PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:05 PM Edited by SilverRST, 19 September 2013 - 06:06 PM.

Lol^

I respect R* for making such a great game and all but it's way too frustrating for us PC gamers
to have to wait for a PC version. It's too hard, especially if we are talking about GTAV.
The waiting will kill us and it's just...kind of biting in our soul.
We actually can't stand all this waiting. We have been waitinf like 2 years for this game to be released,
finally released, we STIL HAVE to WAIT!

And don't tell us to buy a damn console! Buying a console just for one game is way too stupid and a waste.
You can't compare a controller to KB+M.

Stop acting like KB+M is the only way to play a game. Lol, driving is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better with a controller. Moving in general is much better with a controller. There are plenty of pros and cons for both. God damn, statements about controller vs KBnM superiority make PC gamers really look like jackasses. It's all preference, plain and simple. Now cut the sh*t about superior controller options, because that is hardly something you can prove. The ability of a PC to a console is something that can be proven. Not a subjective definition of what controller type is better lol.

You can't compare keyboard movement to joystick movement.

You can't compare keyboard driving to trigger and joystick driving.

You can't compare them because each has its own unique set of "skills".

How about you just keep your mouth shut? Have you ever heard of opinion? Or prefering?

I don't care what you think it's better or whatever. I still prefer KB+M.

And wtf does that statement makes PC like superiority akes PC gamers look like jackasses?? They are completely different from each other

except the consoles are closed systems and require a damn controller.

I don't care a rat's ass you prefer a controller but I prefer KB+M and I'm not an etilist or whatever that sh*t is called.

Just accept everyone what they prefer and drop it.

cara2100
  • cara2100

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by Felipson, 19 September 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Lol^

I respect R* for making such a great game and all but it's way too frustrating for us PC gamers
to have to wait for a PC version. It's too hard, especially if we are talking about GTAV.
We actually can't stand all this waiting. We have been waitinf like 2 years for this game to be released,

And don't tell us to buy a damn console! Buying a console just for one game is way too stupid and a waste.

Stop acting like KB+M is the only way to play a game. Lol, driving is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better with a controller. Moving in general is much better with a controller. There are plenty of pros and cons for both. God damn, statements about controller vs KBnM superiority make PC gamers really look like jackasses. It's all preference, plain and simple. Now cut the sh*t about superior controller options, because that is hardly something you can prove. The ability of a PC to a console is something that can be proven. Not a subjective definition of what controller type is better lol.

How about you just keep your mouth shut? Have you ever heard of opinion? Or prefering?

I don't care what you think it's better or whatever. I still prefer KB+M.

And wtf does that statement makes PC like superiority akes PC gamers look like jackasses?? They are completely different from each other

except the consoles are closed systems and require a damn controller.

I don't care a rat's ass you prefer a controller but I prefer KB+M and I'm not an etilist or whatever that sh*t is called.

Just accept everyone what they prefer and drop it.

to expecting the PC version will play more in control of the xbox360

Mega
  • Mega

Smartass/Joker (Freelancer)

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

To be honest, I like to use both: when it comes to shooting stuff and people, I stick to mouse + keyboard, but when it's driving/flying, I just need the 360 controller. (Although I can fly San Andreas' planes very well and even do tricks with the keyboard)

• BlackScout and Nekro15 like this

Ron Taboga
  • Ron Taboga

Silent Sniper

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Its just the aiming. There is nothing better to aim with a mouse during shootscenes. Controller Auto Aiming is just really crap for me.

• SilverRST likes this

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

I use a controller for gta in general, but when I'm doing only shooting for a while, I switch to KB+M a little bit :)

RadioActiveLobster
  • RadioActiveLobster

Lover of Redheaded/Ginger Women

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

I beat Max Payne 3 on PC with KB/M and then went back and tried some of the missions/gameplay with my wireless 360 controller. Holy f*cking sh*t was it horrible to use.

The only think I use the controller for on PC is driving games. I even prefer KB/M in Assassin's Creed.

Redrez
  • Redrez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Just seen this come on the net...
http://news.softpedi...rt-384561.shtml

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

It's old and discussed heavily on reddit. Fake. The "dev" could not even prove that he was an employee, nor come with any valid information.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Musik please

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:44 PM

Fake.

Redrez
  • Redrez

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Shame I had just pencilled in the 22nd of November as the day I can play gta5 on the PC.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Lol^

Therefore, I will be using a ps3-controller on my computer. It doesn't always have to be so complicated.

I play IV hybrid. I use mouse and keyboard on foot and controller in a car or helicopter. They need to make a wii style controller for PC where there's the thumb stick and a bunch of buttons for hot keys and games on PC need to move towards the 8 direction movement a joystick offers compared to the 4 way keyboards use. I wish you could play with a controller in one hand and the mouse in the other lol. Would be nice.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Its just the aiming. There is nothing better to aim with a mouse during shootscenes. Controller Auto Aiming is just really crap for me.

