Photo

Getting the HYDRA early.

186 replies to this topic
fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by fnxrak, 06 February 2013 - 06:16 PM.

QUOTE (0909090 @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 15:38)
Not sure if this is useful but whatever.. it's basically towing Raindance to Doherty there is no video about towing Rustler but this is kinda simniliar I guess. As for me I never managed to get Rustler early I tried several times but it seems too hard..

Yeah I already saved the raindance like that too but the rustler blows up for almost no good reason it's hard enough to get it without cops chansing you with cops I would say it's nearly if not completly impossible.
But I also thought that getting the hydra would be impossible and figured it out a way. Thanks.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

fnxrak,
I did it once without cops (there are a few missions in LS when you don't get police attention e.g. Drive-by)

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Impounding the Hydra gave me an Idea - How about Impounding the Marengo-Midnight Blue Maverick's wreck?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 13:21)
fnxrak,
I did it once without cops (there are a few missions in LS when you don't get police attention e.g. Drive-by)

Yeap I did it also but i'm talking about getting in before any mission wich is you have to be to damn lucky to do it e guess if you can get the rustler into the grassy area beneath the highway you're almost clear but getting there it's a hard mission.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Friday, Feb 8 2013, 13:43)
Impounding the Hydra gave me an Idea - How about Impounding the Marengo-Midnight Blue Maverick's wreck?

You have to shoot it down from helipad, why would you bother with destroying it when suicide is much easier to do. Of course if you have problems with wasted/busted stat then it might be good solution for you but I doubt destroying the chopper will end the mission. IMO only way to get it is suicide.

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 17:36)

You have to shoot it down from helipad, why would you bother with destroying it when suicide is much easier to do. Of course if you have problems with wasted/busted stat then it might be good solution for you but I doubt destroying the chopper will end the mission. IMO only way to get it is suicide.

I mean, getting a Minigun before the mission, shooting it down ASAP when you have to, mission passed,
push it to the Impound, and if you want it somewhere else, get a towtruck and tow it out of the impound and fly it anywhere you desire, for example, Verdant Meadows hangar.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Feb 9 2013, 21:11)

I mean, getting a Minigun before the mission, shooting it down ASAP when you have to, mission passed,
push it to the Impound, and if you want it somewhere else, get a towtruck and tow it out of the impound and fly it anywhere you desire, for example, Verdant Meadows hangar.

I guess it makes no sence since we have the full immune version of this smile.gif

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

^That's what I was trying to say, why would you bothering with this when you can easily (it just takes time..) get full immune version smile.gif

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 16:48)

I guess it makes no sence since we have the full immune version of this smile.gif

I wanna get it without dying.
I like having Zero on the number of how much times I got wasted (and busted).
I know it isn't CP that way but it's still UC.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 20:49)

Yeap what ever keeps you going and makes you happy.
Me for once is trying to get the maximum game progress without missing bullets, although I doubt that's possible on Zero's "Air Raid" and forgeting the missing bullets doing drive-bys that don't count for the stats. We need to keep the challenge alive. LOLOLOL sly.gif

lol232
  • lol232

The Golden Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Wednesday, Feb 13 2013, 01:35)
QUOTE (lol232 @ Sunday, Feb 10 2013, 20:49)

Yeap what ever keeps you going and makes you happy.
Me for once is trying to get the maximum game progress without missing bullets, although I doubt that's possible on Zero's "Air Raid" and forgeting the missing bullets doing drive-bys that don't count for the stats. We need to keep the challenge alive. LOLOLOL sly.gif

For me that stat is bugged, I have more bullets that hit than bullets I fired.
No matter how much I miss, Bullets that hit are always 1 bullet higher than the bullets I fired. turn.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

For that stat just get a shotgun and shoot planes and stuff, it evens out eventually

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 09:48)
Is it possible to store a rustler in a garage in a "master save"?
I thinking that maybe you can steal one of those flying around but haven't quite figured it out how they spawn. I tryied a couple of times towing it to doherty but couldn't even leave the airport the police would crash against me and blow up the rustler before I got to the ramp.
edit (sorry for double posting)

Yup its possible to tow it to Doherty, getting it out of the airport is the trickiest part though. Basically once you leave its hanger you just wanna gun it to the jump that is shown in that other video really and hope the cop cars dont screw you up. Once you build momentum you sorta learn how to let go of the acceleration to slow the cops down, and you use the plane to block them. Its tricky but its possible.

Also jumping off the overpass without the Rustler exploding is really down to chance, although I did find it easier to drive off to the right side into the fence at full speed.

