[REL|ASI|SA] GInput

262 replies to this topic
ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 23:29)
A source may be released once I get back and make some much needed updates.

You didn't said anything about IV controls, should i expect it? smile.gif

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 17:38)
buy me an Xbox controller

I did offer to send you my spare, but freight might be more expensive than buying a new one lol

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 19:50)

IV controls are overrated. My intention was fully configurable controls.

JamieK
  • JamieK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hi,

Will this work with the Steam version?

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Nope. Only 1.0 EXE afaik.

JamieK
  • JamieK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:28 AM Edited by JamieK, 25 July 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Ok, I've got a 1.0 exe, and I can play the game without having steam open at all.

Is there any way to get it working this way?
It's not working at the minute. I've tried different ASI loaders, but the game doesn't start at all unless I use the original vorbisFile.dll

I've tried 2 versions of GInput (oldest and newest versions, no change)

I've also tried xinput9_1_0 and xinput1_3 and nothing changes with either of these (not sure if im supposed to use these but gave 'em a whirl anyway)
I'm using a Xbox 360 controller for windows.

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working with a different 1.0 exe (don't know how they could be different, but they are)
Working like a charm now wink.gif

newbugatti
  • newbugatti

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:12 PM Edited by newbugatti, 25 July 2013 - 10:18 PM.

QUOTE (Deji @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 20:44)
QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 19:50)

IV controls are overrated. My intention was fully configurable controls.

These controls are not configurable at all, just like original san andreas.

This does not make any sense you can not give gas and use camera together because gas is X and camera is RS. Why can't I configure? No offence but these controls are terrible to play. Using wired xbox 360 controller. Can you tell me which file to edit I want to be like this

RT - gas
LT - brake/reverse
RB - handbrake
LB - fire/nitro
LS - steering left right up down
RS - camera

rest doesn't matter

tell me how to edit them I want to drift but saac works like crap and xpadder uses LS and RS like a keyboard button, not smoothness.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

[QUOTE=newbugatti,Thursday, Jul 25 2013, 22:12] [QUOTE=Deji,Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 20:44]These controls are not configurable at all, just like original san andreas.

This does not make any sense you can not give gas and use camera together because gas is X and camera is RS. Why can't I configure? No offence but these controls are terrible to play. Using wired xbox 360 controller. Can you tell me which file to edit I want to be like this

RT - gas
LT - brake/reverse
RB - handbrake
LB - fire/nitro
RS - camera

rest doesn't matter

tell me how to edit them I want to drift but saac works like crap and xpadder uses LS and RS like a keyboard button, not smoothness. [/QUOTE]
1. The controls are configurable. In fact, I setup R2 to drive on my PS2 pad.
2. I was talking about future updates making the controls easier to configure.

You have to use the patched XInput (made for other gamepads including PS2). Then edit xbox360cemu.ini. However, pressure sensitivity for triggers won't work as I don't have a Xbox pad to test with and didn't get the time to develop this mod any further.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:14 AM Edited by ThirteenAG, 26 July 2013 - 09:22 AM.

QUOTE (Deji @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 02:48)
1. The controls are configurable. In fact, I setup R2 to drive on my PS2 pad.

But it will make R2 also a sprint button, isn't it?

RT - gas
LT - brake/reverse
RB - handbrake
LB - fire/nitro
RS - camera

You can try my iv controls script(src), it's not finished(and never will be, it just for fun), but basically working fine. Because of method i chose to remap the buttons, sometimes i was unable to pick up the phone or skip cutscene. I made a few checks, so controls are reversed to original in cutscene/ringing phone/with textbox appeared(if it contains any button icon)/etc. Some of the actions still might not work.
CODE

in car:
RT - gas
LT - brake/reverse
RB - look right
LB - look left
A - handbrake
B - shoot

on foot:
RT - shoot
LT - aim
LS - movement, zoom in/out in sniper/photo/rpg aiming mode.
RS - camera movement
DPAD_LEFT/RIGHT - weapon scroll

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (ThirteenAG @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 09:14)
[QUOTE=Deji,Friday, Jul 26 2013, 02:48] 1. The controls are configurable. In fact, I setup R2 to drive on my PS2 pad. [/QUOTE]
But it will make R2 also a sprint button, isn't it? [/QUOTE]

Perhaps I may be talking about the alpha version I was last working on blush.gif

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Friday, Jul 26 2013, 16:38)
Perhaps I may be talking about the alpha version I was last working on blush.gif

Ah, splendid!

Emillister
  • Emillister

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Few issues with this mod:

1. Mod doesn't recognize stick dirrections. Shows "Press [Left Stick, with no dirrection] and [Left Stick, with no direction] to steer, when it should tell "Press [Left Stick, left] and [Left Stick, right] to steer.

2. Some texts just go outside the text box, because of the icons.

3. Mapscreen shows mouse + keyboard buttons.

I hope these get fixed. lol.gif Because mod is awesome! biggrin.gif

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE (Emillister @ Sunday, Jul 28 2013, 13:22)
Few issues with this mod:

1. Mod doesn't recognize stick dirrections. Shows "Press [Left Stick, with no dirrection] and [Left Stick, with no direction] to steer, when it should tell "Press [Left Stick, left] and [Left Stick, right] to steer.

Not a bug. There isn't space for more button textures, but I may try to increase the limits when I get back to working on this.

