Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would It Bother You If A Gta Protagonist Was Gay

135 replies to this topic

Poll: Would It Bother You If A Future Gta protagonist Was Gay? (209 member(s) have cast votes)

Would It Bother You If A Future Gta protagonist Was Gay?

1. Yes (93 votes [48.95%])

Percentage of vote: 48.95%

2. No (97 votes [51.05%])

Percentage of vote: 51.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Karl Pilkington
  • Karl Pilkington

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:36 AM

Have a think sly.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Seeking and Destroying since 1997...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Okay, first I want to put it out there that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay in my opinion, so don't take the following in the wrong way.

I would strongly dislike playing as a gay man. I want to play as a tough guy who slays all the bitches. A gay man wouldn't do this (obviously).

I know that there is such thing as a gay tough guy but I would prefer to play as an average middle-aged man than someone gay. smile.gif

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 05:07)
Okay, first I want to put it out there that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay in my opinion, so don't take the following in the wrong way.

I would strongly dislike playing as a gay man. I want to play as a tough guy who slays all the bitches. A gay man wouldn't do this (obviously).

I know that there is such thing as a gay tough guy but I would prefer to play as an average middle-aged man than someone gay. smile.gif

I'm with you.

Is it too much to ask for just an average dude as a protagonist? Thankfully, Rockstar seems to understand this sentiment and hasn't forced a "radical" change on the protagonist trope.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

Yes. I hate gay people with a passion.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 17:31)

May I ask what it is that makes you hate ALL of them? That's a big generalization to say you dislike all gays men.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

It depends. If he was one of that annoying gay guys who flys around the street demanding for equal rights in there tight pink outfits, then yes. If it was a guy who was gay but outside was an awesome badass i guess it would be okay.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 09:03)

May I ask what it is that makes you hate ALL of them? That's a big generalization to say you dislike all gays men.

It's just not natural for men to like other men.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

I don't think so, but it will bother me if we can't date girls, i know it's unrealistic but i don't care, i don't want to date guys, story-wise? i don't think it will make that much of a difference really, unless he acts/talks like Bernie from IV, will be annoying.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:47 AM Edited by Cyper, 22 October 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Do I like gay people? I neither like or dislike. The way I see it there is no gay people only people. Whenever it's natural or not to be gay is for me irrelevant. You are what you are, and you never choose it, and even if it would be possible to choose it, everyone has the right to do so. Telling that someone has the 'wrong feelings' is ignorant and lacks in logic.

It is natural to be homosexual? According to science it is not unnatural and it is common in other animals than humans. The kind of people that tends to dislike or even hate homosexual humans is quite interesting to study demographically; Libya, Iran, Russia, Eritrea, and South Africa, and to a certain extent the U.S, does not want it to be accepted in society. Pretty much based on religion, lack of education, and other rubbish. And I can't blame these people. If one believe that society should be built upon thousand-years old books that pretty much tells everything. It should be based on modern philosophy and science. To many people take God to seriously and try to force this opinion on others. Anyone who believe that God created the world must either be very stupid or ignorant. Then if that's not true, what's the reason to justify God. I also believe that those who are uncertain of their own sexuality may feel scared/offended by homosexuality.

Fortunately, we've managed to kick God's a$$ out of Sweden since religion is almost non-existant.

If I was to play as a gay character in GTA V it would feel weird indeed since I wouldn't relate to him or her. The best way to solve such a problem would however be to give the ability to date both women and men, without deliberately defining the character as 'gay' or 'straight'.

I wouldn't mind it if:

a) It's not a stereotype

b) You can still date women.

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Who would like to play as gay? Seriously I doubt there is anyone who would like that...

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

No. How would hooker work? No gay guy would f*ck a hooker and get her money.

Haashir911
  • Haashir911

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

The Hell ?

I Wouldn't Play it Mate...

@Cyper There's No Need to Say this Kind of Stuff, It Gets Offensive if you Say this to Any Person of a Religion, So Please Do Not Say this Stuff, Everyone Has their own Beliefs

huevos_benedicto_180
  • huevos_benedicto_180

Spring 2013

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Homosexual criminal characters have always been intriguing (like the guy in Sopranos), and if the main character in a GTA game was gay then it could be very interesting indeed.

I'm all for it.

aliaseedful
  • aliaseedful

Living and dying in Alderney

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

I'd love it, but not if he was the pink streamers and thongs guy.

Even as a partially gay man I can't stand them...

f*ck, I chose that it would bother me. ._.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 18:35)
QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 09:03)

It's just not natural for men to like other men.

It's natural for them...

