Getting the HYDRA early.

193 replies to this topic
fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

Actually all you need is the police maverick it will open the gate from outside if you crash it against it. But the turn i tried with no cheats the hydra vanished almost at the end of the impound.
Sorry about my ignorance but what do you mean by GFS Audio???

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Gotta be careful with the police maverick when you set it down though, damn SWAT keeps coming out and it shoots you! Anyway thanks for the tip il use the police choper to open the garage as it seems I cant get the Hydra to spawn anywhere near the impound now. Its that or I impound the burglary van, using the bike from Big Smoke sounds fine but I gotta max my skills and it seems a pain to get a chopper after parking it in the garage area.

The GSF audio is the script that runs the first time CJ enters grove street "Grove street... home" some master save file users like to try leave this untouched.

So where abouts can I fly to get this hydra to spawn?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:19 PM Edited by fnxrak, 04 October 2012 - 08:22 PM.

For me it has been near the easter basin near the big white [H] where the hunter will later spawn.
Damn I was so near now. it got stuck right next to the broken highway, but the damn news heli killed me. LOLOL
At least i'm having a lot of fun trying it out.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:33 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 04 October 2012 - 08:44 PM.

lol the news heli killed me as well while I was hovering and reading this site. What do you mean by big H where the hunter spawns, I didn teven know the hunter could spawn in SF. Do you mean the Hydra on the airship? Also I tried the police chopper and flew near the garage and nothing happened, do you literally have to crash into it?

Also what vehicle are you using to hold the garage, im thinking of using the bike now from Big Smoke so I dont have to worry about time... that or I save the Mule in the Doherty garage and use that so i dont have to worry about traveling every time i fail.

EDIT: Found it

Also crashed into garage with police chopper, it didnt open, swat guy got out without me notcing and busted me lol.

Man it seems if the Hydra crashes it takes ages to respawn, even if you get in and out of your chopper, you are better off just reloading it seems. So if im going to be reloading after it crashes I may as well use the burglary van instead as the time doesn't seem to matter.
  • OG Viking likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

When you finish flying school with all Gold Medals the hunter will spawn both in verdant meadows and on the naval basin in San Fierro, its basically in front of the Gas Station where you piick one of the mechanics.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:10 PM

Cool didn't know it spawned there. Im having good luck by getting out of the maverick on the airship, killing a the cops that spawn and then getting back in the chopper, it seems to spawn pretty fast even if it just crashed so reloading doesn't seem to be a problem. It shot me down the second time so what im going to do is reload and see if the hydra still spawns even though the choppers wont. I almost have a good pattern for getting it to spawn and getting it to fly into the bridge. We are pretty lucky that it can land anywhere ont he grass as it will fall down perfectly to the door.

So what vehicle are you using to hold the gate? Im still deciding on the mule and big smokes bike, im practicing with the hydra spawns until I actually start usign a vehicle as both seem to take a while to set up.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:21 PM

I'm using the police maverick itself it seems to be hard to vanish and it worked for on a test run i did with cheats
Just got that bug of getting busted by swat that get off the maverick your flying LOL
Reminded me of the most funny way I was killed in any GTA game
A few years back the first time i played san andreas the first time i finished with sucess the mission "STOWAWAY" i jumped out the plane with parachute and right over heard a plane (don't now if it was a rustler or what) but the funny thing was that it hit me in mid-air and killed me. It's a shame I wasn't recording that, but it was hilarious.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Im confused as to how you are opening the door with the maverik though, mine wont open. Maybe its a PS2 thing? So basically you airjack the maverik, try and crash the hydra and then crash into the garage door to make it open, block it and then push the hydra in while fighiting the SWAT guys that come out of the maverik?

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:41 PM Edited by fnxrak, 04 October 2012 - 09:44 PM.

to avoid the swat guys just enter and exit the impound when you hear the police maverick aproaching
the opening of the gate i believe its caused if the maverick its against the gate it will assume to be a little inside thus opening it. don't know if does the same in PS2 though. I could give it a try.

EDIT:

Don't forget when entering and leaving the impound always keep an eye in the crashed hydra

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:14 PM Edited by fnxrak, 04 October 2012 - 10:21 PM.

it also works on ps2 just park any maverick near the gate then push it against the gate and it will eventually open

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

I got the door to open for a Rustler: http://www.gtaforums...ic=304874&st=23 (last part)

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Thursday, Oct 4 2012, 22:14)
it also works on ps2 just park any maverick near the gate then push it against the gate and it will eventually open

Ah i got it going now, im also impounding a burglary van so I can reload and not worry about choppers spawning. Also works for the normal maverik. It might be easier getting the police chopper though, twice now swat have pushed me into the ocean while going for the maverik its a pain.

