Photo

PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:15 PM Edited by geisweiller, 19 September 2013 - 01:18 PM.

I think it would be hilarious if R* announced the PC version of GTA V for release on November 19, 2013 - the same day as the release of Watch Dogs.

This could be a possibility. Many people will buy Watch Dogs because they expect GTA V to release later on PC. That would be a really smart move from Rockstar :D

This would be a good way to answer Ubisoft's challenge... "2 months are enough to visit Los Santos." lol

Lemans
  • Lemans

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

If they ever plan to release GTA V PC before 2013 ends, the better hurry up with the announcement. After an announcement there's a lot of work to do, especially with logistic and distribution, printing, marketimg, advertising. You just not announce a game and sit on a chair until the release date, clap your hands and the product is delivered worldwide.

Rockstar Games is not Santa Claus.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

How about return policy for the console games that have been purchased as if you regret it, are those valid in terms of console games, I only play PC and basically only purchase games I know I want and mostly on Steam so I have no clue about consumer rights now adays on these matters :-)

I just imagine if so then it makes more sense to hold of a PC announcement couse some would return their console games, but then yet again I have no clue.

lol. That was their intent. They're making a lot of money from all the people who didn't have a console before V's release and also those who are on the fence about it and take the bait. They're not gonna announce PC version so fast yet, as the money is still coming in very well. I can't really explain it well but if you go back several pages, there's a couple of posts about R*'s possible marketing strategy and how they try to maximize profits, which is their main goal as a business.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:22 PM Edited by ViciousLuke, 19 September 2013 - 01:24 PM.

I think it would be hilarious if R* announced the PC version of GTA V for release on November 19, 2013 - the same day as the release of Watch Dogs.

This could be a possibility. Many people will buy Watch Dogs because they expect GTA V to release later on PC. That would be a really smart move from Rockstar :D

This would be a good way to answer Ubisoft's challenge... "2 months are enough to visit Los Santos." lol

Imagine: Rockstar releases a poster which is a reply to Ubisoft's Watch Dogs poster - "Not yet, Watch Dogs, not yet..." :D And at the bottom of it - Coming soon to PC :D hehe

Anyway - http://news.cnet.com...o-pc/?ttag=fbwp

• tadejpetric likes this

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Imagine: Rockstar releases a poster which is a reply to Ubisoft's Watch Dogs poster - "Not yet, Watch Dogs, not yet..." :D And at the bottom of it - Coming soon to PC :D hehe

This would be really awesome :D I would pay for that poster. 

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2IZmbm6qr8w

Damn, that voice. At the end of the trailer, when the guy says "Coming soon to PC". Shiver all over the body :D

• geisweiller likes this

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=2IZmbm6qr8w

Damn, that voice. At the end of the trailer, when the guy says "Coming soon to PC". Shiver all over the body :D

Ohh those were the times of long wait and frustration, don't really wanna remember it cuz PC version was dissapointing, it took a few patched to run the game properly on my crappy PC.

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Aren't console games made on pc? I'm asking this, because if the answer is "yes", then those code lines we found in the console version might be from when they were still making the game so this does not mean that the pc version is in the works/completed.

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:54 PM Edited by geisweiller, 19 September 2013 - 07:59 PM.

How about return policy for the console games that have been purchased as if you regret it, are those valid in terms of console games, I only play PC and basically only purchase games I know I want and mostly on Steam so I have no clue about consumer rights now adays on these matters :-)

I just imagine if so then it makes more sense to hold of a PC announcement couse some would return their console games, but then yet again I have no clue.

lol. That was their intent. They're making a lot of money from all the people who didn't have a console before V's release and also those who are on the fence about it and take the bait. They're not gonna announce PC version so fast yet, as the money is still coming in very well. I can't really explain it well but if you go back several pages, there's a couple of posts about R*'s possible marketing strategy and how they try to maximize profits, which is their main goal as a business.

They're maximizing profits, but they said they would reduce the gap between the PC and consoles releases. As much as they want to profit, they can't let PC gamers down. The frustration of PC community is bad for business (I guess so). Dan Houser also said that game development is not about how much money they make. They already exceeded the expectations! Almost 1 billion dollars in one day, without releasing it in Brazil and Japan!

Ps: I don't expect they to make "so much" money on consoles here in Brazil. There are much more piracy around the consoles than the PC in here. Just for you guys to have an idea: brand new PS3 or Xbox (cheapest one) is around 450 to 500$ (current price) and the launching games, like GTA, are around 80-100$. We have too many taxes in here...

