• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

where do I download the PC ifruit ........... smarthphone is my android

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Gotta wait for it to be available to androids. Those of us who do not buy the iCrap phone or support Applesizedballsintheirmouth have to wait. Why does apple always get sh*t earlier?

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:12 AM Edited by geisweiller, 17 September 2013 - 12:28 AM.

Gotta wait for it to be available to androids. Those of us who do not buy the iCrap phone or support Applesizedballsintheirmouth have to wait. Why does apple always get sh*t earlier?

Maybe we should start a petition "Rockstar release Ifruit for android!" hahah just kidding, They already announced it for Android. Probably Apple did an agreement with R*.

Zotak
  • Zotak

Tom Hardy looks like me, or is it the other way?

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:35 AM

It's coming dudes, it's coming oh yeah, superior graphics, enhanced multiplayer version, at the very least 32 players, better and more stable fps (if R* doesn't mess up), the awesome mods.

I already sacrificed a Goat for the almighty PC god.

f*ck yeah.

• Mega and brian. like this

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by brian., 17 September 2013 - 01:26 AM.

Among many other factors supporting these kinds of decisions, it's the same reason as the consoles get GTA first: It is a closed platform which is the same across all units. It is much, much easier to ship a consistent experience on iPhone, or 360/PS3 than Android or PC, in fact, it's basically impossible to do it for Android or PC. There are too many SKU's. Too much forward compatibility and variation in the hardware.

Android and PC tend to earn their name as the "smart platform", but the iPhone and the consoles provide a hassle free environment, for releases to be judged on their merits, and not on the downfalls of slow ram or cpu bottlenecking a gpu that the consumer thought would solve all of their problems, but really just alleviated a portion of them :p That kind of thing. 

You've got too many ways to set up your PC, too many choices in android phone or tablet based on what you use it for and what your budget is - the varied marketplace leads to a varied response. It is much better, even for us who wait til later, for the products to be allowed to perform properly for all who have them in their hands, so that the game is spoken about well, and judged by its merits, even when spoken about badly - it would be bad for business for half of Android users to hate a game or app or half of PC gamers to bash GTA V just because they expect they should max it or that their low end phone can do other games as good as high end, this one should too - the consumer will blame the developer for "poor support for phone A, and good for phone B" and not blame that they use phone B. The consumer will blame the developer for "poor memory management" when their ram is too slow, regardless of its capacity etc etc.

The consoles and the apple iPhone offerings allow for a much more consistent and honest consumer reception, fueling a fair and open word-of-mouth campaign for sales to those on the fence (those who don't buy til they try or hear it's good from a friend).

There are of course many more reasons, but this is likely the biggest one - the reason all those other reasons you can think up add up, is to justify or validate this one. 

This all leads to crunch time focus early on, on the closed platforms, and then when they are done, you do the last bits of work on the more varied platforms. The ones  you're never quite sure what's in there, or can't lock out due to a SKU version. The cases where you need to write 6 or 7 different routines to choose from, because there are that many different cards now to warrant a lot of care in compatibility, where the consoles, iphone, it's the same across the board, in Android, the software is usually the same, but the phones can be really different in capability, like a windows or linux pc can have that os, but vary wildly. Even in cases where it wouldn't matter, the scheduling of projects is just setup to support this, cause even where it wouldn't matter, other reasons, like getting a product out faster, make it important to have a crunch time to focus on a certain platform or another first.

This will be a lot more apparent in the future, as the 360 and PS3 still have life in them as the low end/entry level hardware. This is subject to change only with mass penetration of the new consoles, so it's a safe bet "low end" games versions will still be coming for a while, while the "higher end settings" go to new consoles, and the pc, with those old consoles really only dying out once technologies for old platforms depreciate in studios and the work becomes too much to support them - the tech works everywhere for GTA V, but there is nothing to say, for example, that by the time GTA VI rolls around, or a new Bully or RDR, that the two old, different, harder platforms will still be worth supporting when the PC, PS4, and XB1 are pretty much a happy co-development family now, of course we know who daddy is :p

That's what they want it to be like, but I think gamers are smarter and will just decide to skip consoles in the future, opting for a pc hooked to their tv, media center pc etc. Something they can upgrade whenever they want, for much less than the cost of the new console a, b, or c, a box that does it all, without its own gimmicks per platform to make you want all three, where there are no nvidia or amd exclusive games, forcing you to have 2 graphics cards etc. You may fear missing console exclusives, but if you stop buying console exclusives, they will stop making games exclusive. lol. You will win. If you take control of your technology.

