PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

It's not true, look at the artwork it's all stretched to f*ck, Rockstar usually do their own renditions for Steam to, so that artwork is wrong being there, it's the small details people, they always forget.

Clearly, that's not a final version of the page. But, as I said, most likely it's fake anyway.

Note this http://gyazo.com/465...4ab79baab38.png

Rockstar would never use a sh*tty pixel picture like that.

About the steam. you guys won't believe me when I say that someone said they saw that on the English steam a few hours ago too :/ 

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

If my theory about GTAO are correct, we'll see GTA V for PC WAY BEFORE anyone could think.

They said it will support 16 players on consoles. On the trailer, we could count more than 16 players on the screen.

Content creator it's basically a trainer. And who will use that on consoles? The interface NEEDS a mouse to work properly.

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

If my theory about GTAO are correct, we'll see GTA V for PC WAY BEFORE anyone could think.

They said it will support 16 players on consoles. On the trailer, we could count more than 16 players on the screen.

Content creator it's basically a trainer. And who will use that on consoles? The interface NEEDS a mouse to work properly.

Yes could be very well possible.

Makes sense, GTA ONLINE with much more unlocked for PC but wouldnt that require a pay to play fee on the 1st of october?

Mainline421
  • Mainline421

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Well I'm leaving now see you all after the PC release. It feels so wrong leaving now after following the development since 2011 (although only recently on the forums) but with every GTA so far I have known way too much about the game before I played it. So not again this time. (I haven't even watched the leaks!)  I'll still visit the modding connections though. Kind of off topic anyway but 'The official I'm leaving thread' is deleted now. Anyway I developed a script to help people trying to do the same it's very basic and incomplete ATM but it's better than nothing http://userscripts.o...pts/show/177885. See you after the PC release...

livilaNic
  • livilaNic

Got Milf?

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by livilaNic, 15 September 2013 - 10:22 PM.

In the end of description:

"Omegalodon's objective is a nuclear containment dome at the city center. The round will end if it is destroyed, the timer reaches zero, or if Omegalodon dies." WTF? 

Seems legit.

http://store.steampo....com/app/248350

http://www.desura.com/games/omegalodon

GTAxYushix
  • GTAxYushix

Leave me alone.

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

"Omegalodon's objective is a nuclear containment dome at the city center. The round will end if it is destroyed, the timer reaches zero, or if Omegalodon dies." WTF? 

Seems legit.

Oh well there goes another hope.

The GTA ONLINE thing could still save you guys.

It should be easier for Rockstar too to make an online GTA for pc and everyone else, maybe the 1st of october will be a very good day :D

Felipson
  • Felipson

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:28 PM Edited by Felipson, 15 September 2013 - 10:33 PM.

Seems legit.

Let me explain better what has to do with GTAV omegalodon?

and another thing

if GTAV announced in 2011 Rockstar had version Pc between the console only after 2 trailer withdrawn in 2012 why?

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:34 PM Edited by brian., 15 September 2013 - 10:42 PM.

XTD is indeed a texture data archive as far as I know. I'm not sure, but i think Max Payne 3 PC used those instead of WTD. For IV, you had ps3 files,and you had XTD, and you had WTD (Xbox and Windows Texture Data I guess, since they held textures) 

What's in that file? it's hard to say. It could be keyboard prompt images, and the size difference could be perhaps because the control menu of PC is mostly text listings, while on console you get images to show the joypad setups etc - but i don't think the file would be named that. It could be some PC-exclusive stuff that overrides the other, if indeed WTD is now deppreciated at the studio and XTD is for Windows and Xbox (I'm not sure! someone check in max payne 3 files on pc for me :p I think I read they use XTD on PC now)

PS4 is indeed mentioned, in Obris entires on the XML dump, for the person who asked. And as for no XB1 version, no worries, XB1 games are just pre-configured PC games now. XB1 will be the, as it always was, low end or family microsoft gaming platform (I know they market it differently, but from a technical and consumer cold-base viewpoint, that's what it is), just now it's literally a modified/locked up windows8. IE, not just the architecture makes things easier now. This is one indicator that causes speculation to sway toward PC completely taking over gaming during this console lifetime, including in the living room (through streaming to tv, and wired to tv, that's about to get really popular soon)

With more and more games taking lead on the PC platform now due to the ease of bringing them down to the new consoles, you can expect this to be a very different, likely even polar opposite gaming generation than the last, by its end.