You might want to practice the route without cops on you first, make a save with a tow truck in the garage with a license and just practice the route. Once you get to the railway tracks drive on the grass, you should be home free by then. Also lean how to back up into the garage, basically I drive the tow truck to where the weapons are so im paralel to the garage and then reverse, as you reverse turn a bit so the plane sorta backs itself into the garage.
  • OG Viking likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 20:19)
Yup its possible to tow it to Doherty, getting it out of the airport is the trickiest part though. Basically once you leave its hanger you just wanna gun it to the jump that is shown in that other video really and hope the cop cars dont screw you up. Once you build momentum you sorta learn how to let go of the acceleration to slow the cops down, and you use the plane to block them. Its tricky but its possible.

Also jumping off the overpass without the Rustler exploding is really down to chance, although I did find it easier to drive off to the right side into the fence at full speed.

You might want to practice the route without cops on you first, make a save with a tow truck in the garage with a license and just practice the route. Once you get to the railway tracks drive on the grass, you should be home free by then. Also lean how to back up into the garage, basically I drive the tow truck to where the weapons are so im paralel to the garage and then reverse, as you reverse turn a bit so the plane sorta backs itself into the garage.

Thanks! I already had that plane using the "just business" no police "glitch" if you can call it that but taking it with cops after you, man you have to be so lucky. But I will give it a try after I complete the (it seems like it never ends) mission that is getting "King of San Andreas" rank in my mastersave. LOLOL. Besides after getting that rank getting the rustler will feel like it's a piece of cake "NOT" tounge2.gif

Krawk
  • Krawk

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

My observations with planes is if you "push" them by hand they pass through most solid objects and other planes. Getting the Rustler out of the airport corridors is more difficult when attached to a tow truck.

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

That is correct, unoccupied aircraft lack collision with some objects. But a towed aircraft is also unoccupied, so it makes no difference. Well actually it does make a difference, because the towtruck can get it out of danger a lot quicker and also yank it through tighter spots.
Try getting the Ft. Carson Beagle out with a towtruck wink.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:00 AM Edited by fnxrak, 22 February 2013 - 04:02 AM.

Hey I found something that might help on the rustler hunt. If before you enter the hangar where the rustler is, you lead the cop cars inside the other hangar that is right next to it, you may have a better chance off getting out of the airport with the plane as they will sometimes be stuck on that hangar, then the only problem will be falling with rustler in the right way and get it below the highway, but what a hell it's a start. He he I'm starting to see a light on the end of the tunnel, but maybe it's just a train cry.gif
  • OG Viking likes this

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Friday, Feb 22 2013, 04:00)
I'm starting to see a light on the end of the tunnel, but maybe it's just a train  cry.gif

biggrin.gif going to adopt this

Buchsti
  • Buchsti

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Gentlemen, you've just given me a reason to play this game again. Gotta acquire me that Hydra on my master save file. Amazing how new things are still being discovered after all these years.
  • OG Viking likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:47 PM Edited by fnxrak, 05 March 2013 - 03:11 PM.

At last i've got the rustler, it only took me a couple of a hundrend tries! Now finishing "KOSA" and it's done. biggrin.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif
I can't believe how lucky I was the plane didn't enter all the way in and did it kinda of backwards lolol gona post the video soon...
---edit---
Here it is:

Tips:
Before towing the rustler from the airport lure the cops into the hangar next to the one where the plane is.
When you get to train track avoid the tracks as much as possible because the bumps most of the times make the plane blow up, and keep as close to the highway as possible and the cops might just spawn on top of the highway making it easier to travel with the plane.
When storing the rustler try backing up the more you can into the garage with the help of the tow truck and then just finish pushing by foot, also note that if you let the garage door close with the plane not deep enough it will vanish. Beware of the cops of course, I was really lucky with mine because the swat shot a few rounds on the plane and didn't blow up and they almost killed me but it was just that "almost".
There's is another tip when near the doherty garage try luring the cop cars under the train station which is also a good way to avoid the police mavericks, sometimes the cars get stuck there and they won't interfere with the storing of the plane leaving only a few cops on foot.

PS. After geting the rustler you might want to take it to the San Fierro impound thus leaving the doherty garage available for other vehicles, just tow the rustler out of the garage, I personally prefer towing it under the train station and using the cement platform between tracks to take off with the plane. Again avoid the police and specially avoid the hydras when flying.
  • OG Viking likes this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 05 March 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Congratz man its one of the hardest challenges in the game. I remember doing all kinds of stuff to lose the cops when towing the rustler, like getting out and using tear gas then driving off, but tey usually park in front of me and it gets messy. So i think pretty much everything has been covered then right? Anything this save is missing now?

