Photo

Multi-purpose Headsets?

1 reply to this topic
Benjimino234
  • Benjimino234

♤ ♡ ♢ ♧

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Okay I'd like to purchase a new headset that I can use across many devices, this includes the Xbox 360, PC, Mac (I have to use both for work) and general iPod usage.

The ones I'm looking at are the Steelseries headsets as they look very stylish but also have the retractable microphone so I can use it for both gaming on 360/PC and have it discreetly hidden away to not like a dumbass wearing a microphone headset in public. What I'm asking is which one should I get that can hook up to both 360/PC, and how I would do so. I know there are many, many ways to hook up these headsets and under circumstances but which way would be the best way?

Steelseries have three types of headsets: 360 Compatible, PC Headsets and a iDevices Compatible (single 3.5 jack with both microphone and headphone).

I know most can work (except for iDevice single 3.5) across the mediums using various adapters and audio mixers for PC to 360 and PC to Mac. Such as the Steelseries Audiomixer (PC), Steelseries Audiomixer (360), XJacker's PC to 360 and simple 3.5 to RCA adapters. I have a preferred headset for each of the types in mind and I'm wondering which one I should choose and I'm wondering if you can ever use a iDevice Engineered Siberia V2 with its single 3.5 jack to PC and 360 and have the microphone work. I'm not experience at all with any audio stuff but I've been researching.

My thoughts would be either getting a PC or 360 headset as it would be fine since there are adaptors to allow it to work vice versa, and I can simply plug in the headphone jack (and leave out the microphone jack in my pocket) into my iPod it'll still work and with Steelseries' signature retractable microphone I can use it in public.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

i have turtle beach and a triton, have not used the triton yet. like the turtle beach (bought for $5). triton is mad catz now tounge.gif , but mad catz may finally be getting out of selling trash peripherals business and putting quality out there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users