Well, you know that really popular new feature on ps4, the touch pad? Well, it's just a laptop part put in the controller, basically. :p Laptop mouse controller, that's all :p I mean, for all intents and purposes, the mouse pointer is about to have a life on consoles.

Kinect on XB1 and PS4's touch pad will make interfacing with the machines way easier than the joystick-button-selections or joystick-mouse-cursors of the past.

This doesn't speak at all the kinect or ps3's move, perhaps they will have that in Online, I can't call it, or speculate, I don't recall seeing kinect or move mentioned on box arts at least.

Those tools are fine on a joypad though. On the console, there will likely be either a modifier button to move things slowly before placing them (for accuracy), or a grid or something like that that makes it more easy to place things, and other than that, well, you know, i prefer mouse menus, but plenty have ported over to "the console world" just fine (char creators, little big planet creation tools, etc)

About the steam. you guys won't believe me when I say that someone said they saw that on the English steam a few hours ago too  :/ 

Was it

Spoiler
? :p Or something else?

• FutoDriver likes this

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by FutoDriver, 15 September 2013 - 10:42 PM.

Well I'm leaving now see you all after the PC release. It feels so wrong leaving now after following the development since 2011 (although only recently on the forums) but with every GTA so far I have known way too much about the game before I played it. So not again this time.

I applaud your will not to see any leaks/spoils. I'll be playing the PS3 version come launch, but I'm not as hyped as I would be if I was getting a PC version. Earlier, they had Lazlow on Absolute Radio here in he UK doing his own show for 2 hours (there's a thread about it). I was listening to it and although it was fun. I kept having the thought in the back of my mind that just once it would be great if PC gamers were involved in this countdown hype for the game.

Fanfare never feels as special when Rockstar finally gets around to 'officially' announcing the 'surprise' title. It's probably because despite their real anal attempts at keeping everything hush-hush it's always well known it's coming before hand.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:50 PM Edited by brian., 15 September 2013 - 10:58 PM.

Seems fan made. Domain is registered with NameCheap (love them, but don't recall R* ever using them, nor whoisguard :p)

So it's counting likely down to GTA Online. Will be cool if it turns out an official site of some kind, I just think they would have done announcements.rockstargames.com if it was going to be a separate body, or even the newswire itself, doesn't seem broken for announcing things :p

Not even using the same registrar, and it counts down 15 days, and then claims the release date for the pc version is november 15th ...

Is that a fact? Setting time for the countdown to be in your past causes the site to claim a PC release date of November 15? What a waste of money on a failed prank lol. We know for a fact that Rockstar countdowns can't be gone around, they require to be updated, perhaps even automatically, when the timer runs out and the server meets the right date itself. Can't be broken like this one on client side, if that is the case?

edit: one thing that's been bothering me, and I want to mention it; Rockstar caters to the mature gamer crowd. Every mature gamer on the planet knows that PC is the greater gaming platform, even if they prefer a console for whatever reason they have the right to, a mature gamer still knows: You get the most from PC, and you tend to spend the less, especially in the long haul. I think Rockstar knows this very well, and I think we're supposed to see thje game on consoles, we're supposed to say how "my game will be like the screens, not this low texture release" etc, I think we're supposed to get amped up, find pc files, go nuts about it, so when they reveal it - with its PC exclusives like clip editors, now dx11 effects support and optimizations based around it, etc - we're supposed to feel "worried/unsure", assure ourselves, become passionate about it, and market the beast for them, this has to be at least partially true :p

ed84
  • ed84

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

For the modders:

Since there is no vigilante missions in GTA V, would it still be able to mod in the ability to take over the police?

