Quantcast

» «
Photo

Missions

11 replies to this topic
lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:43 PM Edited by LazyboyEight, 30 September 2012 - 09:04 PM.

How would you like the missions to be setup in V?

Personally, I disliked IVs system. Most of the missions were just filler missions and weren't that relevent to the plot, and made me lose track of what was actually happening.

I think that they could still have IVs quantity and keep the story consistent, by having the "storyline" missions be one set, and then the "jobs" as another set.

For example, the mission where you meet Jacob on IV would be a "storyline" mission, and a mission where you have to kill some random guy for Brucie or something would be a "job"

Another thing that could be done, is instead of having several "objectives" within missions, I think that having one main objective, eg "Kill y" and then choosing to do it the way the mission giver explained in the cutscene, or doing it your own way, which could either make it easier or harder.
It might take alot of time, but it'd be damn awesome.

I think alot more "calm" missions would be sweet too, to mix things up a bit.

How would you like the missions to be set out in V?

Mods, lock is necessary. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

TOMAHAWKS
  • TOMAHAWKS

Brimstone Quick-draw Champion

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

I agree with you. I was very disappointed with GTA IV's mission system. Excluding the first few missions, the whole storyline was sh*t in my opinion. The Lost and Damned was awesome, though.

I think there should be jobs and side-quests instead the fodder crap being an actual part of the story.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

I want the ability to complete objectives in my own way, without them being too restrictive. I understand the franchise has become more cinematic & that means scripted missions. I don't mind if there are missions that force you to do things in a certain way. I just want some that I can do my way, in my own time, in a vehicle of my own choosing etc.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

I would like racing and stealing cars to both be expanded to become large side missions that you do as you work your way through the main story missions.

Race missions would work like this

1st contact is found at night and they are illegal street races. 1st race is muscle cars, 2nd race is hatchbacks, 3rd race is superbikes, 4th race is vans, 5th race is sedans.
You must win each race to unlock the next race. Once you complete the 4-5 races, the contact will inform you about someone who is hosting races and he can be found at the beach. 1st race quads, 2nd race speedboats, 3rd race dirtbikes, 4th race jet skis, 5th race triathlon (swim, racing bike, run). After completing these you are directed to another contact who is based out in the countryside. 1st race pick up trucks, 2nd race chopper bikes, 3rd race monster trucks, 4th race ww2 planes, 5th race mountain bikes
This is just an example but this is how I would like the races to work, different contacts based in different areas of the map giving you lots of varied types of races

Grand Theft Auto missions would work like this

Instead of us just stealing ordinary common cars and just breaking in and stealing without consequence, you need to steal rare cars and you need to complete a mission to actually steal them
Examples
You are told to steal and old 50s vintage car, it is based in a rich part of the city such as Beverly Hills or Bel Air etc. The car is inside the garage. To steal it you need to break into the house and head to the garage. This would be a lot like the burglary missions in San Andreas. Once you get to the garage you open the garage door, break into the car and drive away.
You must steal a classic 70s muscle car from a small warehouse. When you get there the owner and a few of his buddies are there, so you have to take care of them in a quick gun battle then steal the car and make your escape.
The missions would get more difficult as you progress
One towards the end could be you must steal a TANK from a military base. So this would involve a great deal of fun
Also you wont just be stealing cars all the time, but all types of vehicles, trucks, bikes, bicycles, tanks, helicopters, vintage cars

Mig10
  • Mig10

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 20:43)
How would you like the missions to be setup in V?

Personally, I disliked IVs system. Most of the missions were just filler missions and weren't that relevent to the plot, and made me lose track of what was actually happening.

I think that they could still have IVs quantity and keep the story consistent, by having the "storyline" missions be one set, and then the "jobs" as another set.

For example, the mission where you meet Jacob on IV would be a "storyline" mission, and a mission where you have to kill some random guy for Brucie or something would be a "job"

Another thing that could be done, is instead of having several "objectives" within missions, I think that having one main objective, eg "Kill y" and then choosing to do it the way the mission giver explained in the cutscene, or doing it your own way, which could either make it easier or harder.
It might take alot of time, but it'd be damn awesome.

I think alot more "calm" missions would be sweet too, to mix things up a bit.

How would you like the missions to be set out in V?

Mods, lock is necessary. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

You're very right, There used to be noticeable step ups in the game not the case in IV but in the end I rate IV higher than the previous games in that category because the EFLC all together offer the diversity Iv should have add.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 22:54)
I would like racing and stealing cars to both be expanded to become large side missions that you do as you work your way through the main story missions.

1st contact is found at night and they are illegal street races. 1st race is muscle cars, 2nd race is hatchbacks, 3rd race is superbikes, 4th race is vans, 5th race is sedans.
You must win each race to unlock the next race. Once you complete the 4-5 races, the contact will inform you about someone who is hosting races and he can be found at the beach. 1st race quads, 2nd race speedboats, 3rd race dirtbikes, 4th race jet skis, 5th race triathlon (swim, racing bike, run). After completing these you are directed to another contact who is based out in the countryside. 1st race pick up trucks, 2nd race chopper bikes, 3rd race monster trucks, 4th race ww2 planes, 5th race mountain bikes
This is just an example but this is how I would like the races to work, different contacts based in different areas of the map giving you lots of varied types of races

Instead of us just stealing ordinary common cars and just breaking in and stealing without consequence, you need to steal rare cars and you need to complete a mission to actually steal them
Examples
You are told to steal and old 50s vintage car, it is based in a rich part of the city such as Beverly Hills or Bel Air etc. The car is inside the garage. To steal it you need to break into the house and head to the garage. This would be a lot like the burglary missions in San Andreas. Once you get to the garage you open the garage door, break into the car and drive away.
You must steal a classic 70s muscle car from a small warehouse. When you get there the owner and a few of his buddies are there, so you have to take care of them in a quick gun battle then steal the car and make your escape.
One towards the end could be you must steal a TANK from a military base. So this would involve a great deal of fun
Also you wont just be stealing cars all the time, but all types of vehicles, trucks, bikes, bicycles, tanks, helicopters, vintage cars

WW2 planes, van races etc are just too unrealistic.

