» «
Photo

The Ultimate Territory Glitch FAQ

51 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:03 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 16 June 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Update: 6/17/2013: Added info on how to get 3 gangs in one zone, something that has been recently mentioned.

Update: 1/10/2012: Added Video showing how to get VLA into a GSF zone, and added gang density changes

The purpose of this topic is to combine all the new and old territory glitches into one nicely structured post so anyone who is interested in this can easily understand how to do each method. I will be editing this post as I am sure I will miss some stuff out, feel free to mention better methods at doing each glitch. Note I am a PS2 user and I do not use mods, all of these can be done without cheats so most of the methods will be posted with this structure in mind, feel free to modify them as you wish.

When I want to refer to a particular zone, I will refer to its shorthand code which can be found on this map:
http://pdescobar.hom...zone_mapper.png

Primary gangs in this FAQ refer to Ballas and Vagos.
3rd Party gangs in this FAQ refer to the other gangs such as VLA, Triads, Mafia etc

Also note I did not discover most of these so if you can also find the source of credit please let me know. I did find one glitch by myself.

Creating GSF territories (The Hood Abuse Glitch):

Method 1: Right this is the most basic way to give a zone GSF density. Firstly there is the basic way we all know, if a gang occupies a zone simply kill 3 gang members and a war will start, take it over and GSF gets that gangs density, they get nothing. Then there is the hood abuse glitch, you can add 10 GSF density to any zone doing this.
However I discovered something interesting here, its probably not even a glitch but I personally never knew about it so maybe you don't either. If you want to mix a gangs territory so that you add GSF and they still keep some of their density in that zone, instead of winning the last wave lose the war, either by death or just leave the area. This will mix that territory with GSF and the other gang, they will lose density.

Method 2: When one of your territories gets attacked by the Ballas or Vagos, go to the zone that you want to have GSF in (Say LDT7) and kill 3 primary gang members in that zone. Now go win the defence, but do NOT kill the attackers on foot, for if you do you switch the zone that gets GSF influence to the zone where you kill 3 of the attackers. To get around this, simply kill them in a car by doing a drive by, I recommend using a proofed car, and maybe get GSF to help you out if you dont have one. When you win the defence the zone that you killed 3 gang members in will have 10 GSF density and you should see the change on the map if you turn gang areas icon on and off.

If the zone that you want GSF to be in happens to be next to the attacked territory, simply kill all the attackers while standing in that territory, so lure them into that territory either on foot or using a proofed car. If luring is too difficult kill all of them but 4 and then lure just those 4, 4 to be safe you only need 3.

Extension of Method 2: Should you want GSF in a zone that is far away from the zones that are getting attacked (say San Fierro) or zones that are far away from other zones with primary gangs in them, plant Satchel Charges on the attackers (just 3 of them) and then go to the zone you want GSF to have. It may help to first take out the two guys with the shotgun from a distance and then plant the satchels on the last 4 remaining gang members (kill the rest so there are 4 left). I find this method to be unreliable, so you may have to make a chain of territories to the one you want. Or you could use cheats if thats your thing.

How to add Ballas and Vagos density to a zone (Mixed Territory Glitch):

Method 1: Again this is a legit method. When one of your territories gets attacked, simply let the timer run out and that attacking gang will gain density in the zone. If you lose the defence without spawning the enemies the attacking gang will gain 30 density in that zone. If you trigger the defence by spawning the enemies who attacked it they will gain 18 density, minus 3 for each gang member killed. Note if you save or use an R3 mission to cancel the territory attack before spawning the gang members, no changes will happen. If you spawn the gang members and then trigger an R3 mission, they will gain 18 density.

Method 2: Firstly before you can add one of these gangs to a specific zone, that zone must already have primary gang in it, preferably GSF. So if you want LDT7 to have Ballas or Vagos in it, first you must do the hood abuse glitch mentioned above to get GSF into it. Now if this zone is next to a zone with a high amount of Balla or Vagos density, what you can do is hood abuse it again so it has 20 GSf density, and it might get attacked. Then simply lose the attack.

