[ASI] GInput

146 replies to this topic
GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:43 AM

Does this mod have vibration?
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, I am really sleepy and was really planning on playing SA when I get up. (I some how made my game get 30FPS on average, and up to 60FPS in certain areas, I can fully enjoy SA now)

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 02:43)
Does this mod have vibration?
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, I am really sleepy and was really planning on playing SA when I get up. (I some how made my game get 30FPS on average, and up to 60FPS in certain areas, I can fully enjoy SA now)

It's like, 3 posts up where I mention that I cant work on vibration until I have an Xbox360 pad (as they are the only ones XInput vibration seems to support as far as I know), which wont happen anytime soon.

@matthijsvdpoel123
I'm going to try and work on a config for buttons for the next release. Any particular reason you dont need the other features? Also, if you don't include the XInput files, GInput will still replace the textures, and wont register any joypad actions.

matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:00 PM Edited by matthijsvdpoel123, 02 March 2013 - 01:13 PM.

QUOTE (Deji @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 03:58)

@matthijsvdpoel123
I'm going to try and work on a config for buttons for the next release. Any particular reason you dont need the other features? Also, if you don't include the XInput files, GInput will still replace the textures, and wont register any joypad actions.

Well, I do already have the perfect controls. And last time i tried it, all the settings were deleted. And my controller doesn't support xInput.
Actually I want it really bad because I'm working on a PS2 adaption for the PC biggrin.gif
If the buttons-only would work without other settings, it would be amazing!

Thanks you work on it!

Edit: It would be the best if the icons were just like in the PS2 version. they DON'T have to link with MY joypad. Just the icons like in the PS2 version biggrin.gif. Thanks mate

Greetings
Matthijs cool.gif

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

The icons needed upscaling from the PS2 version as the PS2 is low-resolution. Plus, no txd manager in existance seems to be able to read all of the textures, so I got all artistic and designed em myself. I couldn't figure out quite how to extract usable images out of IV's texture files either.

matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 13:51)
The icons needed upscaling from the PS2 version as the PS2 is low-resolution. Plus, no txd manager in existance seems to be able to read all of the textures, so I got all artistic and designed em myself. I couldn't figure out quite how to extract usable images out of IV's texture files either.

Well I think they look quite nice and similar to the real PS2.
But Can they be in my PC game? without any other changements?

Thanks Mate

Greetings cool.gif
Matthijs

matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Mate,

I've found this progam called PS2 txd Viewer 1.2 : http://www.thegtapla...-ps2-txd-viewer

You can read ps2 .txd 's with that one. I've tried it and it worked.

But I still can't place those in my PC game sad.gif

Greetings cool.gif
Matthijs

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

It cant read all textures. And I've already said, removing Xinput will disable it's ability to function.

matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 22:18)
It cant read all textures. And I've already said, removing Xinput will disable it's ability to function.

That's such a pity sad.gif
But Isn't it possible to make a MOD which replaces ''JOY13'' into (for example) a square (your self-made icons).
That shouldn't be too hard, should it?
Which program could I use for making such mod?

Thanks

Greetings cool.gif
Matthijs

methodunderg
  • methodunderg

Gramps

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

So I FINALLY got around to testing this.. I know, its bad on my part since I nagged you a few years ago to configure your scripts to be controller-friendly.. But I blew the dust off this bad-boy whilst testing Black Market Mod..

It works 99% perfectly, but I have a few bugs .. See images below, and the comments below about them.

user posted image
These 'symbols' are for the D-Pad, not the joystick, any chance of the below pictures (the 'L') with a small arrow above, below, left and right of the image to dictate using the Thumbstick?
The 'L' icons from this picture would work perfect : https://sites.google...xboxbuttons.png

user posted image
Looking into the .txd, I understand that this is the 'L3' button from the PS3. This works on the XBOX360 controller as up and down on the left thumbstick.
If the above ^^ was capable, then this could/should be changed to reflect that.

