Photo

as much % as possible without missions

5 replies to this topic
pawlowskinz
  • pawlowskinz

pawlowskinz

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:31 AM

I've seen the videos on youtube of zmoonchild getting 13% completion before doing any missions. Is it possible to get MORE completion before doing any missions?

I'm running this game on my macbook.
Version 10.6.8
Intel Core duo

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

For a starter I do the Firefighting, and then buy safe houses for saving. Moving on to Burglary, Gangtags, before the beginning. Next you can do the Taxi, Pimping, et cetera.
Others should have the more complicated things to do.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

13.37% is the maximum possible completion on a standard game without doing any story missions. If you want a bit more of a challenge you could try one of the custom Chain Game saves which have the races, bike and boat school, and the gyms open early. The saves work with the standard game so no modding is required. You just need to figure out where to copy the saves.

If you are working on an optimal starter save you might consider collecting the 3 proofed cars from jealous girlfriends, dating Michelle to 100% to get her racing suit, and if you are really hardcore about it, storing a Rustler in a garage.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:38 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 30 September 2012 - 06:50 AM.

You can get 13.37% (co incidence?) before the first mission. Check out the sticky topic in the gameplay section for a nice discussion on loads of stuff you can do before starting the first mission, imo the most interesting stuff you can do is collect vehicles that do not spawn in LS.

You can get the maverick, police and news maverick in the LS impound, even the Raindance and Cropduster I think in the LS impound. With a lot of luck and skill its possible to tow the Rustler into the SF garage to unlock it, im considering making a video showing how, others have used wanted level exploits to do it but thats after first mission.

You can also get Michelles racing outfit. I think we have all given up on getting the Hydra early, its something I might try again if I think its possible in principle. Basically what I need to know, even without 4 stars, is it possible to push a destroyed hydra into the Doherty Garage (keeping it open with a PCJ) using say the fire truck from around the corner to somehow push it in and with luck have the garage door close and heal it? I have on a few occasions had the Hydra crash into some of the skyscrapers in SF and I have been able to push it around pretty close to the garage but with swat on you I eventually died.

EDIT: Looks like Orion got most of this covered, I still recommend reading through the 4star topic in the gameplay section though. Don't know why it got locked, was one of my favorite topics.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:26 AM Edited by lil weasel, 30 September 2012 - 08:17 AM.

If the only object is to increase percentage of game before 'the beginning' does any of those collections of vehicles actually improve the percentage, or are they just things to do?

e: Isn't that the question by pawlowskinz...?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:49 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 01 October 2012 - 03:13 AM.

Storing cars in your garage doesn't increase your percentage, thought you knew that?

e: Yeah I know he was just asking for what counted as a percentage increase but I figured I would expand on it and give him a more in depth answer on other things you can do early, as he may have not of thought of them before and might like to try them out. Imo its better not assume thats all he wanted to know, he mentioned he had watched zmoons vids so I figured he had already seen all thats done completion wise and might like to know if there is more stuff to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users