PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:14 PM Edited by tadejpetric, 18 September 2013 - 04:14 PM.

First in-game PC shots?

Look how big they are. Look how clear they are. Taken from the PC install of the Manual. Dem f*ckin shadows. 

PC install of the manual? What's that?

You can load GTA V manual to PC Its got a map and basic features of a game)

yay 200 pages!

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that PC version is unannounced. The best thing we can do is wait.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Where did you find this ?

Dankov
  • Dankov

Mad@R*

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hey guys, I just joined this forum, but I've been reading all 199 pages since Monday. I have to say I really like the discussion you are having here and I also want to participate. 

I'm also waiting for the announcement for the PC release. I can't help myself any longer NOT to watch any gameplay or spoilers. I don't have any consoles and I don't think I'll be buying one anytime soon, so I'll just have to wait like everyone for the possible release date. 

I'll keep following the thread and continue searching any info on the announcement or the release date.

• brian. and geisweiller like this

coolmaster958
  • coolmaster958

The silence is over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that PC version is unannounced. The best thing we can do is wait.

I'm not against waiting but it seems that's the only thing we PC gamers usually do. We don't play games, we are in an infinite wait for them.  :cry:

• geisweiller likes this

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Why would they use the highest settings on images for the xbox and PS3 manuals? The draw distance is obviously better, the resolution is HIGHER than a console can use, and the textures are still better than the consoles AND the lack of aliasing.

Yes they're from consoles lol.

Realdeal, lol yeah I obviously know nothing and you are obviously the most knowledgeable source in this thread.

Game512
  • Game512

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

http://www.psu.com/a...4-says-Rockstar

And still no word on PC.

This is a very good news. They said no PS4, they could say the same to PC. They didn't.

Because no one asked them about PC.

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

I love PC gamers, but brian. has gone in denial. He's in denial. Everything he sees he thinks it's PC. He needs some mental care.

I hope it comes to PC, because, I want better communication, and better visuals.

• Ruscris2 likes this

Game512
  • Game512

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:31 PM Edited by Game512, 18 September 2013 - 04:36 PM.

And still no word on PC

---

GTA 5 is coming at the end of the console cycle. Does the advance of technology interest you? Do you think, 'Oh wow, what will GTA 6 look like on a PS4?'

Of course we're interested. But no, not in terms of GTA, because we're always working on the current game. We look at the tech at a more practical level: what will be ready for which game that we're working on further down the line. We don't have another GTA in development, we don't work on three of these games at a time. That would be phenomenally depressing. So, in terms of GTA, no. We get pitched by the hardware manufacturers on what they're planning to do and our tech guys come up with ideas on how that could be used. Does this influence design decisions? Of course. But we're not sat there fantasising about 10 years down the line. We're so busy with what we're doing right now.

----

So he actually did not say that GTA V will not be released on PS4 or that they have no plans to do so.

He actually said that so far they didn't consider PS4 as one of the main platform for their game. They didn't develop games specifically for this platform.

He said  that they concentrated on the development of GTA for old generation of consoles. But it doesn't mean that they can't port GTA V for next-gen with a bit better graphics.

GTA V was developed specifically for old generation of consoles and it will not be the real next-gen game. That was the point of his answer

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by CarLuver69, 18 September 2013 - 04:35 PM.

This wait for the PC version is suspensful, honestly. I could walk out the door right now, drive down to Gamestop, and pick up a fresh copy of GTA V for my Xbox 360. But then that would be a waste of $60 because I have a pretty tightly-packed 20GB hard drive and surely I don't have any big enough flash drives laying around (my disc drive is on the fritz and loud as f*ck).

Oh well, it'll be worth the wait! Can't wait to play it on my ASUS G73 :D

alexbowwow
  • alexbowwow

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

I thought the game will be launched on ps4, because I saw those lines of coding saying "orbis"; can this be a hint that the same thing will happen to the pc, because "pc" was mentioned in those lines of coding?

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Rockstar said if there will be a market or potential interesent in GTA V on the PC, they will release it. I think there are enough proves now, that there actually IS a VERY BIG Market and Interest in a PC Version of GTA V.

Can you post source? I only remember same sentence when they talk about RDR on PC. I could be wrong thou.

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

-snip-

Uhhhh...Sh*t just got serious!

I really think that the GTA V needs to be released later this year or a lot of the PC gamers will get the Watch Dogs and rockstar will lose fans

I doubt that it would be released by the end this year. By one hand too much competence and by other hand, it would be another chance to continue selling GTA V for consoles because of the Christmas...

Personally, I've learned from my mistakes and I don't trust anymore Ubisoft "hyped" games. Not anymore, after AC milkin and ACIII letdown.

AC4 will be good.

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:44 PM Edited by geisweiller, 18 September 2013 - 04:44 PM.

And still no word on PC.

I don't believe R* planned GTA V just for current consoles. I mean, they've been dreaming about GTA online since 2001 and they will put it just available for dying consoles? with 16 players for match? This is will be awful and limited.

If R* wants GTA online to be a great MMO they'll have to launch it to PC and next gen consoles. And probably they want. Just my opinion.

• Big Danny K likes this

GTA-Fanboy
  • GTA-Fanboy

...!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

guys i found something

install GTAV Manual

and go to this path C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V - The Manual\www\assets\img\welcome

just compare "economy.jpg" with "economy.png"

what you think ?

• Mega likes this

Fr0zT uP
  • Fr0zT uP

GTA 4 Life

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:45 PM Edited by Fr0zT uP, 18 September 2013 - 04:48 PM.