As the new consoles get newer versions sooner, and old versions roll away sooner, like the iPhone market, and PC continues on somewhat comparable to the Android market in its varied landscape, this is all unfolding before us now. These mysteries from before will become more like common sense to people soon.

• Booty Warrior likes this

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:20 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 17 September 2013 - 01:28 AM.

brian.

You are in wrong about Android app. If it is made as Android app it will work on all variantions of Androids. If app is on Google Apps then app will work on all Androids that have Google Apps. Most of apps I use aren't even on Google Apps, and they work fine...

It is NOT same as PC.

And there are many different iOS out there.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:38 AM Edited by brian., 17 September 2013 - 01:41 AM.

It is not as varied as a PC, but it is not as consistent as an apple iPhone, and it's not as easy to pick which ones to support or not to support. It takes more compatibility work, more back end stuff making the product run. There are like 9000 androids to choose from :p There is just a couple flavors of iPhone, and their user base knows that when someone doesn't work, or doesn't support their phone, they know why and they upgrade. 

Most of the work for the PC version of GTA V, for example, is not really re-writing the game and taking models and textures and re-programming their use, it's more about making it all work, across as many platforms as possible, as cleanly and efficiently as possible. It's about making the game know the difference between what processor and what it supports, how it can do things on it or not, all these things that are not a question at all for the unvaried landscape of consoles or iphone. For studios on the kind of level of Rockstar, supporting all platforms with their biggest games, gone are the days of port work, and it's more about support and compatibility, along with exposing techniques they can't expose on the console hardware.

You have a couple choices in iPhone each iteration - just a couple types of iPhone are out there, and majority of users upgrade religiously as some people here have waited for GTA V's initial launch - they get made fun of if they don't - contast those couple choices, with android's more than a couple choices on any given carrier. They do a good job of making it invisible, and a good job of making things work without issue and usually differences are invisible even to those creating on the platforms, but it "Android vs iPhone" CAN be compared to "PC vs console" in this sense, no worries.

I am using PC as the example, it's an extreme case example, and it only serves to illustrate it, it's not necessarily as big of a deal, but it illustrates the case.

Inactive
  • Inactive

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:48 AM Edited by HexDrone, 17 September 2013 - 01:55 AM.

It's just a matter of "when" now.

EDIT: iFruit PC : http://t.co/WmFXGAhDkm

Zotak
  • Zotak

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

Dear f*cking Rockstar, don't let us PC gamers down, we don't pirate quality games, actually not all of us are pirates.

So please hurry the f*ck up with a PC version.

I owned a PS3 and couldn't stand the lower graphics and the awful controls, have some understanding and more respect to us PC gamers.

If you appreciate your art, then a PC version is the canvas you want.

2gvoj6f.jpg

• DlZZEE and brian. like this

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

a lot of people saying that GTAV will play pc keyboard will be the one who will play GTAV pc joystick on the xbox 360

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:13 AM Edited by brian., 17 September 2013 - 03:23 AM.

i know I will play with joystick on the first play-through exclusively. Because I accept that this game - the third person adventure genre in general - is designed first and foremost for the joysticks, regardless of how much extra agility and awareness is gained with a mouse (look around faster, find cover/enemies/escape routes/offense routes faster without quick turn needed, if you played max payne 2, and how also Rockstar was able to keep it alive somewhat in Max Payne 3, now seeing V takes wise cues from Payne3, it's a different style of combat when you use mouse and keyboard, though on the whole mostly similar, it's a bit more fluid at times, and allows for much quicker gameplay decisions, for a lack of any faster way to say it)

All of that said, sh*t yea, first time through, "almost exlcusively" 360 pad, NO GTA Online until I complete GTA V. Second playthrough, I'll definitely being toying with AI, approaching missions in different ways. I'm talking deliberate f*cking bronzes here people. YEA. This 2 weekend binge game, is gonna last me WEEKS. These guys, are like game development scientists. I'm going to do it by the book, on the hook the first time through, just the way it was painstakingly bent to provide fun for - then, I'm going to take advantage of the obvious attention to detail to mouse control Max Payne 3 received on PC being brought forward to GTA V. GTA Online will likely "require" me to play with mouse and keyboard, because the majority of community will surely be in free aim mode, where it would be suicidal to use a joypad, though I am hoping it's half and half and I can play with some who enjoy joypad for third person.

