Photo

[-TD-] The Department [PS3][Community/Roleplay/Destruction]

2,029 replies to this topic
Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:03 PM Edited by Will Troll, 30 November 2013 - 08:42 PM.

Alrighty. I'm home. Sadly I only see Jimmy online so if Derd, G, and Time log on soon that would be fantastic. But it doesn't seem likely.

I'll be in the PSN chat and probably in-game just solidifying how things will work (so I don't have to figure that out IG).

Jimmy, other than this I'm thinking I may need your help. I'm thinking I may create an alt character, glitch some cash and try to get glitched vehicles in a 10 car on that. The reason being is so that I won't be limited to what vehicles are available to us, without sacrificing my main character. But we'll talk about that later.

It appears Derd has logged on, so we need at least 1 person, better if 2. If Pat could join that'd be great but y'know.

Update: G has logged on. If G, Jimmy and Derd can all become available we can get this done and over with.

If you guys say you're gonna be available, then please, be available. If you have and regularly use skype, I recommend passing it to me. This waiting thing to hope you guys see the thread or PSN sh*t sucks.

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:14 AM

sorry we was late gettin it together but I think we got 'er done! I'ma PM you the photos I took.

The Department
  • The Department

The Department Administration

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

A week or two ago I released a set of screens, which was designed to be a small roleplay story. We've decided to keep this as an element of the clan's roleplay, and I wondered if I should make a follow up...I did. The plan is to create these small stories that show off the lives and activities within the cell, aswell as make some killer screens. If you haven't seen my first set, you can do so at this link.

A couple of weeks ago, Aaron "Ink" Fletcher was arrested for murdering a witness who threatened to tell the authorities of the stash of illegal weapons. He murdered the witness to silence him, however that would lead to his arrest.

9ICdsMj.png

Today he was found guilty to all charges and was to be transported to Bolingbroke Penitentiary State Prison to serve his charges. He would have, if he had ever arrived..

His transport was hijacked while he was being transported, it is unknown who the culprits are but it's suspected to be members of his Mercenary Cell.

Gul5LCE.png
Lqzbqez.png

The guards protecting the transport were murdered, and the group fled the scene after freeing Ink from his straints. Ink was then transported to an off-site location, where a Mule was waiting for him so that they could dispose of the vehicle used in the attack.

2xAZ3lZ.png

Ink rode in the transport through the night, until they arrived at the cell's warehouse in South Los Santos.

Ld15oKb.png

Ink had changed clothes in the truck to avoid being spotted as a fugitive, but more importantly, he was reunited with his infamous black skull mask.

A cell granger was waiting for him at the warehouse, which would transport him furthur so that he could avoid suspicion in the residential area's.

2X6Dvpw.png

He was then transported to his new hideout, in which he will have to stay in while remaining off the radar as he continues with his fugitive status.

dRFTDih.png
f4qwjjJ.png

Shoutout to jimmyjoneser and G_Masta_Phunk who were able to help me out today and fill in for Derd/Bagel, plus we got to have some fun afterwards.

Sadly I wanted to have players play the roles of the guards and have more mercs involved, but time and availability have been an issue (holidays and all that great sh*t).

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

sorry we was late gettin it together but I think we got 'er done! I'ma PM you the photos I took.

No worries, I grabbed them from your snapmatic/the crew snapmatic.

Appreciate the help today.

The Department
  • The Department

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:48 AM Edited by The Department, 01 December 2013 - 03:49 AM.

RIP Paul Walker o7.

The man, the myth, the legend.

If you're a member of the clan and you'd like to get help and create these stories yourself, don't hesitate to ask! Anyone is welcome to create their own stories!

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:00 AM Edited by jimmyjoneser, 01 December 2013 - 05:05 AM.

Speaking of creating new stories, here's the story of my character! Big thanks to 'Ink' (Will) for helping out with the screenshots :)

While the camping trip is nice, San Andreas is still a gritty crime-filled state and with current crime rates, it's attracted a variety of new criminals. One of which is The Department, a Mercenary cell intent on providing "security solutions", while allowing to practically operate as a legal militia to cover their criminal doings.

The Department is a collective, an organization comprised of specially selected operatives who have varying criminal resumés ranging from street OGs to paramilitary soldiers to made men of the various crime Families around San Andreas and Liberty State.

One operative, Vinnie "Jimmy" Jones, is a gunrunner and expert marksman from Vice City who allied himself with Ink Fletcher 6 years ago when an arms deal went bad in Eastern Europe. Since then, he's been indebted to Ink as he saved Jimmy's life by discovering a plot involving an ignition bomb in Jimmy's Granger SUV.

