Your favourite dashboards

192 replies to this topic
Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None

Posted A week ago

Ooops. Didn't realise that was the gear shift. Not from America so you can understand, right? :D

I thought gear shifts on the steering wheel had fallen in disfavour, even in North America.

My car has a steering wheel gear shift, though.

Steering wheel shifters are boss. Is yours a manual? 

Yes, a five speed manual.

• Marwin Moody likes this

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted A week ago

Subaru BR-Z

BRZ_2014_Int_Dashboard.jpg

2008 Ford Explorer

2008_ford_explorer_dashboard.jpg

2014 Mustang

2014_ford_mustang_dashboard.jpg

• BigJoe_1 and maxpaynefan like this

SpeederX96
  • SpeederX96

100% GTA V & 49/49 Achievements

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

2003 Nissan 350Z
nissan-350z-interior-wallpaper-yjhrpzg9.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 6 days ago Edited by visionist, 6 days ago.

I'm not sure on the AMG GT's dash. It's obviously expensively put-together from the best materials, but the iPad multimedia screen is still cheesy (why can't they use an ultra thin OLED with pixels right to the edge of the screen?), and the styling of the centre console (meant to ape the car's eight cylinders) needs to grow on me. The outside on the other hand...

Mercedes-Benz-AMG_GT_2016_1600x1200_wall

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I'm not sure on the AMG GT's dash. It's obviously expensively put-together from the best materials, but the iPad multimedia screen is still cheesy (why can't they use an ultra thin OLED with pixels right to the edge of the screen?), and the styling of the centre console (meant to ape the car's eight cylinders) needs to grow on me. The outside on the other hand...

Mercedes-Benz-AMG_GT_2016_1600x1200_wall

I'm sick of Mercedes sticking those ugly screens on everything. They did it to the CLS without even changing the dashboard and it looks so out of place.

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by epoxi, 4 days ago.

Is it a touch-screen? I hate the idea of a touch-screen while driving. They are fiddly and distracting enough when holding in your hand.

I don't care if the whole dashboard ends up covered in buttons, but every function should have physical controls the driver can use without looking at, otherwise it takes way too much attention off the road.
  • visionist and Marwin Moody like this

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 4 days ago

I want older Saabs now: 
470466-L.jpg

Dan2.jpg

I'm in love with the function over form thing going on here + Column shifter = automatic win

• visionist likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Is it a touch-screen?

No and thank god it's not. I'm glad German brands tend to stay away from touch screens. I too like having a sh*t ton of buttons.

• epoxi likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 4 days ago

Yeah, buttons are much more simple and effective to use than touch screens. In fact, touch screens could be labeled as borderline dangerous. But I wouldn't mind a mix of both. Buttons for the usual stuff and touch screen for a built-in navigation system or something.

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 days ago

Yeah, buttons are much more simple and effective to use than touch screens. In fact, touch screens could be labeled as borderline dangerous. But I wouldn't mind a mix of both. Buttons for the usual stuff and touch screen for a built-in navigation system or something.

Yeah, with touch screen you have to actually take your eyes off the road to operate it. With buttons you can keep eyes on the road and go by feel. Still kinda distracting but not nearly as much.

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

My favorite right now?

2015-mercedes-benz-s65-amg-coupe-interio

Bentley doesn't even come close as far as design.
  • epoxi, visionist and FranklinDeRoosevelt like this

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 21 hours ago Edited by visionist, 21 hours ago.

The back seat's nice too. Dem speaker grilles. But why aren't the rear seats ventilated?

Mercedes-Benz-S550_Coupe_2015_1600x1200_

Edit: I remember me and my stepfather sampling a C215 with the M275 and I was squeezed into the back thanks to an absolute C*nt of a dealer who wouldn't even let my stepdad drive the f*cking thing. He put his seat all the way back to crush my legs. W*nker.

• Sting4S likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 9 hours ago

I always thought they were ventilated. Oh well. It's much nicer back their tham it is in the Continental GT, and it can fit a 6 foot adult. The Continental GT can barely fit a 5 foot 6 guy like me lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users