Only third person that M+K feels right for me seems to be mass effect 1 and 2, games like that, but those are not adventure games.

And hey, side note for anyone who knows, mother f*ck. Yes. The f*cking mouse acceleration bug, worse ever in IV, the BS mouse acceleration, is gone. <--- for anyone who happens to seem to always have suffered that on their setup ever since even III for some people, and hasn't played MP3 yet, it's fixed.

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

i know I will play with joystick on the first play-through exclusively. Because I accept that this game - the third person adventure genre in general - is designed first and foremost for the joysticks, regardless of how much extra agility and awareness is gained with a mouse (look around faster, find cover/enemies/escape routes/offense routes faster without quick turn needed, if you played max payne 2, and how also Rockstar was able to keep it alive somewhat in Max Payne 3, now seeing V takes wise cues from Payne3, it's a different style of combat when you use mouse and keyboard, though on the whole mostly similar, it's a bit more fluid at times, and allows for much quicker gameplay decisions, for a lack of any faster way to say it)

All of that said, sh*t yea, first time through, "almost exlcusively" 360 pad, NO GTA Online until I complete GTA V. Second playthrough, I'll definitely being toying with AI, approaching missions in different ways. I'm talking deliberate f*cking bronzes here people. YEA. This 2 weekend binge game, is gonna last me WEEKS. These guys, are like game development scientists. I'm going to do it by the book, on the hook the first time through, just the way it was painstakingly bent to provide fun for - then, I'm going to take advantage of the obvious attention to detail to mouse control Max Payne 3 received on PC being brought forward to GTA V. GTA Online will likely "require" me to play with mouse and keyboard, because the majority of community will surely be in free aim mode, where it would be suicidal to use a joypad, though I am hoping it's half and half and I can play with some who enjoy joypad for third person.

Only third person that M+K feels right for me seems to be mass effect 1 and 2, games like that, but those are not adventure games.

And hey, side note for anyone who knows, mother f*ck. Yes. The f*cking mouse acceleration bug, worse ever in IV, the BS mouse acceleration, is gone. <--- for anyone who happens to seem to always have suffered that on their setup ever since even III for some people, and hasn't played MP3 yet, it's fixed.

I have 17 years experience in the joysticks and use max payne 3 pc'm fine GTAIV online pc using the same to me you guys can use keyboard I have a lot of skill in joysticks

Zotak
  • Zotak

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:46 AM Edited by Zotak, 17 September 2013 - 03:47 AM.

I don't have a problem using a gamepad for GTA V, especially for driving and piloting as I did on GTAIV multiplayer.

Flying on GTA4 online without a gamepad was serious disadvantage.

Though seeing the car handling in V it might not be that big of deal with a keyboard.

Anyways that goes to show the power of PC dudes, you can us an xbox gamepad or hook up yor PC to your house big ass 55" Tv.

I wonder if we get the music station for our own tunes like in 4?

This, a much more goes to show how superior a PC is. I love it.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

I don't have a problem using a gamepad for GTA V, especially for driving and piloting as I did on GTAIV multiplayer.

Flying on GTA4 online without a gamepad was serious disadvantage.

Though seeing the car handling in V it might not be that big of deal with a keyboard.

Anyways that goes to show the power of PC dudes, you can us an xbox gamepad or hook up yor PC to your house big ass 55" Tv.

I wonder if we get the music station for our own tunes like in 4?

This, a much more goes to show how superior a PC is. I love it.

I am pretty sure we can, maybe Independence FM 2.0 or YourRadio I don't know but I am sure we will, I mean it's a great feature so I doubt they will drop it.

gtafanny
  • gtafanny

Wet n Ready

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:57 AM Edited by gtafanny, 17 September 2013 - 03:58 AM.

from an article about  pc gamer mag:

"Ok, so, if a GTA V PC release date is really really real (as it appears from the Xbox 360 code and the Nvidia story) then when can we expect a GTA V PC release date? Well, a few months ago PC Gamer analyzed the timetables of previous GTA games to try and get an educated guess as to when the GTA V PC release ate may be upon us. The short answer? Not soon:

If we look at all games in the Grand Theft Auto series since Vice City, we can see that it's about 462 days, on average, between the announcement of the game and the announcement (not release) of the PC version. It's a slightly more reasonable 212 days between the first console release and the PC release.