Method 3: Again the zone you want mixed must have at least 10 GSF density, one hood abuse (or it can be a normal starting GSF territory such as Grove street or Glen Park.) Wait for one of your territories to get attacked. Now simply kill 3 primary gang members in the GSF zone that you want mixed. It does not matter if you kill a Vagos or Balla, the gang that gets mixed with GSF will be the gang that is attacking your territory. Once you kill 3 of them in the zone trigger the defence by spawning the attacking enemies and then simply lose the defence, the zone where you killed the 3 primary gang members will be mixed.

How to choose which gang attacks your territory (The pomor manouver):

So method 3 above says the gang that gets mixed with GSF is the gang that attacks your territory. There is a way to decide which gang actually spawns in the attack. First wait for a territory to get attacked. Now before triggering the defence and spawning the attackers, go to a zone whose gang dominates it and kill 3 primary gang members in that zone, doesnt matter which gang members you killed as long as they are Ballas or Vagos. Now when you trigger the defence, the gang that owned the zone you killed 3 gang members in will spawn. So once they have spawned you can go to a GSF territory and kill any 3 primary gang members and then lose, the gang that spawned when you triggered the defence will share it.

Note this also works for 3rd party gang zones, so you can get 3rd party gangs to attack a zone like VLA and triads. See below for more info.

How to get 3rd Party gangs into any zone (The pomor manouver extended):

Firstly we want the 3rd Party gang to attack your zone, I will use Varrios Los Aztecas as an example (VLA). Wait for a gang to attack your territory, and then stand in El Corona or Little Mexico (before triggering defence) and kill 3 Ballas or Vagos while standing in that zone. It may help to stand in the Ballas area until they spawn, then go into El Corona. Now once you have killed 3 go to the zone being attacked and trigger the defence, notice it will be VLA that spawn. Ignore them and drive to the zone you wish to have them in, note this may not have to be a GSF owned zone but any other primary gang zone (confirm?), il use Glen Park as an example. Now to the GSF zone you want them in and kill 3 Primary gang members in it, and lose the war. Once the war is lost VLA will spawn in this zone.

You could combine with this with the Flying territory glitch (Fly off the edge of the map to get random territories everywhere) as this will put other 3rd party gangs in LS. Then simply kill 3 primary gang members in that zone and trigger the defence to fight them, or after triggering the defence go to a zone you want more of that gang in and kill 3 primary gang members there and lose the war.

Here is a video showing how to do this to get them in Glen Park:

An interesting remark, once you get a 3rd party gang into this a GSF zone, if that territory gets attacked by a primary gang such as the Ballas, then the Ballas will also be in this zone. I think doing it in this order is the only way to get 3 gangs in one zone.
  • OG Viking likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:04 AM

Oh, cool. I have some information that might be useful. I'll edit this post when I get my notes together, and if Jack doesn't cover it elsewhere.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

Something I did forget to add is triple gang mixing. I have yet to get both Ballas and Vagos into a GSF territory, I can mix Ballas or Vagos first into GSF but when I try and get the other gang in, it simply adds more density to the gang that is already there. So is there a way to get 3 gangs (with more than 1 density, ignoring Flight Glitch) into one zone? Il add that little bit in later.

__mako
  • __mako

Proofed vehicles + Territory glitches

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Great to see it all together, great job, about those confirmations:

Mixed territory glitch - Method 1, if you trigger defense, youll get less rival gang density (18 instead of 30, and minus 3 for every gang member killed)

When losing turf war and mixing densities, GSF will never lose it's density - for example GAN2, which gets attacked quite often has default GSF density 40, when we get the message '...you lost influence' attacking gang gets density boost by 30 and GAN2 is still kind of greenish color, if GSF lost some density it'd be grey, also in new glitched turfs where you added rival gang you occasionally see your own gang members.

It doesn't matter if you'll end the war by death or timing out, but if you use R3 or save game, nothing will change until you trigger the attacking members to spawn, after that you may R3/save and they get 18 density boost.

