Photo

GTA Vice City for iOS and Android

475 replies to this topic
Lynchy-
  • Lynchy-

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

I saw some apple device users here. So I wonder if you can help me? I have a 4th gen iPod Touch and I bought this game but at random points it just freezes and kicks me off the app for no reason. So I wonder if there's any problem because it works fine on a iPad from what I've seen

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Why?! God, why does iOS games have no hierarchy at all? Actually, that's the only thing Android (OS, not devices) is better in.

BooMario
  • BooMario

Helo Mr. Snowman.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I was playing the game and i see something interesting: If you crash a car/bike too hard, even if you dont fall you lost life, this can be cool or dangerous, because i was in low hp, crashed the car and i died sad.gif

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

"Spooked ya!"

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I can't wait to pick this game up for my phone. Something to play on the way to and from the job.

Muffins
  • Muffins

Dalto11, Muffins, its whichever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Lynchy- @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 12:35)
I saw some apple device users here. So I wonder if you can help me? I have a 4th gen iPod Touch and I bought this game but at random points it just freezes and kicks me off the app for no reason. So I wonder if there's any problem because it works fine on a iPad from what I've seen

For those with iPod touch 4G's, it was common issue with GTA 3. The best thing you can do is sync your ipod, back it up, and then restore it. It sucks, I know.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE (pocket @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 02:18)
Found out that if you tap on anyone it targets them

Yep found that out too. You can also lock-on to individual cars. Tapping down on Tommy / the car you're driving will give you the reverse angle, which is done pretty well. The controls have definitely improved since GTA3 last year.

The first-person aiming in missions is a nightmare, such as the mission Phenom Penh '86. The sensitivity is horrible and it's like turning a tank. There is no options to change it either.

I also sometimes get weird FPS drops on my iPad 2, mostly after loading a new island.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

Big Mouthed Prick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (The Killa @ Monday, Dec 10 2012, 16:58)
QUOTE (pocket @ Sunday, Dec 9 2012, 02:18)
Found out that if you tap on anyone it targets them

Yep found that out too. You can also lock-on to individual cars. Tapping down on Tommy / the car you're driving will give you the reverse angle, which is done pretty well. The controls have definitely improved since GTA3 last year.

The first-person aiming in missions is a nightmare, such as the mission Phenom Penh '86. The sensitivity is horrible and it's like turning a tank. There is no options to change it either.

I also sometimes get weird FPS drops on my iPad 2, mostly after loading a new island.

You can swipe around the screen to aim faster in first person.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Nearing the end of the story and I noticed some more changes:

- Spilling the Beans includes a cutscene where you meet Paul at the Malibu and Billie Jean is playing in the background. That's now gone and replaced with Obsession which IMO is inferior to the original.
- In Two Bit Hit there's a spot in the cutscene where Avery's voice is cut but he's still moving as normal for about 3-4 seconds then it returns. The parts which involve the Cubans are wiped out completely. It's a pretty horrendous edit.
- Haven't spotted or heard the word 'Cuban' or 'Haitian' at all.
- The prices for some properties have been reduced eg. The Malibu was $120,000 but now it's $60,000 and the Pole Position was $30,000 while now it costs $15,000.
- Noticed some VCS-like smoke from the car wheels when you start moving which definitely wasn't there 10 years ago.
- If you land a jump properly, you'll get a 'Perfect' stunt bonus and then receive some quick stats to look at. The original Vice City didn't have 'and what a great landing' added to these perfect stunts but this version does.
- Howling Pete's biker emporium (across from the biker bar) now has opaque glass but is still breakable. Newcomers wouldn't have any clue as to the treasure within.
- The mission Shakedown now requires you to smash only 10 panes of glass rather than all the panes in every shop which is much too easy.
- A couple have mentioned some changes with the bike. I agree, it's much more difficult to fall off. Upon smacking into something too hard, you lose health/armor which is an odd change.
- When you're taking Phil to the hospital drunk in Boomshine Saigon, there's no longer any white fog across the screen. Just the shaky camera and delayed movements.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Man, that's sad.

QUOTE (buzbegone @ Dec 10 2012, 11:11)
- Spilling the Beans includes a cutscene where you meet Paul at the Malibu and Billie Jean is playing in the background. That's now gone and replaced with Obsession which IMO is inferior to the original.
- In Two Bit Hit there's a spot in the cutscene where Avery's voice is cut but he's still moving as normal for about 3-4 seconds then it returns. The parts which involve the Cubans are wiped out completely. It's a pretty horrendous edit.
- Haven't spotted or heard the word 'Cuban' or 'Haitian' at all.

Audio issue. Easy to restore. I would even take audio files from PS2 since there is "Running with the Night" present. Great song, btw.

- The prices for some properties have been reduced eg. The Malibu was $120,000 but now it's $60,000 and the Pole Position was $30,000 while now it costs $15,000.
- If you land a jump properly, you'll get a 'Perfect' stunt bonus and then receive some quick stats to look at. The original Vice City didn't have 'and what a great landing' added to these perfect stunts but this version does.
- The mission Shakedown now requires you to smash only 10 panes of glass rather than all the panes in every shop which is much too easy.