And when will we know, even if it comes out on PC, if the game will be moddable?

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:05 PM Edited by brian., 15 September 2013 - 11:06 PM.

We will have to see how deeply integrated to the cloud the game is.

I expect single player to be modifiable, but to be completely unable to "dpad down" over to MP if you modded. I believe the file check list that we saw locally on IV, will be on Rockstar's cloud for Online. Making their "dirty players" pooling stronger than ever, yet not alienated the biggest sales force in the GTA series: Modders. I have seen so many people switch to PC on the strength that they found out they can drive real cars in GTA, let alone play new maps etc. I've seen it happen many times, especially since IV. I've seen so many kotaku people saying they won't go back to their console after seeing Hulk mod, icenhancer etc.

We have to see how they check files now, hopefully like above, where you can clone your installation to another folder and mod that, but play your main clean install for online. Then, any time you break your modding copy, you just copy over another copy of the clean version. Will be sweet if so.

It is no secret that word of mouth between peers trumps all marketing in all marketable industry and venues, whether we debunk marketing or just plain dislike what is marketed, a game can fail on the strength of the community voice alone. That being said, it's the strongest sales force known to any marketer, a power he can only harness for himself when people don't know he works for the people he's talking about: Word of mouth. Rockstar can tell us anything - we'll believe them, until we play the game or someone else does - and then that persons/our own word is the truth, for as many ears as it's not :p

(goes back to the whole bit I wrote before about "pc comes last because there is too much variation in hardware - if PC came at the same time, internet would not be full of people commenting on the game itself, it would be full of PC users unaware they need an upgrade to max the game bashing the game, without being clear it's the pc version, and then all the sudden you have PC version players turning off Console players who will not ever face the kinds of issues we do with PC, like when we think we should be able to max a game, but need an upgrade to do so - this can be very damaging, two birds one stone this post :p)

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

Brian: Max Payne 3 on Windows is WTD.

z4lornU.png

• brian. likes this

Eggtooth
  • Eggtooth

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

Brian. Explan that picture for me:

16gxuet.jpg

Why Franklin's ear is so smooth if it doesn't use DX11? Why his face is smooth too?

amazingxx
  • amazingxx

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

2dac5s2.png

Jewstinian
  • Jewstinian

Sprouting Brass and Slinging Lead

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

Brian. Explan that picture for me:

Why Franklin's ear is so smooth if it doesn't use DX11? Why his face is smooth too?

It's a modified version of DX9. The textures don't look too nice, either. Needless to say, I doubt that is DX11.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by brian., 15 September 2013 - 11:34 PM.

@TheAdmiester, thanks for checking that for me, man, glad to have it cleared up, not using xtd on pc then :^:

@Eggtooth, I was waiting for someone to call me on that :D

The explanation is simple, but comes with some conjecture so get your salt ready and bare with me, I'll start with the speculative part, then go into tangible points.

1: PS3 supports tessellation. GT6 is supposed to be the first game, or it's the first publicly known game to use it on that platform. Xbox360 cannot do it. I will in no way claim that because that is a PS3 image, it must be tessellated. I am more doubtful of this than confident, the chances are very slim.

2: Tangible stuff to say about it though is; 1; sure, perhaps they threw a lot of polygons into the characters - they do come off very smooth, with no hard silhouettes/only very rarely can you spot one, like over Frank's shoulder there, you can see some vertex points/hard edges. Tells me conjecture point above, now after writing the above, I see, it's definitely not tessellated.

However, can you get a picture of this police car for me, and show me its same details by chance?

