• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Having a computer doesn't mean you can't buy a ps3/xbox. Believe it or not, you can actually have both...unless you'r brooke and greedy.

Waste $230 dollars in both the game and a soon-outdated console? No thanks, i prefer to stick with my PC or buy next gen.

• InstantCClassic likes this

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

I once thought about prototyping a keyboard and mouse that ONLY has WASD, ctrl, space, shift, many buttons removed, and then selling it to console gamers. lol. you'd have this mostly blank keyboard, with just the buttons that it takes to make the multiplatform games play well (like cod and gta controls are very similar on PC)

It was going to be the ultimate irony, and I think it would sell really well lol.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

I once thought about prototyping a keyboard and mouse that ONLY has WASD, ctrl, space, shift, many buttons removed, and then selling it to console gamers. lol. you'd have this mostly blank keyboard, with just the buttons that it takes to make the multiplatform games play well (like cod and gta controls are very similar on PC)

It was going to be the ultimate irony, and I think it would sell really well lol.

Haha, that's like the Nostramo I think is what it's called. That like game pad for PC that's like a propped up keyboard cut around the T key and can be fully customizable what button emulates a key press.

Idk if console gamers would want a kb n m set up though. After gaming on consoles for years and moving to PC, it felt soooooooooooooo weird.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by brian., 19 September 2013 - 08:17 PM.

If you show them this, they cannot resist :p

I couldn't resist posting it either - but I'll wait to get back to GTA V PC discussion asap, I miss the debate. :p

rofl that kid @ 2:00 "god f*cking dammit" and he's like 8 lol.

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Something like this? ;)

gOWzKyt.jpg

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:51 PM Edited by DymeDef, 19 September 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Something like this? ;)

gOWzKyt.jpg
This is what I was referring to about the Nostramo.

Getting tired of console fanbois yo.

Someone says something about PC.

Console gamer talks sh*t.

PC gamer responds in any way.

Console gamer reply with "typical pc gamers"

Lol. This is the only good thread on here, too many trolls.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Brian I got a question.

Have you noticed any AO in any of the screens? I haven't analyzed them, and not nearly as closely as you. Any comment on the presence of any for of AO(hoping for HB/HD)

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:25 PM Edited by brian., 19 September 2013 - 09:27 PM.

I thought there was HDAO in some of them, but I cannot be sure at all, and it could be shadow artifacts, but if you look at that one of trevor blowing up the house, around the shading of his shirt looks grainy, I think it's some form of AO, but I really don't know and am not sure about that one. The dx11 depth of field/blur I claimed has since been confirmed by the game files adaptivedof entries now though, which is cool :^:

For sure materials in that same image are more robust than those used on the consoles. Same goes for the "franklin and cop car" image I tend to reference, he looks like real, subsurface scattered oily skin in that, but on console he kind of looks slightly better than plastic shine.

That's a sick controller, lemme mock up what I meant, so you can see the humor. Would sell like crazy xD

5XjWXyS.png

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I thought there was HDAO in some of them, but I cannot be sure at all, and it could be shadow artifacts, but if you look at that one of trevor blowing up the house, around the shading of his shirt looks grainy, I think it's some form of AO, but I really don't know and am not sure about that one. The dx11 depth of field/blur I claimed has since been confirmed by the game files adaptivedof entries now though, which is cool :^:

For sure materials in that same image are more robust than those used on the consoles. Same goes for the "franklin and cop car" image I tend to reference, he looks like real, subsurface scattered oily skin in that, but on console he kind of looks slightly better than plastic shine.

That's a sick controller, lemme mock up what I meant, so you can see the humor. Would sell like crazy xD

5XjWXyS.png

Haha I like the name you gave it.

And yeah I have always agreed with your call on the Bokeh DoF. The textures in all the promo screens seem to be of better quality. And yes the subsurface scattering on Franklin was a good call. I couldn't tell if you were correct at first but going back to my skyrim and messing with ENB settings and adjusting the subsurface scattering proved you correct again (not sure why I doubt some of the more obvious things you say, sometimes it's just too good to be true lol).

I'm hoping you spotting HDAO is correct, AO is a must have imo. It really changed the way skyrim looked and I feel like it will do the same with V.

Another question, as I am not very educated on optimizations and how well certain hardware will perform. But if one could max MP3 and keep around 60 fps and really only dip in the most extreme of sequences, would they be able to play V with high settings at a smooth 60? Assuming the optimizations MP3 had make their way into V (not sure why they wouldn't though, as you said that is a step backwards as a studio).

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:50 PM

Brian, I want 2 of this! How much is the shipping to Brazil? Hahahah
  • brian. likes this

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by Game512, 19 September 2013 - 10:03 PM.

