Photo

Police Brutality

28 replies to this topic
Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

As we all know the AI for the cops in GTA IV was underwhelming and somewhat underdeveloped.

For example: Fleeing from an arrest will warrant them to immediately open fire on you starting the second you run.

So with that, improved AI for the law enforcement in GTA V is a feature expected to be in there, however, should the police be more brutal, tactical and actually threatning?

Imagine having to flee inside of a building to escape the police, push a cabinet in front of the door only to be flanked by a team of SWAT members flying through windows and setting off tear gas.

I think it'd really turn the game around, making the police a faction to actually fear and not manipulate and toy with so easily as you could in IV.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:08 PM

Yes. Turn up the brutality for the cops!
I want those pigs to be shooting RPGs at me and my car as I try to escape from their claws of death!
The Street Walkers should all carry shotguns and if you fart, they should start shooting at you! Brutality to the full!
I want them to also do Fatalities, like Mortal Combat, they get too close, they lock you in an animation and rape the sh*t out of you with their flash lights while they use a chainsaw to saw you into 4 almost equal parts!

FrankieP
  • FrankieP

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

That's part of the " f*ck the poe-leese " minorities complaints stereotype. Perhaps it will be included in-game.

aj10101
  • aj10101

Sensible Adult

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

in before the lock

nc77
  • nc77

PCMR member

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:23 PM Edited by nc77, 02 October 2012 - 12:28 PM.

QUOTE (aj10101 @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 14:09)
in before the lock

Sensible adult? Inb4theban.

On topic: IV's system wasn't bad, but they shoot at you at 2 stars, that was kinda weird. I' sure that they'll fix it in V. If you would get a lot of stars in some time, they'll start searching for you.

AlienWillHeMonsta
  • AlienWillHeMonsta

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Raynos @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 12:08)
I want those pigs to be shooting RPGs at me and my car as I try to escape from their claws of death!
The Street Walkers should all carry shotguns and if you fart, they should start shooting at you! Brutality to the full!
I want them to also do Fatalities, like Mortal Combat, they get too close, they lock you in an animation and rape the sh*t out of you with their flash lights while they use a chainsaw to saw you into 4 almost equal parts!

I was thinking the other day they should introduce a single supercop, that's got more health than a normal cop and will chase you down then torture you in the most graphic way possible, before killing you.

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (AlienWillHeMonsta @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 12:32)
I was thinking the other day they should introduce a single supercop, that's got more health than a normal cop and will chase you down then torture you in the most graphic way possible, before killing you.

Yeah, it'll be cool if they put Chuck Norris in the game.

rambutanlee
  • rambutanlee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Maybe they should just add like modes such as Hardcore or Normal or something like that
eg Hardcore have that kind of brutality then Normal the police could be kinder abit?

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:33 PM Edited by Miamivicecity, 02 October 2012 - 02:36 PM.

One thing I liked about the cops in GTA IV is they actually responded to attacks against the player. I hated in the GTA III era being shot at and any nearby cop would just walk by like nothing's happening.

They should get more aggressive like beating criminals with batons (Rodney King style ph34r.gif ) and crash tackling them. Of course against the player too.

thestoneman420
  • thestoneman420

herp de derp

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

The V trailer seemed to show a more 'proceeding on foot' tactic and I hope to see it in play. This along with my hope for a police K-9 unit would make the police a more cinematic experience, rather than just shooting you as you run.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:39 PM Edited by Official General, 02 October 2012 - 05:42 PM.

Sorry for the double post, it was mistake, my silly computer was playing up.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:41 PM Edited by Official General, 02 October 2012 - 05:43 PM.

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 14:33)
One thing I liked about the cops in GTA IV is they actually responded to attacks against the player. I hated in the GTA III era being shot at and any nearby cop would just walk by like nothing's happening.

They should get more aggressive like beating criminals with batons (Rodney King style ph34r.gif ) and crash tackling them. Of course against the player too.

@ Miami

Give Rockstar a break man, it was their first ever GTA III was their first ever 3D rendition of the series. I know you have undying love for GTA IV, but come on. There would have many limitations as to what they could have done in III when it first came out on the PS2. III was such a groundbreaking, revolutionary game of it's time that most of us were simply to blown away to notice the small flaws - it's very likely that we would not have known much better about how police AI could be improved at the time. I get the feeling that is one of your very unfair GTA IV era-GTA III era comparisons, if not then, ignore that last part of this paragraph.

And you are not fully correct - the police in Vice City and San Andreas certainly did not just walk by whenever peds were committing crimes or attacking the player, they in fact did respond. Not as good as in IV obviously, but they did something. In VC, I saw cops chase and attack criminals and gang members many times. The VC cops would always chase after gang members and either hit them with their nightsticks or sometimes shoot at them. I also saw the SA cops shoot at criminals and gang members many times too if they were committing crimes. And VC and SA are both III-era games.

GreatestEver23
  • GreatestEver23

So you think you can tell, heaven from hell?

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Ive always hated how you would be doing the police missions, going to the calls and once you got there you would shoot the suspects and any cop around that area would shoot at you and you would get a star, never made sense.

Kent Traffic Cop
  • Kent Traffic Cop

Old Skool

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (GreatestEver23 @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 15:41)
Ive always hated how you would be doing the police missions, going to the calls and once you got there you would shoot the suspects and any cop around that area would shoot at you and you would get a star, never made sense.

Well it kind of does...

I've never heard of a "legal" vigilante. "The Punisher" kills criminals... and is not endorsed by the police (though some do try to help him).

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Damned Legend

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Raynos @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 12:33)

Actually a good idea. They could put in Steven Seagal (of course with a new name), and others. They should be hard to kill, headshot disabled, react fast and kick your ass at higher wanted levels.

