Photo

The Liberty City appreciation thread

238 replies to this topic
Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Xerukal, 3 weeks ago.

Your game looks amazing what settings are you running on? Do you have any mods installed?

Nope. No mods. Just the natural beauty with some color temperature tweaks via an online editor. And also some brightness/contrast adjustments. 

I really like keeping the natural beauty of each GTA i play intact. A lot of the flashier, not-so-subtle ENBs just destroy the atmosphere. 

Love IV's default look, it has definitely aged well on PC. 

• thekillerdonuts and Kampret like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Vercetti42, 3 weeks ago.

But.. but my game looks pretty bad compared to yours even on very high settings. Could you just post your full list of settings your running on? (Brightness, contrast, resolution.. everything)

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

But.. but my game looks pretty bad compared to yours even on very high settings. Could you just post your full list of settings your running on? (Brightness, contrast, resolution.. everything)

I do not adjust brightness and contrast in-game. I use the external program/site I mentioned. But stuff such as brightness and contrast adjusting can obviously done using other means.

Spoiler

• Vercetti42 likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Please link me the site which you use to tweak the game.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Please link me the site which you use to tweak the game.

http://www.picmonkey.com/

It's basic Photoshop effects/tweaks for lazies like myself who can't take the time to learn the nightmarish Photoshop UI.  

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Too bad it doesn't snow in LC. I'm sure PC guys can do snow but you probably can't do that on console can you? Snow would be f*cking beautiful

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

That apartment you sell the coke in becomes a den for the homeless. Walked through it today, lots of people sleeping on the ground.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is it wrong that I felt more immersed with LC back when I was hyped for Los Santos? Maybe I just need to start up a replay of the game again to get immersed this time.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Too bad it doesn't snow in LC. I'm sure PC guys can do snow but you probably can't do that on console can you? Snow would be f*cking beautiful

Its called youtube my friend. Mods are a beautiful thing.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is it wrong that I felt more immersed with LC back when I was hyped for Los Santos? Maybe I just need to start up a replay of the game again to get immersed this time.

Not at all. LC is superior in everyway.;)
  • thekillerdonuts and Kampret like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not at all. LC is superior in everyway. ;)

Damn straight, my fellow Libertonian. If you should wish to venture past the West River, you can be my fellow Aldernian.

Get this, I am still discovering new stuff to this day in IV. This was a game that had love put into it.

Cheers.

• SonOfLiberty, ddyoung, Diesleman and 3 others like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Vercetti42, 3 weeks ago.

Some more GTA IV pics on PC. On max settings except for the draw distance which is set at 20. Weirdly I can see the control tower of the airport in my game too even with a much lesser draw distance than Xerukai's. But yeah natural game no picture editing done, just the natural beauty of LC:

Spoiler

• Xerukal and ric4rd094 like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

I just came a little.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Uncle T

• Members
  • None

Took this one right after finishing the "Revenge" path on another playthrough. Good times. I never even knew you could climb up to the tower near the ship and just snipe all of Dimitri's guys from there. 

Spoiler

Good ol' Platypus.

• ddyoung likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

The lack of anti aliasing in IV gives me eye cancer.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

Took this one right after finishing the "Revenge" path on another playthrough. Good times. I never even knew you could climb up to the tower near the ship and just snipe all of Dimitri's guys from there. 

Spoiler

Good ol' Platypus.

That's what I did. Then I just went into the ship and blew that f*ckers head off. Killing Dimitri and Peg gave me more satisfaction than blasting Steve Haines with an RPG. Maybe I'm biased because I'm from New York, but Liberty City will always be the quintessential GTA city. It felt so alive and real, there was crime, there was luxury, there was revenge and cowardice. I loved it! My only complaint is the lack of cars and peds in Star Junction, but luckily, I spent of my time outside of missions in the air or in the parks.

• SentinelXSVCS22 likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mr_Leone, 2 weeks ago.