More recently, Jones has been sighted by U.S. Marshals in Paleto Bay, heading a smuggling operation for advanced weaponry headed to Vice City out of a warehouse on the Northern shore. A detective was able to capture this low-res shot of the weapons being loaded into a speedboat. It is unsure if the assailant pictured below is Jones or one of his comrades, as he is wearing a mask...
0_0.jpg

However, several months of wiretaps and considerable cooperation between the LSPD, Blaine County Sheriff and the FIB led to this clear shot (below) in which Jones is positively identified..
0_0.jpg
The outfit worn by Jones as he carries out his latest operations provide possible evidence into a connection linking this operation to the private military corporation The Department, thus causing the FIB to have to begin a preliminary investigation into the legitimacy of their operations

..this does not bode well for the mercenaries, but they have a highly competent legal team and have faced possible persecution many times before, even most recently, as authorities are still compiling data and evidence regarding a recent prison escape...
-----------

Damn, sh*t's gettin' hard out here in Paleto Bay for a gunrunner, there's heavy competition movin' in, Feds on my back, and on top of that steamin' pile, Boss-man's got himself locked up for mercin' a rat..and we can't have that. Time to dust off the ol M60 and head towards LS County to bust his ass out....long ride tho', time for a smoke..props to the boys back home in Vice City for the hookup...I guarantee you won't be seein' the Jimmy Jones limited edition buzzard anywhere else.
0_0.jpg

...I told you it was a long ride, f*ck it, I work better at night anyways. Arrived safe and sound...this is Los Santos though, a brotha needs a beverage if he's gonna plan out a prison escape!
0_0.jpg

I'm also gonna need help if I wanna go up against an armored prison bus..time to make a couple calls. One to G-Man, an elite driver who's always been real and down to work. The other? Straight to the penitentiary, gotta let Ink know that he ain't sittin' pretty for much longer!
0_0.jpg

...A suspicious man in black clothing was reported to be loading a Mule truck with heavy weaponry at approximately 2:30 AM last night in Los Santos. When authorities arrived on scene, there was no sign of the weapons or the suspect, however the witness who made the call was able to take a cell phone picture of the suspected perpetrator. LSPD has sent the picture to FIB experts for facial recognition analysis.
0_0.jpg

------

What happened next however has already been written into the criminal history books. The unsuspecting Bolingbroke penitentiary guards as well as the LSPD were left embarassed after the daring hijacking of mercenary Aaron Fletcher by suspects whom new reports are naming as Vinnie Jones and another unidentified male. The hijacking, pictured here, made front page news across the country.
Gul5LCE.png

----

Authorities in the Sandy Shores area photographed an unidentified aircraft making an unauthorized landing at their airstrip hours after the Holdup. It is unknown if this is related.
0_0.jpg

It is interesting to note that Jones was again sighted by the detective assigned to the Paleto Bay operation. He was seen entering his Granger..
0_0.jpg

And was then tailed to the shores of Paleto Bay, where he spent 20 - 30 minutes making phone calls

...suspiciously, the detective was called away thereafter as a result of a bomb threat being called into the town hall...

upon returning, Jones had disappeared. here is the last image recorded by the detective before he left, thus leading experts to believe Jones has arranged departure via yacht.
0_0.jpg

------
That's how it's done right there! Weazel News are gonna be jerkin' their junk over this story for the next week!

Time to lay low....smooth sailing from here on out! Definitely don't owe Ink a damn thing no more, but we always been tight and the moneys been good out here in Paleto Bay, despite the trailer trash, so I guess I'm gonna consider myself a full fledged member of the Department!

....right after this vacation...
0_0.jpg

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by Will Troll, 01 December 2013 - 05:12 AM.

Lookin' pretty good. Probably going to head to bed soon, wondering if I should use one of the empty reserves and start hotlinking the posts with these on the main page. I'll look into that tomorrow as tonight I'm pretty worthless right now.

By the way, did I tell you guys you can get into Trevors Meth Lab?

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

Thatd be a cool idea, Id do it if I were able (which I don't think I am) but its almost 2 AM here and I need to go to bed as well anyways haha. Hope everyone likes the new stories!

The Department
  • The Department

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:19 PM

(Had a weird error...)

cy4yHQh.png

Updated the main page to have the stories the roleplay side has been creating them. They link you to the post of the story, and you can go directly to the index for the stories by clicking here.