Also, take notice of franklin's skin below. See that softened look to it? That's called sub surface scattering. It isn't in your pic, he looks like typical plastic game character above, but below, he looks greasy and sh*t.

The top one has specularity, but it is just normal map and spec over the diffuse, resulting in a plastic look, while this below image is different, using more elements in the material and different type of shading. The sub surface scattering makes it really look like greasy skin, rather than just a specular highlight.

It's not on the consoles, and the consoles lack many many elements that the screenshots have. Like high res textures (that game is very blurry textures on console, but not on screenshots), and a nice thick frame buffer supporting a very vibrant colorfulness you don't see in the above image, nor in the leaked gameplay. It's missing from the game, but not from the screenshots. The entire game has a "washed out/washed over", due to the loss in texture detail you get when you delete the real texture and use only mipmaps (consoles = only mipmaps, so does low, medium tex on PC, only High tex is the real texture, and even that is like 1/2 or 1/4 up to even 1/16th their actual working set asset)

Take notice of the vibrance, the colorful look, it's real. If I put high textures on IV, I get a more vibrant, colorful image, if i use medium textures, much spec is disabled/ommitted and resulting washed out diffuse and normal map = that "white wash" look in your image.

I'm sure that you can see a massive difference in fidelity between that image and the one below, without necessarily having to point out all the reasons why. And, my question is, mainly, sure, his ear is nice and round there, but the body isn't. Look closely at this, all other characters, look at the fidelity of this image, we know for a fact console is 1: jaggy (proven), 2: low res (proven), and lacking many of the effects in the screenshots (blind man can see the difference, comparisons coming up in a few days I'm sure)

In your top image, he's got a high poly head. But, in this image, his butt chin is 3d and so seem to be his shirt pockets :p The shading is on a completely different level, as are the materials that are supporting it. 

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_291.jpg

See that blue rimlight on his left side, too? and those shadows? And how sharp those alpha rejection textures are? The fidelity of all characters? they are a blurry smudge on consoles from that far away, nowhere near as crisp and defined - and the sharpness, the pixelated look of contrasted colors most noticably (like around characters in front of different colors), that is artifact of downscaling :^:

The hard edges around his sleave are arguable though. I can say "it may be artifact by the artist , or even intentional, but I would be reaching too far.

Fact is though, you can see a lot of edges on franklins shoulder in the official screenshot - so much so that it looks smooth and bumpy clothes, very realistic :p

• FutoDriver likes this

Eggtooth
  • Eggtooth

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:27 PM Edited by Eggtooth, 15 September 2013 - 11:31 PM.

No no brian. I am with you that you have proved that screens are PC, I was asking politely a simple genuine question. No offense, I've just asked :-)

Screen was from high quality gameplay video in 720p.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:32 PM Edited by brian., 15 September 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Yea, indeed, no worries, you're good, not offended - didn't mean to seem that way if so :^:

It's also a valid thing to point out, I used the ear as a main-point directly compared to Max Payne 3's tessellated and non-tessellated ear, it would be completely unfair not to be asked to address it :^:

The characters are super high quality on the consoles though, even if they have had their textures lower, they are on par with sports game characters.

• Bobbyleez likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:35 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 15 September 2013 - 11:43 PM.

There is no tessalation in any of the screenshots. Major characters probably have more polygons and developers used some clever bump mapping techniques to make them look even smoother and richer. But when you look at the vehicles like that bycicle and cop car, you can see that there is absolutely no tessalation. Even the textures aren't high res for crying out loud. The only thing that's different than gameplay is coloring. That can be achieved with a simple image editing tool. If you still think that screenshots are from the PC version, then you don't think very highly of the PC capabilities. I've seen high res gameplay videos. Lack of more vibrant colors is the only difference.

And not to mention the ugly shadows in that image if you look closely, as well as blurred out aliasing. But you can notice a lot of aliasing on the Grandma's Gold billboard. The image was clearly touched up a bit, but it's far from what anyone should expect from the PC version.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by brian., 15 September 2013 - 11:51 PM.

