Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Liberty City Appreciation Thread

2,021 replies to this topic
Watain
  • Watain

Ridin' motorcycles and makin' mayhem in GTA since 1998.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:43 AM

Dammit, this thread raised my hopes for a Liberty City DLC once more... It will probably never happen. Instead R* gave us, like, 8 or 9 sh*tty and useless mountains which essentially just take up map space. LC was a city map designed for a great gaming experience. Whatever they tried to accomplish with GTA V is beyond me. It's definitely a "quantity over quality" kind of map in my opinion.

#bringbackLC

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

Dammit, this thread raised my hopes for a Liberty City DLC once more... It will probably never happen. Instead R* gave us, like, 8 or 9 sh*tty and useless mountains which essentially just take up map space. LC was a city map designed for a great gaming experience. Whatever they tried to accomplish with GTA V is beyond me. It's definitely a "quantity over quality" kind of map in my opinion.

#bringbackLC

I really don't want Liberty City's immaculate, work of artistry associated with GTA V/GTAO. That's why I keep praying the rumours of it becoming a map in GTAO stay exactly that. Rumours.

Imagine f*cktards flying around on that stupid flying bike, the other Saints Row bullsh*t like features etc around Liberty City's landmarks? Thinking about it makes me throw up a little.

Da Vinci didn't ruin his art by outsourcing it to lesser minds. Liberty City should be protected and preserved in GTA IV/EFLC.
  • B Dawg, Piggsy pls, theGTAking101 and 5 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:49 AM

I'd need to take a rape shower immediately afterwards if they added LC to GTA Online.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Watain
  • Watain

Ridin' motorcycles and makin' mayhem in GTA since 1998.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:14 PM

#bringbackLC

I really don't want Liberty City's immaculate, work of artistry associated with GTA V/GTAO. That's why I keep praying the rumours of it becoming a map in GTAO stay exactly that. Rumours.

Imagine f*cktards flying around on that stupid flying bike, the other Saints Row bullsh*t like features etc around Liberty City's landmarks? Thinking about it makes me throw up a little.

Da Vinci didn't ruin his art by outsourcing it to lesser minds. Liberty City should be protected and preserved in GTA IV/EFLC.

You make a good point, however, I still want R* to incorporate LC into GTAO. I'm kind of misanthropic and mostly play in invite sessions either alone or with friends, so I don't really have to deal with any random players/griefers and their toys anyway. I could still find joy and bliss in being back in LC once again.

I played GTA IV and TLaD at least 20 times each back before the days of GTAO. I played alone and just enjoyed the city. I'd have no problem doing that again, except I'd have my personally customized character and all my gear to play with instead.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

Fair enough.:)

Personally I'd be gut wrenched if they put it in GTAO rather than give GTA IV/EFLC a remaster.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:26 PM Edited by B Dawg, 11 August 2017 - 02:36 PM.

You make a good point, however, I still want R* to incorporate LC into GTAO. I'm kind of misanthropic and mostly play in invite sessions either alone or with friends, so I don't really have to deal with any random players/griefers and their toys anyway. I could still find joy and bliss in being back in LC once again.

I played GTA IV and TLaD at least 20 times each back before the days of GTAO. I played alone and just enjoyed the city. I'd have no problem doing that again, except I'd have my personally customized character and all my gear to play with instead.

Or, you could just play the superior IV/TLAD multiplayer instead :p The two games that are actually fun/balanced to play publicly, and even more fun when customized with mods!

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:44 PM

Just as a side note B Dawg, but how long did it take for you to wrote out that wall of text explaining why GTA V is a bad game in your profile?

It looks pretty epic. :p

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:45 PM Edited by B Dawg, 11 August 2017 - 02:50 PM.

I don't know, didn't really count time. In total about an hour.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:15 PM Edited by Scaglietti, 11 August 2017 - 03:15 PM.

Not gonna lie though, I really would like to ride around LC in my Bestia with a penthouse view of Rotterdam Tower.

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Cosmic Warrior

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

If I saw the ugly wared piece of metal Feltzer in Liberty City I'd projectile vomit for three hours straight. Or if I saw 12 year old kids sliding around the map in first person.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 3 weeks ago

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz, 3 weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSvf_SeJqXU 

R.I.P. Prodigy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users