Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:22 PM

This issue with text can be fixed?

5FMUqVh.jpg

Only by modifying the .gxt file which contains the text. The proper text should be:
Push up or down on the ~h~left analog stick~w~, to shift your weight on the bike.
So they even changed the description of the actions to "this and that" whereas in the PS2 version it's "this or that" which makes way more sense. For reasons like that alone, I obviously didn't bother trying to work around that. It's best just left to the GXT or CLEO script printing it.

CallMeVlad
  • CallMeVlad

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:06 PM Edited by CallMeVlad, 24 May 2014 - 06:52 PM.

Hello! First time poster here.  Sorry if this is long, but I'd rather give info that's not needed than leave something out.

I'm having a little trouble getting the mod working properly.  I'm using Steam for my GTASA.  My controller is an F310 Logitech gaming controller, which is detected automatically by the game (in both the 3.0, 1.01, and 1.0 exe's).  I don't get any error messages, but the game doesn't start, and I've gone through all the steps I can think of from reading the thread here.

Here's what I've done so far:

1) Gotten the downgrader and used it to get a 1.01 version of my .exe file, placing it in same directory as my original .exe file. 
2) I read from one of the posts here that I need Silent's ASI Loader (version 12).  I moved the 2 vorbis files to my steam directory (after backing the originals up).  Then I made a scripts folder in my GTASA directory, putting the global.ini and settings.ini files into that folder.

3) Extracted the GInput.ini and GInput.asi files into my GTASA directory.  Then moved the XInput9_1_0.dll files to the GTASA directory and the ps2btns.txd file (from the GInput xbox360 folder) to the models folders in the directory.

The problem is that when I run my 1.01 .exe file, the game doesn't load.  I read matthjsvdpoel123's post from the first page of this forum, and thought maybe my problem was the version of my exe file, so I tried using a 1.0 version instead, and the same issue happens.  My screen changes color modes (which is a normal thing for the game), and my Logitech Profiler starts, then my screen changes back to normal color mode, with the game never having started.

So I backed up a few steps:
4) After reverting my changes from step 3, and found that if I don't have the the Ginput.asi file in my directory, I can run the .exe file and get in game.  I'm not sure why that file would prevent the game from running, but it seems to be.

In a vanilla steam install, when I set the controller scheme to joypad, it shows "Joy4 to get on the bike, Joy2 to accelerate" in the instructions.  I want the XBox360 controls to show in the tutorial, I was under the impression that ps2btns.txd file (from the GInput xbox360 folder) was the part that changed that, maybe I'm wrong.  I don't want to have to use the keypad/mouse for anything critical to gameplay, otherwise I'll run into issues like drive-by strafing being hellish, like other posters have described, though I could live with being stuck using the mousewheel for changing radio stations if I had to. 

I already tried a full, clean reinstall, repeating steps 1-3 (trying step 1 with both the 1.01 and 1.0 versions of the exe) and got the same results, so I'm pretty sure I did what I was supposed to, unless I left out some steps. 
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, please help me out if you have any thoughts!

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

GInput only supports 1.0 version of GTA SA, and the Steam/3.0 version cannot be downgraded.

You could try searching for a '1.0US gta_sa.exe' download and it should work fine for GInput itself - but your game will still have some 'different' files (as far as I can remember just the gta3.img and main.scm/script.img files, but I'm not sure) due to it being a post-hot coffee era game n'all.

It's an unfortunate irony of GTA SA now. Most get it on PC for the modding capabilities and fixes and end up getting the most recent versions (for fixes) and find they can't really mod it at all, and they're better off using the older version for better fixes :p
  • ThirteenAG and CallMeVlad like this

CallMeVlad
  • CallMeVlad

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:48 PM

Woot!
I can get in-game now w/the controller working! It's just a matter of modifying the xbox360cemu.ini file to match up to the tutorial controls now, which is manageable. 
Thanks, Deji!