Although while airjacking CJ sometimes runs off the edge chasing the chopper, sooooo annoying.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

I've been experimenting with a slightly less modified save. Basically, my old master save from 2005 with infinite run enabled (didn't know about the burglary bonus back then) the Maverick on the SFPD helipad enabled, an added burglary van that spawns in that alcove in the impound grounds, and a save location just out of the impound trigger radius that loads sunny weather shortly before 20:00. I'm still using my trainer for immunities as well.

I'm having a lot more success getting the Hydra to spawn now that I know about fnxrak's' magic spawn location. Landing on the roof of the bunker where the helicopter has a little cover on one or two sides and exiting and entering again really seems to help trigger a Hydra to spawn. I've been getting 3 or 4 crashed Hydras before the burglary mission ends at dawn.

So far I've had one crash and slide down that access road next to the helipad, and quickly vanish. Another landed nicely in the grounds but disappeared just inside the impound lot's door. A third landed outside the impound gate but quickly despawned in traffic - getting it through the gate was likely to be an impossible task anyway, even when immune.

There is one thing that is working well for me; I've been parking the burglary van at the top of the impound lot's ramp, right next to the door and away from the guardhouse. When I approach with the helicopter after spawning a Hydra I can see the van, then the door spawns and slowly opens again. If I ever do get the Hydra wreck in the right spot I shouldn't need to fuss with getting that door open again.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

Found something interesting if you open the police maverick door but not enter it will stay hovering near that place indefenetly.
It's actually a good way to avoid the crashing against you.

Krawk
  • Krawk

Prankster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:47 PM Edited by Krawk, 07 October 2012 - 10:16 PM.

QUOTE (fnxrak @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 07:35)
Here are the Videos:

Part1:

Part2:

Interesting videos indeed. How the hell is this the bucket ass voodoo holding the road so well? Stick like glue cheat?
I have never been able to jump the river either like in the video. Is it specific to a low rider and how they fly?
Totally awesome though how this whole thing was thought out!

Backing up just a little bit - how did the ep/fp Seasparrow become to be? Gray Imports is available before you complete the Big Smoke strand? I know CRASH is available during the OG Loc Strand but I thought there were prerequisites.

Of course your departure from SF I would suggest to the viewers to hop into the ep/fp Seasparrow, blast the Voodoo to fail the mission, then get your bribes and park it again on the roof of Mulholland.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:56 AM

I always considered the Voodoo's handling to be quite good - like it still has the handling from VC instead of the super-sloshing handling of most of the lowriders.

The "In-Like-Flint" from LS jump isn't too difficult in anything that is reasonably fast. The return to LS jump is considerably more difficult. I managed it once with a nitro boosted Bloodring. Damn thing nearly slid off the hill; it's best not to use any gas until the nitro runs out - but that's not the issue I guess.

I admit I never considered if the the mission availability made any sense. It all seemed legit. The videos show the best case of using an ep/fp seasparrow later in the game when Grey Imports is available. Much of the discussion in this topic is speculation on getting the Hydra on a beginning save though, and doesn't involved a proofed helicopter.

Besides destroying the Voodoo, isn't it possible to fail the mission by attacking the racers? I suppose I should find a good save and try it out.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Monday, Oct 8 2012, 00:56)
Besides destroying the Voodoo, isn't it possible to fail the mission by attacking the racers? I suppose I should find a good save and try it out.

It's impossible to kill other drivers at the beginning of the race, the are indestructable. Long time ago I messed with that mission, I tried to destroy vehicles with fire, but it didn't work, but strangely fireman pull out driver from lowrider, I was able to get in, but I couldn't move. Then I tried to kill driver, but he is indestructable as I stated earlier( similiar to driver of patriot in "Yay Courier".

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:16 PM Edited by OrionSR, 09 October 2012 - 05:53 AM.

You are partially correct. It is possible to destroy the other cars and drivers using parachute damage (melee attack with the parachute equipped), but this doesn't end the mission. There also seems no hope of collecting the wrecks as they are firmly locked in place, and if the mission is failed the wrecks disappear.

I had no trouble progressing a save to have Gray Imports and High Stakes, Low Rider available at the same time. So there doesn't appear to be any technical difficulties with the method shown in the videos.