I'll be likely working on trying to see how roleplay lobbies are going to work and doing some testing, maybe watch a few F&F movies, and be thinking about what my next story will be. I would appreciate any assistance any of you can offer on figuring out these roleplay lobbies and accounting for the fact that police are on our dicks and stuff. We'll figure it out.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:05 PM

So I've been working on creating stuff and setting up for our roleplay patrols. I need to get a few people around to do some testing, but in the mean time I've been getting more basic stuff worked out like the uniforms.

For LSPD, I was thinking one of these 2:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I'm open to differences, but the way I designed these is so that they could be identified as cops. I'm leaning more towards the blue shirt/blue hat so it's easier to identify them between SWAT and people wearing black for their "hits" or whatever so the criminals can wear all black and aren't mistaken for cops.

For BCSD I figured they would just wear the silver shirt/grey cap instead of blue, same effects.

For SWAT, I figured they'd be all blacked out using essentially the clan uniform and just with a helmet. Probably the Black Open Face helmet and some gun range glasses or something, they're a basic setup.

I'm still working on the cars issue, but thats why I need people to help test some theories.

Criminals will likely wear whatever else that isn't a uniform and such.

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Lookin' good. I'll help you out. Not sure 'bout those hats though haha. Maybe navy fedora?

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by Will Troll, 01 December 2013 - 07:55 PM.

Yeah, I was thinking these flat caps simply because they stand out more and the intent is to create an easily identifiable uniform for the police.

I need the assistance of the clan. We've confirmed that patrols will be done in free roam, however there is still an issue with that. Police need vehicles and Rockstar has decided that we cant keep ours in our garages, which means we have to steal them. Now, we can get these vehicles by stealing them, and we can most certainly evade the police when we do so. However the problem more lies in the fact that if the police see us with stolen cop cars, we will obtain police (as with shootouts and such). The other issue is that we cannot repair said police vehicles so it becomes an issue when ours become too damaged, and thus people will have to steal them again.

Now, I have thought of 2 ideas for this situation, BUT I do not ask you to choose which idea of mine you like better, but to rather input your own thoughts. If you have an idea for this problem, share it, even if you are not part of the clan. If you decide you like one of my ideas, explain why.

#1:

We do as mentioned above, we steal police cars from stations and stuff and use that. You call lester to call off police when you can and evade cops like you were in a chase/using subways if you have them. When your car gets too damaged, you radio dispatch saying you're busy for car repair and you steal another cop car and go back to duty.

#2:

We select certain vehicles (probably the steiner, the buffalo, the granger) to be vehicles we use for certain things and we paint these cars certain colors to be recognized as police vehicles. Likely white/black or black/light blue. T&R would help take care of funding and stuff for this/weapons.

Thoughts? This discussion is up for anyone, not just clan members.

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

If we go with #1, we could have all police officers mark the various police stations as points of interests on their map (with triangle button), as when driving in a cop car, other cop cars of the same style will spawn all over the stations..officers could break into two cars at once so they have a back up waiting if their car is destroyed. If the cops see you, duck in an alleyway and notify the team that you're 'on call' for a minute or two investigating a crime with other officers lol.

If we go with #2, those vehicles would probably be best, things would be more intense as we could modify those vehicles to be faster and stronger. I think we could change the horns to cop horns and just blare on them to use as sirens...or even use a musical siren, just to notify the criminal that you're giving chase.

Additionally we could have one officer in a police heli, for surveillance as well as to give temporary evac for officers who attain wanted levels...you radio in that you need a lift and the heli comes in to take you away from the stars...mainly useful if you have more than 1 and you've already called Lester, but would be fun to implement anyway

I atleast have modified police vehicles so I can pretty much either be a cop or donate one of my vehicles to an officer, if we went with #1, this person would serve as a Captain who would attempt to maintain some distance in the chase to watch over other officers, perhaps in the LSPD Buffalo, as their vehicle would probably be faster with the mods. Alternatively they just use the Transporter or Riot van which don't have speed mods for additional support to level the playing field

With #2 you could have more leeway as all cars could be modified. Also, for either method, I could bring out the Unmarked cruiser to create a detective role or something like that.

Did think of a possible third idea where we attempt to all join a mission instead of a deathmatch, as you have access to your vehicles, however there seems to be a limit to the amount of players in pretty much every mission so it probably wouldn't work out

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:30 PM

The problem with that is that in game modes, other features get limited and restricted typically, which does cause issue, aswell as you mentioned, they limit the amount of numbers. I think the only ones that might have the slots are the team based missions, and you cant call cars in those.

