Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would It Bother You If A Gta Protagonist Was Gay

135 replies to this topic

Poll: Would It Bother You If A Future Gta protagonist Was Gay? (209 member(s) have cast votes)

Would It Bother You If A Future Gta protagonist Was Gay?

1. Yes (93 votes [48.95%])

Percentage of vote: 48.95%

2. No (97 votes [51.05%])

Percentage of vote: 51.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:20 AM Edited by Valenta, 02 June 2013 - 03:31 AM.

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 07:03)
QUOTE (thegtaman531 @ Friday, May 31 2013, 12:21)
QUOTE (huevos_benedicto_180 @ Friday, May 10 2013, 20:05)
This thread is very worrying. Half of GTA's fans are homophobes. f*cking hell.

Oh, were homophobes because we don't think a gay protagonist would suit the gta theme?
People have become so overprotective of gays.

I actually agree. Just because people don't necessarily think it would be suitable as a character doesn't mean they don't like us. I understand why people would be hesitant at the idea of a gay protagonist. In fact, even I am. It would be very hard to properly execute having a gay protagonist without either screwing up the character and making the game unenjoyable or creating a huge amount of controversy surrounding the game.

Agreed. It's just too risky. That said, I wouldn't mind it if they ever did create a gay protagonist.

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Mission of The week Leader

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

I Have no problems with Gay people. I Actually find them very funny.. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
But playing as a Gay Man? c'mon! i just said that they are funny. SO... i would not buy
a GTA Featuring a gay protagonist.

@Justin Bieber: No Offense

drscot
  • drscot

Step Into My World

• Members

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 08:35)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 09:03)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 17:31)
Yes. I hate gay people with a passion.

May I ask what it is that makes you hate ALL of them? That's a big generalization to say you dislike all gays men.

It's just not natural for men to like other men.

Which is why homosexuality is seen in almost every animal species, yet homophobia only in one.

I'm with the first couple of posters to be honest, I am incredibly liberal and pro-gay rights, but a gay Grand Theft Auto protagonist wouldn't do it for me, it doesn't fit the vibe, although Gay Tony was a very interesting character - there needs to be a very normal, average guy kind of influence over the game, and I don't think a gay protagonist would provide it smile.gif

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:46 AM Edited by Happyness, 24 June 2013 - 12:25 PM.

--- i was an asshole ---

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 18:46)
I voted yes, I wouldn't want to play as a gay protagonist, not my cup of tea and would definitely not purchase GTA just because of that, call me a narrow-minded but it's my opinion and it's my right to it, I don't like gay people, okay? They can practice their own little things in private but not in front of me.

Nature's way is a woman + a man = another human, not a man + a man or a woman + a woman, I don't approve of either lesbian or gay or whatever. As long as they're not acting weird in front of it's fine.

I can't believe it, if you don't like gays you're a homophobic, fine by me, call me a homophobic I don't care.

http://imgflip.com/i/1pycc
How is it not "nature's way"? If homosexuality occurs naturally and is not forced upon someone then it obviously is.
Why do we have to follow nature's way?
What is nature's way?
Is all man-made material not "nature's way" and therefore inferior?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Forum Drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

If you don't want to follow the path of vagina, then by all means.. go for the opposite. But he's entitled to his opinion, so are you, lzw3.

I for one would not want to play as a homosexual in GTA. I pay to play as some badass to go around causing hell in a city where as I can't in real-life due to legal reasons. So why in the hell would I want to blow sh*t up as a man wearing a tutu? Doesn't make sense to me, not my calling. I would not buy any GTA game that had a homosexual as a lead character. Homophobic? Yeah.. sh*t happens.

Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve = and I don't even have religion. smile.gif

Secura
  • Secura

Enigmatic Wanderer.

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:42 PM Edited by Lightning Strike, 05 June 2013 - 11:22 PM.

QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 08:46)
I voted yes, I wouldn't want to play as a gay protagonist, not my cup of tea and would definitely not purchase GTA just because of that, call me a narrow-minded but it's my opinion and it's my right to it, I don't like gay people, okay? They can practice their own little things in private but not in front of me.

Nature's way is a woman + a man = another human, not a man + a man or a woman + a woman, I don't approve of either lesbian or gay or whatever. As long as they're not acting weird in front of it's fine.

I can't believe it, if you don't like gays you're a homophobic, fine by me, call me a homophobic I don't care.

