• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:40 AM

I am now busy with making an Ultimate Starter Save for GTA VCS on PS2. As of now, I have completed everything except for Vigilante and 1 PS2 Exclusive Rampage, scoring 47.9%

The Rampage I'm talking about is located on Starfish Island, Destroy 15 Vehicles in 2 minutes. The problem is, I can never get enough vehicles to spawn at all!

I remember completing this Rampage before, but it was long ago. And now, it seems impossible to finish at all! I tried it like 10 times, I spent 20 minutes of game time just on trying to complete it - note that almost all other Rampages I have completed in my first try, if not, then it was the second try that was always successful.

Can you give me any advice, please? Because with Vigilante being fairly easy in this game, this Rampage is the only thing that prevents me from getting the 49.2% Completion!

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Just replayed that, it didn't pose much of problem.
Some tips:
Start at around ~14:00
Create a roadblock beforehand, if traffic unspawns while you pick the icon try keeping the road in view.
Park a car next to the Banshee and save those 2 for last or if the traffic dries up midway.
Get the police involved, they'll bring vehicles. Shooting peds will bring Ambulances (wanted level will clear upon rampage pass).
Police sensitivity is reduced during rampage so getting a couple of stars beforehand might be advantageous (downing police helis also count)
Look away from the road, vehicles will spawn much closer if you don't look.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

All right, thanks for the tips. I'll try it this way right away.

Just so it was quite disappointing, because I have passed all other 34 Rampages in one go (2 tries max), and this was the one where I really stumped... And after 10 unsuccessful attempts I had to go and save without the pleasure of having completed all Rampages without saving a single time...

I could as well use a cheat, but it would ruin all the fun. Plus, I don't know the cheat itself. So... But anyway, I love to play fair.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Update: Wee-hee! I finally passed the Rampage! All Rampages are now done! Plus, I have also completed 'Vigilante', so now, I've got to 49.2%!!!

Thanks a lot for helping out, GTA Phreak!

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

No problem, welcome to the club icon14.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:20 AM

Heh! Thanks! It was a great pleasure! Now there are not so many things left for me to bother with. At least there won't be when I unlock Vice Beach.

One last question: is it normal that I don't get the last 4 Red Balloon weapons (Flamethrower, Equalizer, Sniper Rifle and M249) at the Barracks, or is it a bug that could have been avoided some way? And will it affect the weapons appearing at Bayshore Ave. safehouse and on?

If yes, then it seems I will have to restart in order to have all weapons there. If no, then it's all good, because I've picked up a decent amount of Equalizer and M249 ammo - enough for the next 2 missions. And I know where to find more after "Conduct Unbecoming".

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

That is normal, all weapons will appear at the Bayshore safehouse.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Whew, thanks God! happy.gif I thought I'd have to start all over again.

Once more, thanks for all your help! Now, on with the show... From Zero To Hero - and to 100%!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users