Also, notice how the text is outside the black box?
Normally I use ThirteenAG's mod here. So this isn't a real 'problem' for me, but may be for others.
Although I haven't tested this mod with your GInput yet

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Well, the problem with the text is with the GXT language file:
CODE
Use ~k~~GO_FORWARD~, ~k~~GO_BACK~, ~k~~GO_LEFT~ and ~k~~GO_RIGHT~ to move Carl.

All GInput tries to do is replace the key text, but only the keyboard has to distinctly separate each direction into a different button. In the PS2 version, the string looks like this:
CODE
Use the ~H~left analog stick~W~ to move Carl.

So it's really down to making a few changes to that file if you want a more authentic experience with the controls. If I was better with textures, I could try and make "push stick to left" etc. buttons, but that would have to wait a while.

And I'm not sure why the text overflows in that first message. For me it displays perfectly. Perhaps it depends on screen resolution. I'll try and look into it the next time I'm working on GInput.

methodunderg
  • methodunderg

Gramps

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I will do a search tonight, and see if I can find a set of icons to use. Otherwise I might ask my good friend Narcis_speed to make some, or even Function-X. Both have done many requests for me over the years. icon14.gif

I think my current resolution is 1400 * 1050. As I said, its not really a problem for me, as I usually use ThirteenAG's script icon14.gif

matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by matthijsvdpoel123, 04 March 2013 - 10:14 PM.

So what is your mod about? Is it about getting those symbols into the game? Further nothing?
If it is that, You're great! Cuz that's what I need.

Oh yeah, Deji was right.

It should be this : Use the ~H~left analog stick~W~ to move Carl.

I hope you do that in your awesome MOD.

Greetings cool.gif
Matthijs

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

SURVEY QUESTION!

Do you find your pads joysticks to not be quite as accurate as they should be? I have a non-official PS2 pad and the sensitivity is very linear, so I'm thinking of adding a tweak to GInput to make the sensitivity less linear so small movements result in even smaller in-game effects.

The thing I need to consider, though, is everyone elses large range of pads. Perhaps your pad is already internally programmed to have non-linear sensitivity, in which case let me know how it feels and what the model is. Or maybe like me you cant manage to get a perfect shot without having to slow down in order to move the joystick a tiny bit. Either way, let me know what the sensitivity is like and what the model is. I may be able to come up with a solution that will not affect pads that it doesn't need to.

methodunderg
  • methodunderg

Gramps

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (Deji @ Thursday, Mar 7 2013, 05:17)
[Or maybe like me you cant manage to get a perfect shot without having to slow down in order to move the joystick a tiny bit.

This ..

But then again, I'm not good with shooting games using a controller @ all. I use an official MS XBOX360 Controller (both wired and wireless; depending on battery life lol)

Maybe in next version, add a config file, so people could adjust sensitivity to suit themselves? Even better, make it configurable in-game (if possible)

matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Saturday, Mar 2 2013, 03:58)
@matthijsvdpoel123

Yeah, and that's a great pity. I'd love have those textures and just have my normal joypad actions. Would that be ever possible?
When is your next release? Can't wait!

Greetings cool.gif
Matthijs

Marty McFly
  • Marty McFly

Follow the train, CJ!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Is there any possibility to let SA recognize the bumpers of the XBOX 360 controller so I can control how strong my car accerelates/brakes like in GTA IV?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

@Marty McFly
As soon as Deji gets XBOX 360 controller, he'll work on those features. (Said in last page. smile.gif)

matthijsvdpoel123
  • matthijsvdpoel123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Hey guys,

I've just been experimenting a bit, and I just tried to put the settings in the .ini - file. And it worked biggrin.gif
So thanks Deji!
But 1 little thing. In the next release, is it possible to do it fully like the PS2 version. Like ''Use the left analog stick to move carl''.
Would that be possible?

Thanks!

Greetings cool.gif
Matthijs

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (matthijsvdpoel123 @ Sunday, Mar 10 2013, 00:10)
Hey guys,

I've just been experimenting a bit, and I just tried to put the settings in the .ini - file. And it worked biggrin.gif
So thanks Deji!
But 1 little thing. In the next release, is it possible to do it fully like the PS2 version. Like ''Use the left analog stick to move carl''.
Would that be possible?

Thanks!

