Photo

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by Acek, 26 September 2013 - 10:36 PM.

Simply put, piracy rate is much higher on PC so if someone has a console and PC and is released on all three platforms (at the same time) most would simply pirate it for PC rather than buy the console version.
They're just collecting their profits and waiting console sales start to plateau or slip so that the amount of pirated copies won't undermine retail sales.

this is funny.. 

You do know that console versions were pirated since  September 13th! that's 4 days before it was launched.. Even PC pirates have to wait for the release date FFS..  

Edit:
its the same with every game.. Console discs are pirated a few days before release.. on PC  you are lucky to download the disc a few hours before without crack.. 

Fireprufe15
  • Fireprufe15

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Simply put, piracy rate is much higher on PC so if someone has a console and PC and is released on all three platforms (at the same time) most would simply pirate it for PC rather than buy the console version.
They're just collecting their profits and waiting console sales start to plateau or slip so that the amount of pirated copies won't undermine retail sales.

Yet you can pirate on consoles as well.  

Piracy is most certainly not the reason for not releasing on PC at the same time.  There might be several business or developmental reasons.  I actually believe it's to make the game look more attractive to investors.  The game's profit track is very front loaded, as in almost everyone bought it at release, which makes for a spike and then a dead zero on the charts.  While the spike is large, investors don't want to see only a month of returns from a 5 year long investment.  Now, when the PC version releases in two months or whatever, the charts will spike again, making for a much more attractive chart :p.

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

That's why Skyrim was released on all platforms simultaneoulsy and sold 16 mln copies. That's why COD was released on platforms simultaneously and sold 25 mln copies.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Piracy somewhat helps the industry. Take it as a "Free sample"

GTA San Andreas are still popular these days because of mods. 95% of the copies running GTA San Andreas today are pirated ones.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

three post in the newswire today, not a hint of PC found in there.. :facedesk:

But why would there be? It's too soon.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Also GTAV is not R* main product here.. GTA Online is their big gun.. you cant pirate that..

P.S.:
Good night everybody and don't let Brian write novels  again.. i need 5 cups of coffee in the morning just to read his loooong posts.. :p

• brian. likes this

Fireprufe15
  • Fireprufe15

Rat

• Members

That's why Skyrim was released on all platforms simultaneoulsy and sold 16 mln copies. That's why COD was released on platforms simultaneously and sold 25 mln copies.

To be fair, what kind of idiot pirates CoD?  Literally the only redeeming part of that game is the multiplayer.

Tergo
  • Tergo

Crackhead

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by Tergo, 26 September 2013 - 10:40 PM.

The sales are surprisingly already decreasing, at Amazon Germany FIFA 14 just hit #1 on Bestseller. On amazon.com the PS3 version just fell down on the third place. One can only hope that these sales are even more decreasing ovez the next days and maybe we'll get an announcement in October :)

Trevor's Mother
  • Trevor's Mother

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

what Sylis.coyl said makes sense, gaming piracy on PC is much bigger than in consoles, much more easier to do too, so if they release consoles and PC versions simultaneously it may attract people to pirate the game on PC instead of buying PS3/Xbox versions.

the fact is, pirating a game on PC is way easier than in consoles.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:58 PM Edited by r34ld34l, 26 September 2013 - 10:59 PM.

what Sylis.coyl said makes sense, gaming piracy on PC is much bigger than in consoles, much more easier to do too, so if they release consoles and PC versions simultaneously it may attract people to pirate the game on PC instead of buying PS3/Xbox versions.

the fact is, pirating a game on PC is way easier than in consoles.

Actually it is not. It is easier to make pirated copy of game than make crack for a game. Pirating is very easy, on consoles you can't do it, because I don't know any bittorrent client for consoles. But running pirated copy on it is way easier than you think.

For PC someone has to make a crack and put it online. Which can take from few hours to up few days, maybe even years.
For console someone has to make a copy of a game and put it online.

cara2100
  • cara2100

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

fanboy console that disgust

Fireboyd78
  • Fireboyd78

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:02 PM

Of course it's easy to pirate on the PC. But most people (such as myself) don't pirate new games such as GTA V because mainly, it's the wrong thing to do. Piracy is like stealing, and nobody wants that.

