Photo

Getting the HYDRA early.

186 replies to this topic
Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:13 AM

Orion is quite right about Hydras (and other aircraft) shooing away when under bridges and such. If you want to statwhore a infinitely long 5-star chase, get 5 stars by entering the naval base, then quickly go under the freeway behind Cranberry station. No aircraft spawn and come after you and the cops are on the freeway above.If ou get bored, start tossing grenades in where the bridge meets the hill and watch the blood magically appear on the ground below.

Anyway, bouncing in and out under the bridge makes aircraft come and go.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 17:38)
I got an idea, sorry if thats dumb, but what about using undrowning glitch? Would that work? Flying helicopter underwater would make hydras spawn lower to sea, I think and there would be possibility to get one? BTW I got lucky I made hydra crash near impound, but somewhow as I was pushing to place where fnxrak pushed it in his video my hydra disspeared confused.gif , I missed a chance, it took me a long time to make hydra crash sad.gif .
BTW Orion try http://imgur.com/ this site doesn't require registration, I use this a lot smile.gif .

Sorry I was unable to play the game for a few days now.
First the undrowning method although it seems good, every time I got an hydra that crash in water and didn't explode it vanished very quickly, beside that the hydra tends to drawn in a vertical position I once got one into an undrawning area but it instantly exploded because of the nose position, it didn't even take the time for the plane to fall correctly into the ground, so I believe getting into the hydra that way will be basically impossible.
About the vanishing of the hydra inside the impound it happened to me quite a few times already, even with the burglary van holding the door. It's quite annoying specially if you have the plane in the right place and it vanishes when you're trying to close the invisible impound door.
I've been quite lucky having the hydra to crash by using a route wich I will try to post.
By the way how can I post images to show in the Forums? Does it need to be in a special server or any imageserver will do?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Nevermind the last part figured it out myself
user posted image

Using this routes I was able to crash a few hydras in the right way.

It's basically starting with an unproofed seasparrow in mulholland and entering the airport in the area where the big fuel deposits with the RPG are and using the nearby hangars to cover from the first hydra attack then heading to the naval base (you may or may not use it to cover again) and finally heading towards the big black building making the hydra crash against it or towards the middle of the highway and railroad bridges and if you're lucky it will alson crash against it the right way, in this final route avoid getting under this bridges.
  • OG Viking likes this

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Wednesday, Oct 17 2012, 13:01)
[QUOTE=0909090,Tuesday, Oct 16 2012, 17:38]
About the vanishing of the hydra inside the impound it happened to me quite a few times already, even with the burglary van holding the door. It's quite annoying specially if you have the plane in the right place and it vanishes when you're trying to close the invisible impound door.

This was covered in OrionSR's thread regarding the impound lots. Even if you are looking at the GROUND or at a WALL, you always have to look directly at the impound square. The SF impound lot is the worst because of the winding road to it. You can even be directly above it in the street. If you blast past it, there's a chance that it will "open" and "close" and thus lose the contents.

This is why the Doherty garage is a POS in some people's minds. It has a huge radius when it comes to the door opening. If you blast past it, the door opens, then closes when you're way down the road, losing the contents. The Doherty issue is easy, put a couple of motorcycles in there so that there's 4 vehicles total, then the door will not open when you go past it.

Am I correct in recalling that the impound lot has a limit of 4 vehicles too, but rather than not opening when it is full, it simply dumps (at random) a vehicle when you trigger a 5th vehicle impound?
  • OG Viking likes this

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Impounds have limit of 3 vehicles, and when you put another vehicle there, with Car School or Pimp missions, it will erase the oldest vehicle in the garage.
Random vehicles are only stored when you use unconsciously some kind of trigger and that will store that random vehicle (but CJ must enter that vehicle first otherwise it is simply deleted), but there might be some flaws especially in SF Impound, i think very close to the spot where your 3 stored vehicles are, 1-2 random vehicles spawn in SF Impound and they might be saved instead of one of former vehicles stored.
  • OG Viking likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

mako is mostly correct. Impounds lots have a limit of 3 vehicles, even though there is room in memory for 4 (the extra slot remains unused throughout the game). The oldest vehicles are usually the ones discarded when a 4th or 5th are added, but there's a hitch. When you open and close an impound garage the vehicles are re-spawned and re-impounded, but now all three have the same timestamp. I'm not sure the impound lots have a method to determine which is older in this situation.

