Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:11 PM Edited by Silent, 31 January 2015 - 02:11 PM.

That's probably a bug with Deji's GInput, since wrong helps should never appear in default controls. The issues my GInput has happen only in IV controls mode, which is custom.

EDIT:
But indeed, some GXT entries are incorrect, R* didn't know how to use their own PC keycodes too ;d
  • Blackbird88 likes this

ALCAMJI
  • ALCAMJI

Crackhead

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:43 PM

Good to know, also, here you have ps2btns.txd redone with Android buttons for PS3/Xbox 360 controllers

PS3 buttons: http://www.mediafire...d34/ps2btns.txd
360 buttons: http://www.mediafire...xu4/ps2btns.txd

i9GkIell3Ah8N.pngibhp31LNU4l4qu.png

• Mega likes this

Warofart
  • Warofart

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:49 AM Edited by Warofart, 01 February 2015 - 08:31 AM.

I've only started modding SA, and I've gotten the silent patch, widescreen, etc working. But I just can't seem to get this one to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

So I have a PS3 controller with "Better DS3" and it works great with all games. Do I need still this? When I open up San Andreas the controller just didn't work properly, so I assumed I did. If I do, then how do I properly install it? I have been following the readme. Oh and I'm noticing the L2/L1 triggers don't work.

PS: Also I see 2 .exe's which one should I use? Newer one? Appreciate the help.

mirh
  • mirh

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:33 PM

I've only started modding SA, and I've gotten the silent patch, widescreen, etc working. But I just can't seem to get this one to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

So I have a PS3 controller with "Better DS3" and it works great with all games. Do I need still this? When I open up San Andreas the controller just didn't work properly, so I assumed I did. If I do, then how do I properly install it? I have been following the readme. Oh and I'm noticing the L2/L1 triggers don't work.

PS: Also I see 2 .exe's which one should I use? Newer one? Appreciate the help.

Use SCP drivers. MotionJoy is devil

• Blackbird88 likes this

Warofart
  • Warofart

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:37 PM Edited by Warofart, 03 February 2015 - 06:06 AM.

Use SCP drivers. MotionJoy is devil

I'm just using the drivers, not the program itself. What I want to know is how to get this to work with my PS3 controller. Drivers are drivers aren't they?

Edit: it works now, I had to switch the "profile" in Better DS3 to PS2 instead of trying to emulate the Xbox360 pad. Works wonderfully, only minor problem is it shows xbox prompts instead of PS2 even though I changed the buttons to be like PS2 layout. It says "R2 to target" when I set it to be R1 in the ini file. It's very minor since I already know the keys, but perhaps there's a way to fix this.  Thanks again.

The1stUchiha
  • The1stUchiha

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:07 AM

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing so I don't suppose there is a guide that I can use to help me?

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 08 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing so I don't suppose there is a guide that I can use to help me?

Even though Deji included installation instructions?

keanan26
  • keanan26

Crackhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

is it possible to get to work on new steam version

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:03 PM

Not this one since Deji has pretty much left it behind, but there's another version out there which will be getting New Steam support.
  • keanan26 likes this

keanan26
  • keanan26

Crackhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

is that silents by any chance

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:11 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 09 March 2015 - 10:12 PM.

is that silents by any chance

Yep it is  :)

• keanan26 likes this

LeatherJohnny
  • LeatherJohnny

It Won't Tear

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Hey cookie monster, wanted to say on behalf of everyone here a MASSIVE THANK YOU for this ginput it is a really big improvement on deji's for one the button textures while dancing are correct and now I can do the lowrider compitions.  The up down commands were inverted with Deji's Ginput.

Thanks again. :)

Silent
  • Silent

Altering R* Vision™ since 2008

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:40 AM

This isn't my topic, mate :pp

LeatherJohnny
  • LeatherJohnny

It Won't Tear

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

No, I know but a thank you defo' needed to be said, I have come across a problem, not with your mod but more Through changing a operating system (Windows 7 Professional)

I am trying to put this back into my new install of the game, with no luck I keep getting error loading ginputsa.asi. last time I inastalled gta united, then deji's ginput, then yours but that seems a lot of hassle just to make my controller work.

can you render assistance please?

Thanks again

inadequate
  • inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

This is topic is by Deji dude, visit the GInput topic by Silent and post your message.

WhatKilledU
  • WhatKilledU

''When we want you, we'll find you''

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

GInput

Download

Due to San Andreas being ported to PC from the PS2 version, the control system has been changed a lot. Unfortunately, the replacement isn't too great for PC's using Joypads and people used to the PS2 or Xbox versions will never get the same feel from this system as the exact console controls can't be replicated.

GTA IV doesn't have this problem, however. XInput, an API for Xbox360 controllers published by Microsoft as part of DirectX, is used to handle joypad input, and it works pretty well. The fact it only worked for Xbox360 pads influenced a user-made patch (provided with GInput) which allows configuration of XInput to work with pretty much any joypad on the market, so I decided it would be a good idea to use this to enhance the control system in GTASA.

107-1349155937-poolprompt_th.png

So GInput knocks out GTASA's current DirectInput system in favour of XInput. It also replaces keyboard key names with PS2 or Xbox button textures, making the controls feel just like the console versions. As it directly processes the controls based on what joypad buttons are pressed, skipping the menu configuration, all the controls work the same as the console versions. Wheras before this was not possible as SA would stop the same buttons having multiple uses.

Download

Hi,I just recently downloaded ginput and its great but there is one problem my vehicle camera is inverted where as I put the joypad settings as right stick Y inverted:On how do I make my vehicle where the camera is like when I'm not in a vehicle.If you could help me that would be really good please tell me as soon as you can.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

GInput

Download

Due to San Andreas being ported to PC from the PS2 version, the control system has been changed a lot. Unfortunately, the replacement isn't too great for PC's using Joypads and people used to the PS2 or Xbox versions will never get the same feel from this system as the exact console controls can't be replicated.

GTA IV doesn't have this problem, however. XInput, an API for Xbox360 controllers published by Microsoft as part of DirectX, is used to handle joypad input, and it works pretty well. The fact it only worked for Xbox360 pads influenced a user-made patch (provided with GInput) which allows configuration of XInput to work with pretty much any joypad on the market, so I decided it would be a good idea to use this to enhance the control system in GTASA.

So GInput knocks out GTASA's current DirectInput system in favour of XInput. It also replaces keyboard key names with PS2 or Xbox button textures, making the controls feel just like the console versions. As it directly processes the controls based on what joypad buttons are pressed, skipping the menu configuration, all the controls work the same as the console versions. Wheras before this was not possible as SA would stop the same buttons having multiple uses.

Download

Hi,I just recently downloaded ginput and its great but there is one problem my vehicle camera is inverted where as I put the joypad settings as right stick Y inverted:On how do I make my vehicle where the camera is like when I'm not in a vehicle.If you could help me that would be really good please tell me as soon as you can.

Use Silent's GInput. It's much easier to configure

http://gtaforums.com.../562765-ginput/

WhatKilledU
  • WhatKilledU

''When we want you, we'll find you''

• Members
  • England

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

GInput

Download

Download

GInput

Download

Download

Ah you can configure it how please tell me,I had that ginput before but didn't know how to configure please tell me how.

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

Not using Cinematic FPS

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:29 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 01 July 2015 - 03:29 PM.

Open the GinputSA.ini

It's all there ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users