People who pirate new games are either:

a) Extremely poor
b) "Trying it out"
c) Entitled scumbags

Now pirating 10+ year and older games is a totally different ballpark in my opinion, and my short answer to that is "Abandonware". But again, it has nothing to do with newer games being pirated, so I won't go into that.

Stop blaming piracy for everything!

• zticky likes this

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by GTARandom, 26 September 2013 - 11:12 PM.

Good side of the seperate PC release is that they can improve it, and it always wins AGAIN the console versions cus of being more fueled with content and HQ textures. 

Difference would be drastic if PC had HQ texs and consoles LQ like they do now in the game(by that i mean, PC being superior on launch to console versions)

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Of course it's easy to pirate on the PC. But most people (such as myself) don't pirate new games such as GTA V because mainly, it's the wrong thing to do. Piracy is like stealing, and nobody wants that.

a) Extremely poor
b) "Trying it out"
c) Entitled scumbags

Now pirating 10+ year and older games is a totally different ballpark in my opinion, and my short answer to that is "Abandonware". But again, it has nothing to do with newer games being pirated, so I won't go into that.

I choose "B"

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

a) Extremely poor
b) "Trying it out"
c) Entitled scumbags

Why is Trying it out in quotes? I actually do that, and if I like the game I buy it, there is no "quote".

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

You guys should try a emotional speech. Put some drama. Cry. Beg. Make it a life or death situation.

Like CJ said "Luckily, there's always one guaranteed weak link in any security set up: The human heart."

Touch R* heart with words.

R* has a heart?!?!!?!?  A HEART???? In which universe do we live??

Are you trying to implode the universe???

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

I've tried a new approach to emailing support.  First I told about the build log file and then I said it contains PC references and made a few listings.  Then my question to them was: "Is this file legit or a fake?" 

So if they respond with a yes, that will also technically confirm a PC version.  They won't say no because that'd be a lie.  The only other option would be a "no comment" type response.  Should be interesting to see exactly how they will respond.

If they do not respond, it is legit. It is legit, btw.

• SilverRST likes this

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

It's legit.

The PC version seems to be "ready" since june.

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

I've tried a new approach to emailing support.  First I told about the build log file and then I said it contains PC references and made a few listings.  Then my question to them was: "Is this file legit or a fake?" 

So if they respond with a yes, that will also technically confirm a PC version.  They won't say no because that'd be a lie.  The only other option would be a "no comment" type response.  Should be interesting to see exactly how they will respond.

It's totally legit. Everything about it screams legit. It would be extremely difficult for anyone to self produce such a thing. 

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 27 September 2013 - 12:34 AM.

It's totally legit. Everything about it screams legit. It would be extremely difficult for anyone to self produce such a thing. 

Not as hard as pair of fake tits.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Blue lives don't matter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by Street Mix, 27 September 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Pirating on console:

Download a week before release - transfer onto console - play - even in multimplayer. Never easier.

On PC it's harder + game is twice in size + waiting for proper cracks + no MP for you.

Who's a retard that came up with dumb idea like "if I have both PC and console then 100% I'll pirate for PC". By that s**t logic we wouldn't see sequels to NFS, BF, CoD, Tomb Raider, TES, PES games and others that are coming simultaneously.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

It's legit.

Ready as far as the game and the PC's they built it on - it'll be announced when it is ready for the varied landscape it'll face when it needs to support many different setups though. 

The game is of course done, on PC, same time it's done on console, but, it is not ready to face all these different setups. Basically, all the work on it right now is going to be making sure it works on all PC's possible, not just the one they developed it on and then downgraded for the consoles.

It's all stability and compatibility work now, and if that is done, it won't be long at all :^:

To those talking about piracy: Nope.avi. 

1: No company will EVER delay a platform unless they simply cannot get it done in time - it is ALWAYS best to get all platforms out the door first.

2: All gta v leaks were downloaded/pirated copies. Cheaters already cheating on the game with hacks, too. On console.

Console piracy is INFINITELY easier than cracking and sharing a PC game, it takes a ONE TIME step of having your box flashed and you're ready to steal EVERY game that comes out. On PC, every single game needs a new crack, and MOST people do not like to risk their PC just to get a game free. And multiplayer has crushed piracy.