If we take the average time between console and PC announcement and add it to GTA 5′s original announcement date of October 13, 2011, that should have put the PC release date announcement around January 17, 2013. No such luck. Assuming they're going to make us wait just as stupidly long as they did for GTA 4 (821 days from the first E3 tease, for the record), we'll be hearing about a PC release date around January 11, 2014. Every main series entry since Vice City has failed to announce a PC ship date until after the first console version shipped.

On the off chance that Rockstar makes us wait as long for a PC announcement as they did on GTA 4, and as long between PC announcement and PC release as they did on San Andreas, we've been shoved back to July 4, 2014."

MisterEd
  • MisterEd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

We can read the manual for the XBox360 and PS3 versions on a PC. Is that cruel of them or what?

Grand Theft Auto V: The Manual
Now available for iOS devices at the App Store and as a desktop application on PC.
Coming soon for Android devices via Google Play and Windows Phone, as well as for Mac as a desktop application.

Desktop application on PC
http://www.rockstarg...V-TheManual.msi

• brian. likes this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

The best thing for this PC release is nothing more than the lack of that bullsh*t GFWL that died earlier this year.

Zotak
  • Zotak

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:11 AM Edited by Zotak, 17 September 2013 - 04:11 AM.

Na, I wouldn't worry much guys, for us PC gamers is always the waiting game.

Yes, it could be released in 2-3 months or 6 months, I hope though that things change a bit this time around and R* surprise us, who knows.

As I said it's a waiting game for us, nothing new.

ViciousLuke
  • ViciousLuke

Ermahgerd GTA V

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

First I need an announcement. Then I just could live my life and wait till that PC version release date.

• geisweiller likes this

Tashan
  • Tashan

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

Playing on Xbox 360  and at 60% completion still very few enter able areas :/ . The list of the areas looks sufficient on paper but practically it should have been more. Whether console limitation or something else, but yeah R* please hurry up for PC release 

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

It's me again lol Now as you know the official Social Club for GTA V has launched, what you don't know is this

This is quite similar to Max Payne 3, so it may act as a template or something

http://cdn.sc.rockst...er-20130610.png

But why remove the PS3 logo as well as the arrow and the PC word ?

uhkU0bS.png

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

I want to wake up to this tomorrow:

itshappening2.png

Please Rockstar. Please. Make my life.

• Mega and geisweiller like this

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:59 AM

It's me again lol Now as you know the official Social Club for GTA V has launched, what you don't know is this

This is quite similar to Max Payne 3, so it may act as a template or something

But why remove the PS3 logo as well as the arrow and the PC word ?

uhkU0bS.png

EDIT: Seems like it's due to color change, thanks CarLuver69

VnF39Fl.png

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

If you ask me, the PC version will be announced this very week. At the latest, next week. Release at the end of the month.

Rockstar, get into gear! You've given us more than enough evidence, yes, we're psyched! Now announce it already FFS!

• geisweiller likes this

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

If you ask me, the PC version will be announced this very week. At the latest, next week. Release at the end of the month.

Rockstar, get into gear! You've given us more than enough evidence, yes, we're psyched! Now announce it already FFS!

Basically, and from what I can tell 

platform-switcher-20130610.png

This basically suggests the PC version has been developed or being part of the plan since June 2013 or maybe before. 

CarLuver69
  • CarLuver69

Strangely Animated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

This basically suggests the PC version has been developed or being part of the plan since June 2013 or maybe before. 

But that's the exact same date used in the Max Payne 3 "template" image.

lh1
  • lh1

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:25 AM Edited by lh1, 17 September 2013 - 07:25 AM.

But that's the exact same date used in the Max Payne 3 "template" image.

Well I remember sometime early or middle in the year, Rockstar gave Social Club website a new fresh look. so maybe it's that however LA Noire and other games didn't receive any change. Maybe it's a cover up for GTA V PC ?

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

Dear f*cking Rockstar, don't let us PC gamers down, we don't pirate quality games, actually not all of us are pirates.

So please hurry the f*ck up with a PC version.

I owned a PS3 and couldn't stand the lower graphics and the awful controls, have some understanding and more respect to us PC gamers.

If you appreciate your art, then a PC version is the canvas you want.

2gvoj6f.jpg

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:05 AM Edited by zerofreeze, 17 September 2013 - 08:06 AM.

It actually has the PC word in it, hmm interesting.

And this link has a different logo type of PS3

http://cdn.sc.rockst...rm-switcher.png

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

It actually has the PC word in it, hmm interesting.

Dude, can't you read at least entire page before posting? Repetive sh*t every page.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users