PC Version of GTA V Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20,084 replies to this topic
r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:43 AM Edited by r34ld34l, 18 July 2013 - 04:47 AM.

QUOTE (satsv2 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 23:15)
QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 18:02)
QUOTE (satsv2 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 17:10)
QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 15:26)
QUOTE (satsv2 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 14:17)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 03:00)
QUOTE (satsv2 @ Wednesday, Jul 17 2013, 01:40)
Ever wonderd those states are for idle?

At idle,  evn a retard can conclude tht cpu wnt be doing anythng.

facedesk.gif

It just makes it even more obvious to show how obvious of a troll you really are, you need to work on that trolling mate.

I clearly stated in my post that Crysis 3 is being ran in the background.

Facepalm.

If its running the background and ur not playing the game, it doesnt require commen sense that the game is not requesting more processing power for calculating damage, enemy ai, or other game processing...

Man u must be really dumb

What? Game uses same % of CPU as it is in "background" or fullscreen or window, IT DOESN'T MATTER. GPU on other hand is different.

Are u thick? Theres a huge difference between when ur standing still and moving... Around

OMFG, of course it is difference when you are walking or not, but NOT THAT BIG
You can't walk while minimzed, so if you put it in fullscreen and do nothing you will see CPU does same work as when minimized, while GPU will ramp it up because it has to show it.

You clearly don't know how CPU works. CPU will work on same thing no matter if you have fullscreen on minimized, it doesn't matter to him, but it does to GPU, because it does have to show it you.
You are very bad at trolling or you have no idea what are you talking or what we are talking about.

He even posted that game is minimized and yet you scream at him that game is minimized. And for info even at idle CPU is calculating, CPU is working all the time when PC or any tech, is on.

i wasnt suggesting that, i am trying to say that the cpu wont be doing as much while minimized, so saying that the cpu is a bottle neck here is retarted....

Huh? You should go back to school and learn some basic english then come back here and read everything what is in this quote.

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 04:21)

I just edited my old thread with every new leak/ hint pointing to GTA V on PC:

http://www.gtaforums...pic=540284&st=0

I think that by now this is more then enough proof, I explored every single detail in each of these hints and I explained their importance in a logical perspective and not just a wishful thinking.

Nice job.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:55 AM Edited by kastrenzo, 18 July 2013 - 07:57 AM.

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 04:40)
QUOTE (kastrenzo @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:31)
If PS3 GTA V had proper Mouse and Keyboard support *like the one or two other games on that platform....*, I wouldn't even blink when being told I have to wait 4-6 extra months.

If they have a frame rate varying from 45-60FPS, then it's an immediate purchase from me, I can play a game with sh*tty graphics.

It won't. I don't think there's a Gen7 game that can go above 35. It's hard realizing that if you ever came from a console background, that sub par FPS was "normal" for you back then.

I started on PC, But didn't play big games on it, stuff like the Sims, went on Xbox, PS2, Xbox 360 until about 2008, Then in 08 got a "Gaming" PC, and went from there, Now in 2013 stepping back into consoles again is painful when you're used to running games at 150-200 FPS *an absurdly high rate even for PCs* honestley once you hit 80-100, you're not really going to notice anything more in a game.

If I'm playing a serious PC game, I hope for 100, 60 is my Median, but if it goes below 50 then I'll start getting annoyed, People can argue all they want, but having a higher FPS game can directley improve your performance.

PS4/XBO fans are sh*tting their pants because these new consoles are upgrading to 1024x1024 textures and 50-60 FPS rates on some games, and that's a world of difference.
I've played a couple PC games that were stuck at 30FPS, *most notably, two rockstar games, GTAVC and LA Noire*, and the experience wasn't that bad, it all depends on the flow of it.

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

Who needs disk space when you have Steam, I'll be getting it from Steam instead though it just stays put nicely in your account which is great.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:51 AM Edited by DizzeeXL, 18 July 2013 - 09:57 AM.

QUOTE (zerofreeze @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 12:29)
Who needs disk space when you have Steam, I'll be getting it from Steam instead though it just stays put nicely in your account which is great.

Ditto, best sold game on Steam guaranteed.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 09:51)
QUOTE (zerofreeze @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 12:29)

Ditto, best sold game on Steam guaranteed.

GTA has a lot to contend With if it were on steam. But it will still sell tenfold the amount of copies as opposed to being on store shelves only

A good percentage of steam players still do nothing but TF2, Dota II, etc.

But yes, the disk space comment is bogus because A - If it's on a digital service like GOG or Steam, there is no limit, it just takes longer to download, and if it's on disk, there's still no limit, its just an annoyance, I think Half Life 2 back in like 2005 had 5 disks.

With new DVD technology, most of the time you'll rarley find a game over 2 now.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

I still am wondering why there aren't already PC games on Blu-ray discs? I mean there are BD drives for cheap nowadays. Max Payne 3 was shipped on 4 DVDs.. it's time to switch to Blu-ray but obviously it should also be on DVD as well.

