Protagonist Tattoo / Leaked Pictures

55 replies to this topic
ichnixwissen
  • ichnixwissen

Grove Street Leader

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

I made a few pictures of Grand Theft Auto V / Trailer / New Leaked Pictures
and what i noticed is that the "protagonist" has a neck tattoo, but in the Trailer not.

But i think the leaked pictures are real, because the trailer is 1 year old
and the programmer added now missing details.

user posted image

I expect that we can go to tattoo-shops and get new tattoos, like SAN - ANDREAS cool.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

I think the tattoos are just for added effect/to fill blank space. Look at the fingerless gloves in IV's artwork: Without them, Niko wouldn't be doing anything with his hands

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

I think you are reading too much into the tattoo, could be that the character didn't have it at the time of the trailer or that it is a customisable option. But good post to compare the artwork to the trailer. Just makes the artwork more believable.

NikoVercetti
  • NikoVercetti

V

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Nice find, though I don't know if it indicates tattoo shops. It was probably added to add more character to the artwork, and make the subject a bit more interesting.

Zip87
  • Zip87

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'm pretty sure the guy running from the cops in the trailer is also the same person and we'll be able to get a lot of tattoos.

Romans Cousin Niko
  • Romans Cousin Niko

Troll Patrol

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

He looks like that guy a lot. Too muscular for the black guy who is robbing the truck in the screenshot.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 12:55)
I think the tattoos are just for added effect/to fill blank space.

Definitely, they'd want to create characters with a certain 'image' and tattoos usually give that effect depending on where they are placed. It also hints that we may be able to add tattoos and accessorise our protagonist.

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (NikoVercetti @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 12:06)
Nice find, though I don't know if it indicates tattoo shops. It was probably added to add more character to the artwork, and make the subject a bit more interesting.

It indicates absolutely nothing because it could still be a fake.

UncleVlad
  • UncleVlad

Vice City Stories!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

How do you even know they are the same person?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (UncleVlad @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 12:39)

He thinks they are the same.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Um, the resembalence is f*cking uncanny. bored.gif
Also, maybe tatto shops can be used, or the guy in the trailer was BETA.

countrymike84
  • countrymike84

honky tonker

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Ned Luke is the protagonist. This guy could be one of his helpers or even a mission giver. If tattoos are customizable, I doubt I'll give a tattoo to Neddie boy.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 14:39)

He thinks they are the same.

Well.. they actually do... right? As mentioned the resemblance is uncanny He is definitely the "hispanic guy"..

Also the running man from the cops is a different one in my opinion

tooformay
  • tooformay

master of corny jokes

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (countrymike84 @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 16:54)
Ned Luke is the protagonist. This guy could be one of his helpers or even a mission giver. If tattoos are customizable, I doubt I'll give a tattoo to Neddie boy.

Nope. We will have multiple protagonists.

QUOTE (UncleVlad @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 15:39)

C'mon. If you really think those guys are different persons you really should consider going to an ophthalmologist.

Spiders2410
  • Spiders2410

Master of spaghetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Everybody is so sure multaple players and just rumor!

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

DUDE the picture isn't even verified as real yet.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:00 PM Edited by Official General, 28 October 2012 - 02:03 PM.

QUOTE (Spiders2410 @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 13:58)

I bloody well hope that the multiple protagonist theory is true. I don't only wanna be playing as Ned Luke, no way.

@ Raavi

Let's not beat around the bush, it's pretty safe to say it's real, at least by looking at it. Sometimes you just know whether something is fake or not, and after a close analysis of the shots from myself, I can see no other conclusion to come to other than it's almost certainly real.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 07:00)

I bloody well hope that the multiple protagonist theory is true. I don't only wanna be playing as Ned Luke, no way.

@ Raavi

Let's not beat around the bush, it's pretty safe to say it's real, at least by looking at it.

I can't say I agree with you. It's fake until rockstar verifies it's. I admit tough a very good fake.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 14:03)

@ Raavi

Let's not beat around the bush, it's pretty safe to say it's real, at least by looking at it.

I can't say I agree with you. It's fake until rockstar verifies it's. I admit tough a very good fake.

Fair enough, it makes perfect sense to wait for conformation. Confirmed as real ? No. But is it fake ? I say it's not fake.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Here is my take on it.

Two stories.

Story 1) Ned luke character - Rich, a boss type, a leader. Purchases property, Yet still tags along on the crazy missions. Owns expensive cars, not so much customizable, but there are still options.

