PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
tomm_y
  • tomm_y

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

zerofreeze, Christ, man, I'm reading this and it's almost like the previous gamedev company I was working in. Though it's not as big as... F*unkyFun.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:34 AM Edited by brian., 26 September 2013 - 10:17 AM.

This is how one employee got treated, although it's a old article from 2010.

http://www.ireddead....tar...kind-of./

Still it's for the few others who don't know about this.

NO, these are are mad people who who were incompetent and mad at their boss because they did not get their work done and their work was too sh*tty to do anything but release, support a while, and forget.

They are not all bad people, but those "rockstar wives" and all that sh*t, they are revenging for their own incompetence costing them bonuses and stuff.

Those wives mad because the particular workers sucked ass at doing their job and went home and BLAMED THEIR BOSS instead of their own shortcomings that is the whole reason it all happened, people lied, and stuck to the lie, and it was easier to do  that than admit it's their own fault and they were late as hell with RDR and their wives - if your wife complains about long nights, what do you do? You redirect it. That's what they did, and it blew up in their faces, some of them.

Not everyone at san diego was bullsh*t. But all of that nonsense is disgruntled incompetents. 

edit: 

And now that I look at it, this son of a bitch is the FIRST one I have ever seen tell the truth:

I was totally incompetent. Lazy. Disruptive. A rebel. An instigator. Disrespectful, not only in general, but of authority as well. 

edit 2: oh I see, reading further along he is trying to discredit the truth by repeating it sarcastically. hahahahaha. 

Game didn't come to PC. Canceled DLC packs. You know why. Hack job by people who got too proud to be Rockstar's and didn't treat it like a real job.

But hey, that's what happens WHEN YOU TREAT EMPLOYEES TOO GOOD TO BEGIN WITH.

People in game dev and triple aaa, and facebook, and google, microsoft, they are like the foot clan. Shredder gives them everything they want, but expects a good job. These guys all got spoiled and then blamed their superiors.

And I heard the management there were dicks too, but that is no excuses. Bosses are supposed to be dicks and your job is to make the most gripping games in the industry. The last thing that game should have had was a donkey woman.

And RDR is not all bad and a lot of VERY talented people worked on the tech that made it possible and the production and I am not bashing that entire studio but some of them had serious self responsibility and reliability issues that are whispered around behind the scenes when you know the right people.

356nar.jpg

:whistle:

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:47 AM

This online stuff that is going on. Doesn't mean anything, for the announcement for PC version.

This because, the PC version will probably be announced between okt 1st and okt 10th.(if they follow the same dates as they did before with the japan release and such)

They will announce it for sometime before the holiday season, which gives them plenty of time to fix their stuff before the PC release.  :lol:

I really hope your guess is right. 2013 is the only way to go. :r*:  

PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

This online stuff that is going on. Doesn't mean anything, for the announcement for PC version.

This because, the PC version will probably be announced between okt 1st and okt 10th.(if they follow the same dates as they did before with the japan release and such)

They will announce it for sometime before the holiday season, which gives them plenty of time to fix their stuff before the PC release.  :lol:

I really hope your guess is right. 2013 is the only way to go. :r*:  

Pretty sure of it, the only reason it could fail. Is when something went wrong and they need more time, which I doubt is the case.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:53 AM Edited by brian., 26 September 2013 - 10:03 AM.

And reading through more now, it looks like that guy came in after the sh*t already hit the fan and people were already spiraling.

If you read the way he writes "oh, i was ignored 6 to 8 times by such and such"

He's so entitled, that guy, you can see in his writing style he's an asshole. His whole sarcastic introduction is like, totally true lol.

See how in his language he acts like he is special? Expects his lunch bought, expects people to notice him - expectations. And that is why he is bitter.

Incompetent. Thinks he's a model employee. Thinks he is modest, his narcissism rings loudly.

His f*cking sob story is trying to salvage the pop mark that will follow him around forever as being part of the bunch who blamed everyone else and took no responsibility of their own.

Damage control for his career. Nothing more.

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:03 AM

And reading through more now, it looks like that guy came in after the sh*t already hit the fan and people were already spiraling.