Script issue. Guess we could replace portable scm with PC one.

- Noticed some VCS-like smoke from the car wheels when you start moving which definitely wasn't there 10 years ago.

Particle setting. Fixable.

- Howling Pete's biker emporium (across from the biker bar) now has opaque glass but is still breakable. Newcomers wouldn't have any clue as to the treasure within.

As far as we cannot access these resources, have nothing to do with this.

- When you're taking Phil to the hospital drunk in Boomshine Saigon, there's no longer any white fog across the screen. Just the shaky camera and delayed movements.

Seem to be hardcoded.

Anyway this time R* did a trick leaving some interesting files within release archives. Hope they would be useful.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

I'm not taking fault in the changes, just pointing them out for any curious parties.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I've noticed them things too.

Completed the game and I've got to that depressing point where I'm just driving around and shooting people, should probably go outside now.

killfrenzynet
  • killfrenzynet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Can someone post your savegame (finished all missions)? Download iFunBox, go to User Applications > Vice City > Document and there you'll find your savegame.

Appreciate it.

smile.gif

byalican
  • byalican

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

+1

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Rockstar changed missions? WTF even if changes are minor, but what's the point of making Shakedown easier etc...

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 21:52)
Rockstar changed missions? WTF even if changes are minor, but what's the point of making Shakedown easier etc...

NO! panic.gif

Why would they do that? I mean the A$$et properties as well? sad.gif

Im really dissapointed with what R* have done with this game.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Because they probably realize that playing the game on such a small screen and fiddly controls is a lot harder than what is was supposed to be played on?

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Still, its not a good reason to make the game easier in my opinion.

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 15:55)

NO! panic.gif

3 times disappointed they have ruined a legend in my opinion.. angry.gif

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Making properties cheaper is useless, but it doesn't really make game easier, since money is not an issue and you should have plenty of them. But changing game to make it easier is not exactly something which I support. They should give us a bit of challenge, even if it's hard it doesn't mean that it's impossible. I just watched video about Shakedown on iOS and after few destroyed windows mission will be complete sad.gif way too easy.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ Anything 80's ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 17:01)

Maybe not for you, but may well be for other people who find the game harder than you do.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 22:08)
QUOTE (shoumic @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 15:55)

NO! panic.gif

3 times disappointed they have ruined a legend in my opinion.. angry.gif

A game as great like VC cant ever be ruined but yes it is dissapointing to see wha R* have done with the Mobile edition. I've played it on my friends iphone 5 its not bad, but it could have been better. Im going to pick it up soon as well.

@Andreaz1

I get what your're trying to say man, but the missions in VC were not really too hard to begin with, Im sure after a few fails people would have got it. Now in terms of money, people could just do a few side missions and Races to pick up cash so that shouldnt be an issue.

Leo Colt
  • Leo Colt

Psychopathic Philantrophist

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 16:15)
Making properties cheaper is useless, but it doesn't really make game easier, since money is not an issue and you should have plenty of them. But changing game to make it easier is not exactly something which I support. They should give us a bit of challenge, even if it's hard it doesn't mean that it's impossible.

I think the changes are much less about difficulty, and more aimed at making things simpler and quicker for people who play this mobile edition casually, and on the go.

Jackmackg
  • Jackmackg

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'm using Ipod touch 4G. I cant get past 2ed level. It crashes just as I get to the boat every time. And before that it crashed a lot just trying to get the first mission done. it runs from 20-1 fps most of the time. Anyone know some way to fix this?

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I seem to have found another glitch. It doesn't say the name of the Greenwood when you get in it. sad.gif

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (Andreaz1 @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 10:15)
QUOTE (shoumic @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 17:01)

Maybe not for you, but may well be for other people who find the game harder than you do.

I understand if they make some missions easier just for the sake of the touch controls being an almighty pain in the ass, but drastically reducing property prices is ridiculous. Half the fun in Vice City was having to find ways to make money to be able to purchase all properties. Now I just wipe my ass with it.

buzbegone
  • buzbegone

• Members

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (killfrenzynet @ Tuesday, Dec 11 2012, 04:41)
Can someone post your savegame (finished all missions)? Download iFunBox, go to User Applications > Vice City > Document and there you'll find your savegame.

Appreciate it.

smile.gif

Why? The majority of fun comes from the missions.

GrandTheftAutoGawler
  • GrandTheftAutoGawler

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Anyone working on any mods? smile.gif
Any screenshots of graphic tweaking?
San Andreas for VC would be amazing biggrin.gif

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Another couple screenshots...

...including a strange texture glitch involving fences, not sure if this was in the original as well:

user posted image

And some rivals chilling in MY booth:

user posted image

H.I.M.
  • H.I.M.

☻The Steaked MC. ☺

• Members

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Here is the original..And BTW what is that white color car on the first screenie?

user posted image

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (H.I.M. @ Wednesday, Dec 12 2012, 21:33)
Here is the original..And BTW what is that white color car on the first screenie?

http://img607.images.../5227/fence.jpg

I believe it was a Deluxo smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users