Greetings cool.gif
Matthijs

As I've already said, no. But you can do such a thing by editing the "american.gxt" file in GTASA's "text" directory.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Any chance you will add GTA IV controls option, like in Silent's mod, Deji?
And
Automatic switching between joypad and keyboard+mouse modes (GTA IV-style)

It's very cool in Vice City, i really would love to see those in SA aswell.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

this mod is bullsh*t, it's not 'exactly like the console versions', it's 'exactly like the ps2 version' which makes no sense on an xbox 360 controller as the xbox 1 had triggers for controls

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:08)
this mod is bullsh*t, it's not 'exactly like the console versions', it's 'exactly like the ps2 version' which makes no sense on an xbox 360 controller as the xbox 1 had triggers for controls

Sounds like I really should donate Deji with my GInput stuff tounge.gif

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:49)
QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 20:08)

Sounds like I really should donate Deji with my GInput stuff tounge.gif

which still lacks xbox controls unless that stupid 'IV mode' is actually xbox mode like an xbox controller mod should have

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

The Original Xbox controls were really designed for the Xbox controller, even on the Xbox 360, they're kinda weird, like a mirrored version of the PS2 controls but using triggers for some stuff. tounge.gif

edit: Wait, this is the san Andreas version, dude, what are you crazy, the Xbox controls for San Andreas were terrible! Rockstar North seriously screwed up there.

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:02)
edit: Wait, this is the san Andreas version, dude, what are you crazy, the Xbox controls for San Andreas were terrible! Rockstar North seriously screwed up there.

on a 360 controller the black/white buttons got replaced with lb/rb and therefore drivebys are usable

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:08)
this mod is bullsh*t angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif !!!!! it's not 'exactly like the console versions' suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif it's 'exactly like the ps2 version' which makes no sense on an xbox 360 controller as the xbox 1 had triggers for controls devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!1``1

So, is yours bullsh*t too?

The Xbox 1 had LT for shooting and RT for aiming. Neither of which were pressure sensitive, so you can duplicate this exact behaviour with this GInput. Support for the pressure sensitive driving controls is the only thing missing and if you were a good forum member you would've read this topic and know I don't own a controller capable of testing this. I agree it isn't amazing for Xbox fans, but every button is customisable anyway. Only force feedback and pressure sensitivity are missing (I also planned on tweaking SA's aiming sensitivity to make it non-linear for more accurate aiming). Like your mod, this was done in very short time and it's very early in development (much like the SA Xbox port, lol). It provided groundwork for Silents III/VC adaptation since I don't ever touch those games.

But all this stuff is known. Out of all the people here I would've expected you to be better at reading through topics before replying, especially when you just post a one-liner with no real point which closely resembles the average newbie's comment on GTAGarage... all it needs is some grammatical correction and emoticon overuse (I've made the appropriate corrections in the quote). Thanks for the slight whiff of feedback though, I will get right to updating this mod as soon as you read through previous posts, buy me an Xbox controller and create a more detailed report on your experiences of this mod. Perhaps I should create you a cosmopoliton survey styled form so you can just click "Sometimes", "Always" or "Never" instead of going to all that effort to write the most pointless post of this topic.

Or perhaps you were commenting on your own contributions to this mod?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Deji @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 21:38)
but every button is customisable anyway.

How? I made a cleo script which remaps some buttons to fit IV controls, but method i chose includes a lot of bugs, so it was just to take a look how SA plays with IV controls.
Any chance it's gonna be open source?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

All you have to do is edit xbox360cemu.ini file to change the buttons.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:19 PM Edited by ThirteenAG, 16 July 2013 - 07:25 PM.

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 23:10)
All you have to do is edit xbox360cemu.ini file to change the buttons.

Well, i haven't even installed that, because readme says
If you're using a controller already compatible with XInput, simply extract the contents of the "Xbox360" folder to your main GTASA installation directory.

Ok, i'll try that. But still, i need different layouts for foot, car, plane/heli controls, doubt changing that ini will cover all that.

Deji
  • Deji

Coding like a Rockstar!

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

A source may be released once I get back and make some much needed updates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users