PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:28 PM Edited by SilverRST, 25 September 2013 - 06:29 PM.

@brain, here is the link to the AMD showcase livestream, it will begin an half hour:

And yes, I'm an Nvidia guy too and if AMD will not have anything new, then I'll just pick up the EVGA GTX780 ACX.

How do I edit the youtube link for preventing loading the livestream?

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

Good choice, that card is gonna last you WEE... err, a few years lol.

Thanks for  the link, perfect timing lets me get through the rest of the new R* post on newswire and fyllid's link :^:

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by SilverRST, 25 September 2013 - 06:33 PM.

Good choice, that card is gonna last you WEE... err, a few years lol.

Thanks for  the link, perfect timing lets me get through the rest of the new R* post on newswire and fyllid's link :^:

Yeah it is. And the new AMD GPU that will be as fast as the GTX780 already costs €629!

That's a little difference as the cost of the GTX780. Well, choice is easily made then.

If you want more info about the GPU's, go to videocardz.com :^:

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

GTAO will be developed for years and years if they are successful with their plans.

Trust me, this is a title from Rockstar you'd never expect from their past - this really is going to shock and awe the world, not at first - at first it may be laggy and buggy, but they are seriously going to do sick, never before seen from them sh*t across the board, promise. :D

I do belive that. But there's a lot going on with GTAO, I belive that could delay PC demand.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:34 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 25 September 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Nope, makes no sense, because once it's in a PS3, it's no longer an nVidia card and they do not spend their time promoting their platform competitor  :^:

Yeah, I also thought it wouldn't really make much sense that nVidia would simply mention some console screenshots, just because of the PS3 GPU. I wonder what their intention was.

GTAO will be developed for years and years if they are successful with their plans.

Indeed, and they seem to listen to their fans a lot, judging by their most recent newswire article...

Grand Theft Auto Online is going to be something brand new for us: a fully realized and living world for multiple players that will continue to grow and take shape over time.

• The ultimate shape of GTA Online will be determined as much by you, the player, as by the work we put in. What you like and don’t like, what you play and what you want will determine how the game develops and what it turns into.

• Everything we do will be informed by feedback from you all – from the types of missions that roll out to all kinds of future content.

• We are planning for a constant stream of new content, tweaks and updates in the weeks and months ahead.

• The first couple of weeks we expect to be heavily focused on tuning the experience as it goes from internal testing to the reality of being played by tons of people in the real world so that all the usual teething problems for an online game are overcome. We hope it will all run incredibly smoothly, but please bear with us if it doesn't, and help us fix any and all problems!

• After that, we will begin releasing content updates and giving you the opportunity to make your own content.

That sounds all so exciting, and there is even more if you read through the article! GTA Online is massive.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 25 September 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Free downloadable packs, check on newswire. ^

Fyllid
  • Fyllid

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:39 PM Edited by fyllid, 25 September 2013 - 06:39 PM.

Confirmed Micro-Transactions

" Purchasing GTA$ is absolutely not necessary to get a full experience out of GTA Online. As we mentioned above there is no in-game paywall and nothing that should disrupt the balance of the game."

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

At least they cleared it out of the way and said you don't have to buy it ^

I read eurogamer's article and they said you might HAVE to buy them. False flag bullsh*t.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

@fyllid, that is indeed the stuff I was talking about, good read man, it's like a "finally" moment for me, but it is really nice to see it coming out in the open now.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

I read eurogamer's article and they said you might HAVE to buy them. False flag bullsh*t.

It was already clear before that purchasing in-game money is not a necessity. It would just make no sense whatsoever if it would be forced upon the customer. It's another story if we talk about having to pay for the service.

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Someone made a visually better XML file, so you can actually understand it.

https://googledrive....2MzA/builds.xml

LOL. That would be me.

• tadejpetric likes this

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Nah, he means the packs, CCJBB, not the money. I expected them to be free, I think it was said it would be. If not, phew, I'm glad that it is free :p

"these" packs are free, of course.

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

Anyway, I will wait for a maximum of 2 weeks. If there is no announcement, then it's time to finish walkthrough on Youtube and forget about this game.

Wait till at least October 20th. If no announcement is made by then, we can safely assume that a November release won't be happening. However, an announcement in very early November might bring us a December release. So there will still be hope even if there is no October announcement.

Quick question to all, though. If you had GTA V on PS3/360, would you be playing it? I currently have it on PS3, got about 10 hours in and just decided to stop and wait for the PC version.

The game looks great, save for the godawful aliasing and some muddy textures, but I can't help but to imagine how much better it will look and play on the PC, so I'm just waiting. I feel kind of bad for the PC gamers who don't own consoles, and here I am, a PC gamer who owns a PS3 with GTA V and I'm not even playing it. 

I have the xbox 360 console and I'm hoping the PC version

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Anyway, I will wait for a maximum of 2 weeks. If there is no announcement, then it's time to finish walkthrough on Youtube and forget about this game.

Wait till at least October 20th. If no announcement is made by then, we can safely assume that a November release won't be happening. However, an announcement in very early November might bring us a December release. So there will still be hope even if there is no October announcement.

Quick question to all, though. If you had GTA V on PS3/360, would you be playing it? I currently have it on PS3, got about 10 hours in and just decided to stop and wait for the PC version.