The thing with #1 and #2 is that #1 would provide to the realism side aswell as make identifying police/pull overs easier.

However #2 makes vehicles easier, repairable, and allows us to mod vehicles. However which is also a problem because then people will attempt to turbocharge their steiners and an HSIU unit would be pointless..

However with #2, if we could manage to help newer members get cash we could have them apply a crew emblem to their cars, and I'm creating a second crew that is designed for police side so they could have say a badge on their vehicles for identification. However, that's $25K per vehicle to appear on the hood.

None the less, keep brainstorming guys and if you think of stuff, add it here to the discussion.

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by jimmyjoneser, 02 December 2013 - 03:13 AM.

we could probably do a small 6 man roleplay on the mission cops capacity or the other police oriented one, in those two, police cars are abundant and you still have access to PVs, and I believe you can find the police bike in it as well. Hopefully, when they release custom user creatable content, we'll be able to create a deathmatch/mission scenario where we have all the cop cars we want spawned on the map. thatd be wicked.

I think we should test out #2 soon with a couple of us and see how easy it is for a criminal speeding to see a blue buffalo honking a cop horn coming up behind 'em

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:23 AM

Yeah, I'm hoping the content creator can work in our favor. That was my plan in the beginning, to just make a spawn point for cops with all the vehicles they need.

What would suck about that is that people wouldn't be able to change their clothes in-game, sadly, but if we decide to use something like it can be seen as just a sacrifice. We can see about that when CC comes out.

Yeah it'd be def worth seeing how that would work. I wanna see what others thing, especially from Derd and Bagel.

jimmyjoneser
  • jimmyjoneser

LSPD

• Members

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:40 PM

seems like its just me and you holdin it down here lately! you gotta get the guys away from their real lives for a bit hahaha

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

Yeah. Most don't typically post that often, which I wish they would. It helps topic activity and getting to know the members better. Derd posts semi-frequently aswell as Bagel, however most of the time if we have something to say to each other we do it via skype or in-game. And they don't typically talk to recruits, usually I handle the recruitment process and all the admin sh*t.

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

Then one day you find ten years have got behind you

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 05:56 PM

http://gtaforums.com...-freeaim-topic/

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:22 AM

@Bagel/Derd -

idbtx19.jpg

Crotch Rocket Gang or Don't Bang?

Belgium bagel
  • Belgium bagel

[TSA] Remnant

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:41 PM

LEts get to the impound!

Oh and Sam got GTA :panic: :panic: :panic:

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yeah I know. She wanted to play yesterday.

Does this mean we can be like the Highway Homos and have a clan Matriarch?

Belgium bagel
  • Belgium bagel

[TSA] Remnant

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:44 PM

OH yes. We have a mexican Matriarch! We're online now if you want to play.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'm adding the new rank "Mexican Matriarch".

I'll hop in in a few, I've decided that I don't want to do anything this weekend so I'm having a Hot & Spicy w/ full soup booster. You know, because I want to live inside my bathroom for a few days.

SouthSideChamp
  • SouthSideChamp

Street fighter

• Members

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

Psn : SouthSideChamp
I would like to come role play , invite me whenever

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by Will Troll, 05 December 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Sorry. This clan has a strict "No Highway Homos allowed" policy.

Kinda strange, that Warriors RIP guy who drove the Suburban never said anything but hung out. Left when you guys did. Bare stalkerish.

XxIrishBlizzardxX
  • XxIrishBlizzardxX

[TSA] Remnant.

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

Frost, you have exactly 12 hours to respond to my HR app.

What is up guys?

Belgium bagel
  • Belgium bagel

[TSA] Remnant

• Members

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

Not much man, loving life.

Will Troll
  • Will Troll

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

Frost, you have exactly 12 hours to deny him and kick him from the PD.

At times, I wish I'd join the PD, but then I remember how fun it is to be a criminal.

get bodied.

The Department
  • The Department

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

cy4yHQh.png

Updated the roster.

TiiMeP Kicked || Left clan/Didn't alert anyone of departure.

Kirk_Lazarus9 Kicked || No participation. Failed Recruitment Task.

In other news, we have figured out the issue with the police vehicles, and as such we will begin organization for roleplays.

For those interested in being listed as a possible Police Officer (allows you to be one if picked for a session), send my personal account a message and we'll do all that. No extra applications, just need a sign of interest. We'll set up all that though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users