Quantcast

» «
Photo

[REL|ASI|SA] GInput

288 replies to this topic

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:33 AM Edited by 65536, 25 January 2014 - 10:40 AM.

The download page seems to be down. When I load it all I get is a white screen.

I found only pages on gtag.gtagaming.com with download won't load...

Home page http://gtag.gtagaming.com/ loads normally;
Pages with list of mods http://gtag.gtagamin...ds/asi-plugins/ will also load;
But exactly the pages with mod's description and the download http://gtag.gtagamin...ods/107-ginput/ won't load - I just get a blank page with nothing on it. Other mod's downloads pages have also this problem.

But if I load a cashed version copy of the mod's page on http://gtag.gtagamin...ods/107-ginput/, the "download" button will also work...

AlexGT
  • AlexGT

The monster in your house

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

BSGkgqj.png

This is what I get when I try to use this mod. If I click OK the game starts but the controller works just like like it did without the mod, needing mapping.

I use an x360 wired controller and W7 Ultimate x86 if this matters.

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

I use an x360 wired controller and W7 Ultimate x86 if this matters.

You don't need that DLL then, it's x360ce.

AlexGT
  • AlexGT

The monster in your house

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Oh dang, didn't realize that, thanks for the heads up!

Everything works fine now, time to play a little bit.

IFone789
  • IFone789

Dark side of the moon

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

@Deji want to know If you can give me permission for use the GInput in a project that I'm making.

Comstock DeWitt
  • Comstock DeWitt

Young GTA Player

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:59 AM

Im using a Logitech F310 and the xbox buttons arent showing for me. Anyway to fix?

Im using a 1.0 Downgraded Steam.exe

And do I need a ASI loader too use this? My game doesnt boot when I use a ASI loader with it :c

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTA Mods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

Silent's new ASI Loader also works for Steam versions now (so does CLEO apparently too)

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by Deji, 28 January 2014 - 02:55 PM.

Im using a Logitech F310 and the xbox buttons arent showing for me. Anyway to fix?

And do I need a ASI loader too use this? My game doesnt boot when I use a ASI loader with it :c

Well GInput only supports 1.0 exe's for now. And as far as I'm aware 'downgraded' exe's aren't ever good for modding.

Silent
  • Silent

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Silent's new ASI Loader also works for Steam versions now (so does CLEO apparently too)

Even 1.0 worked with steam EXE but 1.2 saves some effort when writing a Steam-compatible ASI :p

Comstock DeWitt
  • Comstock DeWitt

Young GTA Player

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by Comstock DeWitt, 28 January 2014 - 03:31 PM.

Well GInput only supports 1.0 exe's for now. And as far as I'm aware 'downgraded' exe's aren't ever good for modding.

I can use other mods just fine with a downgraded one. Anyone having the game not loading using this with Silents ASI?

Comstock DeWitt
  • Comstock DeWitt

Young GTA Player

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

I still crash with a No CD.exe :/

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:33 AM

Well then... sure you installed everything correctly? When does it crash?

Comstock DeWitt
  • Comstock DeWitt

Young GTA Player

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:59 AM

Well then... sure you installed everything correctly? When does it crash?

I fixed it. Downloaded a different no CD. It was a US one.

Japan 4
  • Japan 4

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

I love the idea of this mod but I can't get the mod to work on GTA SA.

I followed the readme putting the files in the correct places downloaded several 1.0.exe (I have the Steam V3.0 version) and even tried downgrading my original .exe file. However the controls stay as if I hadn't applied the mod.

I have tried Silents' version for GTA VC and it works great. (thanks for that one)

When copying the required files across do I need to remove/change some of the original files or edit anything in the .ini file? Is there a specific version of the v1.0.exe I need to use?

I'm using the wireless x360 controller with receiver on Win 8 x64

I've spent hours looking for something I have missed but cant find anything, any help greatly appreciated.

MrEWhite
  • MrEWhite

^ Is best

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:46 AM

Download the downgrader here on this thread.

http://forums.steamp...d.php?t=3128050

Worked for me :)

Japan 4
  • Japan 4

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Got it working now, was being a total n00b and forgot to put the asi loader in my SA folder.

Thanks Deji awesome wee mod.

djdori11
  • djdori11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Pressure-sensitive triggers doesn't work for me when driving... Installed correctly and using Logitech F510.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:52 PM Edited by Tomasak, 12 February 2014 - 04:14 PM.

Can you make easy setting for this so I can change settion to GTA 4 scheme

And bicykle speed is not set by tapping but strengh on RT/LT?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:52 PM Edited by Deji, 12 February 2014 - 06:53 PM.

Pressure-sensitive triggers doesn't work for me when driving... Installed correctly and using Logitech F510.

You sure? You have to use the emulated XInput of course but you also have to configure the XInput configuration before configuring GInput's as if you assign a wrong physical button to XInput and make up for it in GInput's configuration, it will function incorrectly in some cases.

In xbox360cemu.ini, you need to do as the comments say and set the triggers to, not a button, but an axis:

Left Trigger=9   #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; for a slider precede with 's' eg; s-1
Right Trigger=10  #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; for a slider precede with 's' eg; s-1

As far as I know, in windows game controller configuration in the control panel, it should show you which axis is used for each trigger as you press them. In GInput's config you simply use -1 and -2 to reference the configuration made in xbox360cemu.ini.

Uh I did add such configuration. You simply put the right destination button on the left, and the right source button on the right:

CROSS   = A

GInput.ini

But your preconception of having to have a "GTA 4 scheme" is invalid. SA does not have the same functions as GTA 4 does, therefore it's scheme is useless. It's a different game. Personally I'd invent a scheme more suited to the functions SA has, but if anyone more familiar with IV's control scheme wants to create and share that configuration, they are encouraged to. I no longer have IV.