They are higher res than the consoles from the hd footage I've seen. 

Only a moron would tessellate that bike rim and spokes too :p it's just disabled on the wheel.

If you look around the edges of franklin there, you see the very smoothness? It's not in the other screenshot above.

I want to see that cop car on the consoles, badly. Those rimes are way too high poly, you can see geometric specularity artifacting in them, rather than texture based, that is geometry for sure, it's super high poly, so is the body. The hard edges on the body would be intentional, those wheel wells and tires/rims though :O

Can't wait til people re-make the screenshots, it'll be a lot easier to point out differences then (and even to reject my own suppositions, without the direct comparison, it's much harder)

Not to mention man, files leaks, common sense that dictates a game runs on a PC before it ever gets sent to the devkit, etc - trust me, the screenshots are the full quality assets (even though subject to be different, I'm talking about their fidelity), the current launched title is the optimized version.

Remember when ubi said "that vid was not currentgen watchdogs, that was someone who didn't know what boxes to check"

You can bet that there is going to be a mix, a variety, of different settings. You can be sure though, none of the screenshots (besides maybe ammunation gun club one) came from a devkit or a console.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:55 PM Edited by GTAvanja, 15 September 2013 - 11:59 PM.

Only a moron would tessellate that bike rim and spokes too :p it's just disabled on the wheel.

So now it's one giant conspiracy to hide DX11 features? Not likely. The entire screenshot screams Dx9.

I want to see that cop car on the consoles, badly. Those rimes are way too high poly, you can see geometric specularity artifacting in them, rather than texture based, that is geometry for sure, it's super high poly, so is the body.

Not really. All they have to do is make a rim shaped cup. Well, with a little more detail. But nothing really outstanding as one might think. They can achieve everything else with bump mapping, specular and normal maps. Just like in Mass Effect 3 if you've been following the texture modding scene for that game. It's quite impressive how some clever texturing can make something look like it has more polygons. The cutouts in the rims don't even have to be geometical. They are probably just black flat textures with bump mapping. But I wouldn't expect it to be different on the PC version either. Developers always use those types of shortcuts because that stuff isn't very irrelevant.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci Racing
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by Blaster_nl, 16 September 2013 - 12:08 AM.

XTD is indeed a texture data archive as far as I know. I'm not sure, but i think Max Payne 3 PC used those instead of WTD. For IV, you had ps3 files,and you had XTD, and you had WTD (Xbox and Windows Texture Data I guess, since they held textures) 

What's in that file? it's hard to say. It could be keyboard prompt images, and the size difference could be perhaps because the control menu of PC is mostly text listings, while on console you get images to show the joypad setups etc - but i don't think the file would be named that. It could be some PC-exclusive stuff that overrides the other, if indeed WTD is now deppreciated at the studio and XTD is for Windows and Xbox (I'm not sure! someone check in max payne 3 files on pc for me :p I think I read they use XTD on PC now)

brian. Xbox uses XTD (Xeon Texture Dictionary) and PC uses WTD (Windows Texture Dictionary). XTD goes way back to R* Table Tennis. They are just updated with each new version of RAGE.

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:18 AM Edited by brian., 16 September 2013 - 01:44 AM.

brian. Xbox uses XTD (Xeon Texture Dictionary) and PC uses WTD (Windows Texture Dictionary). XTD goes way back to R* Table Tennis. They are just updated with each new version of RAGE.

Thank you Blaster for the format clarification, have you got the game by chance? What kind of nifty stuff you guys finding at first glance? Is there a place it's being discussed in detail I can look at the latest? I don't meant platform stuff, I mean anything, what's different?

Can anyone in the scene speak anything to noticeable differences from IV to V that are big deals yet? Very interested.

