Photo

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by lh1, 19 September 2013 - 03:18 PM.

the social club now entered my login but ta offline, at least Max Payne 3 PC, which will put the crews in GTAV. You guys are not finding it strange

What do you mean ? Do you mind taking a screen cap or something ?

You mean this ?

50Hftwp.jpg

cara2100
  • cara2100

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

the social club now entered my login but ta offline, at least Max Payne 3 PC, which will put the crews in GTAV. You guys are not finding it strange

Felipson, acho que eles tão atualizando o RSC e também tão recebendo muita informação dos consoles..Por isso o RSC está com tantos problemas.

Felipson, I think they're updating the RSC and also they're are receveing a lot of information from consoles...That's why RSC is having so much issues.

but the servers are islands along with the PC in social club

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 19 September 2013 - 03:19 PM.

We'll with all the proof we've seen in the last pages, I'm pretty sure Rockstar Games will announce it in 1-2 weeks and release it on Late November.

The proof of PC version's existence doesn't confirm the release date in any way. It's been like this for 12 years, if you expect it to change you're setting yourself up for dissapointment. Sorry but I'd rather forget about the game then it will get announced when you least expect it.

Pst Rockstar titles were ported, PC version has a TON of evidence that it was developed side by side.

If you are reffering to those code lines found in the xbox 360, those are from when they made the game for the console, because concole games are made on pc.

Nope, you are wrong. 

Xbox games are developed on a Developers Kit Xbox 360, a normal 360 with 2GB extra RAM for development purposes.

PS3 is the same way.

There are a sh*t ton of setting files, and all other types of files that can ONLY be used by a PC. Settings within the files that can ONLY be used by a machine capable of DX11 (AKA not the consoles). Even IF (Thats a big if too.....) they developed it on PC for consoles, they wouldn't include PC specific files if they weren't working on it.

But hey, I don't give a damn. I have known since the first screens released that they were taken on PC. Brian has placed plenty of absolutely amazingly detailed evidence, and yet more people continue to push it off as nothing.

Welp, I am done convincing others tha the PC game is nearly finished. Already got to laugh at those people before and I will continue to chuckle as more doubt the evidence. Please continue to do so, because it gives those of us who know what we see a good laugh.

EDIT:

Silver, just an FYI, Rockstar had created RAGE prior to GTA IV. Rockstar Table Tennis used RAGE.It was actually a pretty good game too lol.

They use a PC to make the games, mate... they obviously test if on the development kit, but it's only for testing purposes, not actually for doing the game... 

cara2100
  • cara2100

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

You mean this ?

50Hftwp.jpg

1277316_501819803240541_491125221_o.jpgbut says it must be connected to the internet but I'm here so much right

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

You mean this ?

50Hftwp.jpg

1277316_501819803240541_491125221_o.jpgbut says it must be connected to the internet but I'm here so much right

Different error encountered, that's pretty interesting. 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

More and more PC evidence in the files already suggests if not confirms a side by side development of the game. I'd expect an announcement extremely soon.

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

1 billion dollars in just 2 days. That's impressive.

This means ~500 million X360 and ~500 million PS3.

PC might not bring such big numbers, but it can bring atleast ~15 million $ (judging by how many players new games get on steam on release days (typically ~350.000 for AAA), so yeah, this doesn't include offline steam users who got the game and guys that got hard copies of the game.)

15 million (again, worst case scenario) is pretty ok business-wise if you ask me, unless rockstar are so rich that they look at millions like we look at penny's. 

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

2-3 million copies sold on PC on initial release is still around 100 million, they can expect this in the first few months

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:58 PM Edited by geisweiller, 19 September 2013 - 03:59 PM.

PC might not bring such big numbers, but it can bring atleast ~15 million $ (judging by how many players new games get on steam on release days (typically ~350.000 for AAA), so yeah, this doesn't include offline steam users who got the game and guys that got hard copies of the game.)

15 million (again, worst case scenario) is pretty ok business-wise if you ask me, unless rockstar are so rich that they look at millions like we look at penny's.

How much money GTA IV brought from PC version sales? Someone knows?

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by lh1, 19 September 2013 - 04:09 PM.

How much money GTA IV brought from PC version sales? Someone knows?

Not sure but according to CharmingCharlie, http://gtaforums.com...14&p=1059468016

QUOTE (Benjamin Feder - Chief Executive Officer @ Director of Take Two) We went ahead and hired Hubert Larenaudie, a Frenchman who comes to us from EA. He's done a terrific job extending our relationships in Asia, working our catalog, working our front line releases. GTA 4 for the PC in this particular quarter helped drive some of those revenues, but I think he built a terrific team out there and I expect great things out of Asia in the future.

So Kudos to our GTA gamers in Asia icon14.gif (which I imagine encompasses India too). The important thing though is the PC is having a POSITIVE effect on Take Two's financial results and that bodes well for the franchise on the PC. 

I think this means Asia contributed a huge part of GTA IV PC revenue ?

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

We'll with all the proof we've seen in the last pages, I'm pretty sure Rockstar Games will announce it in 1-2 weeks and release it on Late November.

The proof of PC version's existence doesn't confirm the release date in any way. It's been like this for 12 years, if you expect it to change you're setting yourself up for dissapointment. Sorry but I'd rather forget about the game then it will get announced when you least expect it.

Pst Rockstar titles were ported, PC version has a TON of evidence that it was developed side by side.

If you are reffering to those code lines found in the xbox 360, those are from when they made the game for the console, because concole games are made on pc.