I can buy games on steam without the taxes, this is much more gainful.

• brian. likes this

trung87
  • trung87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

perhaps the more appropiate phrase is: it's too soon to go to chicago. why not stay in los santos instead? pre order pc version now

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

We'll with all the proof we've seen in the last pages, I'm pretty sure Rockstar Games will announce it in 1-2 weeks and release it on Late November.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTA V/Online Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:14 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 19 September 2013 - 02:14 PM.

At least RAM is cheap nowdays

It is not as cheap as it used to be. RAM is approximately twice as expensive nowadays than in early to middle of 2011. If gaming is the priority, then having more than 8GB of RAM is just a waste of money.

• Nekro15 likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

At least RAM is cheap nowdays

It is not as cheap as it used to be. RAM is approximately twice as expensive nowadays than in early to middle of 2011. If gaming is the priority, then having more than 8GB of RAM is just a waste of money.

BF4's high recommended system req is 8GB. It's a matter of short time 8GB is going to be standard for newer games.

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

I've read on other forums(some foreign ones) that those lines of coding found in the xbox 360 version that have the word "pc" in them are from when they made the game for console, because they make console games on pc so that's why it says "pc" there...

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by DizzeeXL, 19 September 2013 - 02:29 PM.

We'll with all the proof we've seen in the last pages, I'm pretty sure Rockstar Games will announce it in 1-2 weeks and release it on Late November.

The proof of PC version's existence doesn't confirm the release date in any way. It's been like this for 12 years, if you expect it to change you're setting yourself up for dissapointment. Sorry but I'd rather forget about the game then it will get announced when you least expect it.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

The proof of PC version's existence doesn't confirm the release date in any way. It's been like this for 12 years, if you expect it to change you're setting yourself up for dissapointment. Sorry but I'd rather forget about the game then it will get announced when you least expect it.

Pst Rockstar titles were ported, PC version has a TON of evidence that it was developed side by side.

• PlasmaFLOW likes this

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Pst Rockstar titles were ported, PC version has a TON of evidence that it was developed side by side.

If you are reffering to those code lines found in the xbox 360, those are from when they made the game for the console, because concole games are made on pc.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:42 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 19 September 2013 - 02:44 PM.

First of, those PC lines aren't from PC development, those are PC configurations, settings for the use of resources for a specific platform. As you can see there are 3 platform configurations, XBOX360 is one, PS3 is another and PC is another. So based on this is now more then clear that they've done exactly the same thing as in Max Payne 3, 3 platforms development at the same time as expected for the best result. Like I said back in 2012, Max Payne 3 was the prototype for RAGE optimization to be used on PC to also be used in the Next gen versions port.

Also mind you that GTA IV had a $100 million budget, for a development of 3 and half years, but that also included the creation of the new game engine RAGE. This time GTA V has more then the double of the costs and already had the game engine, that also includes the marketing investment but even with that its too much money for 2 platform game. That money was spent for the work in more platforms more demanding resources for sure.

I'll give it a couple more weeks till the sales stop and then they'll talk about PC. Like I said a few times Rockstar won't cross their arms letting Ubisoft take over Christmas, it would be a bad move, specially because and like SRIV people will get the game because there is no GTA V. Since the beginning the only logic I've seen was releasing for consoles in September and then for PC and as a Next Gen title to increase the Christmas sales. And thats how I believe it will be. Unless they are still planning to drop some DLC's for consoles... that way it can change everything. But based on Rockstar words about the PC platform and what they've done with Max Payne 3, the mentality is different now.

• brian., PlasmaFLOW and geisweiller like this

PlasmaFLOW
  • PlasmaFLOW

Oracle

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Past GTA's were PORTED AFTER the game was finished. All proof here indicates the game was developed, as S1LV3R-W0LF said, side by side on PC, 360, PS3, and maybe even PS4(Orbis)

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by DymeDef, 19 September 2013 - 02:49 PM.

If you are reffering to those code lines found in the xbox 360, those are from when they made the game for the console, because concole games are made on pc.

Nope, you are wrong. 

Xbox games are developed on a Developers Kit Xbox 360, a normal 360 with 2GB extra RAM for development purposes.

PS3 is the same way.

