Photo

GTA V Missions

15 replies to this topic
noobtom
  • noobtom

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:44 AM

I remember doing missions in GTA IV where in most of the missions all you had to do was find or chase after someone and kill him, this is what made the GTA IV storyline extremely boring.

When you compare GTA IV missions with San Andreas missions you can see why majority of people that think SA storyline was better.

So what can we expect in GTA V? More of the same? What type of missions do you think we will get in GTA V?

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

Well hopefully there is more variety, i don't think it will be like San Andreas, but more varied than IV.

- Burglary missions
- Plane missions (Dropping off cargo/drug runs)
- More races, way more races! And make them difficult, IV's races were a joke.
- Extortion missions, kinda like San Andreas where you had the guy tied to the bonnet.
- Stalking missions with something like a 'Spook-o-meter'. I remember IV had one of those missions, but it lacked the meter.
- Missions Like the one in TBOGT where you ran from the cops in 3 hotted up cars and then jumped across these bucket things that were in the ocean, that was fun.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:06 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 22 October 2012 - 07:10 AM.

QUOTE (noobtom @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 17:44)
I remember doing missions in GTA IV where in most of the missions all you had to do was find or chase after someone and kill him, this is what made the GTA IV storyline extremely boring.

When you compare GTA IV missions with San Andreas missions you can see why majority of people that think SA storyline was better.

So what can we expect in GTA V? More of the same? What type of missions do you think we will get in GTA V?

I think there's a huge distinguishing difference between the "storyline" and "missions". The story is what's shown in the cutscenes. It's not the missions themselves. A lot of people like the GTA IV story just not the missions.

Anyway I don't mind if the mission style meets hallfway between SA and GTA IV. I'm seriously thinking car chases will be a huge part of GTA V. I mean it always has, but something tells me we're going to be doing a hell of a lot of escaping from enemies than usual.

The trailer gives me a "Heat" vibe.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

I want a big robbery that we actually get away with. Is anyone else sick of shootouts? Just once, I'd like to rob a bank and not have to go through the tired, predictable process of taking out an army of cops.
I think having a team tunnel under a bank and steal from it at night would be awesome, but the process of tunneling would take almost the entire game, because you'd be working out of a modest suburban house and having to dig your way through most of Los Santos.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 18:11)
I want a big robbery that we actually get away with. Is anyone else sick of shootouts? Just once, I'd like to rob a bank and not have to go through the tired, predictable process of taking out an army of cops.
I think having a team tunnel under a bank and steal from it at night would be awesome, but the process of tunneling would take almost the entire game, because you'd be working out of a modest suburban house and having to dig your way through most of Los Santos.

Not just that, but what about a drug deal that goes according to plan? Why does it ALWAYS get botched? It would be a nice change of pace expecting to end up in a shootout and it doesn't.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Yes! That is a good idea, it would be nice to escape for once.
I would also love to see missions where you don't actually get the guy you are chasing, say you are having a shooting car chase, then a cutscene hits, they shoot out your tyres, car goes sideways and smacks into a pole, you and whoever else was in the car slowly crawl out, injured, the guy you were chasing however escaped.

dooshtoomun
  • dooshtoomun

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Yeah I agree about GTA 4 having too many chasing missions. Got old quick.

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 01:15)

Not just that, but what about a drug deal that goes according to plan? Why does it ALWAYS get botched? It would be a nice change of pace expecting to end up in a shootout and it doesn't.

This! And if we're trying to go in silent on someone, can we let the mission stay stealthy? Why must every mission turn into a clusterf*ck.

JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

I think we'll definitely be getting a robbery mission since we see the team of guys going into the shop. Also, there is the plane that goes over those people working in the fields. I think that's from a mission. They could be illegal immigrants or something and you gotta go fly over there and poison them with whatever that is the plane is dropping.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 07:15)

If R* did this, I'm sure people will not see it comming.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

I disagree. I think GTA IV had too many shootout missions. However, some of them were fun (Late Checkout, Three Leaf Clover, To live and die in Alderney) But Some were just repetitive. I think Rockstar liked the new cover system so they wanted to use it as much as possible. I hope there's more of a variety of missions in V

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

I agree with OP.