Just look at this. GTA V is extremely huge success. 

Extremely high sales in the first day - $800 f*cking millions(1.5 bigger than previous record established by Call Of Duty: Black Ops II). 

Extremely high ratings from critics.

Terrific quality of the game and complete approval from players.

Crowds of happy players everywhere.

This is one big and amazing celebration and one mega success for Rockstar. And very sad that PC gamers are deprived of this celebration.

Shame on you Rockstar

• SilverRST and geisweiller like this

Zotak
  • Zotak

Tom Hardy looks like me, or is it the other way?

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

GTAV PC petition surpasses 450,000 signatures

The Change.org calling on Rockstar Games to release Grand Theft Auto V on PC has surpassed 450,000 signatures, up by more than 100,000 in three days.

GTAVPC_34384_embed.jpg

According to a Change.org representative, the petition is the largest gaming petition ever launched through the site and is the 10th largest global campaign the site has ever hosted.

It was also the most viewed petition on Change.org in the past week.

Link:http://www.gamespot....natures-6414687

Who ever thinks GTA V PC is not comming is in denial, as many other hints already proved aswell.

If by any means it doesn't I'll send them the expendables guys to overthrow R*s console dictactorship. :pp

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

Aiming is incredibly gimmicky in V,I haven't even opened my 360 version yet but I don't think that will change anything.

just as I predicted, driving controls would be good, aiming would be sh*t.

Thing thats annoying me most with the game is its constantly losing your vehicles, probably an issue with memory

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Aiming is incredibly gimmicky in V,I haven't even opened my 360 version yet but I don't think that will change anything.

just as I predicted, driving controls would be good, aiming would be sh*t.

Thing thats annoying me most with the game is its constantly losing your vehicles, probably an issue with memory

I find the aiming to be spectacular. It's a mix between gta and Max Payne 3.

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

The Change.org calling on Rockstar Games to release Grand Theft Auto V on PC has surpassed 450,000 signatures, up by more than 100,000 in three days.
GTAVPC_34384_embed.jpg
According to a Change.org representative, the petition is the largest gaming petition ever launched through the site and is the 10th largest global campaign the site has ever hosted.

Who ever thinks GTA V PC is not comming is in denial, as many other hints already proved aswell.

If by any means it doesn't I'll send them the expendables guys to overthrow R*s console dictactorship. :pp

Common R*, say something about it!!!!!!

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:01 PM

They will talk about it when they feel it's ready. I would rather wait for a well optimized game than to go through the early days of GTA IVs PC release.

Acek
  • Acek

Dont care about GTAV anymore even if it comes to PC

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:10 PM

So here is what i think:

With all the evidence found in the  game files so far it looks like PC version was planned a long time ago (and dont give any sh*t about being developed on PC and sh*t). The biggest upgrade  this game has is the upcoming online mode. From what i've seen most stuff is locked for the online part (houses and stuff). which means that GTA Online is what they will focus from now on. I can see a plan to make GTA a kind of MMORPG. A KIND OF being a key word. With a ton of expansions or DLCs this could become something like that. Hell they could even complete San Andreas by making the other two cities as "DLC"s.. And what better platform to do that than PC which already has "this kind of games" and it also makes it a lot easier to maintain because there are less limits with PC.. and most important : more than 16 players per session: what current gen cant ever do.. But hey lets milk the consoles than push it out on PC and give a bunch of stuff to buy.. If free to play games can handle it why not GTA Online..

I think GTAV is not the main thing here.. GTA Online is.. Online is the big advantage that current gen will never have over PC.. and thats where the money is

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

So here is what i think:
With all the evidence found in the  game files so far it looks like PC version was planned a long time ago (and dont give any sh*t about being developed on PC and sh*t). The biggest upgrade  this game has is the upcoming online mode. From what i've seen most stuff is locked for the online part (houses and stuff). which means that GTA Online is what they will focus from now on. I can see a plan to make GTA a kind of MMORPG. A KIND OF being a key word. With a ton of expansions or DLCs this could become something like that. Hell they could even complete San Andreas by making the other two cities as "DLC"s.. And what better platform to do that than PC which already has "this kind of games" and it also makes it a lot easier to maintain because there are less limits with PC.. and most important : more than 16 players per session: what current gen cant ever do.. But hey lets milk the consoles than push it out on PC and give a bunch of stuff to buy.. If free to play games can handle it why not GTA Online..

I think GTAV is not the main thing here.. GTA Online is.. Online is the big advantage that current gen will never have over PC.. and thats where the money is

Im with you on that. The priority is GTA online.

Tooth
  • Tooth

Do we know each other?