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

AMF Associate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

I think it would be an interesting plot element to have a protagonist as a tough mobster but on the inside he is gay but denying it

Big B0ss
  • Big B0ss

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

None at all

TOMAHAWKS
  • TOMAHAWKS

Brimstone Quick-draw Champion

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

HELL TO THE f*ck YEAH IT WOULD BOTHER ME! I strongly disapprove of homosexuality, even though it's cool for women, I don't tolerate that sh*t. Over here in Connecticut we stomp the gay kids out and take their money, so I guess you can say I have grown up in an anti-gay environment. My answer is is yes, it would bother me. Not looking to start a debate with internet vigilanties that are the sworn protectors of gays, but I'm just giving my foolish insight.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Karl Pilkington @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 04:36)
Have a think sly.gif

Yes it would bother me. I don't want to be force to play as him. I hated Niko's friend in IV who was gay. I just feel gay people don't go with nature.

aliaseedful
  • aliaseedful

Living and dying in Alderney

• Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (TOMAHAWKS @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 23:49)
HELL TO THE f*ck YEAH IT WOULD BOTHER ME! I strongly disapprove of homosexuality, even though it's cool for women, I don't tolerate that sh*t. Over here in Connecticut we stomp the gay kids out and take their money, so I guess you can say I have grown up in an anti-gay environment. My answer is is yes, it would bother me. Not looking to start a debate with internet vigilanties that are the sworn protectors of gays, but I'm just giving my foolish insight.

WOW, you are an idiot.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (aliaseedful @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 01:33)

WOW, you are an idiot.

Hey, like he said, it's just his insight on it.

Not everyone has to approve of homosexuality.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

Meh... but I hope R* doesn't do it because of Bernie / Florean. I know R* likes stereotypes but they did it in such an annoying way, it was overkill and just pathetic of R*.

They already had Niko go on a date with a dude, did people care?

Plus the character is only gay or straight if you have to date men or women, if dating isn't forced on you then it wouldn't matter.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 05:17)
QUOTE (aliaseedful @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 01:33)

WOW, you are an idiot.

Hey, like he said, it's just his insight on it.

Not everyone has to approve of homosexuality.

True, but he doesn't have to act like a homophobic asshole.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (TOMAHAWKS @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 00:49)

This.
I probably wouldn't even look at the game if the protagonist was gay.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 08:47)

This.

Oh alright then. Because a character would make you not play a game,even if it has the best gameplay ever. Nice logic.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (DarrinPA @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 06:02)
Meh... but I hope R* doesn't do it because of Bernie / Florean. I know R* likes stereotypes but they did it in such an annoying way, it was overkill and just pathetic of R*.

They already had Niko go on a date with a dude, did people care?

Plus the character is only gay or straight if you have to date men or women, if dating isn't forced on you then it wouldn't matter.

I think Bernie was done with his annoying nature in mind - even Niko says multiple times in his missions to shut up. It was a play on the stereotype. In some moments, Bernie shows his actual self, Florian. He was a good character IMO.

02fishera
  • 02fishera

PSN ID: TeamTango91

• The Yardies
  • England

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Tuesday, Oct 23 2012, 08:47)

This.

Wow, you're both f*cking morons.

@TOMAHAWKS - Don't put your attitude down to growing up in an anti-gay community. The fact that you think it's okay for women to have gay rights but not men suggests that you're bullsh*tting and are nothing more than a homophobic ass.

@theomenofficial - I saw on your profile that you're only 13, but even so I wouldn't use that as an excuse for being so close minded. My 9 year old brother has more tolerance than you. Grow up, open your eyes to the world and come back only when you can finally string together a valid argument.

Both of you might want to invest in some crutches or something, because at the moment, neither of your arguments have a leg to stand on.

OT - I'd have no issue with a gay protagonist, after all most of them are perfectly normal. Just because they have a certain sexual orientation, it doesn't mean that they have different mannerisms to those of a straight person. Besides, gay people are having more and more of an influence on pop culture.

Take Neil Patrick Harris and Jim Parsons for example. Both play two of the most popular characters on TV. NPH plays the role of the womanising Barney Stinson perfectly, often leading to surprised reactions from people when they find out he is gay. Also, people didn't just stop watching The Big Bang Theory after Jim Parsons came out of the closet not too long ago.

ZoomZoom
  • ZoomZoom

Banned on request

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 05:07)

^Amen to this post..same here...

What I find is difficulty to try to imagine a tough gay guy is like imagining a poor Bill Gates or a dumpy Tendulkar.. dontgetit.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

LS1 powered

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

You guys do realize not every homosexual is like Bernie? What about Tony? Infact I wish he was the protagonist intead of Luis.

The problem with these threads is it reminds me of high school when everyone would call eachother gay and act like immature asses about it. Yes even I done it. Not all gay people jump around like fairies with pink as their favourite colour.

One way R* could do it is he tries to hide it, but as the game progresses his denial that he's really gay pushes him to the edge. It would add a whole new layer of personaility and depth IMO.

I don't have a problem with a gay protagonist. Aslong as he's interesting.

ClaudeSpeedRulez
  • ClaudeSpeedRulez

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:29 PM

A lesbian protagonist would be even more interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users