JuankAirPilot
  • JuankAirPilot

playboyXkilled2pac

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

Technically there was police brutality in SA...If you remember, in the LS police department parking garage, there was an Asian guy being repeatedly hit/abused by 2 cops. And there was a camera near by, as a play on the Rodney King beatings.

I do understand that the point of this thread is to see brutality on a much broader level.

SMG
  • SMG

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Crumplet @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 23:04)
For example: Fleeing from an arrest will warrant them to immediately open fire on you starting the second you run.

You obviously don't know much about US Police forces
Aside from GTA London 1969 and 1961, GTA has solely been a parody of American culture and lifestyle.
It is standard practice for Police Officers in the United States to draw their weapon for everything, even the most simple of traffic stops.
It is not unheard of for overzealous police officers to discharge their firearm in haste, at the first sign of any kind of non-compliance.
GTA is a parody of this.

PulpFiction
  • PulpFiction

Godfather

• Zaibatsu
  • Vatican-City
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 02:41)
@ Miami

Give Rockstar a break man, it was their first ever GTA III was their first ever 3D rendition of the series. I know you have undying love for GTA IV, but come on. There would have many limitations as to what they could have done in III when it first came out on the PS2. III was such a groundbreaking, revolutionary game of it's time that most of us were simply to blown away to notice the small flaws - it's very likely that we would not have known much better about how police AI could be improved at the time. I get the feeling that is one of your very unfair GTA IV era-GTA III era comparisons, if not then, ignore that last part of this paragraph.

I'm just being honest General. I love the GTA III era too, but I'm not going to sugarcoat it with that "Give them a break it was their first go" crap. No offense.

GTA IV always gets sh*t on in this forum even though it had its own limitations being the first current gen GTA. It doesn't mean the GTA III era was without its flaws though. All I was saying is it always bothered me in the GTA III era GTAs.

Sure the cops went after criminals and whatnot, but they didn't arrest them and put them in the back of cop cars. The whole justice system in the GTA III era was very one sided which is why I'm glad it was fixed in GTA IV.

The only mark I have is you still get a wanted level from retaliating and the cops focus their attention on you and not the other guy. Hopefully this is addressed in GTA V.

Delanto
  • Delanto

That's my line ya' dumb twit!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 19:12)
The only mark I have is you still get a wanted level from retaliating and the cops focus their attention on you and not the other guy. Hopefully this is addressed in GTA V.

I agree, they need to put some sense into the cops and not mindless bozos. Sense such as to care more for life and property behind the wheel(by that I mean not having the driving skills of a potato). The cops just felt like their soul mission was to bring you and the city harm. I understand it's kinda funny but it gets old when trying to have a sense of realism, and if V is going in that direction, the police need to follow suit, because they are a huge aspect of the game.

LethalCrizzle
  • LethalCrizzle

Lethal Crizzle

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (Raynos @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 12:08)

^ This.

Is a stupid idea.

ARCHELEZ
  • ARCHELEZ

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:34 AM

A supercop?, what about a super soldier? Lol Captain America can come at you once your've reached 6 stars.

JohnnyBNL
  • JohnnyBNL

Flying Dutch Man

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

If you shot a cop, or crashed a cop car.. The cops have to be very mad at you..

Raynos
  • Raynos

GTA VET

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (ARCHELEZ @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 09:34)

A supercop?, what about a super soldier? Lol Captain America can come at you once your've reached 6 stars.

Captain America punched Chuck Norris in the face, he is now called Aqua Man.

Grand_Theft_Peanut
  • Grand_Theft_Peanut

Dr. Rape

• Members

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

they should be brutal WITH reason to be brutal!

so for minor offences i think they should use non lethal takedowns and other means of simple arrests. However when you are on higher stars they should be brutal to the point u are scared sh*tless! In GTA IV they used to just send wave after wave of NOOSE Trucks mindlessly trying to crash into ur car and they were easy to destroy and you could mow down a few waves of cops.... the answer to me wouldnt be sending heaps of waves! but rather send realistic amounts of cops to get u which would be much fewer than whats in GTA IV but their tactics would be so good that it feels like ur up agaisnt an army.... it should be set so that a casual player cant get out of a 6 star chase let alone even reach a 6 star chase! Only people that truly find ways to outwit the cops and out gun them can survive. Even the best shouldnt be able to survive 6 stars though....

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

This Bompton nigga.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

I think the police will behave the same from gta 4 but more ruthless.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Damned Legend

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (Gtaman_92 @ Wednesday, Oct 3 2012, 13:14)
I think the police will behave the same from gta 4 but more ruthless.

The SWAT was slow and stupid. Must fix.

NudasPriest
  • NudasPriest

Midnight Toker

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Technically not SWAT, but NOoSE. National Office of Security Enforcement, supposed to be the feds. Higher up on the chain of command, lower on the IQ scale. Again, like somebody else said, I see this is a parody. But for GTA V give me realistic, tactical cops and SWAT/NOoSE or whatever is in it. Max Payne 3 had some good AI so I don't doubt for a minute the AI in GTA V will be any less impressive.

Ana Belial
  • Ana Belial

426 Max Wedge

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

I liked the manipulation part. ):

Especially riding around on a Sanchez in star junction and getting really fat cops to follow me.
Then I would ride in circles around them and watch them slowly jog along trying to catch me. but I always get right out of their reach. The icing to the cake would have been Niko yelling "HEEEERREE PIGGY PIGGY PIGGYYY OINK OINK"

BattleExel
  • BattleExel

New account: Valwin

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

- SWAT must use some tactic moves to lock you up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users