You do realise that every single species that's actually sexual in nature contains homosexuals? No clearly you didn't because if you did you wouldn't be going around spewing such idiotic, narrow-minded and bigoted nonsense everywhere.

More than that thought, this is a game! The game character's not real, so how can something that isn't sentient in anyway or form prevent you from buying the game? I'm sorry but you're rather homophobic and your behaviour here is more than enough to prove that you need some sort of eye opening experience, because if you don't get one you'll end up remaining a bigoted tosspot that simply can't understand that homosexuality is entirely natural.

Regardless, I personally think that playing as a homosexual character would be interesting but in a Grand Theft Auto game I don't really think that the protagonists' sexual preferences have ever really played a major or really minor role. I remember that in Bully you could even make the main character Jimmy Hopkins engage in acts that were homosexual in their nature and I realised that while that option was always present it was never forced on the protagonist, in fact throughout the entirety of the Grand Theft Auto series the main characters sexual promiscuity has never really been a factor.

I really have no idea how they would implement such a thing and I think that it's entirely probable that a number of GTA characters such as Claude for example could possibly be gay but we would never even know about it. It really does show you how little the sex of the character or whether they're hetro, homo or asexual really doesn't matter or play into the story in the slightest. Yes of course sex and nudity have always been rather integral parts of the Grand Theft Auto formula but if they for example gave you the ability to screw male prostitutes I really doubt that anyone with a functioning brain would give a damn.

BigMouthPrick
  • BigMouthPrick

Gta Iv Is better Than San Andreas And Vice city Combined :D

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Absolutely not rockstar are known for trying new things and breaking the boundaries so I think it would be a great idea just don't make him flamboyant.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:27 AM Edited by Happyness, 24 June 2013 - 12:25 PM.

---- i was an asshole ----

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 16:27)
QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 01:42)
QUOTE (Happyness @ Tuesday, Jun 4 2013, 08:46)

You do realise that every single species that's actually sexual in nature has homosexual creatures inside it? No clearly you didn't because if you did you wouldn't be going around spewing such idiotic, narrow-minded and bigoted nonsense everywhere.

Sorry pal to disappoint you, but not everyone agrees with your pathetic views, you're clearly the narrow-minded bigoted and the one who throws idiotic accusations because one does not agree with your pro-gay views. I don't like what they're doing, it's my own opinion and I am entitled to it! Problem with that, lad?

I respect people, like I mentioned, as long as they keep their actions to themselves. But as soon as they start to act weird around me, then I flip my sh*t. If you got nothing else to comment, then don't. I can't believe how bigoted can you be just because I don't agree with your views, wow. *claps*

I am done with this pro-gay anti-gay sh*t.

http://imgflip.com/i/1pycc
You don't even make any sense.
you're clearly the narrow-minded bigot[ed]

Do you even know what you're saying?
I don't approve of either lesbian or gay

That is what being a bigot is.
But as soon as they start to act weird around me, then I flip my sh*t.

It sounds like you flipped your sh*t years ago. If you sound as stupid in real life as you do on this forum then I can assure you you would be the last person a gay guy would want to get with.

jykl
  • jykl

Buttmunch

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:30 AM

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It'd be an interesting shift in perspective if it's worked well into the plot. Florian and Tony both faced sh*t in the IV era so it'd be cool to see how someone else would handle that.

Hot coffee mods would get weird, though.

asitsaysinthebook
  • asitsaysinthebook

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

Being gay would be fine. I don't think rockstar would make a Bernie-stereotype-protag, and they wouldn't have to seeing as being a gay man doesn't necessarily make you a feminine man.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by Happyness, 24 June 2013 - 12:26 PM.

--- i was an asshole ---

gionascm2
  • gionascm2

Pedantic Perfectionist with a slight case of OCD

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

I can imagine that it might bother me, since I like to play as a protagonist that I have similarities with. That's not to say I can't relate to a gay protagonist, though - there could be a gay protagonist that otherwise acts/thinks exactly like I do, for all I know. Its just that homosexuality has some huge weight against the positives. A notable part of GTA is women - strip clubs, protagonist flirty pickup lines, and even the GTA girl that every GTA has (IV = lollipop chick, V = iFruit). I just wouldn't feel comfortable with GTA VI having the next GTA girl like this.

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

No, especially if he is one of three characters. I can already see all the backlash from the community... I would actually really like to have a gay protagonist or a female, nobody does that.

TheKrigeron
  • TheKrigeron

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

I heard TBGOT did that guess I was wrong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users