@GTAvanja I understand the techniques you're describing, no doubt, I know differences between normal maps and parralax bump offset, like seen used in places in GTA IV, like the bullet holes and smashes from collisions and such, I can make them and such, you're right, I work and play with these kinds of files, you're right, except that in that image, that cop rim isn't just a flat polygon, it's also not just a normal map giving a smoother look, nor are Franklin's silhouette (compare the shoulders to the ps3 still above it). It's literally polygonal, you can tell that is geometric specular artifact there, crunched to nearly-gone from the downscale the image has been given. 

I agree, and enjoy the flexibility that material techniques provide me, but that cop car rim is separate geometry from the tire. The tire needs a different material and needs to be able to burst, pop and be switched out of flattened one, etc. Maximum radial segments you're going to see on any console gta v, or gta iv (pc and console) car, is like 64 segments. Likely even only 32, yet still looks very round on many cars. The roundness you're seeing on  that cop rim though, that is like 128 to 256 segments easily, from working myself with geometry a lot, I know it, it's too perfectly round, for the structure and poly flow to not be supported with geometry, it would have a few places you can count the edges. You really can trust me, that car wheel is high poly.

I'd really like to see it on the console though. I have no doubt that it, and many other rims in the game, are very high poly, I've seen a few, but I haven't been able to zoom into them, or to see them in a capture like this screenshot gives me a view. Need captures of tires at various zooms, of that cop car if anyone reading is capable, I wish to show the point visually.

I also would like an image of the cop car for the purpose of checking the vehicle body's polyflow against my claims, especially the doors and the seams where they meet at the windows to the C pillar there. It is also indicitive of a very high poly count. Though the cars have many high-poly attributes, I have yet to see any cars as smooth as the screenshots, in any frames etc I've paused in gameplay. The tessellation support for RAGE as of maxpayne/afaik is for characters and vehicles only, as well.

Anisotropic filtering could be turned up resulting in the textures "looking" higher, I can admit is possible - but then, rejoice, because that means "high textures" will be even higher than anticipated. That speaks only to textures though, those rims and that cop car, franklin's silhouette lacking any poly flow discernible  (which bitmaps can't hide) aside from an almost predictable crease on the sleeves.

For any thing that can be sort of denied or refuted respectfully about my claims, kind of just means it's going to be even better, so that's at least still exciting right? :p

This image really does scream more than just dx9, too. Especially the fidelity of the far clip, the smoothness of the plane, the reflection on the landing gear. Look really closely over this image - it's not just normal maps or bump maps, normal maps are in use, but try to find a poly flow. I have GOT to see this plane on the console, as well. I want to see its wheels and around the wings and in front of the cockpit mostly:

look at that chrome reflecting image based, and the downscaling artifacts, and there is just so much else, roundness of tires, etc, where is the polyflow? I see polyflow on things in vids, this is all the high poly stuff, even if it's just "dev asset", RAGE supports tessellation, which will effectively "restore" this detail from this screenshot into the PC version, along with the rest of the stuff, I really wanna get a capture of this plane, and that cop car

Not to mention, the game is nowhere near as sharp as this image or barely any other screenshot, we need captures, someone needs to make captures of the screenshots for comparison, then I'll really write the book :^:

e3sony_5.jpg

Cannot really deny that this is medium vs high/with tessellation. EVEN IF it's high poly model that was baked to top image, then RAGE engine tessellation will still restore it, with its own displacement map baked for the dx11 tessellation that may or may not be in the screen, or maybe their hull smoothing is automatic, who knows, don't know yet, it's new stuff, but that will result in the PC version looking like that, and potentially the nextbox versions too. Of course, it'll only ever look like that once you screenshot it at your gaming res THEN downscale it, but hey, it's still gonna be awesome, when you compare the screenshots to the "low/medium" version coming out in 2 days:

gtav.jpg

actual34894374.jpg

CAN I GET AMEN?