Story 2) The man in the red convertible. - An up and coming thug. Lives in the poorer area of los santos. Works his way up to the top. Can also buy properties, but does not come from money. A lot more customizable. Can alter physique , hair, tattoos,

The two stories sometimes interconnect (Jewelry store scene) But each has a totally different path.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:09 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 07:05)

@ Raavi

Fair enough, it makes perfect sense to wait for conformation. Confirmed as real ? No. But is it fake ? I say it's not fake.

Fair Enough. I don't like these so called 'leaks' Rockstar has a a certain "route" of marketing for their game to follow. And there is a reason why.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 14:09)

@ Raavi

Fair Enough. I don't like these so called 'leaks' Rockstar has a a certain "route" of marketing for their game to follow. And there is a reason why.

Rockstar can be the most secretive gaming development outfit in the world with a military-style release process, but that won't mean sh*t. There is too much going on and too many different kinds of people in different industries that are involved with the development and marketing of major video games, especially big ones. There will be many people getting access to inside information on really big games like GTA before they are released, all it takes is one or two persons to slip up somewhere and boom, there you have it a leak.

It is easily done.

Some months before GTA IV was first released, the subway map for Liberty City was unofficially leaked by some unknown source. There was a similar debate as to whether it was real or not, and it clearly looked real. It was real in the end as it turned out.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

Various protagonists playing out an interconnecting story, with the player having to complete a personality profile to determine which character better suits their own outlook and demeanor.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 07:15)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 14:09)

@ Raavi

Rockstar can be the most secretive gaming development outfit in the world with a military-style release process, but that won't mean sh*t. There is too much going on and too many different kinds of people in different industries that are involved with the development and marketing of major video games, especially big ones. There will be many people getting access to inside information on really big games like GTA before they are released, all it takes is one or two persons to slip up somewhere and boom, there you have it a leak.

It is easily done.

Some months before GTA IV was first released, the subway map for Liberty City was unofficially leaked by some unknown source. There was a similar debate as to whether it was real or not, and it clearly looked real. It was real in the end as it turned out.

The possibility is notably present. But I still don't think this particular leak is real.

> The PEGI rating, before the game is even rated
> The amaturistic poster board
> The odd shape of the different parts
> The source
> The style and construction of the artwork

These are just a few things that lead my to believe that it is a very good fake.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 14:20)
The style and construction of the artwork

These are just a few things that lead my to believe that it is a very good fake.

The artwork is actually what makes me believe it's real. It really does look like that "Hispanic guy" in the red car to a tee. It's too much of a co-incidence that the artwork character looks similar to the guy in the trailer.

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 07:41)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 14:20)
The style and construction of the artwork

The artwork is actually what makes me believe it's real. It really does look like that "Hispanic guy" in the red car to a tee. It's too much of a co-incidence that the artwork character looks similar to the guy in the trailer.

I am almost completely sure this so called artwork is fake. Rockstars officialy released pest controll artwork looks like it is created  from scratch by an artist who pays very much attention to detail. While the artwork with the dog looks like a photoshopped picture of a real man and a real dog with a photofilter placed over it to trick the eye into thinking it was created by an artist. As far as the background goes, it looks to me that the background is artficially placed behind the guy. Also it would be very easy to get that liquor sign out of the trailer photoshop it a bit to make it look more artistic and place it in picture.

There you said it yourself "He looks exactly like the red car guy" in other words it would be much more easily to recreate a face in photoshop if you have an example of the face. As far as your "detailed" argument goes, a real picture is detailed add some filters and magically appears an artistic looking image. Explain to me how it would be so difficult to put a photoshopped image on a poster board and take a picture of it in 2 days time? We will see who's right.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Can i ask why you are trying to convince people that its fake. Its like you actually want it to be.

No matter what you say, i know its real and other people who can use common sense can see it too. Just give it up.

GrandTheftAuto 5SA
  • GrandTheftAuto 5SA

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 14:48)
Can i ask why you are trying to convince people that its fake. Its like you actually want it to be.

No matter what you say, i know its real and other people who can use common sense can see it too. Just give it up.

let him be. You don't win a cookie if its real or fake, he'll figure it out

Raavi
  • Raavi

• Antarctica
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 07:48)

For the 100th time. No one can be 100% sure until Rockstar confirms or denies it.

@GrandTheftAuto 5SA. A lot of people gonna cry mantears if this sh*t turns out to be fake.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Versous @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 04:10)
QUOTE (NikoVercetti @ Sunday, Oct 28 2012, 12:06)

It indicates absolutely nothing because it could still be a fake.

It also indicates that it could be a fake. POSSIBLY, they could have added neck tattoos for the protag and that may be real. Or that they won't be adding tattoos to the character and this is fake. I don't think there will be tattoo shops and if it is real its just a tat the character has.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users