Photo

Getting the HYDRA early.

210 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:29 AM Edited by OG Viking, 12 September 2013 - 04:33 AM.

The Ft. Carson Beagle is not locked, you just need a Towtruck to get it out, and that one can be auto-impounded with the Idlewood Broadway.

How was you able to impound the Fort Carson Beagle with the Idlewood Broadway? That Broadway only impound vehicles within a few meters radius.

There are things I'm unsure about regarding Broadways, as I asked in my previous post:

Use the broadway in idlewood to automatically impound them.

Would a random Broadway found in traffic work for impounding purposes? If the Idlewood Broadway is special, can it lose the impounding capability? Like if you park it in a garage first?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

I don't think so the broadway in idlewood is kind of unique, an interesting thing is that if you leave a car there and take the broadway elsewhere and then start the pimping missions it will impound the vehicle as well, maybe if you leave the vehicle there and use another broadway it will work as well, never tried it.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

an interesting thing is that if you leave a car there and take the broadway elsewhere and then start the pimping missions it will impound the vehicle as well

It may be different on PC then. Sometimes when I (on PS2) use that Broadway to stop a turf attack, I start and stop pimping without losing my car. I don't lose it if I park it around 10-30 meters behind the Broadway.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

The Idlewood Broadway is only unique in that is spawns in the middle of the Pimping mission's clear area radius (a 30.0 meter radius). That spot is cleared whenever the pimping mission is started, no matter which Broadway is used or where it is located. Too bad that spot doesn't move with the car.

• OG Viking likes this

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:36 AM Edited by OG Viking, 16 September 2013 - 12:08 AM.

So I managed to get a Barracks to Los Santos during "Los Sepulcros". :) I'll just have to do it again with less casualties.
It should be possible on a mastersave too, but it'll be difficult with all the cops. It's very hard to make a Barracks climb the bridge railings at Montgomery Intersection but it's possible when you use other vehicles as stepping stones. I thought for a moment I was lucky because some random Packers appeared in traffic, but I didn't get one. I used a motorbike as stepping stone instead.
It looked much easier when a guy on Youtube did the same with a Dune.

Is there another non-cheaty way to get a Barracks over to LS that I have overlooked?

Added: Barracks are too tall for all LS garages. Needs to be impounded and it's almost too tall for the LS impound gate.

A question: Do Barracks have the same immunity from being discarded from memory as Firetrucks? Perhaps all government vehicles have that benefit.

Added II:
No, Barracks are as likely to be discarded from memory as a normal car. :( I found out in the LS impound, I was not far from the Barracks when it was discarded. This is disappointing.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Actually it's not that difficult in a mastersave to get the one in SF Naval base if you use the underwater glitch the real trick is getting to the undrowning spots with enough health I've already done it once or twice but yes the problem is that it only fits the LS impound.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

Yeah I remember going for the barracks as well, but got put off when I realised it would only fir in the LS impound and I was using that for aircraft. I prefer to store aircraft in that impound so I dont have to worry so much about them disappearing.

tspmtel
  • tspmtel

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Burundi

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:35 PM Edited by lil weasel, 19 November 2014 - 09:24 PM. merged same topic.

EDIT: << New topic merged to existing topic of same nature >>

hello. we now know how to use the inside track betting shop to be able to buy the safehouses (make a few thousand (stunt jumps/wheelies/drug dealers/side-missions) and continuously bet 1/20 of total money on the teal horse till you win enough money or continuously bet all your money and reload the game until you win), we know how to get to las venturas (swim/sail/walk/drive/fly around the island or towards/through it to the spawn point north of verdant meadows) and to get the sea sparrow and save it (dodge hydras, collect bribe stars/spray and land on the mulholland garage)

now it is time to save the hydra in the san fierro or las venturas impound garages. the los santos garage saves it but spawns it in the ground and makes it blow up and disappear shortly after (tested with cheats). here are the videos i used as guides:
rtyuijhghff -
fnxrak -
continued: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2PYzwcVWnE

i've been trying for a few hours a day for a week now in san fierro with no success (havent tried the emerald isle yet). here are the major problems i encounter, basically sorted by occurrence:
-the hydra chasing you makes a circle and then disappears - you can cruise around for over 10 minutes before it appears again while the choppers start chasing you and start bumping and scraping into you
-the hydra reappears surprisingly and fires a missile right next to you making the helicopter smoke and it blows up as soon as you try to bail
-the hydra crashes and blows up 15+ seconds away out of viewing range and when i get there i only see the smoke and ashes
-killed by creep of 20+ cops spawning behind cj even though i use tear gas and minigun to some success (using the garage spawn point for a very safe and easy stockpiling and the occasional visit to the vending machine down the railroad to get cj's fat up again)
-when i finally get in a vehicle (hopefully the enforcer) street traffic (including cops) starts rushing into the jet scared by gunshots or bashing into you along with the cop cars (taxis most often) and clog the jet or path
-everything around you blows up, lowering your health (helicopters aid that too) and blocks the road, it's impossible to move blown up vehicles most of the time, the side with the missing wheel gets stuck to the road
-the hydra disappears. most of the time soon after i've started pushing it. it gets stuck between obstacles/walls/cars or just randomly poofs when too much objects/npcs spawn even if you havent turned away

i haven't gotten the hydra inside the entrance area to the impound yet, got it right in front of the bar a few times but when the cars start pushing it's hard to budge it. notice that in the second video this was attempted with a no traffic variable for that reason. i got the jet to drop right over the wall once but trying to push it to the heightened grass area so it can fall in the impound entrance area it poofed grinding against the wall.