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:12 AM Edited by wahgah, 13 February 2014 - 01:14 AM.

You sure? You have to use the emulated XInput of course but you also have to configure the XInput configuration before configuring GInput's as if you assign a wrong physical button to XInput and make up for it in GInput's configuration, it will function incorrectly in some cases.

In xbox360cemu.ini, you need to do as the comments say and set the triggers to, not a button, but an axis:

Left Trigger=9   #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; for a slider precede with 's' eg; s-1
Right Trigger=10  #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; eg; a-6; for a slider precede with 's' eg; s-1

As far as I know, in windows game controller configuration in the control panel, it should show you which axis is used for each trigger as you press them. In GInput's config you simply use -1 and -2 to reference the configuration made in xbox360cemu.ini.

Uh I did add such configuration. You simply put the right destination button on the left, and the right source button on the right:

CROSS   = A

GInput.ini

But your preconception of having to have a "GTA 4 scheme" is invalid. SA does not have the same functions as GTA 4 does, therefore it's scheme is useless. It's a different game. Personally I'd invent a scheme more suited to the functions SA has, but if anyone more familiar with IV's control scheme wants to create and share that configuration, they are encouraged to. I no longer have IV.

*cough*SilentPL* cough*

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

*cough*SilentPL* cough*

While I'm sure he could, why can't you? :p

It's an .ini file, hardly takes a genius....

Silent
  • Silent

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

*cough*SilentPL* cough*

Deji's GInput only remaps buttons to another buttons, NOT the actions. No magic I can do there :p

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

No magic I can do there :p

You should learn a few tricks wizard.gif

• LINK/2012 and gajrajgchouhan like this

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

sorry for the bump but i can't seem to send deji a pm, I was just curious if this works or can be made to work with the old 2 player mod. 

was all excited to sit down with some friends and play some san andreas on the couch when it tells me to press any button on either controller but it doesn't actually allow mw to activate it, any help on this would be appreciated!

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

sorry for the bump but i can't seem to send deji a pm, I was just curious if this works or can be made to work with the old 2 player mod. 

was all excited to sit down with some friends and play some san andreas on the couch when it tells me to press any button on either controller but it doesn't actually allow mw to activate it, any help on this would be appreciated!

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064159414

Never tested meself, but the 2 player stuff will depend on how the mod works. If it works properly, doing as much work as possible to implement it into the game 'naturally', then it will work. If it relies on some other more hacky method, it probably won't.

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 11:13 PM Edited by wahgah, 16 March 2014 - 11:52 PM.

yeah it says press controller# or controller# on 2nd controller, but nothing works. also it was naturally implemented, the mod is only the main.scm and script.img

Knightriders
  • Knightriders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:13 PM Edited by Knightriders, 25 March 2014 - 06:38 PM.

Alright so, I've been using this for a few months without issue.

This morning I fired up the game like always but once I choose to load my save file, the game froze.

Decided to have a look around to see if there was an update and sure enough, there's one. Updated to 0.3 but it's still freezing when I try to load a save file or start a new game.

Game works fine without the mod. Tried deleting the config file, still no go. Compatibility mode didn't work either. Not sure what else I could do.

Running Windows 8.1, SA 1.0 HOODLUM/Compact (I've got both to test) and Silent's ASI loader.

Edit: Huh, well, nevermind. Figured it out. For whatever reason it's MSI Afterburner that prevents the game from loading, but only when I have the mod installed. Weird as heck.

nekomaster
  • nekomaster

Nekomaster

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Having had success with ginput for GTA III, I decided to check this out for GTA San Andreas

I already have an ASI Loader since I had to get the Widescreen fix since mods seem to only work for v1.00, and 1.00 doesnt have 1920x1080 resolution (only goes up to 1440x900 which looks weird to me)

Anyways, so I put the ginput stuff into the root of my game folder and when I start up GTA SA, nothing shows up, and windows 7 switches to Windows 7 Basic theme for about 5-10 seconds before switching back.

Lookin in the task manager I see that GTA_SA.exe opens, but then closes shortly after.

Removing ginput solves the problem. I just want to use my PS3 controller via DS3 tool to play the game, is that so hard?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:44 PM

Anyways, so I put the ginput stuff into the root of my game folder

There are files required to go in your models folder, too.

and when I start up GTA SA, nothing shows up, and windows 7 switches to Windows 7 Basic theme for about 5-10 seconds before switching back.

I made a mod especially to fix that annoying Aero bug: http://gtag.gtagamin...s/110-aero-fix/
Just sayin'.. it works on III and VC too (I think).

Lookin in the task manager I see that GTA_SA.exe opens, but then closes shortly after.

Points to one of the following problems:
a) you installed it wrong
b) your game version is not compatible
c) there is a conflicting mod installed

Removing ginput solves the problem. I just want to use my PS3 controller via DS3 tool to play the game, is that so hard?

You're saying that trying to play a game that was made before PS3's even existed using a PS3 controller should be easy? That's a very bold statement.

Anyway, you shouldn't use DS3 tool with GInput. GInput uses XInput, which is a library for Xbox controllers used by many PC games in our Microsoft dominated world - as such, a patched version is required to use the library with any other type of controller. The patch is included, but since I heavily suspect you skipped the readme, you had no way of knowing.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:32 PM

Anyway, you shouldn't use DS3 tool with GInput. GInput uses XInput, which is a library for Xbox controllers used by many PC games in our Microsoft dominated world - as such, a patched version is required to use the library with any other type of controller. The patch is included, but since I heavily suspect you skipped the readme, you had no way of knowing.

... the MIJ driver supports native XInput mode anyway, so bullsh*t like x360ce is not necessary at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users