If you read the way he writes "oh, i was ignored 6 to 8 times by such and such"

He's so entitled, that guy, you can see in his writing style he's an asshole. His whole sarcastic introduction is like, totally true lol.

See how in his language he acts like he is special? Expects his lunch bought, expects people to notice him - expectations. And that is why he is bitter.

Incompetent. Thinks he's a model employee. Thinks he is modest, his narcissism rings loudly.

Brian, what guy are you talking about? :dontgetit:  

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:05 AM Edited by brian., 26 September 2013 - 10:35 AM.

The link Zerofreeze posted. You can see right through his write up, he wants potential employees not to fear hiring him when he wrote that.

I put another post above, the one with saul goodman.

So narcicistic, god's gift to an employer or something. I don't even know who he is, but I can see through his charade because I heard horror stories, and they are horror stories of trying to keep certain employees on task, who were out of control and slow and did hack work in some cases.

I know long nights hurt family time and everything, I know, but you sign up, you take the job, you DO the job. It's just messed up how these guys tried to blame their bosses before their bosses had a chance to tell people how incompetent they were when called as a reference for their next position elsewhere.

I'm not saying it's heaven to work for ANYONE. Work sucks. But these people were expected more than they delivered, and their boss wouldn't be a prick if they listened to authority is how I understand it.

This guy could be a really good employee just only guilty by association and guilty of following the herd. His efforts, though thinly veiled in modesty, are egotistical. He does seem to have arrived after things were already crazy there though. 

But someone thinking of leaving after ONE MONTH is already a disgruntled employee who will gravitate to the incompetence they displayed  - do the math.

Just writing this, using the language and tone that he does, is evidence he knows he was not all that he could be while he was there.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

As far I remember conversation about this was banned on these forums. But I could be wrong, it was quite long time ago.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

It might be, I won't talk about it anymore.

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

ok, now I get it. surprisingly, I've never heard of this story lol.

selamkardas
  • selamkardas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:33 AM Edited by selamkardas, 26 September 2013 - 10:36 AM.

This is how I see it.

PC

vqtc.jpg

PS3

y54r.jpg

Where is the open window? And the saturation? :/

-no parked cars-

-80% of things removed              = this game is gonna be boring in 1 or 2 months ...

-ghost City     

remeber R* said People arent just walkin down streets?and do things like in the 1st Picture above?.....they lied again and again       

• jeemuel_29 likes this

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

People do do a lot of things though. People are just walking down streets, but there are a lot of peds on unique paths and times of day and stuff too (many having been discovered for the big easter egg hunt)

The game is definitely massively scaled down, but still a marvel on the current platforms that they support. The PC version should be a marked improvement, because they can't just sell the game on "better graphics" on the nexgen - because that's not their style at all. They are not about just an upres - the IV pc version brought exclusive features. 

I thin the PC version of V will show disparity in more than just graphics, it's going to show a lot more depth to the world and life in it, and it's the only way Rockstar would really be able to justify a rerelease, being on record saying their games are never just upscales. A release to the new consoles, the PC version a preview of what to expect perhaps there.

If they want to close the gap, and they haven't, maybe it's not even development difficulty - maybe they really want that PC version to shine STRONG so that people want that on their nexgen console and beg for that, and get that, it's a lot more compelling that way than just an upres.

But still, could just be an upres, they don't always do as they say they like to :p

jeemuel_29
  • jeemuel_29

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Man, R* announce the PC version already! my friends are already playing it on their consoles and I'm just here hoping that R* would even mention the words "PC" and "GTA V" in the same sentence.

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

This is how I see it.

PC

vqtc.jpg

PS3

y54r.jpg

-no parked cars-

-80% of things removed              = this game is gonna be boring in 1 or 2 months ...

-ghost City     

remeber R* said People arent just walkin down streets?and do things like in the 1st Picture above?.....they lied again and again       

Man, that PS3 screenshot is so...ugly? Like it a game not from 2013 but from 2010. Ugh. :/

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:08 AM Edited by kastrenzo, 26 September 2013 - 11:11 AM.

of course the picture is going to look bad when you take a picture of your TV. as opposed to a PC screenshot

I have the PS3 version and it doesn't look anything like that. whoever took that picture needs to adjust their settings on their television

also on another topic, Rockstar is pretty widely known to be one of the worst game developers in the industry in regards to employee treatment.  