There are a sh*t ton of setting files, and all other types of files that can ONLY be used by a PC. Settings within the files that can ONLY be used by a machine capable of DX11 (AKA not the consoles). Even IF (Thats a big if too.....) they developed it on PC for consoles, they wouldn't include PC specific files if they weren't working on it.

But hey, I don't give a damn. I have known since the first screens released that they were taken on PC. Brian has placed plenty of absolutely amazingly detailed evidence, and yet more people continue to push it off as nothing.

Welp, I am done convincing others tha the PC game is nearly finished. Already got to laugh at those people before and I will continue to chuckle as more doubt the evidence. Please continue to do so, because it gives those of us who know what we see a good laugh.

EDIT:

Silver, just an FYI, Rockstar had created RAGE prior to GTA IV. Rockstar Table Tennis used RAGE.It was actually a pretty good game too lol.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by DizzeeXL, 19 September 2013 - 02:54 PM.

I'll give it a couple more weeks till the sales stop and then they'll talk about PC. Like I said a few times Rockstar won't cross their arms letting Ubisoft take over Christmas, it would be a bad move, specially because and like SRIV people will get the game because there is no GTA V. Since the beginning the only logic I've seen was releasing for consoles in September and then for PC and as a Next Gen title to increase the Christmas sales. And thats how I believe it will be. Unless they are still planning to drop some DLC's for consoles... that way it can change everything. But based on Rockstar words about the PC platform and what they've done with Max Payne 3, the mentality is different now.

I hope you're right brother but as I said I would still rather just forget about the game. GTA Online is coming, they've got too much stuff on their hands and I bet PC version is their last priority regarding the game.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:53 PM Edited by ViciousLuke, 19 September 2013 - 02:57 PM.

And as Rockstar said - they are closing the gap of their games release dates between consoles and PC platforms. So it's a logical thing to release it this year :| Also I really hope that Silver Wolf is right. Crossed fingers.

GTA Online is coming, gonna watch GTA Online gameplay, at least I won't spoil anything :D And online should be funnier that single player.

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:55 PM Edited by tadejpetric, 19 September 2013 - 03:08 PM.

Lol or "chickago is not worth a wisit; rather stay in Los santos.

Now on PC"

Just found out that someone before said something similar...

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:55 PM

the social club now entered my login but ta offline, at least Max Payne 3 PC, which will put the crews in GTAV. You guys are not finding it strange

michalkacer
  • michalkacer

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

And as Rockstar said - they are closing the gap of their games release dates between consoles and PC platforms. So it's a logical thing to release it this year :| Also I really hope that Silver Wolf is right. Crossed fingers.

GTA Online is coming, gonna watch GTA Online gameplay, at least I won't spoil anything :D And online should be funnier that single player.

Did they actually say they would be closing the gap? 

SNIT01
  • SNIT01

MR

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:01 PM Edited by SNIT01, 19 September 2013 - 03:05 PM.

For the record:

Although games are developed on PC they are tested on a given platforms 'dev machine' which has special extras, therefore there is no need for PC refs in the game files UNLESS it is being developed for that platform also. Even if they did (some how) test on PC they would use an emulator which once again would remove the need for PC refs unless it was also being developed for it.

edit: I would also like to make note that some of the PC files from Max Payne (which made along side other PFs) could technically be used in GTA V which make PC development significantly easier, especially if you want to do it along side another PF.

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

the social club now entered my login but ta offline, at least Max Payne 3 PC, which will put the crews in GTAV. You guys are not finding it strange

Felipson, acho que eles tão atualizando o RSC e também tão recebendo muita informação dos consoles..Por isso o RSC está com tantos problemas.

Felipson, I think they're updating the RSC and also they're are receveing a lot of information from consoles...That's why RSC is having so much issues.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Felipson, acho que eles tão atualizando o RSC e também tão recebendo muita informação dos consoles..Por isso o RSC está com tantos problemas.

Felipson, I think they're updating the RSC and also they're are receveing a lot of information from consoles...That's why RSC is having so much issues.

Likely, with how many millions of people trying to connect. This is what happened with Diablo 3 at launch, there was just too much interest in the game lol.

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

They claimed that already closed it:

http://gtaforums.com...console-and-pc/

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:07 PM Edited by DizzeeXL, 19 September 2013 - 03:09 PM.

They claimed that already closed it:

http://gtaforums.com...console-and-pc/

Thanks for providing a source. We can only hope they keep their promise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users