PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
dodgeviper17
  • dodgeviper17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

well let's see on oct 10 for announcement. if there is announcement for pc okay, but if not okay, life goes on for me. 

• Big Danny K likes this

SNIT01
  • SNIT01

MR

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

Let's not get our hopes up; gta 4 was announced for pc 3 months after the console release and appeared on pc 7 months after the console release so I don't think will be getting anything until december...

And that's where the analysis has turned to, the question seems to be 'When?' rather than 'Will there be?'.

Personally I don't buy into that whole tradition thing (always 3 month after console etc.), rather I go off technical aspects, and thus I'm hoping for a announcement and release with in the next 3-4 months however I'm going to get my hopes up rather I sit and make judgement calls based on my programming and business experience. 

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

Let's not get our hopes up; gta 4 was announced for pc 3 months after the console release and appeared on pc 7 months after the console release so I don't think will be getting anything until december...

Yes, but GTA IV PC version was ported AFTER the game itself was made. Now, GTA V was made at the same time as the console version. It's most likely done, but they're not releasing it yet..

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V PC - APR 14, 2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

I agree

I don't see a reason for it to change

dodgeviper17
  • dodgeviper17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:26 AM Edited by dodgeviper17, 19 September 2013 - 10:30 AM.

Yes, but GTA IV PC version was ported AFTER the game itself was made. Now, GTA V was made at the same time as the console version. It's most likely done, but they're not releasing it yet..

Dodgeviper17 : hmm maybe just maybe the pc is going through a optimization process and finalizing so it can run on most pc? 

i did that just so it will not be confuse with the one i'm quoting. new to the forums so i apologize.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Dodgeviper17 : hmm maybe just maybe the pc is going through a optimization process and finalizing so it can run on most pc? 

i did that just so it will not be confuse with the one i'm quoting. new to the forums so i apologize.

May be, but then R* would've announced it earlier. This is obviosly a strategy to earn max.

Tooth
  • Tooth

Do we know each other?

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:42 AM Edited by Tooth, 19 September 2013 - 10:50 AM.

The greatest way to sell over 13 000 000 copies on old consoles is not to say about PC and next gen version at all.

We should give them some time and we'll get what we want, And because of the success, I expect them to announce it quick.

@Eeeedited! 13 milions copies ofc.

dodgeviper17
  • dodgeviper17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

@BananLaks

that is the most logical thing that make sense to me as they are a business.

jimmycakes
  • jimmycakes

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

I agree

You "don't see a reason" even though the post above you clearly points out that differences in development.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

The greatest way to sell over 800 000 000 copies on old consoles is not to say about PC and next gen version at all.

We should give them some time and we'll get what we want, And because of the success, I expect them to announce it quick.

They didn't sell 800 000 000 copies, they made 800 millions dollars.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

This time this could be the same situation like with Bully. They released it only after a month (thanks to Ih1, he found that) just after an annoucement. Now even more clues shows that GTA V for PC is already made. Why would Rockstar wait 6 months to release it? I think we will get an announcement, just like Ih1 said, before October 10th.

dodgeviper17
  • dodgeviper17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

@viciousluke

with the way it was develop and the experience of R* in RAGE engine in max payne 3 although it's not the same game but it's still an experience.  and all the clues pointing to a PC version, i will not be surprise if it comes out just like the case on the bully. 

it makes sense to me :)

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:09 AM Edited by alexbowwow, 19 September 2013 - 11:09 AM.

We should make a poll: who thinks the game will be announced in october and who thinks it'll be announced in december. I'm going with december.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

We should make a poll: who thinks the game will be announced in october and who thinks it'll be announced in december. I'm going with december.

And what that poll will change? Nothing. Just a waste of time.

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

Your missing the point. The goal of every game producing company is to earn first by whatever means, then satisfy customers. So I think it's a strategy to make most profits by releasing GTA V for PC with the new gen consoles....

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:51 AM Edited by geisweiller, 19 September 2013 - 12:03 PM.

http://www.gameseek....o-5-GTA-V-#desc Other retailer pre-ordering it.

Game seeker UK says GTA V for PC will be out in 63 days on 22/11/2013.

