288 replies to this topic
Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:52 PM

Anyway, you shouldn't use DS3 tool with GInput. GInput uses XInput, which is a library for Xbox controllers used by many PC games in our Microsoft dominated world - as such, a patched version is required to use the library with any other type of controller. The patch is included, but since I heavily suspect you skipped the readme, you had no way of knowing.

... the MIJ driver supports native XInput mode anyway, so bullsh*t like x360ce is not necessary at all.

Well for me that thing has never worked. But then I have a PS2 pad and even Windows confuses it for a PS3 pad. The emulator is the only thing that I can guarantee.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:41 PM

Well for me that thing has never worked. But then I have a PS2 pad and even Windows confuses it for a PS3 pad. The emulator is the only thing that I can guarantee.

It's just you.

SN8QQ23l.jpg

With proper drivers you DON'T need x360ce. With them, Windows sees DualShock as a X360 pad.
  • lpgunit likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:15 PM Edited by Deji, 18 April 2014 - 07:16 PM.

It's just you.

No, it's a known issue with PS2 pads on PC. The vendor and product ID's are identical to those of a PS3 controller, which is why it's utterly impossible to get vibration support on one.

On the other hand, DS3Tool doesn't work because it seems to expect the pad to be connected via bluetooth and definitely not a USB converter.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

True, but notice he's asking about a PS3, NOT a PS2 controller. So he doesn't need to use x360ce.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 07:24 PM

True, but notice he's asking about a PS3, NOT a PS2 controller. So he doesn't need to use x360ce.

Well yes, I noticed that.. but the post you replied to was explaining why I wouldn't recommend DS3Tool. It has limited support, much unlike x360ce. You've mis-corrected me and then concluded that I misread something that I replied to. That's irony :p

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx] [Contribution]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

No, it's a known issue with PS2 pads on PC. The vendor and product ID's are identical to those of a PS3 controller, which is why it's utterly impossible to get vibration support on one.

yours maybe, my dual-mode PS2 pad has the vendor ID of a known PS2-to-USB bridge manufacturer

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:22 AM

yours maybe, my dual-mode PS2 pad has the vendor ID of a known PS2-to-USB bridge manufacturer

So you can get it vibrating, can you?

Actually, I found out about the issue on the ps2dev forums. Someone looked deeper into it and figured it must have just emulated a known vendor ID in order to be recognized by the operating system. I'm thinking it's an issue with the connection, rather than the pad itself, but as I said, it's well known by those who actually try to play on PC with a PS2 pad.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:30 AM

You once mentioned your PS2 pad isn't actual DualShock 2 so maybe that's the reason :p

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:06 PM Edited by Deji, 19 April 2014 - 12:07 PM.

You once mentioned your PS2 pad isn't actual DualShock 2 so maybe that's the reason :p

Uh, no? In fact, I have more than one PS2 controller and they all behave the same.

And the very fact DS3Tool is called DS3Tool would be the first clue that it wouldn't work with a DS2 pad :p

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx] [Contribution]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

Uh, no? In fact, I have more than one PS2 controller and they all behave the same.

And the very fact DS3Tool is called DS3Tool would be the first clue that it wouldn't work with a DS2 pad :p

hey i don't recommend ds3tool because it doesn't work with my ps2 controllers

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

hey i don't recommend ds3tool because it doesn't work with my ps2 controllers

So it only works for PS3 controllers and is thus useless to anyone else anyway? The fact GInput is designed to restore the controller functionality which was available in the console versions of GTASA, means packaging something which doesn't support PS2 controllers would be plain stupid. So again, why would I have any reason to support a tool I've never seen working with a certain type of controller over something which supports all controllers? Let go of your fanboyisms :p

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:05 PM

No one asks you to ship those drivers, it's all about the fact you said he needs x360ce to get his PS3 pad working with GInput :p

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:26 PM Edited by Deji, 19 April 2014 - 01:29 PM.

No one asks you to ship those drivers, it's all about the fact you said he needs x360ce to get his PS3 pad working with GInput :p

I recommended x360ce to get his PS3 pad working with GInput, yes. Because that's what I know works with GInput, for all supportable devices. Therefore it's an easily recommendable tool for maximum support.

Just like how you wouldn't recommend a modified .exe with any of your mods. You may not be able to definitely know that it is the cause of a particular problem, but in order to be best sure it's best to use what's guaranteed to work. In fact, most software is provides recommendations which may or may not be accurate considering how specific they are, but it doesn't change what's logically the best recommendation, which has been my point for a few posts now... The true question is, what was your reason to question my recommendation, if they really do provide equal results (which they don't always)?

nekomaster
  • nekomaster

Nekomaster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by nekomaster, 24 April 2014 - 10:12 PM.

1) I had everything installed properly, following the instructions to the letter. I put the models where they should go and where everything else needs to go.

