Photo

What you think of my new site?

7 replies to this topic
Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

So here it is http://gamersworld.freeforumsblog.com/ I would like to know some of your opinions on this new forum of my and i'm quite curious to know aswell. A help would be much appreciated.

Kind regrads.

coin-god
  • coin-god

High Roller

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

The background makes it hard to read. The sections look like a carbon copy of GTAForums.
Other than that, what did you do?

Celestail
  • Celestail

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:50 PM Edited by Celestail, 23 October 2012 - 08:29 PM.

You have to change the background, can't see some letters until i scroll but it's ok

QUOTE (goin-god)
The sections look like a carbon copy of GTAForums.
Other than that, what did you do?

Alot of forum's use similar layouts

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

No need for your background image to be over 1MB. Here is one properly compressedand is only 300K (http://imageshack.us...ackgroundec.jpg)... No noticible quality difference for what it is being used for.

As others have said you'll need to set a background colour for the boxes the text is in. Its really not good on the eyes with the text over that background like that, plus you cant make out teh dark blue links.

Remember you need a good contrast between your backgroun colour and font colour as everyones monitor is set up different. What may be readable (just) for you may be impossible for others.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:59 AM Edited by Dragonjack, 04 January 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Sorry if it looks alot like GTAF to you guys. I couldn't make a complete different one so I had to take some similar layouts from GTAF but I couldn't manage to make alot like GTAF (too hard).

@OzzySM12. The background is too big enough? In my opinion, I find it pretty awesome. smile.gif But I guess you are right and people can't even see the entire damn forum. Ill pick a much better theme and maybe a basic one. Oh and thanks aswell. icon14.gif

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (DragonJack)
Sorry if looks alot like GTAF to you guys. I couldn't make a complete different one so I had to take some similar layouts from GTAF but I couldn't manage to make alot like GTAF (too hard).

I think what goin-god meant is that you're using the exact same sub-sections used here. What use does a small gaming forum have for a GFX request section, or movie/music/writing sections?

I think you should drop most un-related sections unless your forum gets big (200+ members), the audience you're going to attract probably goes elsewhere for discussion like that.

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 01:59)
The background is too big enough? In my opinion, I find it pretty awesome. smile.gif But I guess you are right and people can't even see the entire damn forum. Ill pick a much better theme and maybe a basic one. Oh and thanks aswell. icon14.gif

I was talking about the filesize. The link I posted is the exact same picture but quarter of the filesize so it will load much much faster. Although post people have fast internet now, remeber that distance from the server can play a part as well as things like using a VPN. It took a few seconds for the background to actualy appear for me.

I like the background, but you just need to put a colour behind the text to make it readable (would say a dark grey). Look at GTAF, it has that grey background but the forums are blue behind any parts containing text so that you can read the white text easily.

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:44 AM Edited by Dragonjack, 04 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

So i've asked a few members in other different forums regrading about my new forum. They were saying this..

"I recomend WebLyte.com hosting. Also, get the domain from http://www.gossimer.com/

Get rid of phpbb. It's so f*cking bad. If you can, get your hands on XenForo or IPB. If you can't, use MyBB."

I'm not really kind of a person that buys "paid hosting" stuff on the internet or whatever they were suggesting. Any ideas about this "paid hosting" forums? Because I haven't really known about this in the first place btw. confused.gif

@OzzySM12. http://gamersworld.freeforumsblog.com/ Any differences from the last one? It took me some time aswell. The sections that I made, is a bit out of its place. But ill be surely look into that soon once I have free time.

EDIT* I know what i'm doing now. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users