3rd party gangs - it shouldn't be a problem, but i don't know how to get 3 gangs in 1 turf, if i do mix say GAN2 with 40 GSF and 60 Vagos, how should i add VLA?
First i kill 3 primary gang members in VLA turf and trigger attackers to spawn, but how do i find 3 gang members to kill in GAN2 (to switch the turfs)? There are NO gang members and no pedestrians at all from the part with triggering VLA to spawn as attackers.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (__mako @ Sunday, Sep 30 2012, 18:26)
3rd party gangs - it shouldn't be a problem, but i don't know how to get 3 gangs in 1 turf, if i do mix say GAN2 with 40 GSF and 60 Vagos, how should i add VLA?
First i kill 3 primary gang members in VLA turf and trigger attackers to spawn, but how do i find 3 gang members to kill in GAN2 (to switch the turfs)? There are NO gang members and no pedestrians at all from the part with triggering VLA to spawn as attackers.

Hey thanks for the confirmations, as for your question the video I added sorta shows how to get around this lack of pedestrian problem. Ok lets say you want VLA in GAN2. I think it will be easier if a different territory is attacked, so wait in the GAN2 spot for a different territory to be attacked. Now race over to El Corona and kill 3 Ballas while standing in El Corona to make VLA spawn in the defence, so far you are on track.

Now go to the defence and make them spawn, but kill like 3 of them. Looking back at what you said this will lose 9 density so the only change in density to GAN2 will be 9 density (18 - 9), so maybe kill 2.
The reason for this is because there are now less peds spawned in the game so I think it will be easier to get gang members to spawn in GAN2 (by standing in Idlewood or near the stadium I guess), and you will see them driving cars.

Alternatively you could get a tow truck, go to a high density area and tow a balla car with 3 ballas in it, and do the whole process towing these guys along and killing them in GAN2 at the very end. Im thinking of doing something ridiculous like this to do the hood abuse glitch over zones that are far away as the satchel trick is risky without cheats and doesnt always work. In fact in wondering if I can make the jump into the SF airport using a tow trick and a balla car, during an attack so I can get zones overseas early in the game. I think gang members stick around in these zones after green Sabre so I might do this at key locations in the game to have GSF walking around later on, part of my new starter save idea.

As for mixing 3 gangs in one zone it just doesnt work for me, usually I can get one gang in a zone but when the other gang attacks me and I kill 3 of their members in that same zone then lose, the first gang that I added gets the density for some reason.
  • OG Viking likes this

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

We are unable to mix 3 gangs in 1 turf because (GAN2 40GSF 60 vagos again) Vagos are the highest density non GSF gang in that area, that means if i do the VLA thing and get them spawn and then we kill 3 primary gang members in GAN2 we probably get Vagos density again instead of VLA, but i'm not sure as i tested this long time ago and i'm not even sure if i managed to kill 3 Vagos in GAN2 because of lacking peds. But i remember i couldn't get Ballas to East Beach and vice versa, Vagos to Playa Del Seville.

Simply adding secondary gang somewhere. I can't see your video because it's deleted for some reason. But if i remember correctly there's no need to kill 2 or 3 VLA when they attack, we just need to kill 3 Ballas/Vagos in VLA turf and spawn VLA in attacked turf and then let the defense time pass, we get maximum of it (18 density), if we want them to occupy different zone, we have to pull out primary gang members out of the car again (i find that to be easier than towing as i can't really store tow truck for a long time because my garages are filled with proofed vehicles and i rarely see a car with 3 members, maybe that's a version thing) and i'm having tough times with that as my timer usually runs out before i make it.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Yeah old video was banned instantly bu tnew one works. I misread your post I thought you meant it was possible to get 3 gangs in one zone, doesn't look like it now. As for killing VLA when they spawn in the attack, I do it to make it easier to add them to a different zone so that you dont have to pull them out of cars, killing a few makes more peds spawn ( I think).