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:28 PM Edited by Spadge007, 07 June 2014 - 04:40 PM.

Doesn't work for me

I've got an Xbox controller, what do I have to do ?

VERSA
  • VERSA

Flying Ped in Space

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

Is there any possibility to make PS2 controls for xbox gamepad? Vehicle controls is just horrible...gas/brake on the triggers (in gta4/5 it makes sense, but not here), invert mouse look...uuugghh. What R* was thinking while making this crap...no one knows. PS2 controls is not perfect too, but at least my gamepad will not break, because if I'll continue to use bike - my right trigger will die very soon.

• djdori11 likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:14 AM

Is there any possibility to make PS2 controls for xbox gamepad? Vehicle controls is just horrible...gas/brake on the triggers (in gta4/5 it makes sense, but not here), invert mouse look...uuugghh. What R* was thinking while making this crap...no one knows. PS2 controls is not perfect too, but at least my gamepad will not break, because if I'll continue to use bike - my right trigger will die very soon.

Yeah, just look inside the 'GInput.ini' file. It should be pretty easy to configure since it already has the PS2 and Xbox set-ups. Just change the assignments of them at the top.
  • VERSA likes this

VERSA
  • VERSA

Flying Ped in Space

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:37 AM

Yeah, just look inside the 'GInput.ini' file. It should be pretty easy to configure since it already has the PS2 and Xbox set-ups. Just change the assignments of them at the top.

Guess who's the noob? that's right - me. Epic facepalm :sui:

Thank you so much, you helped me out :colgate:  And by looking into this ini file I managed to make camera work the same on foot/vehicle - I just wrote "-100" to SensitivityRightY and it's done. Now everything is perfect for me :^:

VERSA
  • VERSA

Flying Ped in Space

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:38 AM

I have a question...or a suggestion about vertical camera look on the vehicles. The problem is, for example, I like when vertical camera is inverted, in SA meaning, that's when you push analog stick up and camera looks up, by default SA meaning normal camera is when you push analog up and camera looks down...I don't know where is logic in this, but never mind. The problem is not in this, problem starts in mini games such as dancing and low ride, because now when I press "up" SA understands it like "down" and vice versa. Is it pain in the ass? hell yeah. It would be great if my camera setting didn't effect on mini games. Is it possible?

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

There is an Invert Look option which was only used on PS2* and it's exactly what you want to do.

As Deji isn't going to update GInput anytime soon afaik, you could just try this litte CLEO:

{$CLEO}
0A8C: write_memory 0xB73402 size 1 value 1 virtual_protect 0
0A93: end_custom_thread
https://dl.dropboxus.../invert_look.cs

When you get this to work, invert the axis back like it used to be. It should work well then.

* The same option which exists at InvertLook in III and VC GInput.
  • VERSA likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:31 PM

You can change the inversion settings in GInput.ini - and make them context-dependent.

VERSA
  • VERSA

Flying Ped in Space

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

As Deji isn't going to update GInput anytime soon afaik, you could just try this litte CLEO:
When you get this to work, invert the axis back like it used to be. It should work well then.

OMG! It works! hahaha! Oh man, thank you sooo much!

You can change the inversion settings in GInput.ini - and make them context-dependent.

Yes, I was doing inversion from the ini by making parameter "SensitivityRightY = -100" on foot and on vehicle, but it effects on mini games too and don't know actually how to make this to be "context-dependent" but never mind, Silent helped me out. But thank you both guys.

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by Spadge007, 21 June 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Hey guys !

I recently installed GInput on GTA VC and GTA III without any problem, now I wanted to get the mod runnin' on GTA SA PC. I followed the instructions and there was no effect in the game.

Can someone go through all the aspects with me ? Maybe I just did an mistake. I tried with an asiloader, but maybe there I made a mistake to (bad version or something else). Can someone give me a link to an asiloader, because in shadows page there a soo much of them.

Another important things : I have a german computer, but my game is english. (I said that because I had issues with GTA III with this mod, upgrading 1.1 there fixed it for me).