Exactly. That's why I prefer mouse for aiming. Aiming with a controller feels so slow.

I tried RDR once on my PS3, the game is really nice and all but I really sucked at the rabbits misison!

I didn't shot one f*ckig rabbit because of the damn controller. Since then, never ever an action game for me for a console.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

Lol^

Therefore, I will be using a ps3-controller on my computer. It doesn't always have to be so complicated.

I play IV hybrid. I use mouse and keyboard on foot and controller in a car or helicopter. They need to make a wii style controller for PC where there's the thumb stick and a bunch of buttons for hot keys and games on PC need to move towards the 8 direction movement a joystick offers compared to the 4 way keyboards use. I wish you could play with a controller in one hand and the mouse in the other lol. Would be nice.

How would that work out, yo?

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by Usman55, 19 September 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Fake!

Naziman
  • Naziman

Metalhead.

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

looks and feels fake.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:59 PM Edited by brian., 19 September 2013 - 07:17 PM.

Cnet is dumb, The game was on side-by-side development, consoles were second platforms being given fallback routines for the stuff they can't do, and the delay caused the PC version and PS4 and such to take a backseat. Crunch time with the 6 month delay meant they need to finish the current gen version and get it out the door, this is totally normal. People are used to compensation tactics for shortcomings in development, yes, they play that hand well, but they are not interested in playing it anymore, and were forced to once more with max payne, and more so with GTA V :^:

If you read my lasts posts in this thread, it goes into great detail as to why this is done, and why it wasn't meant to be done this time. :^:

Give it a read through, then consider it. No one is wrong for assuming this maximizes their success with the hand they are dealt, but NO developer, NONE enjoys delaying. If you can get all platforms at once, THATS what you do. Trust me on that. When you can't, you remain very quiet about the others. So you're all right, but there is more to it, particularly with the generational gaps in hardware (effecting final product on given platforms). Read my lasts longish posts here. :^:

http://gtaforums.com...r/?p=1063389092

http://gtaforums.com...r/?p=1063389657

http://gtaforums.com...r/?p=1063387418

Escept for these two:

You seriously need to STFU with your bullsh*t. You are just repeating stuff that you don´t understand from other people who have no idea what they are talking about. Don´t present your ridiculous crap as fact when you clearly have no idea what you´re talking about. You don´t set up a completely different config for PC just because you´re developing on it.

Absolutely right. So much bullsh*t elsewhere on this forum

These two are pretty dumb, considering PC is the only platform which needs its own config library to support many many hardware configurations, and not just the platform itself. Momos.

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

If they want to maximize profits they got to make an announcement on october, otherwise interest for V will fade and Ubisoft will get all the money. It's kind of the same that happened with IV's DLCs.

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:20 PM Edited by geisweiller, 19 September 2013 - 07:21 PM.

If they want to maximize profits they got to make an announcement on october, otherwise interest for V will fade and Ubisoft will get all the money. It's kind of the same that happened with IV's DLCs.

Better hurry R*. AC IV is coming in the end of October.

The petition just got 470k signatures! In 1 or 2 days we will reach 500k...R* should say something about it. At least, "Good effort guys, keep it up!" hahahaha

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by brian., 19 September 2013 - 07:23 PM.

AC IV is not a GTA competitor lol. That game series is not as popular as people think. It's a good series, it's well loved by the people who play it, but it is not a competitor to GTA, and pales in comparison in terms of penetration.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by DymeDef, 19 September 2013 - 07:35 PM.

Lol^

The wii remote idea? Basically instead of using the keyboard it is replaced by a single sided wii remote like controller. Has the analog stick and a few buttons (like you would around WASD). Instead of relying on having 4 direction keys you use the analog stick to move, which gives you much better maneuverability.

Think of it like the keyboard has 4 directions and can be combined together giving you 8 directions. The analog sticks I believe has more than 8 now that I think about it and offers a much better and smoother feeling for movement.

With a keyboard you feel limited in how you move around while with an analog stick it feels more natural like you have full control over the movement. Hard to explain, but if you move around with a keyboard in IV and then a controller you will get what I mean. This is like that with every game when comparing moving with controllers and keyboards.

Aiming is obviously superior on mouse for reasons I do not need to explain lol. But the controllers do have their pros too, not just cons.

I agree Brian. While AC is similar it is a completely different game. Not to mention the style of gameplay is much more relaxed. The AC series always seemed more like an interactive movie to me than an open living breathing world. Both games are great for their own reasons and neither will step on eachother toes.

Watch Dogs though does try to have a semi gta feel to its city and yiu can see and feel it in the videos. I'm sure it will also be a fantastic game but, not a game like GTA. Too many comparisons to gta when no game tries to be like it. Even SR1 wasn't tying to emulate gta, just take some of its successful building blocks and work on their own open world game.

