Photo

The PlayStation 2 Topic

18 replies to this topic
Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

I performed a search but was shocked to find that there were no official topics for the PS2 So I made this little topic where you can all share your fun experiences with the PS2.

It is amazing that even today people play the ps2 all my friends have it! and it is almost at the end of its life two games FIFA 13 and PES 13 are suggested to be the Final Titles for the PS2.

The PS2 has one of the largest and best collections more than any other console [ My Opinion ] The Xbox Also Released The Same time as it did but it stopped well back in 2005 but people played it till 2010 But the PS2 is still there incredibly from its first release Now People are talking about the PS4 and 720!

The PS2 is the best selling video game console of all time

So If you still have A PS2 try posting pics of the games! Discuss you fond memories here!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:11 AM

user posted image
Just got this rare gem a while ago.

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:29 AM

I bloody well love my PlayStation 2. I had more memories with this than anything else. Took this quick pic:

user posted image

As well as this I have (related):
  • A 'Fat' PlayStation 2
  • 4 Controllers
  • A 4-Play Controller Adapter
  • About 30 more games
I'm never giving it away, nor the games. I play it more than my PlayStation 2 and have easily spent more time on GTA San Andreas than any other game.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:15 AM Edited by Master of San Andreas, 28 September 2012 - 07:24 AM.

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 06:29)
I bloody well love my PlayStation 2. I had more memories with this than anything else. Took this quick pic:

user posted image

• A 'Fat' PlayStation 2

• 4 Controllers

• About 30 more games

I'm never giving it away, nor the games. I play it more than my PlayStation 2 and have easily spent more time on GTA San Andreas than any other game.

This is the best review I have seen for the PS2 so far. The Uploader does nice PS2,Dreamcast reviews and all.

He is a pro flyer too excellent reviews he does sometimes it makes me wish I had a PS2

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

Damn the UK version of the cover looks so cool. The Australia/NZ version is so dull and boring:

user posted image

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 07:25)
Damn the UK version of the cover looks so cool. The Australia/NZ version is so dull and boring:

user posted image

He said he bought it off Ebay

Anyway Yeah I Know the cover is awesome for the UK nice neat better than the modern game covers!

headmetalbanger
  • headmetalbanger

A Dose of Metal you need!!!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:35 AM Edited by headmetalbanger, 28 September 2012 - 07:38 AM.

I remember many games, like a Getaway, COLD FEAR (I buy this without a review or something and was a f*cking amazing experience!), Gran Turismo 4, Burnout 3: Takedown, Killzone, Residen Evil 4 (the last like me confused.gif ) and many others, a great console ever, love it this old days.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Yokel

• Serbia

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

My first PS2 game was Gran Turismo 3. My current PS2 is from 2002. I had another another one, but it broke.

Sometimes I don't know how it still plays when the tray opens and makes a grinding noise not to mention the dust it gathers where it sits yet the fan doesn't sound much louder than my PS3.

I swear Sony built them like a f*cking tank. 10 even 20 years from now as I become middle aged I bet I could still fire it up and it would play as good as it was new.

The PS2 days were awesome. inlove.gif

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

Mine isn't working anymore unfortunely, i first bought a PS2 back in 2001, i think i have more than 125 games for it, it's my favourite console of all-time, i miss those days, i really hate this gen, save for some quality games that is, i hate how devlopers are now focusing more and more on multiplayer, i can understand if it's a First-person Shooter but mulitplayer isn't really needed in every f*cking game.

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 06:29)

user posted image

• A 'Fat' PlayStation 2
  • 4 Controllers
  • About 30 more games

Is that Cel Damage I see in the upper right corner!? cool.gif Niiiiceee!!!

Anyway, my first PS2 game came with it when I bought it; Terminator Redemption. But the first game I bought for the PS2 (and the reason I bought the PS2 in the first place) was GTA3. Playing GTA3 on my PS3 just recently has been a real trip back to those times.

I still have my PS2 Slim, but I rarely set it up anymore. I bought the PS2 long after it had been released, so the library of games for it was ceaseless. I must of bought and rented over a hundred titles for it; in the end, only around 20 remain in my personal keep.

These include Hitman (Silent Assassin & Blood Money), Burnout (Revenge & Takedown), Medal of Honor: Frontline, Black, Gun, Canis Canem Edit, The Warriors, GTA (III & SA) and some others I've forgotten about.

It was great coming late to last generation in a way, since I could just pick and choose what I wanted straight away instead of waiting for games to get released.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE (Linki @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 21:38)
Is that Cel Damage I see in the upper right corner!? cool.gif Niiiiceee!!!

Yes it is Cel Damage! (Or Cel Damage Overdrive as it was called on PS2). Had some great times playing that. It has to have some of the coolest graphics, the cel shading is amazing and fits the wacky side of the game perfectly. happy.gif

Linki
  • Linki

Neonic

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Saturday, Sep 29 2012, 00:58)
QUOTE (Linki @ Friday, Sep 28 2012, 21:38)
Is that Cel Damage I see in the upper right corner!?  cool.gif   Niiiiceee!!!

Yes it is Cel Damage! (Or Cel Damage Overdrive as it was called on PS2). Had some great times playing that. It has to have some of the coolest graphics, the cel shading is amazing and fits the wacky side of the game perfectly. happy.gif

That game was so fun man. Hours and hours of fun renting that on summer days... lol.gif

IvoryX
  • IvoryX

My stories are your fun.

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

I have only GTA Trilogy pack for PS2, although I want to buy Bully, both Manhunts and Red Dead Revolver.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:41 PM

My first Playstation 2 games were NFS Pro Street, and GTA San Andreas... man, that brings back alot of memories. I remember the first time I unwrapped everything, the smooth and petite controller. The flip top tray. The Memory Cards, all of this is so old. Now a days we have hard drives and flash drives, it's hard to remember where those things came from. Back on topic, I loved SA on PS2, when I got my 360, I bought it from the marketplace (it's not on the mrktplace anymore).

But yea, fun times. Wish I still had it, I bought my PS3 Slim which was a mistake, should of bought the fat ones that are backwards compatible.

Android
  • Android

For the Colorful™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

Hm, topic seems dead. I hope that it's okay if I bump this.

Last Tuesday, I was bored because my Payday 2 copy got delayed until Friday. So I took out my Playstation 2. I have the fat model and I got it two years ago (prior to that I had a silver slim) and I started a new save on Need for Speed Underground 2. It's been a fun week, I played a lot of games too. Like Gran Turismo 3 and 4, then GTA III, San Andreas, and much more.

I think I'm going to play PS2 more than my Xbox 360 now smile.gif

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:30 AM

Kind of makes me wanna buy a PS2 for bout $50 somewhere and play the hell out of it for some reason. I had one long time ago, but I gave it away to cousins who were looking for something to play. Had the rockstar games on there like everyone should have on this forum, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Driv3r, Socom, Syphon Filter, The Bouncer, and many others.

You cannot really get the same nostalgic feeling from emulators or downloaded games much..You need to have the physical copy of the game and the system.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

God I miss the PS2 era. So many great games.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

If I could find my PS2 I would be playing The Warriors or GTA Vice City right now... Instead, I'm sitting here waiting for Dead Rising 2 to download on my Xbox 360.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 17 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

I've been through quite a few PS2 consoles, but currently, I own a fat PS2. I still love the console, and I own 100+ games for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users