Name one thing that will make you...

154 replies to this topic
DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

If it's a continuation of the IV story... I'll wait until somebody uploads a playthrough on youtube, If it looks good I'll buy it used.

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

if i died.

Lewligan
  • Lewligan

Bell End

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

Nothing.

JaggySnake
  • JaggySnake

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

Cancellation or PC/360 exclusive.

Apart from that I can't think of anything that would stop me playing it. In fact, I'd probably go and buy a 360 just to play it if I needed to. So that really just leaves cancellation...

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:00 AM Edited by Mr. Darko, 12 October 2012 - 09:06 AM.

QUOTE (Ryder556 @ Friday, Oct 12 2012, 08:05)
Dieing
The End of time, the universe and the world as we know it
Zombies

@RockStarNiko: Pretty sure he can read. It's just that people who base their opinion of a game solely on the opinion of someone else's, aren't really smart and don't actually know what "good" games are. As "good" is a subjective term. Something you find good could be the worst thing ever to some people(Like Megan Fox. Look at how many people think she's hot, and then look at me, who thinks she's a butt ugly, talentless f*ck) or some games you hate(which is probably a lot of great games, right?) could be some of the best games out there. I bet you don't buy any games unless they get an average of 90+ on Metacritic right?

So stop following that herd of sheep over yonder and make your own opinions.

And yes. Reviews are either 1 of 5 things.

1. Biased beyond f*ck
2. Over/under Exaggerated
3. Payed off
4. Just bad
5. Genuinely good

And 5 rarely happens. So don't base your opinion on "professional" reviews unless it's movies, music or pretty much anything. Never video games though. Unless you want to be lead along like a sheep.

RockStarNiko's approach seems to make sense to me, at least. I do feel like you guys aren't fulling understanding what he means. For instance, he might not just mean professional reviews. Personally, I'd be paying attention to consumer reviews (like stuff on YouTube) as well as professional critics because they wouldn't be paid off or anything, just stating their opinions for others, if I were looking to care about reviews, and perhaps he means that as well.

For me, my situation is kind of interesting. The thing is, I kind of doubt I'll be getting GTA V on day one because I probably won't be able to afford it at that time. But I will be buying it as soon as I can, don't get me wrong. And I highly, highly doubt there's anything that R* could realistically do wrong that would make me not want to buy the game. I could see aspects of it being disappointing, possibly, but I'd still buy it. I'm sure I own much worse games than GTA V could ever be.

But here's the thing. Let's say I kind of hear off-hand that there's something... off with GTA V. Perhaps the phrase "controversial changes" or something gets thrown around. I wouldn't be looking at reviews from the start because I want to avoid anything that's not official information for GTA so as to avoid spoiling too much of the initial experience. But if I were to look and see that pretty much every reviewer hates GTA V, it would certainly have a significance. Reviewers could be biased, bought off, whatever... but if there is a huge, unanimous agreement in one extreme direction or another, it usually means that this general opinion could be something worth paying attention to.

This would worry me intensely and would motivate me to watch gameplay videos (like RockStarNiko said) to ultimately make my own decision... and if it turns out that it really is that damn terrible, then yeah, I probably wouldn't buy it. But I don't think in a million years that GTA V could possibly be that bad.

And the thing is, GTA games are something that, at least in my opinion, have always been great games. There's installments that are weaker than others but they're all quite good and were more than worth buying. So I probably wouldn't be even paying attention to reviews because I've already got my mind set that GTA V is going to be good. And I'm quite certain that the reviewers are going to agree, so I don't really need to pay attention to them. Basically, really good reviews = expectations verified, nothing changes, I get the game whenever I can get it without watching any prior gameplay videos or reading others' opinions beyond basic summaries at all. Really, really negative reviews from all corners of the internet = wow, this is pretty heavy, maybe I should go do some more research for myself and see if I really do want this game or not.

It's kind of like if every animal, including ones normally predator or prey, are all running together in the same direction from the same thing, it might be a good idea to get a little worried. You should probably look and try to see if maybe you can find out what they're running away from, and decide if you should run with them too. Standing in the face of all the evidence around you and defiantly walking in the opposite direction might be brave, but not such a great idea. You should make your own decisions but there's nothing wrong with taking other opinions into account when you find them. And do note that I'm not just talking about professional critics.

Also, the game being cancelled, not being available for my console, and my being dead would also be big hurdles towards my buying and playing it. tounge.gif

OriZarhiKing5
  • OriZarhiKing5

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

A zombie apocalypse a week before the release.