Edit: Never mind

chickenkiller
  • chickenkiller

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

beta test for xbox one? i'll be a guinea pig just gimme gta v for pc now. brother in law just got it for 360 going to see how "well" It plays......the little engine that could. poor 360 poor poor 360.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:48 PM

It's just the icons from the SocialClub to show what you've got...

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

Rockstar said if there will be a market or potential interesent in GTA V on the PC, they will release it. I think there are enough proves now, that there actually IS a VERY BIG Market and Interest in a PC Version of GTA V.

Can you post source? I only remember same sentence when they talk about RDR on PC. I could be wrong thou.

They replyed to me like that when I mouthoffed them about V on PC once. Ill try to search it out.

BananLaks
  • BananLaks

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hmm okay. Just the shaped seemed to be like the one in steam :p

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

here you go

"Hey Tadej,

Thank you for your email. Firstly, we don’t have any details to share regarding the possibility of GTAV coming to PC as we are currently focused on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions coming on September 17th.

On the wider topic of our other games on the PC platform, all we can say is whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC, we usually have done so. Yes, there have been some occasions where we’ve released them later than the console versions, but we’ve always strived to make our PC titles run well on a wide range of specs, including the most powerful rigs. Max Payne 3 - our most recent PC release – is a testament to that (we’re glad to hear you enjoyed it).

Cheers,

Rockstar Games"

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by lh1, 18 September 2013 - 04:57 PM.

here you go

"Hey Tadej,

Thank you for your email. Firstly, we don’t have any details to share regarding the possibility of GTAV coming to PC as we are currently focused on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions coming on September 17th.

On the wider topic of our other games on the PC platform, all we can say is whenever it is viable (technically, developmentally and business-wise) for us to release a game for PC, we usually have done so. Yes, there have been some occasions where we’ve released them later than the console versions, but we’ve always strived to make our PC titles run well on a wide range of specs, including the most powerful rigs. Max Payne 3 - our most recent PC release – is a testament to that (we’re glad to hear you enjoyed it).

Cheers,

Rockstar Games"

Is it possible for you to take a a screenshot of this, I presume this has been a while?

You should also try to mouthoff them again now that the console versions are released. 

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

What if a Rockstar employee is checking this topic and while doing this he has a other monitor where he's playing GTA V on PC on, and laughs histerically.

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:56 PM Edited by geisweiller, 18 September 2013 - 05:00 PM.

here you go

"Hey Tadej,

Cheers,

Rockstar Games"

If you send an email with the word PC , they automatically answer "we are currently focused on the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions coming on September 17th." lol

tadejpetric
  • tadejpetric

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

heres what I said to them: 

Message: Hello! Please read whole post and than reply for me to know that you read (with solution if possible) :) I just wanted to ask why you guys never give info on PC versions and why they always get delay after console ones. I say that that is one of the reasons (toogether with bad porting (only IV comes to my mind but still great game)(MP3 console- PC was great btw)) for bad sales. But anyway I want confirmation and system reqs so I can prepare for my GTA V happy hours. I know I probably wont get answer or it would be: "we cannot give any info about other versions" (not ment this in any abusive abusive way :) ) I just wanted to ask why not? And I doubt you guys signed something with sony/xbox. So why not saying anything to make us happy. If you guys do that it will made my year. Of course only if the game comes out this year (my bday is on 30th of september so that would be great date but I doubt it). To my favourite game developer; Rockstar.

and once again their reply 

Hey Tadej,

Cheers,

Rockstar Games

I mouthoffed from their site but you can do it from mail too by sending mail to [email protected] .

It usually takes them 3 days to reply/if they reply.

PS I dont know why Im using that funny font :D

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

Well first of all, as a PC player for 16 years and passing for every evolution in the technology my honest opinion is that those graphics are better then the current released version on consoles, it is achievable with DX9 doesn't look like it'0s using any DX11 features, but the resolution in everything is a lot higher, the car itself have straight lines without jaggies and the numbers on the top right with the money seem to be from a higher resolution then 720p. The most obvious for me is the one with Trevor, thats too detailed for a 720p screen specially if it was upscaled. When you upscale a small picture it gets a lot worst, but not those ones. Also by looking to the first picture of Michael it reminded me a lot of Max Payne 3. They don't look extreme graphics, but they are definitely using higher assets then the current released versions, the same way some of the screenshots they released seem to be photoshopped, the problem with that is some of them can't be achieved with Photoshop.

What I think is that in some of those shots or even these ones, they didn't use the version straight from the console (or at least not these consoles)  and switched around with settings, using high details in one thing, medium in another and so on.

I'm zooming this picture and I don't see the typical jaggies we see in consoles, the lines are too straight for a game without AA. Also mind you that if the game has AA need to be at least DX10, one of the things Rockstar Toronto said here was that GTA IV couldn't have AA because was DX9.

An upscaled screen would look worst, but it isn't at all and also why would Rockstar enlarge a screen to a higher resolution then the game itself?

Here's a chalenge, grab you game and take pictures identical to those, the one of Franklin seems to be a mission that we've seen in one of the videos, and shouldn't be hard to take a screen with trevor in that car at that location. Do it, prove us wrong.

As for those news saying Rockstar claimed there is no GTA V for PS4 or any plans for it, not only was misinterpreted but also it is an old article, a lot happened since.

• Spider-Vice, Mega and brian. like this

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

It's definitely coming for PC later this year.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

It's definitely coming for PC later this year.

Bill Gates has spoken.

• geisweiller likes this

KamisLT
  • KamisLT

The free one

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Oh it would be excellent if it arrives this years, cause it wouldn't help to prepare for exams in 2014 :) Really looking forward if everything you guys found will be in fact true.

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

who has max payne 3 PC look for the difference in the input social club, it seems they are preparing the social club for GTAV

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users