i need tips on how to solve these issues for anyone else that has attempted this. is this easier in las venturas? exiting the lv impound with the hydra needs some pushing since the wings are somewhat wide but it isn't too hard. maybe cops would be an issue there. where and WHEN exactly do i need to stand for the police pilot to crash and fall onto the impound garage? i'd have to say my favorite area is between the bridge and the railroad since it falls in that area but the hydra usually stops chasing me. i noticed that in both videos the players dance around a certain area ensuring that the pilot swoops around them and heads in the right direction before heading towards the place where they would make him crash but i need more tips for this. thanks for your interest and any help or ideas are welcome.

• OG Viking and Captain Delitian like this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

First I ask any moderator to merge this topic with the Getting the hydra early topic so we don't have duplicated topics.

Now this is a pretty hard thing to do believe me I remember trying it for hundreds of times before I was able to get it, also take notice that on my videos that you posted I used a few exploits to get it besides the no traffic cops exploit (which makes it a lot easier) also the videos were done using a Fire and Explosion Proof Seasparrow (again it makes it a lot easier) but for this to be possible you must have also used the Gray Imports FP/EP vehicles exploit on the seasparrow.

Now if you want to get the hydra in the very beginning you must have double the patience as it will be a lot harder here's is another video on that.

The real trick here is making the hydra crash near the impound gate, once you get it near and it doesn't vanish (note that for me it disappeared a lot of times after crashing it) you will face another problem, some players have reported that using the sawnoff shotgun to shoot the hydra is easier in some case to me I still prefer pushing it, now trick while pushing is to not push it too hard, push a bit at a time and always try not to push the hydra against anything (walls, cars) and most important never loose the hydra out of sight, believe me this is probably one of the most annoying tasks as it will vanish quickly more times than you will be able to push it halfway, the ramp can sometimes be hard as hell also to push it down and on top of that the impound invisible gate can also make the hydra vanish while you are going out of the impound to make the hydra be fixed (this happened to me at least 3 times), also getting out of the impound can in some rare occasions make it vanish (but this is a bit more rare as it never actually happened to me).

My real only advice is you trying it a few times with both no cops cheats and making an hydra spawn cheat to practice the pushing, then try a few times without any cheat, anyway good luck as you will need it.

• MetalMilitia89 and Captain Delitian like this

LeonTheKiller
  • LeonTheKiller

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:25 AM

I'm trying to do this but i'm having a hard time. The Hydra keeps vanishing, i almost did it but the damn thing disappeared in front of me a few meters away from the impound zone.... :/  I noticed that it doesn't vanish if it does land properly(not flipped upside down), but 9 times out of 10 it lands upside down :sui: . On my last attempt it crashed and landed properly,but far way from the impound lot, i pushed it very close to the impound lot entrance but i got killed by the SWAT guys. This is surely hard, but i wont give up !

PS: I'm playing the PS2 Version(V1).

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

Finally, someone playing PS2.  I am sick of hearing about people playing it on PC :p

Good luck.  It's probably one of the hardest tasks in SA.

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:42 PM

Nope. Getting a Hydra in LV early is harder

LeonTheKiller
  • LeonTheKiller

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:20 AM

I'm trying to do this but i'm having a hard time. The Hydra keeps vanishing, i almost did it but the damn thing disappeared in front of me a few meters away from the impound zone.... :/  I noticed that it doesn't vanish if it does land properly(not flipped upside down), but 9 times out of 10 it lands upside down :sui: . On my last attempt it crashed and landed properly,but far way from the impound lot, i pushed it very close to the impound lot entrance but i got killed by the SWAT guys. This is surely hard, but i wont give up !

PS: I'm playing the PS2 Version(V1).

YES! I got it ! After a lot of failed attempts i finally managed to get it! :) PS2 V1 BTW.

• OG Viking and MetalMilitia89 like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:36 AM

That's absolutely amazing!  I am playing also on the same PS2 original version.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:37 PM Edited by OG Viking, 18 January 2015 - 11:27 AM.

Frame Limiter?
I have a question for fnxrak or anyone else who might possibly know; do you know if the frame limiter is making the Hydra more or less likely to vanish? I'm attempting to get a Hydra early on PC now, and as the Hydras keep vanishing very soon (sometimes before I touch them) I start wondering if the FPS limiter should be on or off. It seems that pushing things are easier with the limiter off, but is it making a wreck more or less likely to vanish? Maybe it doesn't matter in this situation, but disabling the limiter do have a number of other strange side-effects, so I wouldn't be surprised by anything. I have the limiter enabled.

