• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

La Noire did and so did Max Payne 3.

GamerToons
  • GamerToons

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:10 PM

What a bunch of whiners. They haven't announced an official day for consoles, just like they did with Max Payne 3.

Settle down guys.

I'm buying mine for PS3 than PC later on steam cause that's how I roll.

Jakee.
  • Jakee.

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:11 PM Edited by Jakee., 30 October 2012 - 07:13 PM.

And to your left, PC players throwing their dummy out of the pram!

What do you expect? the figures for IV prove that consoles outsell the PC Platform.

Search Grand Theft Auto into the piratebay, you will then get even more of an understanding into this decision

EDIT: I do think Rockstar will release a PC Version later on, will probably be a sh*tty port but hey.

I feel the reason Red Dead Redemption didn't get a PC release was purely because it was a New IP, it would have been too risky for the PC.

truespur
  • truespur

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Jakee. @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:11)
And to your left, PC players throwing their dummy out of the pram!

What do you expect? the figures for IV prove that consoles outsell the PC Platform.

Search Grand Theft Auto into the piratebay, you will then get even more of an understanding into this decision

EDIT: I do think Rockstar will release a PC Version later on, will probably be a sh*tty port but hey.

I feel the reason Red Dead Redemption didn't get a PC release was purely because it was a New IP, it would have been too risky for the PC.

they cant understand this lol. the consoles is where they will make their money

wildstyle91
  • wildstyle91

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

Suppose I will have to root the old xbox out of the attic which has only been used a couple of times when GTA4 came out. Shame we've got to resort to such a backward piece of hardware to play the latest GTA, was looking forward to enjoying it on my PC. confused.gif

Hydro_PlayboyX
  • Hydro_PlayboyX

#TeamFranklin

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

i'm still hoping that they will release it close to console version during the summer

enjoithepain
  • enjoithepain

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

Wow, I'm lucky I'm a console player. It doesn't sound too promising for even a couple week delay for a PC version. Anyways I wish the PC community the best
  • Omar Comin likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE (Jakee. @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:11)

Red Dead Redemption wasn't developed for PC because of the very high development costs and because it was developed by Rockstar San Diego. If I'm not mistaken then Rockstar San Diego don't make PC versions of their games.

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:35 PM Edited by livilaNic, 02 November 2012 - 06:01 PM.

I love how just about everyone thinks that it's solely PC gamers pirating games. Did you ever stop and think that maybe it's the console gamers (as well as PC some gamers) pirating since they might actually think, for some strange reason, that they already bought the game for their console of choice. And just didn't want to buy what essentially is another copy for their PC?

Who? The f*ck? Knows?

I just wish this sh*t would end and companies would just treat gamers as gamers. On all platforms. If the release isn't ready for a platform? Just don't release any at all until all platforms are ready for release...Meh.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

f*ck you, Rockstar.

No seriously, f*ck you.
It is so hard not to announce the PC along with the consoles at the beginning? It is so goddamn hard not to developing an optimized version like with Max Payne 3?

There is still a bit of hope that it still will be not a port and therefore like MP3 and that it also will be released just a few weeks later. But without the mention of PC announcement I somewhat doubt it.
Seriously, they lost their mind.
  • Albert Kike likes this

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (NudasPriest @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:43)
QUOTE (typicalusername @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:41)
QUOTE (Beez @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:30)
I suppose R* does this on purpose. They know how rabid GTA fans are and they know they can't wait to get their hands on the game. They know PC gamers who also have an Xbox or PS3 will but the console version then the PC version when it comes out. Selling it twice = $$$

no pc gamers will just pirate the game for pc if they need too, theres no point in buying the game again just for prettier graphics

The point for me would be multiplayer. If you know people who have a good enough computer.

I would buy it again, I would only use PC for mods and Multiplayer though. icon14.gif
I am pretty sure I am not the only one who plans on doing this. icon14.gif

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:44)
f*ck you, Rockstar.

No seriously, f*ck you.
It is so hard not to announce the PC along with the consoles at the beginning? It is so goddamn hard not to developing an optimized version like with Max Payne 3?

There is still a bit of hope that it still will be not a port and therefore like MP3 and that it also will be released just a few weeks later. But without the mention of PC announcement I somewhat doubt it.
Seriously, they lost their mind.

They did this with most of GTA games: GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA V. But I hope they will spend their time not only promoting GTA V PC version but optimising it too...

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

I guess Cockstar earned it's name...
  • Albert Kike likes this

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Interesting that they say "a PC version" as opposed to "the PC version." They're clearly reluctant to confirm whether a PC version is even in development.

Johnny-K
  • Johnny-K

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

The idea that a pc version might not be released makes me uncomfortable. I am not sure if I am going to buy a a console just to play one game, I have to think about that if I see that there is no hope of it getting out.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (Johnny-K @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:52)
The idea that a pc version might not be released makes me uncomfortable. I am not sure if I am going to buy a a console just to play one game, I have to think about that if I see that there is no hope of it getting out.

Same thing goes with every GTA game... GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA IV... And Rockstar realeased PC versions of those game after 5-6months consoles release, that's how it works smile.gif No doubt we will get PC version of GTA V, no doubt. Question is - when? Maybe 2 weeks, maybe 1 month, maybe 2 months... Who knows... We will see.