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

1'st October is going to be the first day when R* will officially start talking about PC.

Mark my words.

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

1'st October is going to be the first day when R* will officially start talking about PC.

Mark my words.

Yeah that's what i think too, BUT I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE OF THIS, WHY IS TIME SO SLOW THESE DAYS; okay im calm again...

cara2100
  • cara2100

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:52 PM Edited by Felipson, 19 September 2013 - 11:53 PM.

in November 2011 when it released the first trailer , the PC version was confirmed .................... why they took? that drug

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by brian., 20 September 2013 - 12:15 AM.

Another question, as I am not very educated on optimizations and how well certain hardware will perform. But if one could max MP3 and keep around 60 fps and really only dip in the most extreme of sequences, would they be able to play V with high settings at a smooth 60? Assuming the optimizations MP3 had make their way into V (not sure why they wouldn't though, as you said that is a step backwards as a studio).

If you take some of the "known examples" (the shots from the manual, the shots where you blatantly see "a different breed" of effect going on - higher shadow resolution, higher textures to the point it is not just anisotropy aside the cases where it is just anisotropy etc,) and then you go through the whole collection that GTANet has here on GTAV.net, you can start to see, okay, this one doesn't have any depth of field at all, this one has regular textures that look great but are not good up close, this one has the bokeh blur, that one has a dx9 substituting it on the lights (one that looks faked seems to be cut from final game, can't blame them for trying), etc - you'll see a lot of things.

You gotta make room of course for developmental overshoot and aesthetic changes. Room for completely changed textures and models for example, the easy example is the ever changing look of Michael's face and eyes throughout development.  But then there are the effects, the shadows and so on.

A nice level of anisotropic filtering is not real bad at all on performance, they could easily pump that up, but I guess it's low to help it look better. Or perhaps everything else is just so taxing even small gains are important. I've seen lots of great optimizations though. Like, cars still tick at 25fps, regardless of the game's rate. And a really nice one is that the radar will skip frames and update on staggered frames instead, which is a really smart and elegant touch,  that feature and much else about the radar seems pretty heavy compared to the ones in the past, so it's costly on its own, but having the whole thing take back seat to the world action like that is brilliant and not at all as jarring as i thought it would be when I only suspected it was so.

Lemme shorten this up before the question - you can see lots and lots of different settings in the screenshots. The final settings of the game, it could have looked many ways like those screenshots throughout development, through all the changes, for sure, but they never were being run looking that sharp. The resolution and obvious downscaling was the #1 most strong evidence for me from the start. I know what's possible with 1280x720 little squares, and I know to achieve the images we see, you can only do it with deep AA or with downscaling :p Like the Social Club iFruit pics, they go down 50% as we covered ealier in the thread. 1280x720p, as you know, but for others reading, is 50% of PC rage engine max res, 2560x1440. So that was a dead giveaway what made me start to look a little closer and realize I was seeing modern graphics. 

Once the trailers started running, I lost my mind lol.

Onto Max Payne 3 -

That game is testament to an incredibly strong maturation of RAGE. It's the first game that we got to see RAGE since GTA IV. I think Bully went to PC after IV, maybe it was before, but it was gamebryo. And LA Noire used and got some help from Rockstar's games and logic and people and such, but was in a different engine as well. Don't know much about their tech other than how the facial stuff works. Max Payne was the first time we saw RAGE since IV.

Let me tell ya though, Max Payne is a completely different game than IV. When you go inside of, say, the museum in IV, you'll get similar performance to Max Payne, if not, then, there's some optimization, but you'll be close for sure. When you're in Niko's apartment, it's easy to attain high steady fps and really strong, smooth gameplay.

The radar is dumped from the render and you're just seeing your interior map pic, the shadows are alleviated of the outside world, if you can't see it out through a window, it's turned off, and so on. GTA IV was DX9 only, with some early dx10 extensions all platforms afaik, it had a unique night shadows feature giving lights in the scene shadows, headlights etc, and a unique separate shadow system in "very high" shadows, the clip editor (the source of the most notable performance problems, turn it off if you're not using it! lol), and it used a few extra little effects here and there and of course was fully configurable. 

That all being said, Max Payne is using the same engine, but definitely has some unique bits of its own. I'm not intimate with it, but what I can say is that it is a wholly different beast that has roughly the same heart.

Most of it, even when outside, could be and probably should be considered almost like being in an interior in GTA IV, except that it is massively detailed and littered with all kinds of dynamic stuff that is more sparsely peppered around in GTA, yet very prevalent in its interiors (busting chunks off of walls and pillars when shot and stuff littered around the levels, soda bottles and physics props).

