Photo

I'm having some trouble modding ghost town

7 replies to this topic
Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

So I recently got the MEd editor again and decided to roam around the GTA 3 map. So I find ghost town and think "What if I put things here?". So I got to work copying and pasting roads and flooring into a new IDE-IPL file and so far only put a few down. Went into the game to see if it runs, it does. Went back to MEd and put some more roads down and now the game won't load saved games or a new game. I am not entirely sure what I've placed that's making it crash. As you can tell, I'm no expert modder, I'm only really just messing around with ghost town at the moment.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it crashes when I try to load? I only managed to place a basic road layout down which isn't even finished yet.

I'd be grateful for any help on the matter, I can't tell what it is.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

Could be any one of a number of things. The first thing I would do is open your IPL and comment out all the lines for the roads you placed, so they don't spawn, then run the game. If it still crashes, check your IDE files for errors and make sure you didn't accidentally delete anything on the map that was there by default, III is very touchy about that.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

I can't imagine that I've deleted anything already there, but accidents do happen that you aren't aware of.

I'll give it a shot and see what happens, thanks for the reply!

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE (Xegethra @ Monday, Oct 29 2012, 05:24)
I can't imagine that I've deleted anything already there, but accidents do happen that you aren't aware of.

Exactly. I've saved my map in MEd, then reopened it and found half of Shoreside magically vanished before. Bugs are uncommon, but they do occur. Good luck.

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:17 PM Edited by Xegethra, 31 October 2012 - 08:03 PM.

Ouch, that must have sucked hah.

But I think I'm on the right path, I did what you suggested but it still kept crashing. Then I later found out that I had the wrong IPL selected and not my "ghosttown" one. It turns out although I thought that I was placing things in my IPL I was in fact, placing them in one of the industrial ones. So I started it all again and everything seems to be working this time so far.

I hope everything goes to plan.

And it doesn't. It keeps on freezing again, I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I am not deleting or moving what is already there, just trying to place copies of the roads down them hopefully, buildings

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Did you end up fixing this? Having exactly the same problem now cryani.gif

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

• The Yardies

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

You can't place more than 3 road objects because GTAIII's path limits. cry.gif (Paths are attached to the road objects and the path limit is already 3 away from the limit so that means that adding 3 roads causes a crash)

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Frank.s @ Monday, Dec 24 2012, 07:38)
You can't place more than 3 road objects because GTAIII's path limits. cry.gif (Paths are attached to the road objects and the path limit is already 3 away from the limit so that means that adding 3 roads causes a crash)

cry.gif Is there any way to modify this path limit?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users