And PC gamers are more likely to pay for a game and buy 5x as many games per year than the average console gamer. Console gamers are more likely to rent or buy used, which makes NO money for developers.

These days, PIRATES are the people who CANNOT buy the game if they want to - it's not available where they live. So they pirate it. Their only option, and they don't get the full value ever because it's not online capable when illegitimate.

Steam was warned about entering russia, was told they will just pirate the games. They didn't listen. And now, Russia has changed from pirating (because they had no other choice) and now they are the biggest highest paying market in that area of the world because people like value, and do not like to steal, they just do it when they have to.

And EVERY developer will tell you a pirate = a future sale, and if they have no choice, they'd rather them play the game than be excluded. 

All the misconceptions gamers have, all their little theories and they think they know this about business or that about piracy.

First of all, if someone is a console gamer, they are automatically ignorant in terms of what they know about the game industry and gaming in general. They are the people who have no clue at all the value of their own dollar, let alone what is important to the business because they support a business model that screws developers and that developers hate but MUST do just to be successful which is all changing now. That is number 1.

Number 2, there are orders of magnitude more console pirates than PC pirates when measuring the places where the game is available. 

PC piracy is rampant ONLY because the biggest source of pirates CANNOT buy the game - CANNOT buy a console where they live, their PC is a piece of sh*t, and they make the numbers look bad. They are not. In the places of the world where you have choice: Console is the pirate farm, and PC is full of people who care about the industry and would rather pay into it than steal from it.

This is a 100 percent factual post. If you take reservation to this post or feel something is wrong about it, it's because you don't know what you're talking about and make too many assumptions without even knowing a first page of data on the subject :^:

• Street Mix, GrndZero, geisweiller and 3 others like this

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by Albert Kike, 27 September 2013 - 12:49 AM.

It's legit.

I remember when GTA IV was launched on consoles. The same, dull, bleak, pessimistic feelings that exist among many now about the PC version was around then as well. GTA IV released in April of 2008, and R* was absolutely silent about a PC version, very much like now. However, shortly after the console version was released, a German online retailer began taking pre-orders on the PC version and listed a release date for November 30th 2008, immediately doubt began to swirl around about its authenticity (just like now) but no confirmation was given by R* about any such PC version until August 2008 when they finally announced a PC version was in the works and would be released on November 20th. This date was later scrubbed and the game officially launched for PC on December 2nd, 2008. As it turns out, the German retailer was just a mere 3 days off, strongly indicating they had prior knowledge of the PC version of the game. 

Of course now in 2013 the circumstances are much different as it appears that the R* North dev team changed the way they develop their games on the PC. Ever since Max Payne 3, the devs have been developing their PC games concurrently with the console versions, whereas back then they waited until the console versions were complete to being porting it to the PC during a several months period. We now know that GTA V PC has been in development since probably before 2012. 

I really believe that we will get an announcement sometime next month, and it doesn't necessarily have to be in the October 1st - 10th time line either. I expect and announcement anytime between early and late October for an eventual late November/early December release. 

Albert Kike
  • Albert Kike

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

Not as hard as pair of fake tits.

Have you even bothered to read through it? It's incredibly long and intricate, there's no way in hell it's the product of hoaxers.

https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml

Plus, the same files have been uncovered by more than one person. 

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by SilverRST, 27 September 2013 - 12:47 AM.

I bet my ass that GTAV for PC will be announced before October 10

I will sell both of my testicles if it's not announced by then. 

Anyone who want to sell or bet his dick? We got a pair of ass and testicles and now a dick to make it complete.

My dick is too precious so no, not gonna lose it.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by SilverRST, 27 September 2013 - 12:49 AM.

It's legit.

Ready as far as the game and the PC's they built it on - it'll be announced when it is ready for the varied landscape it'll face when it needs to support many different setups though. 

The game is of course done, on PC, same time it's done on console, but, it is not ready to face all these different setups. Basically, all the work on it right now is going to be making sure it works on all PC's possible, not just the one they developed it on and then downgraded for the consoles.

It's all stability and compatibility work now, and if that is done, it won't be long at all :^:

To those talking about piracy: Nope.avi. 

