Photo

[ASI] GInput

162 replies to this topic
Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

Anyway, you shouldn't use DS3 tool with GInput. GInput uses XInput, which is a library for Xbox controllers used by many PC games in our Microsoft dominated world - as such, a patched version is required to use the library with any other type of controller. The patch is included, but since I heavily suspect you skipped the readme, you had no way of knowing.

... the MIJ driver supports native XInput mode anyway, so bullsh*t like x360ce is not necessary at all.

Well for me that thing has never worked. But then I have a PS2 pad and even Windows confuses it for a PS3 pad. The emulator is the only thing that I can guarantee.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 days ago

Well for me that thing has never worked. But then I have a PS2 pad and even Windows confuses it for a PS3 pad. The emulator is the only thing that I can guarantee.

It's just you.

SN8QQ23l.jpg

With proper drivers you DON'T need x360ce. With them, Windows sees DualShock as a X360 pad.
  • lpgunit likes this

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Deji, 2 days ago.

It's just you.

No, it's a known issue with PS2 pads on PC. The vendor and product ID's are identical to those of a PS3 controller, which is why it's utterly impossible to get vibration support on one.

On the other hand, DS3Tool doesn't work because it seems to expect the pad to be connected via bluetooth and definitely not a USB converter.

Silent
  • Silent

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 days ago

True, but notice he's asking about a PS3, NOT a PS2 controller. So he doesn't need to use x360ce.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

True, but notice he's asking about a PS3, NOT a PS2 controller. So he doesn't need to use x360ce.

Well yes, I noticed that.. but the post you replied to was explaining why I wouldn't recommend DS3Tool. It has limited support, much unlike x360ce. You've mis-corrected me and then concluded that I misread something that I replied to. That's irony :p

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted A day ago

No, it's a known issue with PS2 pads on PC. The vendor and product ID's are identical to those of a PS3 controller, which is why it's utterly impossible to get vibration support on one.

yours maybe, my dual-mode PS2 pad has the vendor ID of a known PS2-to-USB bridge manufacturer

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted A day ago

yours maybe, my dual-mode PS2 pad has the vendor ID of a known PS2-to-USB bridge manufacturer

So you can get it vibrating, can you?

Actually, I found out about the issue on the ps2dev forums. Someone looked deeper into it and figured it must have just emulated a known vendor ID in order to be recognized by the operating system. I'm thinking it's an issue with the connection, rather than the pad itself, but as I said, it's well known by those who actually try to play on PC with a PS2 pad.

Silent
  • Silent

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A day ago

You once mentioned your PS2 pad isn't actual DualShock 2 so maybe that's the reason :p

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted A day ago Edited by Deji, A day ago.

You once mentioned your PS2 pad isn't actual DualShock 2 so maybe that's the reason :p

Uh, no? In fact, I have more than one PS2 controller and they all behave the same.

And the very fact DS3Tool is called DS3Tool would be the first clue that it wouldn't work with a DS2 pad :p

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted A day ago

Uh, no? In fact, I have more than one PS2 controller and they all behave the same.

And the very fact DS3Tool is called DS3Tool would be the first clue that it wouldn't work with a DS2 pad :p

hey i don't recommend ds3tool because it doesn't work with my ps2 controllers

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted A day ago

hey i don't recommend ds3tool because it doesn't work with my ps2 controllers

So it only works for PS3 controllers and is thus useless to anyone else anyway? The fact GInput is designed to restore the controller functionality which was available in the console versions of GTASA, means packaging something which doesn't support PS2 controllers would be plain stupid. So again, why would I have any reason to support a tool I've never seen working with a certain type of controller over something which supports all controllers? Let go of your fanboyisms :p

Silent
  • Silent

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A day ago

No one asks you to ship those drivers, it's all about the fact you said he needs x360ce to get his PS3 pad working with GInput :p

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted A day ago Edited by Deji, A day ago.

No one asks you to ship those drivers, it's all about the fact you said he needs x360ce to get his PS3 pad working with GInput :p

I recommended x360ce to get his PS3 pad working with GInput, yes. Because that's what I know works with GInput, for all supportable devices. Therefore it's an easily recommendable tool for maximum support.

Just like how you wouldn't recommend a modified .exe with any of your mods. You may not be able to definitely know that it is the cause of a particular problem, but in order to be best sure it's best to use what's guaranteed to work. In fact, most software is provides recommendations which may or may not be accurate considering how specific they are, but it doesn't change what's logically the best recommendation, which has been my point for a few posts now... The true question is, what was your reason to question my recommendation, if they really do provide equal results (which they don't always)?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users