You seriously need to STFU with your bullsh*t. You are just repeating stuff that you don´t understand from other people who have no idea what they are talking about. Don´t present your ridiculous crap as fact when you clearly have no idea what you´re talking about. You don´t set up a completely different config for PC just because you´re developing on it.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

You seriously need to STFU with your bullsh*t. You are just repeating stuff that you don´t understand from other people who have no idea what they are talking about. Don´t present your ridiculous crap as fact when you clearly have no idea what you´re talking about. You don´t set up a completely different config for PC just because you´re developing on it.

Absolutely right. So much bullsh*t elsewhere on this forum

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:40 PM Edited by Game512, 19 September 2013 - 04:40 PM.

Bullsh*t numbers.

kerya69
  • kerya69

Crackhead

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

GTA manual is made ​​specifically for the PS3 and Xbox. No trace of the PC version :( I checked the manual for the PC and iOS.
I think as soon as there will be references for the PC, it will be a very good sign for the PC players. I'll wait for update GTA Manual

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

GTA manual is made ​​specifically for the PS3 and Xbox. No trace of the PC version :( I checked the manual for the PC and iOS.
I think as soon as there will be references for the PC, it will be a very good sign for the PC players. I'll wait for update GTA Manual

Just look at the screenshots in the manual lol.

kerya69
  • kerya69

Crackhead

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

Just look at the screenshots in the manual lol.

and what does this mean?

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

It means the screenshots in the manual are not from a console version. The textures are slightly better, the filtering is better, the draw distance is further and the resolution is higher than consoles. To get a higher resolution they would need to stretch the image which would distort it.

Ruscris2
  • Ruscris2

Snow Storm

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

It means the screenshots in the manual are not from a console version. The textures are slightly better, the filtering is better, the draw distance is further and the resolution is higher than consoles. To get a higher resolution they would need to stretch the image which would distort it.

Upscaling.

kerya69
  • kerya69

Crackhead

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Omg. The fact that the GTA will be released on PC everyone knows lol.
I'm talking about the approximate date. When in the manual will be made to PC data, it will mean that there will soon be released PC version.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

Omg. The fact that the GTA will be released on PC everyone knows lol.
I'm talking about the approximate date. When in the manual will be made to PC data, it will mean that there will soon be released PC version.

If you are waiting for the manual to be updated you will miss Rockstar's official announcement. They won't release the PC controls and settings info until an announcement. Nothing in the manual for PC stuff other than obvious PC screens.

Iamthemankilledtrevor
  • Iamthemankilledtrevor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

HOW LONG TO KNOW SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS GTA V , I'LL BURN HEADQUARTERS OF ROCKSTAR . I DO IT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

FALLOUT 4 - NOV 10th, 2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

HOW LONG TO KNOW SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS GTA V , I'LL BURN HEADQUARTERS OF ROCKSTAR . I DO IT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chill out, Bin Laden, we're all waiting for an announcement, if you burn Rockstar's HQ there won't be anything

Game512
  • Game512

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

But still - f*cking Rockstar. f*cking f*ck. Motherf*cking f*cking f*ck

kerya69
  • kerya69

Crackhead

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

If you are waiting for the manual to be updated you will miss Rockstar's official announcement. They won't release the PC controls and settings info until an announcement. Nothing in the manual for PC stuff other than obvious PC screens.

They could release a PC control and configuration information before the announcement. Just make them inactive, just like in ifruit.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Lol^

I respect R* for making such a great game and all but it's way too frustrating for us PC gamers

to have to wait for a PC version. It's too hard, especially if we are talking about GTAV.

The waiting will kill us and it's just...kind of biting in our soul.

We actually can't stand all this waiting. We have been waitinf like 2 years for this game to be released,

finally released, we STIL HAVE to WAIT!

And don't tell us to buy a damn console! Buying a console just for one game is way too stupid and a waste.

You can't compare a controller to KB+M.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

Holy cow.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

They could release a PC control and configuration information before the announcement. Just make them inactive, just like in ifruit.

Lol they wouldn't do that. The only thing they released in the iFruit for PC is the interface for the app.

They won't update the manual for PC before announcing it. But hey, if you think the manual is the number one place to know when an announcement will come, keep us posted.

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

I am not sure what you mean but according to brian, Ash has found the PC frontend textures in GTA V 360 files.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:54 PM Edited by DymeDef, 19 September 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Lol^

I respect R* for making such a great game and all but it's way too frustrating for us PC gamers
to have to wait for a PC version. It's too hard, especially if we are talking about GTAV.
We actually can't stand all this waiting. We have been waitinf like 2 years for this game to be released,

And don't tell us to buy a damn console! Buying a console just for one game is way too stupid and a waste.

Stop acting like KB+M is the only way to play a game. Lol, driving is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better with a controller. Moving in general is much better with a controller. There are plenty of pros and cons for both. God damn, statements about controller vs KBnM superiority make PC gamers really look like jackasses. It's all preference, plain and simple. Now cut the sh*t about superior controller options, because that is hardly something you can prove. The ability of a PC to a console is something that can be proven. Not a subjective definition of what controller type is better lol.

You can't compare keyboard movement to joystick movement.

You can't compare keyboard driving to trigger and joystick driving.

You can't compare them because each has its own unique set of "skills".
  • Mega likes this

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

Lol^

Stop acting like KB+M is the only way to play a game. Lol, driving is 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times better with a controller. Moving in general is much better with a controller. There are plenty of pros and cons for both. God damn, statements about controller vs KBnM superiority make PC gamers really look like jackasses. It's all preference, plain and simple. Now cut the sh*t about superior controller options, because that is hardly something you can prove. The ability of a PC to a console is something that can be proven. Not a subjective definition of what controller type is better lol.

You can't compare keyboard movement to joystick movement.

You can't compare keyboard driving to trigger and joystick driving.

You can't compare them because each has its own unique set of "skills".

Therefore, I will be using a ps3-controller on my computer. It doesn't always have to be so complicated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users