I have an XBOX Wireless controller for PC, not one with a wire. There's something interesting about that. My friend tried this wireless controller on modern games, since they should support Xinput, every button should be set, but they weren't. However, as he used an original XBOX Controller with a wire, all the controls were set automatically, with vibration and everything.

Using Windowns 7 64 BIT.

So yeah, I tried and no effect, can somebody help me here ? Should I buy a wire controller ?

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

Hey guys !

I recently installed GInput on GTA VC and GTA III without any problem, now I wanted to get the mod runnin' on GTA SA PC. I followed the instructions and there was no effect in the game.
Can someone go through all the aspects with me ? Maybe I just did an mistake. I tried with an asiloader, but maybe there I made a mistake to (bad version or something else). Can someone give me a link to an asiloader, because in shadows page there a soo much of them.

Another important things : I have a german computer, but my game is english. (I said that because I had issues with GTA III with this mod, upgrading 1.1 there fixed it for me).
I have an XBOX Wireless controller for PC, not one with a wire. There's something interesting about that. My friend tried this wireless controller on modern games, since they should support Xinput, every button should be set, but they weren't. However, as he used an original XBOX Controller with a wire, all the controls were set automatically, with vibration and everything.

Using Windowns 7 64 BIT.

So yeah, I tried and no effect, can somebody help me here ? Should I buy a wire controller ?

You're saying the wireless one failed on a controller-supported Windows game? You should check your controller input is even getting to the OS in the control panel (Devices and Printers > Right-click controller > Game controller settings - or something, can't remember exactly and my pad is totally broken). If not, the controller either isn't working or there is something wrong with the wireless adapters USB connection (assuming you are using the wireless adapter - since that's pretty important :p).

Aside from that, I've no idea what else to check until it's at least known to work with any game using XInput.

razer.aj
  • razer.aj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 08:16 AM Edited by razer.aj, 03 July 2014 - 08:34 AM.

Could someone help me out.

The game crashes if I have my controller connected to my PC. It crashes right when the videos start to play (right after the nVidia logo). If I disconnect my controller, the game will work again.

I'm running V1.0 US.
My gta_sa.exe file size is: 14,383,616 bytes
I don't see the version being an issue here.

I use a PS2 controller via those PS2toUSB controller converter things. I believe these are supported.

No other Mods were loaded. Just GINPUT.
What could I possibly be doing wrong?!

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:42 PM

The game crashes if I have my controller connected to my PC. It crashes right when the videos start to play (right after the nVidia logo). If I disconnect my controller, the game will work again.

I'm running V1.0 US.

I use a PS2 controller via those PS2toUSB controller converter things. I believe these are supported.

Make sure the 'ps2btns.txd' file is correctly installed. That seems to be the most likely thing being loaded at that point.

If that fails, make sure you installed the other PS2 stuff right too, but based on what you're describing, I'd put my money on the misplaced .txd.

razer.aj
  • razer.aj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:20 PM Edited by razer.aj, 03 July 2014 - 04:56 PM.

I'm running V1.0 US.

Make sure the 'ps2btns.txd' file is correctly installed. That seems to be the most likely thing being loaded at that point.

If that fails, make sure you installed the other PS2 stuff right too, but based on what you're describing, I'd put my money on the misplaced .txd.

The .txd file is placed in the Models folder. I assume that's where its supposed to be.

Regarding the other PS2 files, they're in the GTA SA root folder. The files were not modified in any way.

UPDATE: That's odd. It only crashes when using the files in the PS2 folder. I tried switching it out for the ones in the Xbox folder and the game launched with my controller plugged in. Naturally my controller didn't work in game as it was a PS2 controller and not a controller with XInput support.
So I'm guessing it's got something to do with the x360cemu.ini file or the xinput9_1_0.dll file.