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

I hope PC version could be tuned to be similar to the First Trailer. 

• SilverRST likes this

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

I hope PC version could be tuned to be similar to the First Trailer. 

This. When I first saw the 1st trailer I thought visuals were not so great as I wanted it to be. But now I pray for the PC version to match the concept R* teased us with back in 2011.

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Yo guys, any news bout PC?

PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

no :(

• Fyllid likes this

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

wow those pictures.. 

Well i don't care that much about graphics its just that i don't own a console and even if i had money to waste i would buy them now of all times.. plus a few more frames per second wouldn't hurt :D

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Nope.

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

I would wait for online to get a bit patched for PC announcment (at least enough patched to not crash every 2 mins). But there will be PC version and most likely this year.

Spoiler

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by FEAR THE SATURN, 26 September 2013 - 01:30 PM.

f*ck you Rockstar.i have seen too many spoilers on internet.Aliens,ghosts,zombies,bigfoot.you have made me lost interest in the game.you already spoiled gameplay for pc gamers f*ck you.

napoleonic
  • napoleonic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

This is how I see it.

PC

vqtc.jpg

PS3

y54r.jpg

-no parked cars-

-ghost City     

Man, that PS3 screenshot is so...ugly? Like it a game not from 2013 but from 2010. Ugh. :/

2010? lol, more like pre crysis days, try pre 2007...

tequilapuzh
  • tequilapuzh

zZzZzZz

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:38 PM Edited by tequilapuzh, 26 September 2013 - 01:38 PM.

f*ck you Rockstar.i have seen too many spoilers on internet.

Spoiler
you have made me lost interest in the game.you already spoiled gameplay for pc gamers f*ck you.

You mind sharing some more? Dunno if that is even true things you encounter, but goddamn dude. :/

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:42 PM Edited by tadejpetric, 26 September 2013 - 01:43 PM.

Spoiler
.you have made me lost interest in the game.you already spoiled gameplay for pc gamers f*ck you.

Dont watch stuff...

Also I havent seen the third thing on yt yet

• Dylricho likes this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:46 PM Edited by FEAR THE SATURN, 26 September 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Spoiler
you have made me lost interest in the game.you already spoiled gameplay for pc gamers f*ck you.

You mind sharing some more? Dunno if that is even true things you encounter, but goddamn dude. :/

Dont watch spoilers.play the game and find spoilers on your own.i didnt try to watch gta 5 videos i typed ufo on youtube and all the gta easter egg video came up.i cant watch real world mysteries on youtube till i play gta v.

GTAAPGAMER
  • GTAAPGAMER

GTA Aficionado

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

f*ck you Rockstar.i have seen too many spoilers on internet.Aliens,ghosts,zombies,bigfoot.you have made me lost interest in the game.you already spoiled gameplay for pc gamers f*ck you.

Yes, you do have a valid point on how pretty much all of the GTAV game content is now available on various video/stream sharing sites..all the Let's Play, Game Play, Walk Throughs, Easter Eggs etc... Shoot.. I even watched most of the GTAV 200hr marathon on Twitch.. but that doesn't make me not want to buy it and experience the game for myself in single player and multi-player mode for the PC version. I do not own a console, not since PS2. The way the next gen consoles are starting to resemble PC's, it wouldn't surprise me down the road if XBOX and PS will be making PC's similar to the standard over the counter desktops (and often WAY over priced for the components that are under the hood) with controller ports and all  (HP. Dell, Alienware, Acer etc..)

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I hope gta online will make the game interesting for me.new content updates will make the game alive forever i hope.even more mysteries can be downloadable i think.a new map with more vegetation and trees would be cool.gta v map mostly contains mountains with very few trees which makes the countryside exploration boring.

PandaTa
  • PandaTa

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

I am waiting for GTAV Aswel, but I have no problem with all the spoilers. Because I just don't watch it. Its not that hard to just stop looking at GTAV content...

Ofcourse it sucks when it shows on youtube for example, but we just have to wait a little while longer for our PC announcement. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users