It worked for the transition from CD to DVD with games like Sims and World of Warcraft.. on both mediums.

But I guess it's still too early for that since DVD is obviously still in a large minority.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 11:57)
I still am wondering why there aren't already PC games on Blu-ray discs? I mean there are BD drives for cheap nowadays. Max Payne 3 was shipped on 4 DVDs.. it's time to switch to Blu-ray but obviously it should also be on DVD as well.

It worked for the transition from CD to DVD with games like Sims and World of Warcraft.. on both mediums.

But I guess it's still too early for that since DVD is obviously still in a large minority.

Like I said, a lot of PC gamers don't even buy disk versions anymore, they just get digital.

that said, I think my drive is a CD/DVD/BluRay, I just never used it for anything except installing windows. All my games I have downloaded digitally from steam and origin.

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (Freezer89 @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 14:57)

Well I bought PC in 2011 and it doesn't support Blu-Ray disc's. I see no reason to buy BD-ROM because I woudn't be using it for anything.

aragond
  • aragond

We are the Aragond. We will bury you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (kastrenzo @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 14:31)
If PS3 GTA V had proper Mouse and Keyboard support *like the one or two other games on that platform....*

That's the entirety of the issue for me: I am ooooooooold school and cannot, no matter how much I try, play effectively on a controller.
If the consoles went keyboard/mouse, I probably wouldn't hesitate.

But they don't.
So they can bite my shiny metal ass.

user posted image

What?

What did you think I meant?

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 12:42)

Well I bought PC in 2011 and it doesn't support Blu-Ray disc's. I see no reason to buy BD-ROM because I woudn't be using it for anything.

you know you can just swap your CD/DVD drive for a CD/DVD/BD drive right?

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (kastrenzo @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 18:33)
QUOTE (DizzeeXL @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 12:42)

you know you can just swap your CD/DVD drive for a CD/DVD/BD drive right?

What do you mean swap?

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

How much does that cost nowadays?

My DVD drive was bought so long ago and was less then 30Ђ and still works like a charm.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:35 PM Edited by SilverRST, 18 July 2013 - 04:37 PM.

DVD is still the leading media option these days. Xbox360 is the console that have all games on the DVD.
Bluray, well I think it's only used for really HD movies. I don't buy any movie on a Bluray and will never buy any.
My laptop has a Bluray drive and even a Bluray-writer/rewriter but I never ever used it in these entire 4 and half years!
All software comes from the internet. The only thing I used the drive is to install ther Epson Scanner.

When I'll build a new PC, I won't bother it too have a BD drive in it. I'll just stick to the DVD drive.
And then get digital games.

haarp
  • haarp

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

plz, we must have PC news soon

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Also not to mention the DVD is much cheaper than Bluray.
If publishers would use BD, they would have to sell the games expensive and probably would get low profit.

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

I think we won't see games on BD for PC any time soon. Almost every game is going digital, if anything we will get games on USB stick, which you can't really sratch as you can DVD or BD.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by kastrenzo, 18 July 2013 - 07:53 PM.

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 16:11)
How much does that cost nowadays?

My DVD drive was bought so long ago and was less then 30Ђ and still works like a charm.

http://www.tigerdire...2667&CatId=3634
I think this is the one I have, I havent been on tigerdirect since I bought my PC.

Installation is farily simple, you just need to unscrew/unhook/unplug the CD/DVD/Whatever drive and put that in, and connect it, might be best to have a technician do it if you're completley PC Challenged.

I can't comment on how good it runs though because -I haven't even used it yet- lol, Only installed windows with it, I don't have any Bluray movies to test, bu it should be pretty straightforward.

Silver it's better off just to get the CD/DVD/BD Burners, rather than CD/DVD Drives, The burners give you the added ability to write onto disk to, for whatever reason. and they're literally the same price. A lot of manufactuerers aren't even making drives anymore, all you can get are burners now it seems, it's all the same quality.

A burner is just a drive that can Read/Write, whereas the others can only read. a BD burner is just a burner that can read BD as well as CD, DVD, Etc

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (r34ld34l @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 17:53)
I think we won't see games on BD for PC any time soon. Almost every game is going digital, if anything we will get games on USB stick, which you can't really sratch as you can DVD or BD.

There's no way people will download 16+ gigs off the internet. Maybe in the States, but definitely not in the UK. I say for the next 6 to 11 years DVD will be the main means of distributing games for PC.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 19:53)

There's no way people will download 16+ gigs off the internet. Maybe in the States, but definitely not in the UK. I say for the next 6 to 11 years DVD will be the main means of distributing games for PC.

Max Payne 3 was 35GB on PC.