Edit: watching your vid now, just want to add when getting the tow truck out of the garage at the start, if it gets shot up or tires are popped I usually take it to that P&S just across the road, from there you can drop down to the tracks, park it under the bridge and grab armor if you need it.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Tuesday, Mar 5 2013, 18:50)
watching your vid now, just want to add when getting the tow truck out of the garage at the start, if it gets shot up or tires are popped I usually take it to that P&S just across the road, from there you can drop down to the tracks, park it under the bridge and grab armor if you need it.

I didn't use the paint & spray in a effort to avoid having it showned on the stats. "It's a little challenge of my own" but hell if I did all taxi fares in one row without having the taxi fix I can surely spend most of the game without using the P&S. biggrin.gif

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

I've just obtained this for the second time. Here are two hints that may ease the task:
1. I was partially wrong recommending to use the sawn-offs only. Pushing the aircraft with a body is GREAT, but only if you push it to the front's and back's sides. It's very fast, making the vehicle spin, and Hydra does not vanish at all, unlike if you'd push it right to the front, to the back or to the wings (disappears VERY often)
2. When you reach the final turn to the impound spot, turn the frame limiter on and continue pushing with sawn-offs. Destroyed vehicles like to vanish at the saving spots very fast if you have high FPS in the game. And pushing it with a body while limiter is ON is quite slow so it can vanish too. Thereby shoot from the sawn-offs to the front's and back's sides of the Hydra to make it spin and crawl into the spot.
  • OG Viking likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:23 PM Edited by fnxrak, 21 March 2013 - 01:19 PM.

In Portuguese we usually say there's never 2 without 3 LOL.
Just got it for the 3rd time going to post a new video of it as soon I upload some other videos first.
mercie_blink.gif I didn't notice that I was hit by a missile before impounding it and at the end I flew away with the seasparrow to Los Santos. Lucky Lucky.
###edit###
here it is:
  • OG Viking likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by fnxrak, 22 May 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Ok Sorry for double posting but since some members asked for this video, here it the converting of the hydra into EP/FP through "Gray Imports"

###Edit###
And also the Rustler
  • OG Viking likes this

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by OG Viking, 30 June 2013 - 04:09 AM.

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 06:35)
Here are the Videos:

Part1:

Part2:

Impressive.

Questions:

Why did you not paint your car instead of picking bribes? You drove by the Pay 'n' Spray at Santa Maria Beach.

The gate you prevented from closing by parking the Voodoo in it, what happens if it closes? You can still use the little door beside it?

If you want it FP/EP, then you'll have to come back and fetch it, during Gray Imports. Isn't that hard to pull off?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:34 AM Edited by lil weasel, 30 June 2013 - 10:45 AM.

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 04:02)
QUOTE (fnxrak @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 06:35)
Here are the Videos:
Questions:

Why did you not paint your car instead of picking bribes? You drove by the Pay 'n' Spray at Santa Maria Beach.

The gate you prevented from closing by parking the Voodoo in it, what happens if it closes? You can still use the little door beside it?

If you want it FP/EP, then you'll have to come back and fetch it, during Gray Imports. Isn't that hard to pull off?

Ok so it was the first time I did get the hydra without cheats that is, so to not risk loosing more time and maybe the game crash I used the paint and spray instead. Sometimes my game crashes on the most stupid times. LOLOLOL
About the gate it's actually an old and it has been verified that it's not needed but like I said it was the first time I pulled this off so I had a few wrong ideas about the way the impound worked with the destroyed hydra.
Just see my lastest video on this
GTA San Andreas get Hydra in mastersave
GTA San Andreas make Hydra EP/FP
It's really not that hard
The only really tricky part is making the plane crash the correct way and being able to push it in afterwards.
  • OG Viking likes this

Frenzzy
  • Frenzzy

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Wow. That's awesome. If I fly via the same route is it likely that the hydra will crash in the same way as yours? Or you were lucky that it crashed right ahead of the impound gate..

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

Did you get the Sea Sparrow from the Sherman Reservoir in Tierra Robada?
It's deep into the unlocked area. Isn't it hard to get it out of there without being shot down?

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:24 AM Edited by 0909090, 02 July 2013 - 09:26 AM.

It's not that hard, but you may get shot down a few times before you will get it. Keep trying and eventually you will get it. Here's a video showing method from fnxrak:

If you have Mulholland savehouse, you can save Heli there using Garage glitch. It's useful to have it on the top of the garage.
I also believe that Sea Sparrow can be obtained from Helipad near Boat school too, but I haven't tried it myself. If it's possible then you can take one home without wanted level at all.
  • OG Viking likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users