And people always address lighting when I showed these, but the third one shows, it's not a claim changer:

gtav.jpg

trailer2_023.jpg

Look at this topic, tell me what you think:

http://gtaforums.com...shots-are-made/

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by AceKingston, 16 September 2013 - 03:26 AM.

Probably somebody already posted this but it won't hurt to give a heads up.

Apparently a leaked GTA V config code from the pirated Xbox 360 versions has revealed PC and PS4 codes. It's a rumour but still strengthens the fact that there will be a PC and a PS4 version.

http://www.escapistm...PC-PS4-Versions

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

CAN I GET AMEN?

Look at this topic, tell me what you think:

http://gtaforums.com...shots-are-made/

AMEN!!!! Gzuz, a lot of butthurts in this other topic....Definitely the promotional screenshots look next gen. That's another evidence for us!

PC version will be sick!!

• brian. likes this

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

And about the GTA Online on PC...what you guys think? There will be more players then 16?? The ps3/xbox online project doesn't look like a mmorpg. I was expecting something like 30+ players and more diversity.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:07 AM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 16 September 2013 - 04:07 AM.

Guys come on I've been telling you this for almost a year ... use some sense.

ROCKSTAR GAMES, not any other company, the Official Game Developer released by mistake or whatever an update of Social Club with a folder called GTAV and within the code it had lines for GTAV. Rockstar Social Club is an application for PC for online features and connectivity with Rockstar. They've done it themselves, they were already working on the PC version back then.

This game is being in development since day one, when consoles started exactly like Max Payne 3 was, that game was the last prototype for the optimization of th game for Next Gen. The game feels like it's Next gen, because it was created aimed at them, reason why they had to downgrade a lot of things during the development.

Some of the screens Rockstar released are definitely from Next Gen (PC), they are playing exactly the same trick as UBISOFT everytime they promote Watch Dogs, they talk about current gen version but they always end up showing footage of the Next Gen. Rockstar released the game on current gen because there is a huge market now and RAGE is very flexible, Max Payne 3 was the proof of that. So is quite possible that while Rockstar North was working on the consoles version, that Rockstar Toronto that fused with Rockstar Vancouver been working in the PC version like they did with Max Payne 3, some people say they were working Bully 2, Agent or something else... but remember that GTA is a 5 years project and represents the biggest slice of Rockstar and T2 profits.

That game can't be a flop like Max Payne 3 was, and they'll aim at every possible platform. In fact I can even see Wii U version released this time. Every other developer is doing it and Rockstar won't be any different. And GTA V as a launch title in November/ October Next Gen consoles launch that ARE BREAKING RECORDS in pre-orders never seen before are a good strike specially when there isn't much competition and they aren't possible to pirate. The same way people are now buying a brand new old consoles in the end of its life cycle, they'll also buy a new console just for GTA V.

Rockstar won't let Ubisoft collect all their profit caused by the fever of GTA V. They won't let WD or AC IV steal the spot light, once GTA V gets announcement for holiday release the game will change.

Call it wishful thinking but since I've seen the awkward release windows for the game that all it started to make even more sense. Release for current Gen in the end of summer, wait for the frst explosion in sales in the first weeks and when the heat goes down, release Consoles with GTA V. I repeat again, M$ and Sony made an agreement with Rockstar for GTA IV, they made it with the purpose of selling more consoles, for that they paid millions and they didn't get it back. Now they have the chance to do what they couldn't do before.

Based on logic and common sense the game will be released in this year, there could be other agreements but I'm sure MS and SONY want to sell consoles more then having an exclusive title for them for months. And if GTA V is announced their stock won't be enough.

There are almost 20 hints for the existence of a PC version and Next Gen release just rushes them all up.

• KamisLT, brian., Marcuskac and 3 others like this

brian.
  • brian.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:11 AM

Kinda wish I could like that post twice. ^

geisweiller
  • geisweiller

The Boss

• Members

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:21 AM