1: No company will EVER delay a platform unless they simply cannot get it done in time - it is ALWAYS best to get all platforms out the door first.

2: All gta v leaks were downloaded/pirated copies. Cheaters already cheating on the game with hacks, too. On console.

Console piracy is INFINITELY easier than cracking and sharing a PC game, it takes a ONE TIME step of having your box flashed and you're ready to steal EVERY game that comes out. On PC, every single game needs a new crack, and MOST people do not like to risk their PC just to get a game free. And multiplayer has crushed piracy.

And PC gamers are more likely to pay for a game and buy 5x as many games per year than the average console gamer. Console gamers are more likely to rent or buy used, which makes NO money for developers.

These days, PIRATES are the people who CANNOT buy the game if they want to - it's not available where they live. So they pirate it. Their only option, and they don't get the full value ever because it's not online capable when illegitimate.

Steam was warned about entering russia, was told they will just pirate the games. They didn't listen. And now, Russia has changed from pirating (because they had no other choice) and now they are the biggest highest paying market in that area of the world because people like value, and do not like to steal, they just do it when they have to.

And EVERY developer will tell you a pirate = a future sale, and if they have no choice, they'd rather them play the game than be excluded. 

All the misconceptions gamers have, all their little theories and they think they know this about business or that about piracy.

First of all, if someone is a console gamer, they are automatically ignorant in terms of what they know about the game industry and gaming in general. They are the people who have no clue at all the value of their own dollar, let alone what is important to the business because they support a business model that screws developers and that developers hate but MUST do just to be successful which is all changing now. That is number 1.

Number 2, there are orders of magnitude more console pirates than PC pirates when measuring the places where the game is available. 

PC piracy is rampant ONLY because the biggest source of pirates CANNOT buy the game - CANNOT buy a console where they live, their PC is a piece of sh*t, and they make the numbers look bad. They are not. In the places of the world where you have choice: Console is the pirate farm, and PC is full of people who care about the industry and would rather pay into it than steal from it.

This is a 100 percent factual post. If you take reservation to this post or feel something is wrong about it, it's because you don't know what you're talking about and make too many assumptions without even knowing a first page of data on the subject :^:

Good Lord, I need a tank to read your essays xD

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

I bet my ass that GTAV for PC will be announced before October 10

I will sell both of my testicles if it's not announced by then. 

Anyone who want to sell or bet his dick? We got a pair of ass and testicles and now a dick to make it complete.

My dick is too precious so no, not gonna lose it.

I'll offer a single pure hair from my scrotum. 

But that's about it. 

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:03 AM Edited by napoleonic, 27 September 2013 - 01:03 AM.

about piracy

what most game developers, publishers and perhaps you guys 1st world countries people don't realize is that the situation is quite similar with the 60 million steam users argument I posted a while ago : many many many pirates, perhaps majority of it by significant margin are 3rd world countries pirates who are not the potential market anyway; so for game developers and publishers these days to look at the number of pc pirates is simply looking at the wrong picture as these guys are probably never going to be the customers anyway.

you cannot even hope them to buy your product even if you made a perfect one due to various reasons, if instead you try to act against it with force you'd only ended up hurting your own customers.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

Correct, Napoleonic. 

PaYnE18
  • PaYnE18

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:18 AM Edited by PaYnE18, 27 September 2013 - 01:20 AM.

about piracy

what most game developers, publishers and perhaps you guys 1st world countries people don't realize is that the situation is quite similar with the 60 million steam users argument I posted a while ago : many many many pirates, perhaps majority of it by significant margin are 3rd world countries pirates who are not the potential market anyway; so for game developers and publishers these days to look at the number of pc pirates is simply looking at the wrong picture as these guys are probably never going to be the customers anyway.

you cannot even hope them to buy your product even if you made a perfect one due to various reasons, if instead you try to act against it with force you'd only ended up hurting your own customers.

Well, as a 3rd Country guy ( Costa Rica ) this hurts :D but I guess is true, here PC games for example a 60$ is like 90$-100$ I buy the games on Steam or Amazon anyway but the retail box one would be great, and actually here there are cracked console games everywhere but actually since I was born here I never found a store selling cracked PC games lol

• brian. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users