Added:

The Maverick at the SF airport seems to be a better choice for master save than the Maverick at the Bayside marina. It usually takes a few tries to get an undamaged chopper from the helipad to the bridge, but the plan of using the cover of the bridge's occlusion zone and then the unknown protection and cover of the tall buildings ins SF was working well enough. It's a long trip there and back though.

The SF airport is much closer. I usually go around back of the hangars before approaching the helicopter to clear out any existing cops on the tarmac. Then I park near the pole because it gives a little protection from being pushed into the sea, and is close enough to the edge that many of the cops can't stop in time. The Hydra seems to be on hold for this location, I've never been shot by a Hydra when trying to take off from this location.

Parking on the roof of the hangar and re-entering the helicopter usually draws out the Hydra after two or three tries, even if a few have recently crashed. So I'm starting to get the feel for hanging out indefinitely and coaxing out Hydras - without any editing, cleo, or trainer anymore. I think it's only a matter of time before I get another lucky crash in the impound grounds. The last one was up against the guard house and vanished as soon as I tried to push it away.
  • OG Viking likes this

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Isn't it easier just to fly to Bayside Marina anyway? The part where Maverick is parked won't trigger 4 stars if done correctly.
Here's a vid by zmoonchild:
  • OG Viking likes this

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

I don't know if it's just me but I can't get maverick to spawn at Bayside everytime confused.gif . It's not very relieable spawn place I think. Anyway I made savefile like fnxrak showed in his video, I'm gonna attempt this soon wink.gif . Off-topic: BTW ___mako that flag...are you from Slovakia? tounge.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:43 AM

Im gunna give this another shot as well soon, I also use the same strat to get the maverik in SF airport, its also nice not having the hydra after you while you go over to the impound zone to get the Burglary van set up (if that is your strat).

I want to know in advance in case I can only get it to crash once, what will likely make it dissapear? I plan to keep it in sight at all times but is that all I should be careful of? Also when entering the impound pushing it I dont really have to look anywhere in particular, its only when I have pushed it into the storing space that I need to look at where it is when I leave right?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:29 AM Edited by OrionSR, 10 October 2012 - 08:27 AM.

The Bayside Maverick is a "streaming" vehicle and loads with the map, so it is much less likely to spawn than most aircraft in the game. I think it helps to approach it slowly, and if CJ doesn't look directly at the spawn point the whole time. The Maverick that spawns at the SF airport early in the game has the force spawn flag set, so you can count on it spawning every time. BTW, the Maverick that spawns at the SF airport after unlocking the aircraft through the flight school is not forced to spawn, but I've never noticed a problem with it.

It remains to be seen which Maverick will be the best choice. Right now I'm banking on the SF Airport Maverick. I don't consider the unrestricted area around the Bayside helipad to be much of an advantage as it would take too much time and effort to clear the wanted level for each new Maverick - I like to replace them after 1 missile hit.

So far I've had one Hydra wreck disappear when traffic outside the gate crashed into it; I didn't hold much hope for that one anyway, but this leads me to believe that pushing the wreck with a vehicle would be a bad idea. Another vanished when I tried to push it off the wall next to the door and guardhouse. A third vanished when sliding down the ramp into the impound lot without hitting anything. The impound zone will open briefly as CJ travels down the ramp; I'm concerned about what will happen to the wreck while the invisible door is open and the garage zone is active.

I'm not sure if watching the wreck is important in the same way as watching a vehicle that was spawned by the garage zone; the wreck should not be subject to being discarded by the garage zone when CJ isn't watching. However, the more general rule of watching a wreck would still apply, and the Hydra wrecks seem particularly anxious to disappear. Once the wreck has been repaired, like other aircraft, the Hydra should be fairly resistant to being discarded.

I'm using the BMX from Big Smoke to hold the door open. This works out better for my hanging out indefinitely strategy. I don't intend to reload unless CJ dies, or I can't keep him from starving anymore. Hanging out in 4-star territory used to be pretty easy but I'm a bit rusty. I like the route from the SF Impound > Bridge Squalo > Drydock NRG > (Cranberry Sprunk (falls, usually) >) Doherty Armor > SF Airport Maverick.