The SF impound zone has 6 random car generators in it. Usually only 1 or 2 can spawn without blocking the others.

Also, ever since pomor presented pretty strong evidence that vehicles were getting impounded that CJ had never entered I've started keeping a closer eye on the impound lots. If you trigger a mission that has a very large clear area command (schools, triathlons) there's a chance (not sure how to measure it) that random vehicles from traffic or parking spots might get impounded.

The impound garages do not open when CJ drives past on the road. He has to lose a little elevation from street level before he is close enough to the roof for the invisible doors to open.

Do not get distracted by the discard radius for the impound garages. This only applies to vehicles spawned by the impound garage, and aircraft seem immune to being discarded. This isn't to say that weird things won't be happening to a Hydra wreck in a garage; I'm just not sure how to tease out the difference between the weird behavior of the Hydra wrecks, and anything different caused by the garage.

If you want to see some really weird garage behavior then try putting a Stairs Trailer from the SF airport in the Doherty garage. It like there's a repulser force pushing the stairs out. IIRC, it killed CJ a few times before I gave up on the idea of using the stairs trailer to provide access to the Doherty roof.
  • OG Viking likes this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

ah so thats why you wanted to show me, I never got around to that. Anyway has anyonemanaged to get it yet? I am getting put off by peoples reports that it vanishes before getting to the impound zone. Maybe we should try it on a non 4 star save and simply use a cheat to spawn the hydra and then destroy it outside the garage and see if how likely it is to push it in.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Thursday, Oct 18 2012, 14:16)
If you want to see some really weird garage behavior then try putting a Stairs Trailer from the SF airport in the Doherty garage. It like there's a repulser force pushing the stairs out. IIRC, it killed CJ a few times before I gave up on the idea of using the stairs trailer to provide access to the Doherty roof.

I tried the thing with the stairs. This one is pretty easy to explain, they're too tall for the garage.

If you've ever pushed a car under a Dodo you get the same effect. The wheels on the car spin like crazy and then the car launches out very fast like.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 21:13)
ah so thats why you wanted to show me, I never got around to that. Anyway has anyonemanaged to get it yet? I am getting put off by peoples reports that it vanishes before getting to the impound zone. Maybe we should try it on a non 4 star save and simply use a cheat to spawn the hydra and then destroy it outside the garage and see if how likely it is to push it in.

Sorry for the replying delay been stcuk with a few things for quite a few days!
Anyway no new news lol still trying to get the hydra in the master save with no special vehicle holding the impound door. And it has been quite a rush as i already got like ten hydras that were lost inside the impound, two of them already in the impound spot and lost when trying to close the invisble door. But I hope one of them will eventually stay in place and won't vanish.
About your idea of trying it with the cheats i have to say it's the best way to pratice as I have done it myself a few times also. It's realy the only way of knowing how hard can you push it and also how often does it vanish.
Good Luck everyone anyways

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Finally!
user posted image
Much respect to fnxrak for discovering this. And my personal note: it's much better to push the wreck with sawn-offs. I'll explain: it looks like that abrupt moves has much less chance of Hydra's vanishing than smooth ones. So it's smart to use sawn-offs, they cause exactly this effect. If you push it by CJ Hydra vanishes very often.. Also do not give up if your hydra lies in couple yards away. My successful one was far away but I pushed it to the gate and then on the grass with a police van colgate.gif
  • OG Viking likes this

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Congrats happy.gif ! At least there is a hope for us, who didn't manage to do it. Hydra on master savefile is very impressive! icon14.gif

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:11 PM Edited by roggan, 18 November 2012 - 10:18 PM.