Tell me of an underground street racing group that would risk being incarcerated just to race vans?

Plane races aren't exciting, and nobody would WANT to do them unless it was for 100% completion IMO.

For the races, it should be proper meets, with supercars, luxury, tuners and muscle.

Alot of the criminal events could be accessed later in the event where a hacker you befriend gives you some software to allow you to access some "secret internet" that was set up. From here you could order guns, check the "events" section (where street races and "fight to the death" gun battles, hand-to-hand fight clubs exist) and another section with a hitlist where various people have posted the people they want killed.

It'd allow more realistic access to the criminal activities that don't really need a reason, in my eyes.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

I want the missions to involve various methods of completion. Ie: give me a few ways of doing the mission instead of one way and one way only. Like say for example you have to break into a warehouse filled with bad dudes, you can barge through the front door which would be risky, enter around the back with a stealth attack or climb on top of the warehouse and attack thru the skylight.
Then after that is complete, the police are coming so you can either escape using your own vehicle, the vehicle in the warehouse or the helicopter on the roof.
Adding more variety to missions= replay value

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 14:50)

Examples

Tell me of an underground street racing group that would risk being incarcerated just to race vans?

Plane races aren't exciting, and nobody would WANT to do them unless it was for 100% completion IMO.

For the races, it should be proper meets, with supercars, luxury, tuners and muscle.

Alot of the criminal events could be accessed later in the event where a hacker you befriend gives you some software to allow you to access some "secret internet" that was set up. From here you could order guns, check the "events" section (where street races and "fight to the death" gun battles, hand-to-hand fight clubs exist) and another section with a hitlist where various people have posted the people they want killed.

It'd allow more realistic access to the criminal activities that don't really need a reason, in my eyes.

So you want more of the same boring, crappy races from GTA IV?

Well I want the excellent races from San Andreas, TLAD and TBOGT, thanks very much.

I can wish for a fun and interesting game and you can wish for a boring game.

Why is racing vans unrealistic FFS? It is called variety! VARIETY. Not just cars, then cars, then cars, then cars, then CARS again, over and over.

And you don't think racing WW2 planes or helicopters or quads or jet skis etc etc would be fun? you just want CARS, CARS, CARS with your shiny wheels WOW great fun.

I want realism, but not over the top realism that makes the game CRAP.

Regarding tuner cars, I would like them to be placed at the end of the racing mission strand, 5 different races all involving tuner cars through streets, deserts and countryside.

herounderfireza
  • herounderfireza

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

I never was a fan of those racing missions. Never did them unless I absolutely had to.
If I wanted to race I would've played a racing game.

lazy.
  • lazy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (RockStarNiko @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 15:26)
QUOTE (LazyboyEight @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 14:50)

Examples

So you want more of the same boring, crappy races from GTA IV?

Well I want the excellent races from San Andreas, TLAD and TBOGT, thanks very much.

I can wish for a fun and interesting game and you can wish for a boring game.

Why is racing vans unrealistic FFS? It is called variety! VARIETY. Not just cars, then cars, then cars, then cars, then CARS again, over and over.

And you don't think racing WW2 planes or helicopters or quads or jet skis etc etc would be fun? you just want CARS, CARS, CARS with your shiny wheels WOW great fun.

I want realism, but not over the top realism that makes the game CRAP.

Regarding tuner cars, I would like them to be placed at the end of the racing mission strand, 5 different races all involving tuner cars through streets, deserts and countryside.

How is racing a WW2 plane fun? Or a van, for that matter. It's just a slower, clunkier version of a car.

Racing high speed exotic cars is alot more fun than holding a button and watching a plane fly through some hoops.

If they wanted attack planes, it'd be an eccentric millionare who organizes an event where he pays people to fight to the death with his planes for his entertainment. But that's too "saint's row-ey".

If you want to race WW2 planes and vans, keep that to the multiplayer, I don't want it ruining the single player. It won't, anyway, so I don't have to worry about anything. R* know better tounge.gif

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

Livin' It Up At The Hotel California

• Members

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

If you mean like MP3, or a short storyline-baed missions like in Sleeping Dogs, no thanks.
In Sleeping Dogs they had every mission have something to do with the storyline, which is what I didn't like. Of course our player will get jobs, the mission system is fine, nothing to complain about. I think you are the only few who didn't like it. Personally, I didn't have a problem with it. I liked being realistic, doing one certain job looking for a specific target, then some missions having to do with the storyline. I don't like long missions, because IMO you beat the game quicker. I never put the controller down until I've completed at least one mission, entirely.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

IV's missions did feel like filler missions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users