I'm using GTA version 1.00 since thats the only version that most mods seem to support. It works with all other mods like the weapon limit adjuster, trains on two tracks mod (trains use both rails, adds signals, makes trains more frequent and adds blips for feight and passenger trains)

2) I don't have a problem with Windows 7 changing to windows basic. You don't even see the theme when your in game unless you ALT-TAB out which IMO is bad for most games (crashes and glitches)

3) DS3 Tool has supported Xinput for PS3 controllers for a while now, and works flawlessly for Xinput games like HAWX 1 & 2, ACE COMBAT, Grand Theft Auto 4, PPSSPP (PSP Emulator, works out of the box with Xinput/XBOX 360 controllers).

I have used another tool to get Xinput but its not perfect. Ginput for GTA 3 did everything i needed it to and nothing less. The tool im using right now has to be run along side with GTA San andreas, and cuts off access to the keyboard controls allowing only joypad controls while its active. Plus if I'm in a vehicle the controls change for the menu's and such, which messes me up sometimes.

nekomaster
  • nekomaster

Nekomaster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

I dunno why you guys are complaining about DS3 Tool not working with stuff. I've been using it for ages now with my official PS3 controller and my cheapy Wireless PS3 controller (not bluetooth, uses its own wireless which still works with DS3 tool as a Xinput PS3 controller).

If it wasn't for DS3 tool, I wouldn't have been able to use my PS3 controllers on Xinput mode with GTA 3 and ginput for that, or any other Xinput PC game like GTA 4 or HAWX

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:58 PM

I dunno why you guys are complaining about DS3 Tool not working with stuff. I've been using it for ages now with my official PS3 controller and my cheapy Wireless PS3 controller (not bluetooth, uses its own wireless which still works with DS3 tool as a Xinput PS3 controller).

If it wasn't for DS3 tool, I wouldn't have been able to use my PS3 controllers on Xinput mode with GTA 3 and ginput for that, or any other Xinput PC game like GTA 4 or HAWX

Well, it's not the point. The point is, it's not working for you now, and the only thing that you've told me is different from, say, my installation, is that you're using DS3 Tool. Using the process of deductive reasoning, the first thing to try would be the XInput solution that actually comes with GInput. I've been informed it works just as well, but until you tell me something else that may be the problem, I can't really suggest a fix.

You could also try disabling other mods, also and see if that works. Then re-adding them one by one. They could cause an incompatibility for some wild reason (quite similarly to how DS3 Tool could, but lets just say it doesn't).

Aside from that, I need more information to suggest anything else. Which exact files did you extract from the GInput archive and where did they go? I wonder, did you use the emulated XInput files anyway, even though you're using DS3 Tool? Again, that's another example where DS3 Tool might work fine in all your games, and GInput for GTA III, but it doesn't make a difference in this situation. It will simplify things if you go through every possible step, not excluding the ones that seem to be irrelevant. If that is the case, at least you know that you can use DS3 Tool, but you also know that you have to change the GInput installation method in order to make it work.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Homeboy

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Great plugin, i just get Xbox Receiver to my PC, works very good with Silent's Asi Loader and Things to do in San Andreas. 

nekomaster
  • nekomaster

Nekomaster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:22 AM Edited by nekomaster, 27 April 2014 - 06:23 AM.

OMG DS3 Tool is a seperate Program that allows people to use PS3 controllers via USB or Bluetooth as a XINPUT CONTROLLER. It has nothing to do with GTA San Andreas and worked just friggen fine with GTA 3 and Ginput.

I didn't have to use the emulated Xinput because DS3 tool essentially turns my PS3 controller into a Xinput XBOX 360 controller, and does it rather well. Theres not much to say about how I did the install other then that I did what the readme says, and i used the XBOX models which I put in the models folder or where ever, I haven't attempted reinstalling the thing In a while so I dont know where things go according to the readme at the moment.

I did everything to the letter and nothing more, nothing less, when it comes to installing mods I follow the instructions to the letter so as not to have problems... I don't remember doing anything other then what I was told to do.

EDIT : ALso, Ginput was the only mod I was using at the time, before I got the widescreen fix ASI mod. With or without the widescreen fix it still crashed the game on start up, or rather the game never opened at all as Ive said before.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:17 AM Edited by Deji, 27 April 2014 - 10:24 AM.

OMG DS3 Tool is a seperate Program that allows people to use PS3 controllers via USB or Bluetooth as a XINPUT CONTROLLER. It has nothing to do with GTA San Andreas and worked just friggen fine with GTA 3 and Ginput.

I didn't have to use the emulated Xinput because DS3 tool essentially turns my PS3 controller into a Xinput XBOX 360 controller, and does it rather well. Theres not much to say about how I did the install other then that I did what the readme says, and i used the XBOX models which I put in the models folder or where ever, I haven't attempted reinstalling the thing In a while so I dont know where things go according to the readme at the moment.

I did everything to the letter and nothing more, nothing less, when it comes to installing mods I follow the instructions to the letter so as not to have problems... I don't remember doing anything other then what I was told to do.

EDIT : ALso, Ginput was the only mod I was using at the time, before I got the widescreen fix ASI mod. With or without the widescreen fix it still crashed the game on start up, or rather the game never opened at all as Ive said before.