Killing people in basically EVERY mission is GTA IV. I have been doing that since 1997. Common, we need more creative missions.

In my opinion GTA IV had a excellent storyline that felt way more mature than in any other GTA game.

But the missions... were repetetive, and to often involved to go from one point to another, kill a bunch of peope, and go back. And you could ALWAYS figure out what would happen. Instinctly, you could tell what the result would be in some mission. And often the result was: You have to kill everyone.

San Andreas had sneak missions, burglary, stalking, more races.. Vice City had a mission where you had to scare a jury by smashing up their cars. Other missions involved drug runs and simply transporting people. Even GTA LCS had more creative missions. In one mission you had to take photographs of a certain man.. TBoGT had some better missions outside of story, some involving to take a firetruck and wash away paparazzi and drug runs sometimes didnt include - believe it or not - killing a dozen of people.

Another problem is that people always know who you are and start shooting at you. And you barely have any choice in the story. The few choices that you had was basically ''Deal or no deal'' ''Kill or save''. But moreover, there was not much freedom of choice and sometimes it felt to scripted.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

• Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:46 PM Edited by Miamivicecity, 22 October 2012 - 12:50 PM.

QUOTE (Cyper @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 22:22)
I agree with OP.

Killing people in basically EVERY mission is GTA IV. I have been doing that since 1997. Common, we need more creative missions.

In my opinion GTA IV had a excellent storyline that felt way more mature than in any other GTA game.

But the missions... were repetetive, and to often involved to go from one point to another, kill a bunch of peope, and go back. And you could ALWAYS figure out what would happen. Instinctly, you could tell what the result would be in some mission. And often the result was: You have to kill everyone.

San Andreas had sneak missions, burglary, stalking, more races.. Vice City had a mission where you had to scare a jury by smashing up their cars. Other missions involved drug runs and simply transporting people. Even GTA LCS had more creative missions. In one mission you had to take photographs of a certain man.. TBoGT had some better missions outside of story, some involving to take a firetruck and wash away paparazzi and drug runs sometimes didnt include - believe it or not - killing a dozen of people.

Another problem is that people always know who you are and start shooting at you. And you barely have any choice in the story. The few choices that you had was basically ''Deal or no deal'' ''Kill or save''. But moreover, there was not much freedom of choice and sometimes it felt to scripted.

Not all missions were about killing. "I'll Take Her" was probably the best non-killing mission in the whole game IMO. I agree there were a lot of killing based missions, but Niko was a hitman afterall.

Besides there were a few missions where killing a target wasn't always done the same way.

I'll give a few examples.

"Call & Collect"- I loved this mission because you had to identify your target in a crowd by ringing his phone. Classic hitman style.

"Lure"- There were two ways to do this. Either by calling him so he'd come to the window or by shooting the window out to get his attention.

"Flatline"- Another classic hitman style mission. You dressed up as a doctor in scrubs and could either pull the lead on the target's life support or use force.

There are others, but I can't be bothered going into details. To me most of the repetition came from the large scale shootouts. Killing one target was typically different each time, but as I said Niko was a hitman.

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

I think making original missions is one of the most difficult challenges for R*.

And i think that they know that as well, and they are probably doing their very best to make sure the missions will have some diversity in them.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

I feel GTA IV Tbogt put the diverity of the missions back into the HD era and wont be surprised if they continue this in V

For E.G

That mission For a man who has everything, you stole part of a train

Also in another one you had to drop the celebinator of the parachute then catch him

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (shoumic @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 13:03)
I feel GTA IV Tbogt put the diverity of the missions back into the HD era and wont be surprised if they continue this in V

For E.G

That mission For a man who has everything, you stole part of a train

Also in another one you had to drop the celebinator of the parachute then catch him

Yeah, and when you jumped across from boats to boats with Brucie and Mori. I loved that mission

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users