Oh about the density changes I tested something out (remmeber im on PS2) and simply leaving the defence to the attackers did nothing. GAN2 got attacked by Ballas so I waited it out without triggering the defence, without spawning anyone, and it said you lose influence. It remained green like you said but no Ballas ever spawned in GAN2, there was no change at all. I reload and do it again, this time I spawn the attackers and then lose. I look at the map and GAN2 is slightly purple and Ballas are now spawning much faster, also when I enter the area Ganton comes up green in the bottom right corner (a PS2 thing, its cool).

As for tow trucks, silly idea it also took me ages to find a car with 3 gang members in it, and as for getting them into SF the tow truck only just doesn''t make the jump, with a car being towed it would be even harder. Il have to think of another way to get them into SF, its looking like il just use the satchel glitch or use the flight territory glitch and hope I get secondary gangs in LS that way.

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Yeah that 3 gang thing sound impossible now, but i hope we're wrong, i remember in that older post when glitches were only tested somebody was able to get 3 gangs, but maybe i'm wrong, i didn't read those scary 10 pages such a long time biggrin.gif

BTW i'm on PS2 too, but i always add Balla/Vago density by running the timer out without spawning gang members, maybe it's a version thing, i think mines V2.

I think you should give this satchel trick a shot, i could make it quite a few times, i think success here is affected by several factors, i'm thinking of not flying too high or maybe not too low or enter desired turf by foor, by i'm just thinking loud now.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Yeah but the guy who said he got 3 gangs in one zone also said a lot of things...

Its looking like il have to use the satchel trick to get them into SF.

Oh about Red county getting attacked, does it have to be next to any territory to get attacked, or do I simply have to add 20 GSF density to it and then mix it by killing 3 Vagos in it when a territory is attacked and then lose the war?

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Do you mean that big overlapping territory? I don't have any experience with that.

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:42 AM Edited by pomor, 03 November 2012 - 12:47 AM.

QUOTE (__mako @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 17:47)
We are unable to mix 3 gangs in 1 turf because (GAN2 40GSF 60 vagos again) Vagos are the highest density non GSF gang in that area, that means if i do the VLA thing and get them spawn and then we kill 3 primary gang members in GAN2 we probably get Vagos density again instead of VLA

You got it wrong. You cannot add secondary gang to a hood with both GSF and Vagos (or GSF and Ballas, for that matter)
I hope you are still interested, I was not around for some time, infinite frustration of trying to flip Infernus with a Tractor made me leave GTA for quite some time.
Anyway, to mix 3 gangs, I mean one secondary gang, one primary enemy gang (balla or vago), and GSF, you need to have GSF only turf mixed with secondary gang (like VLA). You also need enemy turf bordering with the turf you are mixing. Then, you wait till enemy gang attacks your shared hood. In this case, they MUST attack on their own, or it will not work. Let them win, attackers will be added to the hood without removing GSF and VLA/Triads/whatever.

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 20:01)
Yeah but the guy who said he got 3 gangs in one zone also said a lot of things...

moto_whistle.gif
Whom do you mean?

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Thanks, btw I'm interested in these glitches long-term smile.gif

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (pomor @ Saturday, Nov 3 2012, 00:42)
QUOTE (__mako @ Monday, Oct 1 2012, 17:47)
We are unable to mix 3 gangs in 1 turf because (GAN2 40GSF 60 vagos again) Vagos are the highest density non GSF gang in that area, that means if i do the VLA thing and get them spawn and then we kill 3 primary gang members in GAN2 we probably get Vagos density again instead of VLA

You got it wrong. You cannot add secondary gang to a hood with both GSF and Vagos (or GSF and Ballas, for that matter)
I hope you are still interested, I was not around for some time, infinite frustration of trying to flip Infernus with a Tractor made me leave GTA for quite some time.
Anyway, to mix 3 gangs, I mean one secondary gang, one primary enemy gang (balla or vago), and GSF, you need to have GSF only turf mixed with secondary gang (like VLA). You also need enemy turf bordering with the turf you are mixing. Then, you wait till enemy gang attacks your shared hood. In this case, they MUST attack on their own, or it will not work. Let them win, attackers will be added to the hood without removing GSF and VLA/Triads/whatever.