Mamunda
  • Mamunda

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

No PC version because I don't have a console biggrin.gif

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

If they announce that the protagonist is blind and these are the gameplay screenshots:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:06 AM

Rockstar cancels GTA V,....

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

I dunno, if its over 100 pounds or something then I wont buy it. No game is worth that much. But that wont happen.

TheGTAHell97
  • TheGTAHell97

Psychologism is the paradoxical infinite continuum of life

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

If I die f*cked by sharks! If I lose everything but my vital organs, I'll still buy the game! All for the love for GTA!
Plus, Apocalypse, coma, lost somewhere in the Amazonian jungle, or held hostage by penguins at the Antarctic.

PedroA117
  • PedroA117

Obvious awesome is obvious

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

if the game has nothing to do besides the story, no free roam after finishing the story, terrible controls, lots of glitches due to bad port, bad graphics and ad physics engine i wont buy

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

If it has less variety than sa and even iv, and if it's graphics are lower than iv.

theholyhandgrenade
  • theholyhandgrenade

"f*ck you andy pandy, I am the loop" - Malcom tucker

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

If it is like skyrim on the ps3 then I wouldn't buy it. Unplayable the day I bought it, patches that made it even worse. Remember the patch that made it freeze when you went underwater? That's like Gta freezing every time you get on a bike. but I know rockstar know what they are doing and would never release a completely broken game.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

If I die.

AlexJonesConspiracy
  • AlexJonesConspiracy

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (GTAknowledge @ Friday, Oct 12 2012, 05:08)
If we don't have another trailer within a month from now.
If game not released before March next year.

bullsh*t kidda, you'll see no trailer, and the night before its release in 2013 you'll be all giddy and excited to buy it

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

If my PC won't run it, I won't buy!!

Albert De Silva
  • Albert De Silva

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

The end of the world.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

If Max PAyne is the protag

omgiloveyou
  • omgiloveyou

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

some reasons here are really jokes

mulder84
  • mulder84

Someone not dancing to Uncle Sam's tune?

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, Oct 12 2012, 12:46)
If Max PAyne is the protag

Max Payne might still make a good protag IMO, being some rich mob boss's henchman would still make a good adventure. As long as he gets his old hairdo back, and start wearing something more decent than the cheapo ugly ass tourist shirts.

OT: Nothing short of completely changing GTA's ideals: open world freedom, criminal activities, carjacking/joyriding, and gunfights. Either that, or they make it Xbox 360 exclusive (cuz I don't have one confused.gif )

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

Not saying MP wouldnt make a good protagonist. I'm just sick of him

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Bad review scores from the sites I trust. I only buy games with at least 8+ averages. If GTA V got under an 8 average, I would just rent it or play it at a friends.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (BlackNoise @ Friday, Oct 12 2012, 13:11)
Bad review scores from the sites I trust. I only buy games with at least 8+ averages. If GTA V got under an 8 average, I would just rent it or play it at a friends.

That's sad.

Think for yourself man.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Health regen, bad story, RDR/COD-like multiplayer, lots of dlc

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Friday, Oct 12 2012, 13:58)

Wait....
Did you just compare Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer to that generic military shooter's?

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, Oct 12 2012, 13:18)

That's sad.

Think for yourself man.

How is that not thinking for yourself? If you see a good or bad review score for a game you definitely have to think about something. It helps me narrow my options on what games to buy. I never understand why so many people are against video game reviews. Games are pretty expensive, so I rather not take unnecessary chances. Have you actually enjoyed any games that average 5's, 6's, or 7's? I guess I could understand 7's but it's still a stretch for me when it comes to buying. I've never been let down yet, so I'll stick with 8's and 9's.

There are so many awesome games I've played over the last couple of years, and none of them averaged below an 8. It's not like I skipped on games I previously wanted because they scored too low. I just never see/want good games with bad scores. I would seriously love to see some exceptions to that rule.

BullworthAcademy
  • BullworthAcademy

Can't wait for Red Dead Redemption 2!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Dead Space 3.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Gtaghost22 @ Friday, Oct 12 2012, 14:03)
QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Friday, Oct 12 2012, 13:58)

Wait....
Did you just compare Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer to that generic military shooter's?

RDR: leveling up, health regen, sh*tty competitive games, sh*tty free roam
COD: leveling up, health regen, sh*tty competitive games
only difference is RDR has free roam

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Friday, Oct 12 2012, 15:18)

That's sad.

Think for yourself man.

There is hope that it's just a lame joke.. but it's probably not. Yeah, there are really people out there who thinks like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users