» «
Photo

Beta Script

33 replies to this topic
selmas
  • selmas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:30 PM Edited by selmas, 01 November 2012 - 11:43 AM.

I wrote all the text from the image posted by Rockstar with GTA3 and GTA4 script. I couldn't understand everything so please try to read yourself and tell me if I written incorrectly any part of the script or if you see different the text or think it's something else. I will update the topic because it is important to understand exactly what the image text says because it has some beta unheard things.

user posted image

Intro A: Betrayal (A)

PLAYER gang found out into alleyway from a bank job. Two of the gang run-off. the PLAYER stays to let off both hands to disable
any camera. PLAYER runs after his gang members, he sounds the corner to find CATALINA standing over the body of the other.

CATALINA: Sorry babe. I'm an ambitious girl and you you're just small time... (sounding patronising)

CATALINA then shoots the PLAYER moves. She grabs the cash and then stands over the dying PLAYER. Just then MIGUEL join up in a sports car.

MIGUEL: Catalina! Move your ass!

CATALINA runs over and hops into the car as it pulls away.

Intro B: Jail Break (A)

8-BALL and PLAYER found out on the bridge. 8-BALL runs the GUARD with a huge punch.

8-BALL: God! Damn that hurt! Alright, we've got no time to waste, let's get the hell out here!

Give Me Liberty (D) @ Luigi's Club

Having just escaped 8-BALL and PLAYER are looking for refuge. 8-BALL is quite anxious to get some answer.

8-BALL: I know a place on the edge of the Red Light District
Where we can lay low, but my hands are badly burned
So you'll have to drive.

8-BALL: This is the place! Let's get off the street and find a change of clothes!

They approach the hide out.

8-BALL: I know a guy, he's connected. Name's Luigi. Me an' him go back, so I could probably get you some work. C'mon, let's drop by and I'll introduce you.

- now the other paper shown in the picture-

Gang Mission Briefs Gang Mission Images from E. Burro
DIABLOS Created on OCTOBER 06.09.46
  • SpeedMaster14 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Other than the dialogue changed, I don't see any difference. But f*ck it, good work!

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

Good job smile.gif It may be a dumb question, but how did you read it? Because even if I zoom it, I can't see nothing.

selmas
  • selmas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:54 PM Edited by selmas, 21 October 2012 - 01:03 PM.

@Th3MaN1: There's new dialogues (Catalina! Move your ass!), modified ones (but my hands are badly burned) and removed things (the cutscene with the bomb exploding). And it's not changed: it's how it was originally before the final release.
@0909090: I read it with the magnifier (real-life not the PC zoom). I analysed it for at least 1 month to understand it.

So I need your help people. The recognized text by me is incorrectly in some places and may not be exactly what it is in the photo so try to read yourself and tell me what you saw / what you think. I want to obtain the exact beta script from that picture.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

So lol. It is normal.

Haashir911
  • Haashir911

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 14:11)
So lol. It is normal.

There are A Few Changes, But Good Job Nonetheless

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

Good job man.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

WOW! Great find, man! Mind telling where did you get these?

P.S. Unfortunately, I cannot read the text in the picture itself. You were lucky to 'decrypt' it!

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 19:40)
WOW! Great find, man! Mind telling where did you get these?

P.S. Unfortunately, I cannot read the text in the picture itself. You were lucky to 'decrypt' it!

If I remeber, R* gave us that image at an "Asked and Answered"(or whatever it's called)

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hmm... I might as well take a look there...

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Wait, so it's confirmed 8-Ball's hands are burned now, right? As far as I know previously the reason he had bandages on was unknown...

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

It was, actually confirmed, in the Liberty Tree article - but there it stated that a police officer poured a pot of boiling fat onto his hands during the raid on his apartment - and that, naturally, caused severe burns.

However, in GTA Advance, we get another version - during an assault on the protagonist, who was along with 8-Ball at the time, the Colombians burned 8-Ball's hands with a Flamethrower, as well as causing him severe injuries - leading to him being captured by the police upon the protagonist fleeing the scene.

In either version, the way 8-Ball's hands were burnt is credible enough, and as of GTA III, the fact is that he had burns on his hands.

That's all I can tell.

Dingleman
  • Dingleman

SA:LC Mod Leader

• Members

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (selmas @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 22:30)
CATALINA: Sorry babe. I'm an ambitious girl and you you're just small time... sounding interesting!