Read the LCPD database. Read the stories about the side characters and you will have the same thought that I did. What the f*ck happened to serious side characters? Maureen harboring a fugitive at the height of her husbands power. Derrick being a police informant after protests in Belfast went south. The fact Forge was in suicide watch in prison. Jayvon's testimony led to his conviction. Or the fact that Roy Zito, the gay mobster, cut out his own kidney and gave it to Gravelli Sr. The depth is there
, beyond what you see. That is why GTA V is like a kiddy pool and IV is like the ocean.
  • ddyoung, namor, xXGst0395Xx and 4 others like this

thekillerdonuts
  • thekillerdonuts

Jelly Filled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Read the LCPD database. Read the stories about the side characters and you will have the same thought that I did. What the f*ck happened to serious side characters? Maureen harboring a fugitive at the height of her husbands power. Derrick being a police informant after protests in Belfast went south. The fact Forge was in suicide watch in prison. Jayvon's testimony led to his conviction. Or the fact that Roy Zito, the gay mobster, cut out his own kidney and gave it to Gravelli Sr. The depth is there
, beyond what you see. That is why GTA V is like a kiddy pool and IV is like the ocean.

There is SO much more to IV than meets the eye. Rockstar put their all into it.

• SentinelXSVCS22 and Misunderstood like this

SentinelXSVCS22
  • SentinelXSVCS22

Liberty City Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by SentinelXSVCS22, 2 weeks ago.

IV to me is something of beauty. Something of just endless fun each time you explore LC. I never knew LC had so much hidden depth in every street/alley way in the entire city. I still get lost in LC on SP/MP even though I've been playing the game for the past good 5 to 6 years. And everything is there from the word go as soon as you start playing the game. 

A Sunrise and a Sunset in LC looks so beautiful, it makes me appreciate IV more than I have ever done before. The characters, the music, the atmosphere, the setting, the dark and gritty places, the suburbias of each island ready to be discovered, the resturants, the Hot food stands, the vending machines, the unaccessible buildings, and the accessible buildings dotted around LC, the cars, the realistic and true feel of LC as a whole, and the classic sense of being a GTA game, just like all GTA's before and after, but something with uniqueness that is definitely there when you play the game. 

Never thought I would say that in one post. 

• ddyoung, namor, WandererNiko and 1 other like this

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

20% cooler, in 10 seconds flat!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not really "appreciation" but I've had this IV disk for like 4 years, no scratches. Ive had V since launch day, scratches. My Xbox is telling me something, obviously. IV is the superior game :cool:
  • SonOfLiberty, ddyoung and Kampret like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Not really "appreciation" but I've had this IV disk for like 4 years, no scratches. Ive had V since launch day, scratches. My Xbox is telling me something, obviously. IV is the superior game :cool:

Your Xbox is telling you to get this sh*t out of it. :lol:

Cheers.

• SonOfLiberty and Jioyt 123 like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

I'm not talking about the graphics but is it just me or does Alderney look a bit ugly at night? I swear it looks like a totally different borough during the day.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

I'm not talking about the graphics but is it just me or does Alderney look a bit ugly at night? I swear it looks like a totally different borough during the day.

I think it is kind of a shock. It is completely different from the whealty and brighty Algonquin.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I love Actor at night and Westdyke is pretty at night to. So is Port Tudor, especially with the view of the Algonquin skyline. But everywhere else in Alderney is a bit ugly at night unless it's thunder storming.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

I loved that database, gave you alot of insight into characters within Liberty City. Hell, even characters from Chinatown Wars were listed before the said game came out. I'm disappointed there wasn't an LSPD database in GTA V.

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 2 days ago

Playing IV a second time has made me appreciate LC a bit more. Had a pretty good memory of the layout already but searching for Stevie's cars, birds, etc. has led to finding more minute details. Still hard to say whether it's a favorite...but then my favorite game worlds are all over the place for different reasons. Stilwater, San Andreas(specifically Bone County), Greenvale, Nippon, the Great Sea, Santa Destroy, New Austin are all great to me but vary pretty significantly.

Kampret
  • Kampret

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 days ago

I love how hard to lose the cops in Central Algonquin, there's like at least 1 patrolling officer in every corner. Still, Broker felt the best to me (especially the area near Hove Beach).

GúnZinEss
  • GúnZinEss

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 11 hours ago Edited by GúnZinEss, 11 hours ago.

Im going to contribute to this topic by posting a few pics I took from this beaituful game:

28gxge9.jpg

14wvjnn.jpg

25k2xzr.jpg

1z3qm3p.jpg

f40ao2.jpg

30wuqg4.jpg

jtnbcn.jpg

2duxavl.jpg

mug2vo.jpg

28bte21.jpg

I love this game, its world full of details and all of its things. I never get bored of exploring Liberty & Alderney.

• ddyoung, Mr_Leone and Jioyt 123 like this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

• Members

Posted 10 hours ago

Very nice shots bro. Turn off the HUD if you post any more of them.
  • GúnZinEss likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users