17 replies to this topic
LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Best Tool 2014 [Mod Loader]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:40 AM Edited by Link2012, 14 October 2012 - 10:00 PM.

III\VC\SA Don't Burn Flipped Cars
by LINK/2012

I found around the web some scripts that does this, but they don't work for other cars in the world, just for the player car.
THIS works for all the cars in the world!

There will be two versions, so you can choose which one you want, One that drowns the health from the people inside the flipped car and other that doesn't do it. btw, CJ health is cool, very hard to drown tounge.gif , Also is funny to see that some peds can escape from the vehicle and others die.

An, I don't need to post a screenshot, right? tounge2.gif

Download for SA
Download for III and VC (Different CLEOs in the same zip)

Note: The III\VC version doesn't have the ability to drown the health of the passagers
  • Awesome.D likes this

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTA Mods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

Topic should read "Flipped Cars Don't Burn"

Another excellent mod from you icon14.gif

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Could the same be done to Vice City? What I mean is, are there any unique paramethers or opcodes that aren't apparent in Vice City's SCM?

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Sunday, Oct 14 2012, 16:42)
Could the same be done to Vice City? What I mean is, are there any unique paramethers or opcodes that aren't apparent in Vice City's SCM?

I didn't used SCM at all, I patched some hard coded functions that put the car in fire. The opcode that I've used to patch are just CLEO3 opcodes that for sure exist in VC CLEO, the patch probably work in VC but with some tweaks and finding the right address to patch.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Oh snap! I still haven't figured out how to find these kind of addresses. Thanks anyways, and good job! smile.gif

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

Hey, good news, I made a version for III and VC too, see the first post for the download link.

Topic should read "Flipped Cars Don't Burn"

Thanks, Will ask the moderation to change the title for [III\VC\SA] Flipped Cars Don't Burn

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Wow, thank you! biggrin.gif

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hm, i already have similar cleo for sa, but i was too lazy to do it for 3 and VC, will try it, keep it up!

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 02:47)
Hm, i already have similar cleo for sa, but i was too lazy to do it for 3 and VC, will try it, keep it up!

Hm, is this snippet that you've posted on GTAG?
It only works for the player vehicle :3

When MasterK requested the VC version, I thought in you, you work on III\VC yep? But ha, why to be so lazy? Let me do turn.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Finally. The flipped cars burning in III, VC and SA was annoying and unrealistic.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (Link2012 @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 19:44)
QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ Monday, Oct 15 2012, 02:47)

Hm, is this snippet that you've posted on GTAG?
It only works for the player vehicle :3

When MasterK requested the VC version, I thought in you, you work on III\VC yep? But ha, why to be so lazy? Let me do turn.gif

Nah, later i found out SA have an opcode for that biggrin.gif
And i did some stuff with cars minimum health value - http://pastebin.com/FkkGKn3d
Plus, 0A8C: write_memory 0x570E14 size 2 value 0x1DEB virtual_protect 1 prevents flipped car's health set to 0, afair.
Anyway, this code is good enough for me.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Link2012, once again, great work! smile.gif

@ThirteenAG

Mind explaining your script a bit?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:44 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 16 October 2012 - 02:54 PM.

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 12:39)
Link2012, once again, great work! smile.gif

@ThirteenAG

Mind explaining your script a bit?

I'll try. If a health of any car(player's or random ped's) will be below zero (line 42, 250 is actually a zero %, 1000 - 100%, and it's actually a float value, but opcode 0227 returns it as an integer), then car will not explode, until it's health reach ~ -20% value. Player's car engine will be off(of course i could disable engines on each car, but i'm not sure how it affects the missions, so i decided to keep it that way).
Flipped car's health set to 0% by exe, so i disabled this(line 8) to make a chance to get car back on it wheels. Why the lines 73-83 in the code i just don't remember, probably flipped player's car still explodes to me and i added additional check. The whole code could be rewritten to a better way, and, maybe someday... biggrin.gif
P.S. I almost forgot, my script also randomly add single nitro to player car.

Dock174
  • Dock174

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

THX Link2012!

Vicinski
  • Vicinski

Gouranga! Be happy!

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:34 AM Edited by Vicinski, 13 October 2013 - 02:00 AM.

Hi there,
recently i spontaneously decided to install the good'ol GTA III again. So i dig out my modded backup, replace some cars, added some HQ-textures etc.

All worked out pretty well, the game runs smooth.

I also decided to put in some CLEO-mods and was pretty amazed when i came across this thread to fix this unrealistic exploding behavior.

So I installed CLEO v1.0.1.6 via Sanny Builder 3 - the installation seems to work and the version is properly displayed in main/pause menu.
:rampage: The problem: the script provided in this thread (III_DontBurnFlippedCars.cs) is not working for me. In fact it crashes the game as soon as any car have a collision. I also downloaded another version from sannybuilder.com

http://13.sannybuild...nFlippedCars.cs

which seems to do nothing at all.

None of the "DontBurnFlippedCars"-files are shown as "loaded" by CLEO in pause menu.

BUT i've installed a CarSpawner (also a .cs-Script) - and its perfectly working. Also --> Sanny builder shows: "CLEO Library installed. Version 1.0.16".

So I dont think the problem is the CLEO-installation ... or do i need another CLEO-version?

I'm not a total newbie in gta-cutomizing but it seems i dont see the crux here. :cry:

Do i have to adjust the memory-adress in the script? Does this script only work with a specific language? Are the triggered mem-adress static under all circumstances? I'm curious about it... I have no idea.

I know the game is really old but maybe someone have mercy and provides some support. :facedesk:

Further information:

First: Yes. I put the .cs-files in CLEO-folder.

The game version is 1.1 with an european exe-file.
I tested my custom-folder on 64bit Win7 Ultimate and on 32bit WinXP Pro. I also tested a clean install of the game on both systems (with CLEO installed of course). Same results on every rig.

I hope there is an solution, since the mod is really great and crucially improves the game imo.

THX4Reading

Greetings

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Easy. Your exe isn't compatible with the script, so use exe from downgrader and it'll work(so as other scripts).

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

Woah, I didn't even know that Link made such CLEO. Where I was in 2012.

I will try it out. Hey, thanks for bringing this thread up again.

Vicinski
  • Vicinski

Gouranga! Be happy!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

To give some feedback: it's working now.

...Well, solving the prob was a lot easier then i expected it :rol: ... so Big thanks to ThirteenAG !

I downgraded to 1.0 with the provided files, ran the game and no more fire on flip. Obviously the script is working, though CLEO doesnt show it as loaded in pause-menu.

Only cutback for me: my 1.1 Trainer isnt working anymore :dozing:

Especially I miss the lock/unlock doors and flip car function ... is there anything for version 1.0 ? Couldn't find anything that works.

Anyways, great script - really improves the game. :^:

So long. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users