Kris194
  • Kris194

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (deli2000 @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 21:07)
La Noire did and so did Max Payne 3.

You're right, they did it with L.A Noire and it was sh*tty console port.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:58 PM

I'm sensing a console only game..

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

No way i'm buying a console...first of all, i just bought a new laptop that has enough power to play gta4 on max settings. Secondly, why would i want a sh*tty console thats weaker when i have this laptop? Thirdly, i don't have a great enough TV even to hook a console behind it...a really old small piece of cinescope sh*t in my room and a slightly bigger version in my living room. I'm not gonna buy a TV plus a console, plus a really expensive console version of this game. And i don't like playing with console remotes. That only leaves PC, and if those cocksters there think i will be happy without a PC version, they have made a big mistake.

I mean WTF is there to be all secret about a PC version??? Just tell us if it comes or not. We know it will run on PS3 and XBOX 360, not their newer coming models...why not tell us if they will make a PC version? I absolutely hate this kind of behaviour and refuse to like gtas and rockstar games and other games they make now if this turns out to be true.
  • Preet_GTA likes this

aldisdzerve
  • aldisdzerve

PetrolHead

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Beez @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 18:30)
I suppose R* does this on purpose. They know how rabid GTA fans are and they know they can't wait to get their hands on the game. They know PC gamers who also have an Xbox or PS3 will but the console version then the PC version when it comes out. Selling it twice = $$$

I agree!!!
Im getting it for PS3 on release day and after that i will buy it for PC later too (when its released on PC - 6months later).

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 20:58)
I'm sensing a console only game..

Get this nonsense outta of here.. there definitely will be a PC version. It can't be worse, you know. No, really.

It's just the question when the f*ck it will be released.. several months later or only a few weeks.
Also if this will be another crappy port or not.

Bleed
  • Bleed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

All this whining over a video game. How old are you people? If you want to play the game so bad, get a job and save up for a console, thats if money is the problem. If you dont want to buy a console, then youll just have to suck it up and wait for R* to announce if they will release it on PC. But from the looks of it, its gonna be a long time if not never.

Morbid_Angel
  • Morbid_Angel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Sure, PC graphics >>>>> anything consoles. I am mainly a PC gamer, but - that goes for RPGs, strategy games and shooters, mainly. Games like GTA work well on console imo so I have no big problem to buy V for my Ps3. However, just look at games for PC some ten to fifteen years ago and compare them to (most) games today - modern games are dumbed down in comparison and THAT's a direct result of consoles. Back when most triple A titles were made for PC exclusively, those games were MUCH deeper than what we get today.

I don't mean to say it's because of all console players being mainly 14-16 year old COD kiddies (or being older with the same mindset), but they are certainly a different group from PC gamers. While I dig me some Ps3 gaming (mainly sports games with friends), I can't but come to the conclusion that games in general weren't as shallow and 'stripped' back in the old days as they are today. That, as I said before, to me is mainly because of console gaming and I will take that opinion to the grave.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (Bleed @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 20:02)
All this whining over a video game. How old are you people? If you want to play the game so bad, get a job and save up for a console, thats if money is the problem. If you dont want to buy a console, then youll just have to suck it up and wait for R* to announce if they will release it on PC. But from the looks of it, its gonna be a long time if not never.

How could Rockstar just stop releasing their biggest blockbuster for the PC? They would lose tons of money, it's not happening.

Bleed
  • Bleed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (ViciousLuke @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:57)
QUOTE (Johnny-K @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 19:52)

Same thing goes with every GTA game... GTA 2, GTA 3, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA IV... And Rockstar realeased PC versions of those game after 5-6months consoles release, that's how it works smile.gif No doubt we will get PC version of GTA V, no doubt. Question is - when? Maybe 2 weeks, maybe 1 month, maybe 2 months... Who knows... We will see.

Yeah, who knows? Maybe never. lol.gif

manu90mala
  • manu90mala

Flash Fm

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

not announcing a pc version is a quite simple marketing strategy, many pc gamers will buy it for consoles just to play it sooner. then after the big sales wave they will probably announce it and release it within some months...i can bet the pc version is already at a stage that would make a spring release possible...but we pc gamers are slaves of the console market

Bleed
  • Bleed

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:09 PM Edited by Bleed, 30 October 2012 - 08:11 PM.

QUOTE (Spider-Vice @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 20:04)
QUOTE (Bleed @ Tuesday, Oct 30 2012, 20:02)

How could Rockstar just stop releasing their biggest blockbuster for the PC? They would lose tons of money, it's not happening.

Ok. So why keep bitching about it if you knw youre gonna get it?

and just to answer your question, my biggest guess is piracy, lets be honest theres more piracy when it comes to pc games, and thats something that R* cant stand.

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

We will have GTA V for PC, but I guess in fall 2013.

mirmihir
  • mirmihir

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Guess I'll be playing Infinite then.

Shreddy Krueger
  • Shreddy Krueger

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I've never understood this. I'm a console gamer so I don't pay alot of attention to PC news, but why is it that PC versions always come out later? I mean, if they INTEND on releasing it for PC at some point, why not just at launch with the consoles? Is it to do with the amount of manpower required for dev teams to program/code a game for all 3 platforms at the same time? I'm asking this seriously, I really don't know. It seems PC-ers get the screwjob again, which totally blows for you guys.

Hopefully it'll be a short wait.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users