I think this line should be:

Sorry babe. I'm an ambitious girl and you, you're just small time... (sounding patronising)

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:52 AM

More and more BETA info, this just keeps getting better and better! biggrin.gif

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (dingleman @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 09:30)
QUOTE (selmas @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 22:30)
CATALINA: Sorry babe. I'm an ambitious girl and you you're just small time... sounding interesting!

I think this line should be:

Sorry babe. I'm an ambitious girl and you, you're just small time... (sounding patronising)

That would see, like the more plausible option.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (dingleman @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 02:30)

Yep, that's the actual text! I've managed to 'decrypt' that line!

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Some of these sentences have bad grammar, I doubt you read it right.

selmas
  • selmas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:44 AM

Then please correct me, that's why I posted this all. I want you all to tell me what you think it says in the paper text as I couldn't read properly and I don't speak English good enough anyway. Let's recognize the beta script people.

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

5KΣΓ

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

I think it's pretty much impossible to read most of the text.

You read it with a real magnifier off the monitor? That doesn't even make any sense. You'd be better off zooming it on the computer.

selmas
  • selmas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:21 PM Edited by selmas, 22 October 2012 - 12:45 PM.

I read it using a real magnifer at the printed image at normal size, at printed image zoomed and at the monitor simple and at the monitor with it a little zoomed by PC too. The real magnifier zoom the image better and clearer than the PC zoom, which lowers the quality when zooms.
So just at least try all to write everything and then post it here, I want to see if anybody sees it different than me.
I will try to write all possible tries of reading with my magnifier and I'll post you then you english speakers tell me if any of them are correct.
At least try to correct my wrong spelled text to make it correct then compare it to text to see if the letters are same (for example an p can pe easy recognized by the long line written)

@dingleman: Thanks that's what I want.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 12:59)

It can be doubted that he read it wrong. Some lines in the picture are not grammatically correct (of those which I could read, of course). Not to mention, many of the actual in-game lines have bad grammar, with the lines spoken by the voice actors at the same time being correct. Hell, there are lines that even differ from what the voice actors actually say - some of them quite significantly!

Haashir911
  • Haashir911

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 15:10)
QUOTE (_____ @ Monday, Oct 22 2012, 12:59)

It can be doubted that he read it wrong. Some lines in the picture are not grammatically correct (of those which I could read, of course). Not to mention, many of the actual in-game lines have bad grammar, with the lines spoken by the voice actors at the same time being correct. Hell, there are lines that even differ from what the voice actors actually say - some of them quite significantly!

Like When King Courtney Said Hijack a Diablo Infernus When he Said Stallion ?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Yeah, King Courtney's missions are a total mess, all of them! Not only about the Diablo Infernus.

selmas
  • selmas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

@Arsen Vitiuk: It doesn't matter if they're wrong, I just want to decrypt the text as it is in the photo. Can you please post what you can read?

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

I cannot read that much. And from what I've been able to read, everything has been posted before. Sorry for that, but the picture quality is far from best. So...

SOTL PHANTOM
  • SOTL PHANTOM

Chrome To Your Dome A$AP Mob

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:23 AM Edited by SOTL PHANTOM, 28 October 2012 - 09:33 AM.

hi

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Nice spam sarcasm.gif

selmas
  • selmas

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Back to on-topic I corrected a sentence from ''the grabs the cash'' to ''She grabs the cash''.
Now I wanna find out beta script for Darkel mission. I saw your pager message from hidden game files ''My name's Darkel...'' that you found Arsen, is it the only one you found? I need more because I want to do a remake of them and I need to find more, at least what the mission text probably should be (rumored as for example at Love Hurts starting with Hello boy...). If you'll help me we could remake the missions and play them even without R* help!

Haashir911
  • Haashir911

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm Already Working on a Beta Mod with TheSorrow, But Good Job Finding the Dialogs.
Maybe We Can Use Your Dialogs to Remake As Many Missions there Were for Darkel

Frank.s
  • Frank.s

PingPang

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Good job on starting this Selmas. smile.gif

Someone ask R* to post the actual script that was featured in that photo, it wasn't too hard for R* print-off a copy of it when they made that script comparison shot so it shouldn't be too hard for them to upload the raw text online.
/too lazy to do it my self

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users