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Tuesday, Oct 2 2012, 20:01)

moto_whistle.gif
Whom do you mean?

Wow I cant believe I missed this, il check if I added it to the front page. I always thought the idea of having 3 gangs added to one zone was impossible, looks like I was wrong. As for what that other guy said, he also had loads of fishy claims I believe, I can't really remember anymore tbh but there were some untrustworthy individuals involved with these finds.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:52 PM Edited by Jack Reacher, 18 June 2013 - 11:49 PM.

Sorry for bumping the topic again but there is still something I think that could revive this discussion. We know we can get Varios Los Aztecas in any GSF territory and I have showed a video on it, but something more interesting is getting other gangs into LS, preferably before Green Sabre. I think more GTA SA gamers (both new and old) would be more interested in seeing the mafia or Da Nang Thang driving around in LS early in the game, its a bit more interesting than VLA as they are already in El Corona.

How you go about doing this is more difficult though, I see two methods.

Method 1: You essentially need to wait for a gang to attack your territory, kill 3 primary gang members in one of the 3rd party zones which are overseas (e.g kill 3 Ballas while standing in a Da Nang Thang zone.) and then return to the territory that was under attack. Trigger its defence to spawn that 3rd party gang (in our case, Da Nang Thang) and now go to a GSF zone you wish to place them. Kill 3 primary gang members in that zone and lose the defence.)

Method 2: This is basically the same thing, except instead of going overseas to switch the defence for the 3rd party gang, you do it in LS. To do do so, you would have to do the flying territory glitch to randomly put low density 3rd party gang members in LS, and then simply repeat the steps in method 1.

There are huge problems with both methods though. For method one, we somehow have to get Ballas into SF. This might be possible, to do so you could use the hood abuse glitch using satchels to get GSF into the airport. From there you somehow gotta kill 3 ballas in the airport zone when the next territory comes under attack. I can think of a complicated way that may be reliable if anyone is willing to look into it.

The idea is to start a gang war in Red County, a 3 wave gang war preferably. On Round 2, leave only 2 or 3 ballas alive and place satchels on them. Now grab a chopper from Mulholland Safe House and fly to the SF airstrip, you should have enough time to land and detonate the satchels before you lose the war from being out of bounds. Round 3 should start, spawning loads of gang members on the airstrip. Remember no cops will be on you at this point, gang war is still on. Now you could lure them all to a zone next to Da Nang Thang, by looking at http://pdescobar.hom...zone_mapper.png
you should see that SFAIR1 is a pretty good candidate. Also note you shouldnt have many worries of losing the war if you land on the tip of the airstrip, its still in Red County.

The idea now is to lure them to SFAIR1 and then lose the gang war, and now we gotta hope that once you lose the gang war, one of your territories comes under attack. This is where I need someone with good programming knowledge to give me an idea if this is plausible. First, will I even get a territory under attack in SF? Im thinking of finding out the exact time a territory will get attacked, and start a gang war before it. Will this postpone the attack till right after the gang war? Im sure I can figure out some sort of timing schedule using the in game clock, I just have to know exactly what delays the attacks and such. So basically if we can mix SFAIR1, then we can be more relaxed, we wait at our own leisure for an attack to start, then we can kill 3 ballas that are in SFAIR 1 while standing in EASB2. Yeah I know cops will make this tricky, but it should be possible its just 3 ballas.

Or we could just repeat the satchel method on the attacking Ballas while in SFAIR1. I however have little luck with this method when it comes to mixing territories, I will try it out a few times though to see how reliable it is. Its quite hard without cheats but I think I could get it to work if I really try. I hear there was a method of using the LS airport gates to easily use the satchels, might give that a go.