It's a shame that gamers can not enjoy multiple games in a similar genre even though their gameplay is very different and what the game is about is different.

It's like any open world game now gets compared to skyrim or GTA, which isn't fair. Most open world games don't want to be like them, but they have to take certain aspects that made the franchises get to where they are. All games borrow aspects, it's just how it goes. But too many people think a game borrowing an aspect as that game attempting to copy.

We don't talk down to local news paper printing businesses because they try to relay news when we have news channels on tv. So why can't we appreciate all open world games for what they are? Because they all offer something different than the last, and that is a really good thing.

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

AC IV is not a GTA competitor lol. That game series is not as popular as people think. It's a good series, it's well loved by the people who play it, but it is not a competitor to GTA, and pales in comparison in terms of penetration.

I know, I'm not a fan for example hehe. But, being a competitor or not, AC IV will reduce the profit from GTA V on PC (not much). R* probably don't want that, otherwise they would be already released for PC. They are holding the release for max profit on consoles. They must want max profit for PC too.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Lol^

The wii remote idea? Basically instead of using the keyboard it is replaced by a single sided wii remote like controller. Has the analog stick and a few buttons (like you would around WASD). Instead of relying on having 4 direction keys you use the analog stick to move, which gives you much better maneuverability.

Think of it like the keyboard has 4 directions and can be combined together giving you 8 directions. The analog sticks I believe has more than 8 now that I think about it and offers a much better and smoother feeling for movement.

With a keyboard you feel limited in how you move around while with an analog stick it feels more natural like you have full control over the movement. Hard to explain, but if you move around with a keyboard in IV and then a controller you will get what I mean. This is like that with every game when comparing moving with controllers and keyboards.

Aiming is obviously superior on mouse for reasons I do not need to explain lol. But the controllers do have their pros too, not just cons.

Now I understand. Sounds a bit weird, but I'm sure it could work out if made correctly.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by brian., 19 September 2013 - 07:36 PM.

That's true to an extent, but with the keyboard, you walk forward (w) at all times, and use the mouse to turn, only using ASD for certain occasions or when "your forward" is "that way", while your mouse aims you another way (like running sideways while looking another direction). It is far more precise that way.

With a mouse, that's your right stick.

I myself even with joypad tend to walk forward, and use right stick to turn. It's more control that way. 2 inputs at a time instead of one.

With keyboard and mouse, it's forward, and mouse is your right stick. It's faster, more precise, but each has strengths. Driving for example, if you don't have a wheel/wheel is unsupported, tends to be best on a joypad.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

That's true to an extent, but with the keyboard, you walk forward (w) at all times, and use the mouse to turn, only using ASD for certain occasions or when "your forward" is "that way", while your mouse aims you another way (like running sideways while looking another direction). It is far more precise that way.

I myself even with joypad tend to walk forward, and use right stick to turn. It's more control that way. 2 inputs at a time instead of one.

With keyboard and mouse, it's forward, and mouse is your right stick. It's faster, more precise, but each has strengths. Driving for example, if you don't have a wheel/wheel is unsupported, tends to be best on a joypad.

Totally agree on this one.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

That's true to an extent, but with the keyboard, you walk forward (w) at all times, and use the mouse to turn, only using ASD for certain occasions or when your forward is that way, while your mouse aims you another way. It is far more precise that way.

This is true, but something about the analog stick just feels more natural. Especially with games that offer an unlocked third person camera. GTA does not (not sure why, but meh...) so it's not as big of a deal. But I used to play APB Reloaded and that game had an unattached third person camera. The keyboard movement was extremely noticeable because of that and I was always daydreaming of somehow getting a joystick with buttons near it to replace WASD.

Keyboard driving and flying is always as inferior as it gets pretty much lol. But that's an obvious one.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

What about having a keyboard with some sort of joystick were the WASD-keys are, and still remain all the other keys aside? Would've been genious.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

What about having a keyboard with some sort of joystick were the WASD-keys are, and still remain all the other keys aside? Would've been genious.

Would take getting used to but would definitely be viable and likely easily made. This could be someone's lucky break, someone take this idea and run with it. You will make money likely lol.

Artistèn
  • Artistèn

Veteran

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Having a computer doesn't mean you can't buy a ps3/xbox. Believe it or not, you can actually have both...unless you'r brooke and greedy.

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:47 PM Edited by Game512, 19 September 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Right now Rockstar, probably, fully focused on GTA Online

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Having a computer doesn't mean you can't buy a ps3/xbox. Believe it or not, you can actually have both...unless you'r brooke and greedy.

Or because you're not allowed, cannot afford it or don't want the console. As simple as that.

• InstantCClassic likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users