"Grand Theft Auto V Retail Sales Exceed $800 Million Worldwide During First Day of Launch

Take-Two Interactive Software today announced that Grand Theft Auto V delivered the highest first day retail sales of any title in the history of the Company and the Grand Theft Auto series. The title has already received widespread critical acclaim and achieved first day sell-through of more than $800 million worldwide, excluding the upcoming launch in Japan and Brazil, according to Company estimates."

Brazil is launching it today. They definitely are waiting to get more profit. Like I said before, I believe that the announcement will come between 1st October and 15th October.

This waiting is so damn bad. :(

dodgeviper17
  • dodgeviper17

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

i been itching to play GTA V but buying console just to play 1 game is not an option.

@geisweller

yeah man it's bad :(

• SNIT01 likes this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

Oh man, how I wish that gameseeker date is true :(

Archangelsky
  • Archangelsky

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:06 PM Edited by Archangelsky, 19 September 2013 - 12:06 PM.

How about return policy for the console games that have been purchased as if you regret it, are those valid in terms of console games, I only play PC and basically only purchase games I know I want and mostly on Steam so I have no clue about consumer rights now adays on these matters :-)

I just imagine if so then it makes more sense to hold of a PC announcement couse some would return their console games, but then yet again I have no clue.

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Like I said before, I believe that the announcement will come between 1st October and 15th October.

I hope you are wright, but something tells me it ain't gonna happen this early.

Big Danny K
  • Big Danny K

GTA V PC - APR 14, 2015

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:32 PM

I agree

You "don't see a reason" even though the post above you clearly points out that differences in development.

Maybe the PC version's development is done, maybe it's close to completion, but R* can do whatever they want! They can announce it next week and release it next month, or they can announce it in January and release it in May, it's their decision

I don't know, I see the evidence, I want to believe that the PC version is coming very soon but I'm still skeptical because of past experience

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

The fact that there are a ton of references to the PC version in the files of the console version clearly means that it has been in development for quite some time. That is a good thing, because not only does it mean that the game is more than likely not a port, but it makes an earlier release very possible. 2013 is still a possibility, and I hope we will see an announcement in early October.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Let me ask, a few days back Ash said that he found PC buttons in the game textures. He posted pictures?

AirWolf856
  • AirWolf856

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

I think it would be hilarious if R* announced the PC version of GTA V for release on November 19, 2013 - the same day as the release of Watch Dogs.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

I think it would be hilarious if R* announced the PC version of GTA V for release on November 19, 2013 - the same day as the release of Watch Dogs.

This could be a possibility. Many people will buy Watch Dogs because they expect GTA V to release later on PC. That would be a really smart move from Rockstar :D

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

This could be a possibility. Many people will buy Watch Dogs because they expect GTA V to release later on PC. That would be a really smart move from Rockstar :D

Or the day before, so people are busy playing when Watch Dogs is out.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

LOL, every PC gamer will cancel Watch Dog and every PC gamer will forget what the f*ck Watch Dogs is haha.

Btw, do you think GTAV is optimized for x64 OS? It is no secret anymore almost everyone have more than 4GB RAM.

Actually 8 and 16GB are common for PC gamers. When I'll build a new PC, I'll make sure I get 16GB RAM.

Even the recommenden system requirement of BF4 is 8GB!

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Jesus, I tested the Blista handling on GTA IV. Feels like Rock N' Roll Racing. No wonder people are complaining.

chr0ne
  • chr0ne

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:10 PM

LOL, every PC gamer will cancel Watch Dog and every PC gamer will forget what the f*ck Watch Dogs is haha.

Btw, do you think GTAV is optimized for x64 OS? It is no secret anymore almost everyone have more than 4GB RAM.

Actually 8 and 16GB are common for PC gamers. When I'll build a new PC, I'll make sure I get 16GB RAM.

Even the recommenden system requirement of BF4 is 8GB!

At least RAM is cheap nowdays

lh1
  • lh1

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

Let me ask, a few days back Ash said that he found PC buttons in the game textures. He posted pictures?

Well, no he didn't post any pictures. Although I think if you have a 360 version of GTA V, you can actually open the file by yourself. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users