Now if all that seems way too much effort (its a fun challenge for me and maybe for some who sorta wanna keep the master save thing going) we could settle with method 2. A problem for PS2 owners is finding out which zones actually have 3rd party gangs after doing the flying glitch. Whats more problematic is what if they get put into zones with the ballas? For instance lets say im only working with LS, as restricted areas are proving too difficult due to bridges etc. Lets say I use the flight glitch and I see some mafia dude strolling along East LS, in one of the usual territories. If I then win a gang war to get rid of the ballas and add GSF, will that also wipe out the mafia in that zone? It seems impossible to make use of them if they land in a balla zone. In fact it seems the thing to do would be to take over all the gang zones except a few before even doing this glitch, so that the mafia get put nicely into GSF zones instead. That way you can work straight from there.

Or, simply hope that the glitch puts the mafia in LS outside of any Primary gang zone so they are isolated, but it might be tough even finding out which zones have them as there density is so low.
  • OG Viking likes this

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:19 AM

I think your strategy for luring primary gang members into SF is pretty likely to work. I don't really have any insider programming knowledge about the gang wars other than at one point I made some cleo scripts to track the various timers and other variables used in the gang wars and attacks.

The details you seek are probably documented in the old mastermind topic. IIRC, the timer gets delayed for wars, missions (R3), flying aircraft, and while in a high-altitude interior (most). If the timer is short enough it usually gets a short delay (30 seconds?) added so the attack doesn't happen right away; but again, I forget the details - I'm sure I wrote them down somewhere though. Also, the next attack timer counts down very slowly if CJ isn't in LS, but the boundaries of "LS" for this purpose are unknown. Sorry, it was my intention to compile this information early in the topic but I never finished.

But the reason I think it will work is that I once read an interesting log topic on GameFAQs of one player's effort to take over every glitched turf on PS2 without using any cheats to get gang members into remote zones. He used very similar methods to lure the Ballas into SF. Sorry, the topic is gone and I don't remember many details other than he was doing this on a late-game save (probably 100%) and often used the jetpack to safely hover above the group and keep them together during awkward stretches. (This might be an interesting application for an EP seasparrow.)

It's hard to wrap my head around all this again. Is this something you are doing or is it just speculation at this point?

A flight glitch is going to be the only way to get Mafia into anywhere without some sort of code or modification. This would seem to exclude v2 players, and successful methods wouldn't translate well between PC and PS2. I'd suggest concentrating on successful methods that would apply to all versions playing without modification - except Xbox which apparently has different glitches to play with. I still think it's possible to glitch specific gangs into specific turfs but describing the process is nearly impossible. Maybe we'll have better luck now that we are using the same console and version.

It would be handy to have a zone map with the pedestrian groups marked and an overlay with steve-m's paths map. The ped group information is available using the zone tool of a save editor and any known save, but it's really hard to get a good overview with the editor. The idea is to identify specific zones in prime areas that have naturally spawning gangs, preferably with a ped path, and target them for boosting primary gang density. I'm thinking of HAUL, that industrial (weekday gangs?) area of Fallen Tree, and the ped path at the beach north of the Panopticon (PANOP), just to get started.
  • OG Viking likes this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:11 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 19 June 2013 - 07:20 AM.

I think I know what topic you were talking about, I think it was started by a guy named punkmaster or something, and yeah I vaguely recall the jetpack stuff but didn't realise they were using a similar gang war strat to lure enemies. It kinda just hit me that using satchels to finish the round is pretty much the same thing as using satchels on a defence to mix the territory overseas... so my as well just use satchels on the attacking gang members when a zone is under attack to get primaries into zones overseas. However I suppose by doing it the way I outlined, doing a gang war, makes you skip the step where you gotta mix a zone overseas.

Yeah all I really needed was basic info really on how the timer works for territory defence triggers. So basically I have 30 seconds in 4 star land (possibly more as im overseas) to stay alive and keep the ballas from dieing. This is really just procrastination, I have exams coming up haha. However its also speculation until I can see a plausible method to test out. While actually trying this stuff out I usually come up with new ideas and you can see the problems first hand, I don't really wanna spend too much time testing stuff because it takes so long waiting for territories to come under attack, and there is a lot of stuff that cant be reversed, such as doing the flight territory glitch.