I'm considering petitioning the board moderators to split this topic again, starting with fnxrak's Just got the EP/FP hydra post. Title it "Get Hydra Early" to match the videos, unless someone can think of something clever and easy to remember. And use "no cheats, no mods, no trainers" from the original post for the subtitle. I feel this vehicle collection method needs it's own topic, but I'd hate to lose all the discussion that been generated if a new topic was created. Does anyone else have an opinion on the matter?
  • OG Viking likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Yeah i also agree with you this should have a new topic on it's own. But I've been a little busy myself so i haven't been able to do it.
Anyway I've been trying to get the hydra in a master save to start the new topic from there with a new video but if you believe it would help having a new topic, I don't mind it at all, be my guest and if you need help making some translations or anything else just ask.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Im fine with this one but other members might not look into this topic, if it were titled Hydra EP/FP early or something then it would generate more discussion I think.

I just want the Early sidemission topic from Gameplay open again... why did that get closed, this find would be perfect to end it.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Wednesday, Oct 10 2012, 08:53)
I just want the Early sidemission topic from Gameplay open again... why did that get closed, this find would be perfect to end it.

Somebody bumped it with saying only "good job" or something like that, maybe that's why it get closed.

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

Well nevermind the holding the gate of the impound with a mission vehicle i've been trying to get it in a master save file and almost got this time without that vehicle, so it reaaly seems to be a lucky shot for the hydra not to vanish inside the impound. It was my mistake although i still think the gate has some influence in the hydra I now don't believe it will make it vanish all the time, so it might be only another insurance but its not mandatory for it. Also i tried it with cheats holding the door with one of the cop cars inside the impound and it worked.
So I believe this means that we have to be very very lucky for it to crash the right way and also very very lucky for it to not vanish before you can put it in the right place. For making it even worse this last time i had it in place and it vanished when i was trying to close the invisible gate. All i have to say is DAMN!!!! dozingoff.gif

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Wednesday, Oct 10 2012, 05:29)
The Bayside Maverick is a "streaming" vehicle and loads with the map, so it is much less likely to spawn than most aircraft in the game. I think it helps to approach it slowly, and if CJ doesn't look directly at the spawn point the whole time. The Maverick that spawns at the SF airport early in the game has the force spawn flag set, so you can count on it spawning every time. BTW, the Maverick that spawns at the SF airport after unlocking the aircraft through the flight school is not forced to spawn, but I've never noticed a problem with it.

It remains to be seen which Maverick will be the best choice. Right now I'm banking on the SF Airport Maverick. I don't consider the unrestricted area around the Bayside helipad to be much of an advantage as it would take too much time and effort to clear the wanted level for each new Maverick - I like to replace them after 1 missile hit.

Yeah, you are right, SF Airport is better choice.

QUOTE (0909090)
Off-topic: BTW ___mako that flag...are you from Slovakia?

Yeah icon14.gif

roggan
  • roggan

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:00 AM Edited by roggan, 16 October 2012 - 04:06 AM.

Now I'm trying to get this in my master save with a non-proofed helicopter. OrionSR, is this a right point that you've been talking about?

user posted image

I'm keeping re-entering the helicopter here, but it seems to be no Hydra spawnings around.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:47 PM Edited by OrionSR, 16 October 2012 - 08:58 PM.

That location is not a good place for spawning Hydras because 1) there are occlusion or cull zones under most bridges and tunnels that will send the helicopters and Hydra away, and 2) it appears that the Hydra won't spawn too close to the tall buildings of SF. I've been having good luck getting the Hydra to spawn after collecting the Maverick from the SF airport (a location that seems to temporarily disable the Hydra) by exiting and entering my helicopter on top of the bunker at the SF Navy Base. The locations shown in the images below provide some protection from missiles on at least one side.

http://i48.tinypic.com/xdgfg6.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/2s0k49l.png

Tinypic is a disappointing image host. Is there a free image hosting service that offers similar thumb and image for forums links as Imageshack but does not require registration?

Small Squares Linked BBCode from Imgur
user posted image user posted image

Large Thumbnail Linked BBCode from Imgur
user posted image

user posted image

Hm... not too bad. I think I can work with the services offered by imgur.
  • OG Viking likes this

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

I got an idea, sorry if thats dumb, but what about using undrowning glitch? Would that work? Flying helicopter underwater would make hydras spawn lower to sea, I think and there would be possibility to get one? BTW I got lucky I made hydra crash near impound, but somewhow as I was pushing to place where fnxrak pushed it in his video my hydra disspeared confused.gif , I missed a chance, it took me a long time to make hydra crash sad.gif .
BTW Orion try http://imgur.com/ this site doesn't require registration, I use this a lot smile.gif .
  • OG Viking and android like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users