Added: My semi-educated guess: As the time is a factor and the risk of vanishing increases as time goes by, I'm guessing that it's safer to leave the FPS limiter on. A few things seems to happen faster with high FPS, and as long as CJ is strong enough to push a Hydra on locked FPS, having it locked seems safer to me.

Still, I'd like to know if you had it locked when you got your Hydra.

I noticed that it doesn't vanish if it does land properly(not flipped upside down), but 9 times out of 10 it lands upside down :sui: .

I managed to get the Hydra a few times on PS2, but I can't remember noticing it being more prone to disappearing when it was upside down. But I do remember it being easier to push when it was upside down, so I used to think I was lucky when it landed that way.
  • fnxrak and MetalMilitia89 like this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:14 AM

Sorry for the late reply. Everytime I got it I had the frame limiter enabled so I really can't say, but yes I think it affects the way it vanishes making it a bit harder to vanish, although I not sure if it really makes it easier to get this way

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

Is there anyone with a Video on how to get this early?  I am not interested, but I'd like to see how it's done and how much of a pain in the ass it is...

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 January 2015 - 09:56 AM

You mean someone doing it in the playstation right??? Because in both videos I got it early, once before completing "Gray Imports" with ep/fp seasparrow and another even before during a mastersave, but it was done on PC.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

Idc which platform it's done on.  I just wanted to see it being done.  Stupid me....There is a Video from you right above.  I have the Flu and my head is a bit cloudy, etc...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:36 PM Edited by lil weasel, 10 February 2015 - 09:42 PM.

for items Not specific to the HYDRA "early"
POLICE IMPOUND:
Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage How to Put Cars in and Take them Out.

Closed topics for reference:
san Fierro police dept carpark
Police Impound What Cars?
Police impound
Your weird experiences, in the parking lot
Glitch at San Fierro PD garage My ‘pre-owned’ car spawned inside there!
Police Impound… always empty??? (PS2)
  • OG Viking likes this

DPB1234
  • DPB1234

Player Hater

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted A day ago

It's possible to get hydra early in mobile?

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I don't see why not.  Mobile is a PC Port and also has good draw distance compared to Playstation, so if people got it on PS, then I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be possible on Mobile.  You could also just try it out yourself and see what happens...

DPB1234
  • DPB1234

Player Hater

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted A day ago

I don't think so,the mobile port in Android don't supporting multi-touch screen so it's impossible to sprint with the camera look back so the wreck most likely to vanish when try to close the invisible impound door

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by MetalMilitia89, A day ago.

Uh...You can use rotating camera...You don't need to hold the center of the screen while running.  Just turn CJ as if you're looking at the front of him, while seeing behind you and run forward.  It's the same principle as running from the Cops while you are shooting the wrecks back to a Garage...You don't need to hold sh*t.  You just turn the camera and then run forward...

If you obtain the AP/EC2 Bravura, AP FCR-900, AP/EC Newsvan, AP Greenwood, etc, etc, it's the same principle with keeping the camera on the wreck while you run away from the Cops so they despawn and lose wanted level...

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• Probation
  • Netherlands

Posted A day ago

You can run while looking backwards but you can't sprint

DPB1234
  • DPB1234

Player Hater

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted A day ago

Oh yeah,I finally obtain the Hydra now,thank for the tips,after the wreck vanish 7 times

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by MetalMilitia89, A day ago.

It's a nice one to get in the Starter Save as a true achievement and then later make it EP/FP using Gray Imports, however, now that there is an AP Conversion in SA, you can get a Hydra and just make it AP.  Granted, it's one of the HARDEST Vehicles to convert using the AP Conversion.  Undrowning it after the coffee cutscene absolutely sucks ass...At the end of the day, it's probably still harder to get in a Starter Save, though...

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• Probation
  • Netherlands

Posted A day ago

He is on Android, he can just do the Mobile method

DPB1234
  • DPB1234

Player Hater

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted A day ago

Thank,but my game don't work at the making Hydra AP/FI(that will make my game crash) so I will stick with EP/FP Hydra

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Using the Mobile Exclusive Method probably crashes your game.  It does most people on Android as far as I know.  But there is another Method that you can use and you can find it in my SA Special Vehicle Guide.  It works on ALL Platforms, including Mobile and I know for a fact that WON'T crash your game.

I have SA on PS2 and iOS, but for some reason, I have ZERO PROBLEMS making AP Planes using that Mobile Exclusive Method...I already can make an AP Hydra on Mobile using the Close the Game App Method and then I already made an AP Hydra on PS2 using the OM0 Method.  But like I said, you don't need to use the Mobile Exclusive Method to make AP Vehicles.  You can use the other Method and then the game won't crash.  100% safe and reliable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users