I think the best way to go about method 1 is simply to boost Red County density so it can handle a 3 wave gang war, and plant satchels on the last guys on round 2. Looking at pdescobars map, I reackon you could fly on top of that naval base and detonate before you lose the war from flying out of bounds.

This should transport loads of ballas to the ground floor and you are out of harms way from the cops. You should be able to wait for the next territory to be attacked and kill all the ballas on the ground, I just don't know if they will scatter after the gang war due to cops etc, or if they will keep trying to shoot you. If all that fails, the actual naval boat itself could work if you climb it, I just hope they don't jump into the water. Im wondering though, say I do this and get the Da Nang Thang into LS, say putting them in Glen Park. Would I have to repeat this journey to SF to get them into different zones, or will the pomor maneuver work if I use Glen Park? Finally it might actually be best to simply mix SFAIR1 with ballas/vagos because then you can also go to those blue shaded zones like DOH2, it seems a bit of a stretch to use the satchels in that zone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because of the whole mafia issue, I will most likely work with doing the territory glitch by flying off the map to get gangs into LS. I won't bother specifically trying to place gangs into zones doing this, im just going to fly at random for a long period of time and work with that. So, few problems with that.

Firstly im on PS2 now, no PS3 so I can't check which zones actually have the new gangs in them. Im sorta ok with this, despite the gangs having very low density I recall many occasions when I see them walking around LS as I free roam, which is what I mainly do now so it sorta adds to that experience, im good with this for now.

Secondly what if the majority of zones that these new gangs are dumped in are regular default primary gang zones? If we try the pomor manoeuvre it will just swap the attacking gang with the default gang instead as they are more dominant. So im wondering, should I recognise these new gang members in a default balla territory and decide to do a gang war there to flush out the ballas, will the 3rd party gang still be there, or will there density get reset as well? Should their density get reset by doing this, perhaps it might be better to take over a large majority of territories in LS so that should any 3rd party gangs get dumped there, boosting their influence is all you gotta do.

Yeah its pretty overwhelming coming back to all this, might sleep on it.
  • OG Viking likes this

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

To the overseas delay, IIRC it takes about 10-20 times more to be attacked, so if you entered aircraft 5 seconds before your turf was attacked, it would take at least 1 minute. When you are in aircraft, the countdown freezes.

If you win a gang war with 3rd gang present, it will be deleted, maybe you should create new low density turf in LS for GSF (like COM3), then try placing Da Nang or whichever gang there via satchel trick, so they have higher density, and use this turf to spread gangs around LS.

If you have no luck with satchel method on PC, try turning frame limiter on/off and see if it has any effect.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Im playing on PS2 but il give that a go. I mainly wanna work with the flying territory glitch as it will get mafia into LS.

Oh heres an interesting way for me to find out which gangs got others in them. I recall checking zones that the flight glitch added ballas to, and it always seemed to add not just ballas but others too.

For instance its more likely that a 3rd party gang is added to a zone that say the ballas were added to during the flight glitch, so I can actually see these changes. Im wondering if boosting their density would increase the ballas or the 3rd partys. Or maybe it was just a coincidence.

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

It all depends on which gang has edge on that particular turf. If Mafia has density 2 and Balla 1, Mafia will be added, but you're right, maybe it was just coincidence, i think flying glitch adds density to random turfs, maybe for random gangs, but i remember someones post where they found out that it adds density to gangs the way they are sorted somewhere in memory ( 0 = Ballas, 2 = Vagos, Mafia was like 5th-7th).

And if you have problems with satchel method, just keep trying, i'm on PS2 too and have made new turfs only with satchel method, fly-off doesn't work, i'm v2 angry.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

I think getting the Mafia will be tough. IIRC, if any of the lower numbered gangs are glitched into the zone then they will have precedence. My experiments indicate that flying directly south increments the gangs in sequence, so mostly east/west travel would probably be better.