Downloaded in about 3 hours, and my internet is mediocre middle class at best

Pleasure_Pier
  • Pleasure_Pier

Cult Member

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE (haarp @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 17:38)

No.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (haarp @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 18:38)

By soon you mean after the release in September, right? Because there is absolutely no f*ckin way we get some actual PC news (no rumors or leaks) before the console versions are being released. This would defeat the whole purpose of keeping the PC version a secret in favor of sales for the console versions. Like getting people to buy one just for this game because they think it won't be on PC.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

I simply can't understand why is Rockstar so bitchy.
They know that we know that the PC version will come, and it's a fact.
Yet they keep denying it to make another extra buck from fans who want the PC version but end up getting it for consoles because R* doesn't talk about PC.

Seriously Rockstar, stop being such a money whore.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 23:26)
I simply can't understand why is Rockstar so bitchy.
They know that we know that the PC version will come, and it's a fact.
Yet they keep denying it to make another extra buck from fans who want the PC version but end up getting it for consoles because R* doesn't talk about PC.

Seriously Rockstar, stop being such a money whore.

They haven't denied it. Also there's no conspiracy involving R* staying quiet about the PC version, since there's no reason for there to be one; whether people buy on console or PC, R* still get paid.

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by CharmingCharlie, 18 July 2013 - 11:42 PM.

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 20:53)

I wouldn't be too sure about that I live in the UK and buy all my games via the various digital distribution systems. I currently have 40mbps down which isn't even the best you can get in the UK. Not to mention most major releases these days offer a "pre-load" facility where you can download the vast majority of the game a couple of days before release.

I did toy with upgrading the old DVD to a BD ROM but I came to the conclusion I would never use it. I only keep a DVD drive in the PC so I can access the windows CD. Hell these days when I buy new hardware that comes with the drivers on disc I just bin the disc and download the driver from the manufacturers website.

However this is all immaterial GTA 5 on the PC will most likely come on 2 DVD's (like the Xbox 360 version). They will be able to use more compression with the PC version since the game will have to be installed to the PC to play (unlike the 360 version which only needs 1 disc installed). If they run out of space using 2 discs then I can imagine Rockstar doing an "enhanced textures" free DLC pack that you can download rather than go the 3 disc route.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Unfortunately thats what they are doing, there are companies that say in what platforms their games will be, and usually they mention PC but that will be out later, we know the drill is always like this. But Rockstar doesn't deny it but "ignores" it, we all know but they still do it, all because they think it will raise the sales. I mean it does at a small portion, but isn't such a difference. A player that have a console will get it for the console soon as he can, even if he have to wait 2 or 3 more months he would get it a way or another, those with PC's only wait for it.

Well I don't know it's their strategy and they might know best, but from the experience I have we get more respect and appreciation from those who show that they care about us, even if they don't. And the treatment we get every time shows that their main goal is the money and the money alone which is said for a company that constructed a name. I know money is the main target, but small human actions sometimes are better and get better results then strategies created by old guys dressed in suits with briefcases in their hands.

uJhatafart00
  • uJhatafart00

Zarrogante

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (Лёшенька @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 20:53)

What?? lol
I think CDs and DVDs will definitely disappear another 5 years or so. Man, we are in 2013, everything is going digital, and I mean everything, really.
If CDs and DVDs won't disappear tho, all kinda stuff like games or music that today is on CDs, will be in something smaller in the future, it are way too big and that is unfavorable in too much things.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

I think GTA:V will be on DVDs when it finally comes to PC.

However, with BOTH new consoles having Blu-ray readers, I think there's a good chance that will drive future PC releases toward BD for physical media too as games grow (assuming that there continues to be a market for games on physical media).

Of course, digital distribution is growing too and there is no doubt that sooner or later it will overtake physical distribution. It depends to what sort of sizes games will grow, because there comes a point at which asking a person to download quite so much data becomes impractical. Remember that not everyone on the planet has multi MB broadband services.

Game2048
  • Game2048

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:01 AM Edited by Game2048, 19 July 2013 - 12:09 AM.

And what that means?

How is that? Maybe you meant something else, but that's extremely dumb statement.

In Russia(which is less developed country than most of the main European countries) people from small cities can have Internet with at least 20MB/s download speed.

And with every several years their speed of Internet increases.

I'm not talking about Europe.

Welcome to XXI century

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

QUOTE (Game2048 @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 00:01)

And what that means?

How is that? Maybe you meant something else, but that's extremely dumb statement.

In Russia(which is less developed country than most of the main European countries) people from small cities can have Internet with at least 20MB/s download speed.

And with every several years their speed of Internet increases.

I'm not talking about Europe.

Welcome to XXI century

You probaly meant 20Mbps, and not 20MB/s which is 160Mbps!

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

It had not occurred to me that once both the X1 and the PS4 are full swing, BRD will be the defacto standard, and PC players will have to use steam against their own choice, otherwise get BR drives wow.gif

Because then even the microsoft games will come on those kinds of discs wow.gif

I myself, no problem, steam all the way. Perhaps that way for most - but hard-copy enthusiasts who prefer hard medium over digital download, damn, they are probably really mad, or perhaps looking forward to a reason to get a BR.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users