The game looks great, save for the godawful aliasing and some muddy textures, but I can't help but to imagine how much better it will look and play on the PC, so I'm just waiting. I feel kind of bad for the PC gamers who don't own consoles, and here I am, a PC gamer who owns a PS3 with GTA V and I'm not even playing it. 

If you do liked the game, play it. Im sure there's a lot of good stuff beside graphics to enjoy, when it comes out for pc, play it again ;)

I haven't fixed my 360 yet cause my gf would kill me... so my excuse is that Im waiting pc  :whuh:

One of the main gripes I'm having with this game on the console version is the car damage and physics. And while the car damage is said to be identical to IV's damage, it simply take far to long for the effects to show, and the cars lack that distinct feel that IV's cars had when you crashed into something. In V, the cars feel "stiff" or rigid when they crash. In IV, the crashes felt "soft" and dynamic. 

This is one of the main reasons I'm waiting for the PC version, as I know the modders will immediately fix this issue. Graphics in V are damn decent on consoles, except for the low resolution and aliasing.  

IMO from what Ive seen on YT cars handle better and damage better.

IRL handling is a lot better than there is in IV and more like at V

IRL damage is a lot worse than there is in IV (you hit slightly in a car and whole car is f*cked up) and more like in V.

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

It was already clear before that purchasing in-game money is not a necessity. It would just make no sense whatsoever if it would be forced upon the customer. It's another story if we talk about having to pay for the service.

was what I said yesterday, using real money does not mean those who do not use it you can not simply take Alot going to buy, which one to use such money

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Can't even bring myself to play the console version until online rolls out.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:09 PM Edited by brian., 25 September 2013 - 07:09 PM.

I assure you there will be things that cost real money and cannot just be earned in game. It will be how you can luxuriously differentiate yourself, since everyone will have the same content, only buyers can do the glam treatment to their character, everyone else is just using the same default crap.

Whether they plan it now or not, they won't be able to say no to the people who demand the ability to let their money make them feel better than everyone else.

• r34ld34l likes this

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:11 PM Edited by DymeDef, 25 September 2013 - 07:12 PM.

I assure you there will be things that cost real money and cannot just be earned in game. It will be how you can luxuriously differentiate yourself, since everyone will have the same content, only buyers can do the glam treatment to their character, everyone else is just using the same default crap.

This is the new market for online games. Sell cosmetic items and they sell like crazy. Players pay 50 dollars for a clothing pack in APB. Which only comes with a tops, pants, and maybe a couple other items. It's like nearly ten bucks per clothing items lol.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:14 PM

Another note: This AMD stream crashed before it started.

Now I know why their drivers are so bad xD

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:24 PM Edited by SilverRST, 25 September 2013 - 07:25 PM.

They really f*cked it up, man! What is it?? Why is it not working??

Is it my webbrowsrer not working properly? But it seems you have the same problem.

You know what? f*ck it, I'll just stay with nVidia. AMD can't get this sh*t working and crashed.

Wow, you've got a very important showcase almost everyone is waiting for and then it crashed. Great PR, AMD.

That's why I prefer nVidia because of their drivers. Too expensive? Sure, you get what you paid for.

GTX780, I'll never betray you my sweetheart xD

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Is it my webbrowsrer not working properly? But it seems you have the same problem.

You know what? f*ck it, I'll just stay with nVidia. AMD can't get this sh*t working and crashed.

Wow, you've got a very important showcase almost everyone is waiting for and then it crashed. Great PR, AMD.

That's why I prefer nVidia because of their drivers. Too expensive? Sure, you get what you paid for.

Because it crashed, you're gonna stick to nVidia? Thats the most ridicoulus thing I've ever heard.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Because it crashed, you're gonna stick to nVidia? Thats the most ridicoulus thing I've ever heard.

Sure, like I care. And besides, the AMD GPU that is as fast as GTX770 costs the same as GTX780.

jelknab
  • jelknab

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Follow the steam here: http://www.livestrea...stream?t=637320

Osmialek
  • Osmialek

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:34 PM Edited by Osmialek, 25 September 2013 - 07:35 PM.

GTA V gameplay:

ayushisrocking
  • ayushisrocking

Winning!

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Faker than a pair of vinewood tits.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:37 PM Edited by DizzeeXL, 25 September 2013 - 07:40 PM.

GTA V gameplay:

youtube.com/watch?v=8j3kJJA-Lk0

2:46 analog stick aiming.

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

GTA V gameplay:

can I ask why they all post it non full screen.

Why would anyone play nonfullscreen

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Follow the steam here: http://www.livestrea...stream?t=637320

That's the worst livestream ever. Look at the chat, continues flooding!

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:43 PM Edited by brian., 25 September 2013 - 07:44 PM.

Fake for this reason: Fraps is running, supposedly recording, but the moron who made it doesn't have FPS counter (ok, can be disabled or ignored by video - BUT - ), and fraps would record ONLY the game, not the whole desktop. <--- nail in the coffin.

Joypad is natively supported, that would be fine, though it did really seem like he was trying to make it seem like mouse look driving before the shooting begins.

Those keys are either added in the movie editor, or they are just ISO modded and switched names between two files. Looks added in editing to me.

• BananLaks likes this

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

GTA V gameplay:

can I ask why they all post it non full screen.

Why would anyone play nonfullscreen

Guys, it's 100% fake. As you can notice, the guy who's "playing" gta v on pc is russian. I'm russian myself and the fact gta v not being released on PC is the most popular thing to troll pc gamers with here in our country.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users