It might help to identify which zones can actually get glitched. I can sort of estimate which ones they will be, which should limit the search a little. I cant think of a few ways to identify the specific zones but none are particularly easy. Perhaps an old screenshot from someone with all 173 zones would help.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

In my experience, the flight glitch spurred the Mafia in LAIR1 (Los Santos airport), THALL1 (Commerce), Sunnn (Bayside Marina), and OCEA1 (Ocean Flats).

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 03:04)
I think getting the Mafia will be tough. IIRC, if any of the lower numbered gangs are glitched into the zone then they will have precedence. My experiments indicate that flying directly south increments the gangs in sequence, so mostly east/west travel would probably be better.

It might help to identify which zones can actually get glitched. I can sort of estimate which ones they will be, which should limit the search a little. I cant think of a few ways to identify the specific zones but none are particularly easy. Perhaps an old screenshot from someone with all 173 zones would help.

You mean this one?

http://pdescobar.hom...zone_mapper.png
  • OG Viking likes this

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

As we all know, territory conquests increase your respect meter. Much surprisingly, coded and glitched territories assigned to Grove do not. However, coded or glitched territories assigned to rivals then overtaken through a gang war does.
  • OG Viking likes this

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:40 PM Edited by gtaxpert, 06 August 2013 - 08:29 AM.

Wow, great topic. So I could make a territory with vagos and varrios where they are constantly having a war with each other? I'm going to try that. That would be entertaining.

Edit: Do mixed territories need Grove in them? Because I don't think the Varrio Azteca trick works on rival gang territory.

Edit2. I succeeded after reading this post:
One more thing. To my supprise, gangs that I have added to Los Santos (Triads around dance club, Rifa at the Skate Park, and Da Nang around hospital in Jeferson) have NOT been deleted after completing Green Sabre
At all the original territories, GSF were replaced, by Ballas and Vagos respectively, like usual, but the secondary gangs are still there.
by Pomor
I glitched Aztecas all along east beach and after Green Sabre they were still there, battling the Vagos. I guess you could also do the mixed territory glitch to get Vagos into Azteca territory. It's funny to think that with enough effort you could get Azteca Vago shared territories on a lot of places and see them battle anytime you go there. And if you don't kill any Aztecas in the gang war then they end up with a really good density there.

Edit3: Lol, its a warzone over there.

rhans
  • rhans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

To do the opposite of what is being discussed here (removing gangs like Varios, Triads instead of adding them to territories), there is this topic:

http://gtaforums.com...rough-glitches/

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

*Shaking my head* *Clicks refresh*

Wow, Jack Reacher really is ejected from the forums.

Anyway, has anyone ever managed to get gang 10 to appear from the flight glitch? I managed to get gang 9 to appear in LIND1A and LIND1B.

__mako
  • __mako

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

what do you mean? Did you see gang 9 peds spawn?

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:05 AM

What I mean is gang 9 appearing in parts of Willowfield (many other gangs appeared elsewhere too; that's besides the point) was the result of conducting the flight glitch while I slept (I don't have the patience when awake).

What I saw was a gang who looked identical to the Aztecas; they carried no weapons and drove sentinels, which made telling them apart easy. Unfortunately, gang 9 & 10 are identical in every way, so I had to assign them unique weapons and vehicles to pinpoint which gang this was. As it turns out, the weapons and cars matched what I set gang 9 to possess.

rhans
  • rhans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

And if you kill lots of gang 9 or 10 members, what does it appear in your stats for least favorite gang?

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:45 AM Edited by King Andreas, 07 April 2014 - 06:08 AM.

The short answer: It won't say anything.

The long answer: I didn't have the patience to kill thousands of gang 9 & 10 members to verify, so I started a new game with codes to give the two gangs territories. I killed one gang 9 member; it said nothing. Likewise, I killed one gang 10 member; it said nothing. Subsequently, I killed one Vago member and it said this: "Los Santos Vagos". Then I killed 5 Triad members, resulting in it changing to this: "Mountain Cloud Triad". It still listed the Triads even after killing forty-one members of gang 9 and forty-four members of gang 10. The rival gangs killed tally was increased to 93. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users