» «
Photo

Model appears pitch-black ingame.

2 replies to this topic
lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:03 AM Edited by lpgunit, 19 October 2012 - 01:11 PM.

How come? I just copied the materials from the vanilla IV mesh to the mesh I converted, and yet I end up with this:
user posted image

The model does appear fine when in a wel-lit area, though:
user posted image
user posted image

I didn't do anything crappy to it, as I often make sure that the default material settings are used on the model.

EDIT: Came up with a workaround for this problem, by exporting the affected model as an Unreal PSK, reimporting it using Gildor's ActorX importer, and then shoving it to your existing rig project. Although it would be 'swell if you guys would try to come up with another solution.

aacclapd
  • aacclapd

Map Modder

• Members

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

i bet you've copied materials from a cutscene ped. i think those have diferent shaders to fit in the interiors perfectly.
for exteriors they use other ped (located in componentpeds.img)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Members

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (aacclapd @ Friday, Oct 19 2012, 20:22)
i bet you've copied materials from a cutscene ped. i think those have diferent shaders to fit in the interiors perfectly.
for exteriors they use other ped (located in componentpeds.img)

I copied stuff from an ingame ped, ig_mel.wdd to be specific. But then again like what I said in the first post I did manage to come up with a workaround for it, as it seemed like that it happens with certain meshes that I converted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users