The big difference is that while there are big views out away where you can't go, they are not like GTA's world. There's a lot less collision data being considered, a lot of room for all those props and vegetation, a lot less tris being thrown at the shadows, like being inside in IV :p

All of that considered - the biggest indication that you will be just fine if you're getting performance like that in Max Payne 3 maxed out, is that the consoles are getting phenomenal performance for a GTA game. If you're running IV even like a console - 20 to 30 fps and crunching along like I used to with my old dual core - then you're sure to be alright in V, cause the consoles are. I mean, it is running pretty good. IV runs much better on my PC than it does on the consoles at this point, but when it first came along, I chugged along "slightly better looking", or ran nice and quick "even lower than console".

And my specs were under console (1.86ghz dual core). So now, seeing how well IV runs for me and most gamers today, now we have those "future PC's" rockstar said it was built for, I am quite sure that the performance on consoles is an indicator that at the very least you will run some pretty damn high settings and still do way better than IV ever did. A sh*tload of optimization has occurred, we see it in MP3, but can't judge it side by side and really be sure, different beasts as I said, but what we can do is look at how well IV runs, even if it runs bad it still runs like it did on the consoles, right? So, looking how well V runs on the consoles, nice high FPS on occasions, I haven't seen much slowdown at all yet to be honest, just pop in and pauses in dialogue to stream it in. Won't have either problem on nice maintaned PC, no doubt in my mind you will easily get even better performance from GTA V than the gap between IV and V on consoles, because PC will enjoy not just graphical boosts from DX11, but also DX11 performance related optimizations, allowing you to push those settings even further than you could with IV before you start to feel the crunch :^:

It's a beatiful future for GTA V on PC and nexgen consoles, for sure. After the fully adequate and awesome GTA V we see on the ending gen consoles, I mean, look at the screenshots, think about the optimizations DX11 brings to high fidelity rendering, think of watch dogs how different it looks current gen vs new gen, wow, what really is in store for us? What settings were DISABLED in the screenshots, what can we NOT yet find?

Exciting. This adequate GTA from the 17th, what is in store for the modern one?

edit: took video off, because i cant even find the sh*t I was showing in it, maybe wrong one, there is a sick vid from the leaks showing nuts bumper to bumper realistic traffic. Look how many cars the consoles have, holy crap there will be a lot on PC  xD

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Lol. Brian's posts are becoming bigger and bigger with every new post

• SilverRST likes this

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

‘Be Yourself’ is about the worst advice you can give to people.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

I couldn't resist posting it either - but I'll wait to get back to GTA V PC discussion asap, I miss the debate. :p

Well, lemme ask you this. Why do the bullet holes look so smooth? 

759-1280.jpgI mean, you can actually see the holes. 

Sorta reminds me of this:

PTbullethole-thumb-646x400-138285.jpg

I know it's only a promotional shot, but, I'm not seeing those same bullet holes, anymore. 

• Smaher. likes this

hc41
  • hc41

The Project

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

Even more proof

gyxK2.jpg

http://forum.xentax....?p=88190#p88190

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by _Kindled_, 20 September 2013 - 12:18 AM.

Even more proof

Could be anything. Looks even Photoshopped.

• Smaher. likes this

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Immortal

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:36 AM

Even more proof

Could be anything. Looks even Photoshopped.

Not really. Its real proof.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:53 AM Edited by brian., 20 September 2013 - 12:55 AM.

I know it's only a promotional shot, but, I'm not seeing those same bullet holes, anymore. 

Those files are real. There's even more interesting stuff, at least until we see what's inside of it. There's lots of awesome sh*t in the last 15 pages peppered in there. 

Those bullet holes are likely decals and not really deforming the geometry. if they are, that's nuts. Just looks like bullet hole decals with a normal map though, antialiased well and scaled down. Can we get a shot of bulletholes from the console? The technique will undoubtedly be the same in this case, but you might be able to discern a different texture quality. It's not actually holes your seeing in those bullet shots, it just looks like it, because the overlay is flat but the texture gives the impression it's dented in.

looks like real decals painted on with the bullet shot, rather than cards at bullet impact place, but could be either, most likely the latter.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

GTAVPC_34384_embed.jpg

I love this. 

_Kindled_
  • _Kindled_

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

Was looking through some screens and noticed this...

trailer1_024.jpgtrailer1_026.jpg

God, the vine bushes looks so real. You can see the detail. Almost looked like 3D leaves :/

Psych! Think again.

GTA_V_low_res_bushes.jpg

It's basically just round and low res-textured.

I can almost see the textures from here.

865-1280.jpg

I haven't spotted any 2D leaves and bushes in Trailer 1 since then. :monocle:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users