UPDATE 2: So I tried plugging in the controller after the video loaded. Good news is: Game didn't crash. Bad news: Controller doesn't work. The game prompts show PS2 buttons during the tutorial segments but the controller is not responsive.

UPDATE 3: Okay. Narrowed it down to x360cemu.ini file. If I delete just that and keep the rest, the game launches fine but naturally no controller support. Vice-versa with the xinput.dll since they are essentially linked. So there's something wrong in the x360ce config?

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:15 PM Edited by uncredited, 17 July 2014 - 12:09 AM.

I am using Logitech Dual Action Pad. Anytime I try to assign a particular key, that same key does not work in-game. Only the joysticks work so I am restricted to only move CJ around, nothing more.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by Deji, 16 July 2014 - 11:55 PM.

UPDATE 3: Okay. Narrowed it down to x360cemu.ini file. If I delete just that and keep the rest, the game launches fine but naturally no controller support. Vice-versa with the xinput.dll since they are essentially linked. So there's something wrong in the x360ce config?

Possible. Never had a problem myself.

I am using Logitech Dual Action Pad. I have installed compact exe since I have the original V2 DVD and using Silent's last patch and asi loader. Nothing happens in-game as if the mod was not installed. What should I do? Which files do I need to use? PS2 or XBOX? Thanks.

The ones in the PS2 folder will work for any pad, but its preset configuration will mostly only work with a PS controller. You'll have to edit the x360cemu.ini file to correctly assign your controls to Xbox ones. That includes joystick assignment.

@Both
You can try testing your configurations with XInputTest.exe:
https://dl.dropboxus.../XInputTest.exe

Plop it next to gta_sa.exe and it should correctly show your pad input if XInput is installed and set up right. If GInput still doesn't work, then it should be down to either the gta_sa.exe or incorrect/incomplete GInput installation.

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

Thanks for your reply. Besides, I do not understand every key that are written, like shoulder and all. Do I have to configure my joysticks too? It is not clear enough for me, I am sorry.

Zera
  • Zera

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:16 AM

So, is there any way to actually use trigger sensitivity while driving? By that I obviously mean acceleration control.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

So, is there any way to actually use trigger sensitivity while driving? By that I obviously mean acceleration control.

Nope. The code doesn't support that.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Do I have to configure my joysticks too?

Maybe. Depends if they work already or not. Did you try the XInputTest.exe app?

uncredited
  • uncredited

Midnight Marauder

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Not yet since I have got a new PC. SA is installed on the old one. I remember I use the same xinput for IV and it actually works with my pad without any need of modifications. I might try the same config, see if it works.

Zera
  • Zera

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

Nope. The code doesn't support that.

It worked on your VC version, so I thought it might work here too.

Oh well.

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

tommycjnikojohnnyluis fan

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by gajrajgchouhan, 2 weeks ago.

Hey Guys,

I extracted ginput.asi and ginput.ini and files inside playstation to game main directory where gta_sa.exe but when i run game rockstar logo come and than it crashes i m using enter e-gpv gamepad [www.flipkart.com/enter-e-gpv-gamepad/p/itmdf2z9kqtcnzzw?pid=ACCDF2Z7KXGSZEP7&]

James78
  • James78

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by James78, 2 weeks ago.

ginput was working before I changed the compatibility of the gta_exe from xp to 98. After changing the gta_exe to windows 98 it will not recognize the right thumb stick on my controller. I need the game to run in windows 98 because my computer was minimizing the game every 2 minutes. If you guys could please help me i would appreciate it. also the text in the upper left box does not show the controls of the controller but the controls of the keyboard, again this is after i have changed the compatibility of the gta_exe.

nvm i fixed it.

Maher90
  • Maher90

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Egypt

Posted A week ago

Hey Guys,Can someone make a Ginput.ini configured with Xbox or Ps2 like controls please? The Default .ini is messed up and doesn't represent true Console Controls and it's hard for me to understand it's structure (jeez silent why can't you make one yourself!) so thanks in advance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users