Will fix when I can.

Will fix when I can.

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

Pretty sure I've reported those 3 bugs to you as well. I know that Function-X was working on some XBOX buttons for me as well at some point.

Also, #2 can be 'avoided' by using ThirteenAG's mod : http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=16439

M0RB0
  • M0RB0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:38 PM Edited by M0RB0, 11 January 2014 - 02:24 AM.

Hi Deji, I've been testing your mod and it's great but I'm having a problem. In the PS2 version when you invert the "y axis" of the right stick (invert look option = off), only the camera on foot, in the vehicles and when you aiming are inverted, but when you invert the "y axis" of the right stick (right stick y option = on) in the Pc version all are inverted including the "Turret Control". Any chance that the PC version right stick option works like in PS2 version (only camera inverted no turret control inverted). Thanks a lot and great mod.

crackshot91
  • crackshot91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

Wow, Deji this is basically perfect. wow.gif

Except for one glaring issue (imo): The lack of a pressure-sensitive/analog acceleration/braking control. The PS2 had pressure sensitive face buttons, and the xbox had analog triggers. I'd really love for a way to control my gas pedal properly. As it stands, driving is really only slightly better than using a keyboard with mouse steering.

I was using SAAC, but since the left/right triggers on the 360 controller are on the same axis (wtf microsoft??), I had to look elsewhere. I found this mod, and it really is wonderful! If you could fix this one problem, or maybe work with SilentPL (his trigger acceleration/braking works great in VC/III), it'd be an absolute godsend. biggrin.gif

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:46 AM Edited by The Clansman, 31 August 2013 - 03:52 AM.

I'm using an x360 controller, and the free look on foot doesn't work. I'm doing something wrong?

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Change controls style to Joypad.

The Clansman
  • The Clansman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yep, that's what I done even before asking for help here. Still no luck.

Mega
  • Mega

And remember: respect is EVERYTHING!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (The Clansman @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 10:53)
Yep, that's what I done even before asking for help here. Still no luck.

Perhaps it's that annoying dinput8.dll problem?

qbanb8582
  • qbanb8582

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

I Haven't been able to get this to run. I downgraded to version 1.0. When I put Ginput in the root it doesn't launch, if I put it in scripts folder the game crashes at the title screen.

Is there anything I could be doing wrong? I can confirm I got silent's ASI loading right cuz I put in the widescreen fix and that works.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

I Haven't been able to get this to run. I downgraded to version 1.0. When I put Ginput in the root it doesn't launch, if I put it in scripts folder the game crashes at the title screen.

Is there anything I could be doing wrong? I can confirm I got silent's ASI loading right cuz I put in the widescreen fix and that works.

You have to install other files, not just the .asi file. Read the README.txt file provided in the download. You must have the xinput9_1_0.dll and xbox360cemu.ini files in your main SA directory if not using an Xbox controller and both installation types require a 'ps2btns.txd' in your models directory to display button textures.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:56 PM Edited by Deji, 30 September 2013 - 07:57 PM.

By the way, did anyone ever test the other fixes?

• Multiple pads can be used for 2 player mode*
  • 2 player pool games can be started*

* Untested (in BETA)

http://gtag.gtagamin...ods/107-ginput/

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:51 PM

Spoiler
No sorry, I don't have a 2nd controller to test.

Silent
  • Silent

• Feroci
  • Poland
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

If only somehow you'd be able to plug your X360 controller as a second controller (the ID 2 light toggled on it), yes. Otherwise, don't think so.

qbanb8582
  • qbanb8582

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

You have to install other files, not just the .asi file. Read the README.txt file provided in the download. You must have the xinput9_1_0.dll and xbox360cemu.ini files in your main SA directory if not using an Xbox controller and both installation types require a 'ps2btns.txd' in your models directory to display button textures.

I'm using an xbox 360 controller. I put the ASI file in the root dir, plus I put the contents of the xbox360 folder in the models folder.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:44 AM Edited by Deji, 04 October 2013 - 09:45 AM.

Perhaps I will have to add extra stuff to force multiplayer to cooperate.

I'm using an xbox 360 controller. I put the ASI file in the root dir, plus I put the contents of the xbox360 folder in the models folder.

The ps2btns.txd file needs to be in the models folder. Also make sure your in-game settings are set to use a controller, then it should work as long as it works for other PC games.

Randy_Rabbit
  • Randy_Rabbit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hey guys, so I was directed to this topic when I mentioned that I was having issues and I've tried to install it using the ASI loader provided in this topic but I just can't get it to work. The images are all working correctly but I just can't get it to work. 

I've followed all the instructions provided in the README and I think everything is where it should be (and I'm using SA 1.0) but it just won't work. Anybody got any ideas? :)

Thanks. :) 

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hey guys, so I was directed to this topic when I mentioned that I was having issues and I've tried to install it using the ASI loader provided in this topic but I just can't get it to work. The images are all working correctly but I just can't get it to work. 

I've followed all the instructions provided in the README and I think everything is where it should be (and I'm using SA 1.0) but it just won't work. Anybody got any ideas? :)

What type of controller are you using?

Randy_Rabbit
  • Randy_Rabbit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by Randy_Rabbit, 24 November 2013 - 08:22 PM.

What type of controller are you using?

PS2 with a USB adapter mate. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users