Oh well, I guess you're just the one person that it won't work for. I guess there's no technical reason... it must be magic! Sorry, but I'm only able to help with the technical issues. And since you seem able to reject my ideas faster than you can follow them (we'd have got past this DS3 Tool thing a long time ago otherwise, personally I don't care about whether DS3 Tool is or isn't the problem, I just want to actually get some useful information out of this), I don't have any more ideas left.

I can't base my suggestions on someone who says "I don't know why it's not working, but I know it definitely isn't this, this or this and I'm not willing to try in order to find out". I don't think you totally get the concept of troubleshooting. I've had to do it with plenty of users more sure than you that everything they were doing was completely right and it must have been my fault somehow, despite working for most.

But guess what, at least if you tried the emulated version, you'd get a low-tone beep when the game starts up, at least indicating whether your controller is connected right through to GInput. However, neither of us know now, and that is just one more uncertainty which is blocking progress in what should be simple step-by-step troubleshooting methods.

But basically, if GInput is crashing the game, it's probably because you haven't installed it right (missing INI or incorrectly placed TXD?), have a conflicting mod (an ASI? CLEO script? hell, even a texture mod might cause it) or are using an incorrect version of GTASA or perhaps an incorrect XInput DLL if you felt inclined to not use the version provided. If that's not the problem, I guess it's just cursed, because anything else I suggest seems to be strongly disagreed with even though you've not left me much else to suggest.

It's not like I'm setting a recommendation on how to use GInput forever, but for now it's easiest for me to know myself that every file is where it should be and everything is doing what it should. Even if it's irrelevant, what's the harm in trying it, then going back to your preferred method once we actually get past the fact it's not even working?

JohnLawman
  • JohnLawman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:58 PM

Hello world,

Deji thanks for this awesome mod ! 

I would like to kindly point out that this mod won't work with EU versions of San Andreas. GInput works only with US exe of SA. Thus if you own a EU version on Steam, like I do, and use the "legal" downgrader, like I did, GInput destroys the game and you'd have to re-install. It doesn't matter if you remove the ASI, and replace the exe with v 3.0, you still have to re-install. With a US exe it works perfect.

I would love to help out with any possible fix, but be warned I have no coding skills, of any kind, if however you need anything from me please let me know !

Many thanks for the mod !

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:57 PM

I have a USA exe, installed silents ASI loader and ginput and the game wont start up after this.

What do I do?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

I have a USA exe, installed silents ASI loader and ginput and the game wont start up after this.
What do I do?

Provide more information. What's the size of the .exe? Are there any other mods installed?

And check you installed the other files as suggested in the readme.

That's all I got.

ajdope
  • ajdope

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:35 PM

Any chance this could be ported to Cleo for android using Key layouts? Or is it only possible with xInput?

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:48 PM

What do I do?

Provide more information. What's the size of the .exe? Are there any other mods installed?

That's all I got.

The size of my exe is 14,068 KB. 

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

What do I do?

That's all I got.

In bytes, please. And the other information is kinda important too.

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by Not From Russia, 11 May 2014 - 05:22 PM.

What do I do?

That's all I got.

In bytes, please. And the other information is kinda important too.

14,405,632 Bytes

1.0 EXE

American Version

CD Copy

No other mods apart from the ASI loader.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

14,405,632 Bytes
1.0 EXE
American Version
CD Copy

Ugh, it was down-graded?

It'll probably work with an original 1.0 US .exe, one of these sizes: 14,383,616 bytes (HOODLUM available all over the net), 5,189,632 bytes (listener's from Sanny Builder Forums).

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:57 PM Edited by Not From Russia, 11 May 2014 - 06:26 PM.

14,405,632 Bytes
1.0 EXE
American Version
CD Copy

Ugh, it was down-graded?

It'll probably work with an original 1.0 US .exe, one of these sizes: 14,383,616 bytes (HOODLUM available all over the net), 5,189,632 bytes (listener's from Sanny Builder Forums).

It was not downgraded, straight install from the disc.

Also on this thread on TheGTAPlace http://www.thegtapla...owngrade-sa-v2-

Its the same exe and all.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

14,405,632 Bytes
1.0 EXE
American Version
CD Copy

Ugh, it was down-graded?

It was not downgraded, straight install from the disc.
Also on this thread on TheGTAPlace http://www.thegtapla...owngrade-sa-v2-
Its the same exe and all.

Search for another... https://www.google.c...ta_sa.exe 1.0us

Make sure it matches one of the sizes I mentioned.

MrMcNicol
  • MrMcNicol

MrMcNicol

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

I've been playing GTA III and GTA: Vice City with my Xbox 360 controller through the mods by Silent and I wanted to use this mod for San Andreas. I read that you have to downgrade your game and did that to the 1.0 version and followed the instructions for this mod in order to play it with my controller but when I open the game it doesn't work. I think the game is using the default joystick controls rather than the mod. I should add that I'm playing this from Steam; is that the reason why I can't get this to work? Any help would be much appreciated. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users