Actually it wasn't my master save, because I was too impatient not to start the storyline and get some other unique cars before, but conditions were the same: the Seasparrow was without EP/FP. The only problem is to get something like 1000 rounds to sawn-off at the very start of the game colgate.gif
Oh yeah and there is no need to leave a scripted car in the door. You just take a police car from the impound and keep the door opened with it while you push the Hydra inside. After that opened or closed door makes no difference on Hydra's vanishing.
  • OG Viking likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (roggan @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 20:11)
Actually it wasn't my master save, because I was too impatient not to start the storyline and get some other unique cars before, but conditions were the same: the Seasparrow was without EP/FP. The only problem is to get something like 1000 rounds to sawn-off at the very start of the game colgate.gif
Oh yeah and there is no need to leave a scripted car in the door. You just take a police car from the impound and keep the door opened with it while you push the Hydra inside. After that opened or closed door makes no difference on Hydra's vanishing.

Hi first of all congrats
And about the car in the door you're right, my bad for misleading anyone, but for some reason the first few times i got the hydra in the impound there was some kind of glitch with that door, sorry about it.
Glad to know i'm not the only one that got it.
I was starting to think I had some kind of once in a life time glitch that made it possible to get it LOLOL.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:19 PM

Congratz bro nice job, might inspire me to get back into it another time and really perfect it.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

I go it today, with EP/FP Sea Sparrow. But everytime I go to check SF impound it's not there. sad.gif I can't think of anything which I did wrong. From what I heard SF Impound is not very reliable, guess I will have to start over. facedesk.gif . Roggan was right about sawn off shotgun it's cetainly better than pushing.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Wednesday, Nov 28 2012, 14:54)
I go it today, with EP/FP Sea Sparrow. But everytime I go to check SF impound it's not there. sad.gif I can't think of anything which I did wrong. From what I heard SF Impound is not very reliable, guess I will have to start over. facedesk.gif . Roggan was right about sawn off shotgun it's cetainly better than pushing.

I could check your save with a teleport and tell you for sure if there locates Hydra or not. Just share it smile.gif
  • OG Viking likes this

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

Thanks, but now I managed to do it myself a while ago. smile.gif I re-read about SF Impound a bit more, and now it seems it's ok when I checked it. Now the only problem is to make it EP/FP. I'll do that soon, then I'll post a save with hydra.

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Well, if you managed to get the Hydra, then making it EP/FP is quite easy task. Congratulations already smile.gif

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks. smile.gif Now I use same strategy as EP/FP Rustler, shouldn't be too hard. I'll try to do it later on master savefile, but for now I tried it with this safer method. tounge.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:40 AM Edited by fnxrak, 29 November 2012 - 03:44 AM.

QUOTE (0909090 @ Wednesday, Nov 28 2012, 16:30)
Thanks. smile.gif Now I use same strategy as EP/FP Rustler, shouldn't be too hard. I'll try to do it later on master savefile, but for now I tried it with this safer method. tounge.gif

Congrats man!!!!!
A little tip though for making the rustler and the hydra EP/FP enter the marker in front of the deposit grounds and save the vehicle before killing the russians, because if you leave the vehicles there, after killing everyone you'll only have it EP and not FP. I found that it's actualy easier to me to save the planes in the SF Impound instead of the Doherty Garage.
  • OG Viking likes this

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the tips fnxrak. smile.gif But I fear of one thing that it might dissappear during storyline cry.gif , I don't understand Impounds very well, but I know that some missions will impound your vehicles. One more question I watched your hydra video yesterday, and I noticed that you have impounded Rustler. I haven't tried though, but from what I read Rustler doesn't spawn properly. Do you mind telling me how you did that? smile.gif

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:31 PM Edited by fnxrak, 29 November 2012 - 07:37 PM.

QUOTE (0909090 @ Thursday, Nov 29 2012, 15:51)
Thanks for the tips fnxrak. smile.gif But I fear of one thing that it might dissappear during storyline cry.gif , I don't understand Impounds very well, but I know that some missions will impound your vehicles. One more question I watched your hydra video yesterday, and I noticed that you have impounded Rustler. I haven't tried though, but from what I read Rustler doesn't spawn properly. Do you mind telling me how you did that? smile.gif

I don't quite understand what you mean by "spawn properly", but if you're speaking about respawning in the impound I must say that in the SF impound I have never had problems with respawning aircrafts althoung I had a few problems with the LS impound making the airplanes spawn in between walls and in vertical position leading to the eventual explosion of the same.
If you're asking about how I got it I used the same technic described in: EP/FP Rustler acquired but in the end instead of saving the Rustler in the Doherty Garage I saved it in the SF Impound.
For the best use of the impounds there's actually a good topic already: Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage
and don't mind much about your vehicles being replaced by ramdom vehicles in this case because from my experience with the impounds large vehicles and aircrafts do not behave the same way as other vehicles like cars or motorcycles thus they do not get replaced so easily (wich doesn't mean they don't get replaced).
Planes and Helicopters are actually the best vehicles to save in the impounds (Airplanes in SF and Helicopters in LS and in LV).
  • OG Viking likes this

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Ooops I made a mistake I meant LS Impound actually, my bad. blush.gif Thanks for clearing this thing up.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:16 PM Edited by fnxrak, 07 December 2012 - 10:43 PM.

Finally got it in my mastersave 2 months later it's definately the hardest thing I did in San Andreas. Getting the Phoenix from Vigilante missions and fininshing burn and Lap with gold are hard but this one was EPIC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now changing a little bit of the subject I have found a easier way to get the Sandking and the Dune in Los Santos and here's the video:

• OG Viking likes this

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:22 PM

fnxrak I have always had bad luck with keeping the Sandking upright, you truly had luck with you there. P.S. Your video could have been about 4 minutes shorter, we as viewers do not care so much with you moving a Turismo or Sultan afterwards, just the Sandking "^

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:31 AM Edited by fnxrak, 06 February 2013 - 09:43 AM.

QUOTE (Krawk @ Saturday, Dec 8 2012, 21:22)
fnxrak I have always had bad luck with keeping the Sandking upright, you truly had luck with you there. P.S. Your video could have been about 4 minutes shorter, we as viewers do not care so much with you moving a Turismo or Sultan afterwards, just the Sandking "^

Yeah sorry I forgot about that but i'm doing a complete record of my game until 100% and that's part of it. My bad

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Deleted---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:48 AM Edited by fnxrak, 06 February 2013 - 09:50 AM.

Is it possible to store a rustler in a garage in a "master save"?
I thinking that maybe you can steal one of those flying around but haven't quite figured it out how they spawn. I tryied a couple of times towing it to doherty but couldn't even leave the airport the police would crash against me and blow up the rustler before I got to the ramp.
edit (sorry for double posting)

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

Dude, those really long lines of ---- are very annoying. They stretch my window so I need to scroll right to read everything. Try centering the line instead.

Yes, a Rustler can be towed from the airport and stored in the Doherty garage. Jack Reacher is the expert on this. Try a search, you are liable to find some reference.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Feb 6 2013, 10:52)
Dude, those really long lines of ---- are very annoying. They stretch my window so I need to scroll right to read everything. Try centering the line instead.

Yes, a Rustler can be towed from the airport and stored in the Doherty garage. Jack Reacher is the expert on this. Try a search, you are liable to find some reference.

Sorry full HD screen "---edit---" from now on!!!! notify.gif

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

From Jack Reacher. Not sure if this is useful but whatever.. it's basically towing Raindance to Doherty there is no video about towing Rustler but this is kinda simniliar I guess. As for me I never managed to get Rustler early I tried several times but it seems too hard..
  • OG Viking and Android like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users