Photo

The Liberty City Appreciation Thread

2,021 replies to this topic
Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Copy paste mode activated!

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 02 July 2017 - 04:23 PM Edited by Ertan Soner, 13 July 2017 - 08:16 PM.

Liberty City has feeling unlike Los Santos...Dark atmosphere, mystery feeling, secrets to find. Lc is the best gta city ever.It is great to go back to Lc but I can't say the same thing for Ls.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

There's nothing in GTA V that makes me want to jump into Single Player(I've never touched GTAO and I never will.), I don't know how any one can actually enjoy it for long periods of time, yeah sure it's a very pretty game but the gameplay is poor and there's not a whole lot of fun activities to do, with IV/EFLC I got Vigilante missions, Gang Wars/Bike races, Drug Wars and Triathlons(way better than Vs lmao, seeing as how pressing down the D-pad cancels it, plus I hate running and biking as an "activity" give me a f*cking boat and car.) Nothing about Los Santos pulls you into its game world, all the pedestrians are f*cking stupid and they cry too much probably the worst of the series, at least IV made them feel varied from one another, same with each borough. All people care about V is how well it sold copies, it's f*cking dumb. "Oh its made a lot of money, it's a good game. :^)" retard kids.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, anthony and 6 others like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:24 AM Edited by B Dawg, 08 July 2017 - 11:32 AM.

Yeah, I'll never understand why people like to play objectively worse games/sequels. Take also Test Drive Unlimited 2 for instance. It's a driving game, but the driving mechanics/physics are horrible, the core part of the game, among many other things, yet some people prefer it over the objectively superior Test Drive Unlimited 1.

• Payne Killer likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, I'll never understand why people like to play objectively worse games/sequels. Take also Test Drive Unlimited 2 for instance. It's a driving game, but the driving mechanics/physics are horrible, the core part of the game, among many other things, yet some people prefer it over the objectively superior Test Drive Unlimited 1.

I played both and I can tell you why:

"Ugh, car physics are horrible, they took Lamborghini away, copied half of the last game into this one and cut th... Wait, is that Ibiza? Wow, GOTY!!"

• B Dawg likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:59 PM Edited by B Dawg, 08 July 2017 - 01:00 PM.

I played both and I can tell you why:

"Ugh, car physics are horrible, they took Lamborghini away, copied half of the last game into this one and cut th... Wait, is that Ibiza? Wow, GOTY!!"

Nah more like: ''Wooow, I can actually walk in the car showrooms and houses I've bought! Best driving game of all time!''

• Scaglietti, Payne Killer and DOUGL4S1 like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about TDU2. It was hot garbage, TDU1 was far better especially for its time. People kept praising it like it was the best thing since sliced bread in the Forza thread. I couldn't stop laughing. And yeah, I haven't touched GTA V or GTA:O in a while. Nothing makes me want to. I've been playing TBoGT a lot and driving around looking at this city never gets old.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:10 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about TDU2. It was hot garbage, TDU1 was far better especially for its time. People kept praising it like it was the best thing since sliced bread in the Forza thread. I couldn't stop laughing. And yeah, I haven't touched GTA V or GTA:O in a while. Nothing makes me want to. I've been playing TBoGT a lot and driving around looking at this city never gets old.

I saw that. It made me laugh that people thought TDU2 being better came down to being able to buy houses and sh*t because that's totally want I want to be doing in a RACING game. :rol:

Well I don't really against TDU2, but I've had way more fun with Forza Horizon 3.

Anyway back on topic. I think what I enjoy the most about Liberty City/Alderney is simply being able to walk around without being harassed by annoying A.I. The 3D era had homicidal gangs (particularly GTA III) which made enjoying the game worlds a chore IMO and in GTA V there are the dickhead peds that'll lose their mind for standing too close them.

Maybe GTA IV could've used some more random crime, but I like that I can walk around soaking everything up without being annoyed which is why I've spent more time exploring the city on foot than any other GTA city.

• B Dawg, anthony, Scaglietti and 1 other like this

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

#StraightOuttaAlderney

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:55 AM

My GTA Online character is from Steinway, Liberty City for life!

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:17 AM

I like the little random things that aren't scripted(well they don't feel scripted) like if I'm walking around Playboy X's apartment and I see a fat cop chasing after a fat biker, or some cars crash into each other and the drivers fight until one dude gets knocked out lmao, then the winner gets back into their car and drives away. Thing is in LC I don't feel "annoyed" by the pedestrians, I can walk around the map and wait at a crosswalk without some fool calling the cops on me, the cops talk sh*t to you but they aren't hostile 24/7.
  • anthony, theGTAking101, ProKiller93 and 3 others like this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:51 AM Edited by ViceBoy69, 11 July 2017 - 09:53 AM.

GTA4  gives you a feeling of being there, being a part of a living breathing city, i can just walk around sometimes and just stand and watch the peds interact, fights break out, cops chase people, you get random gun fire sometimes and you hear the peds screaming and running.

GTA5 feels dead, the peds are stupid, stand next to one they call the cops, pull a gun they all run away, every car spins when you pull away, the crashes are lame, yes it looks great but it has no soul, its surface stuff only it doesnt go as deep as GTA4, i never get tired of GTA4, im on another play through with Niko right now, i gave up on missions in GTA5, i dont like the story or the characters.

Online GTA5 is a mess its just stupid and Rockstar expect you to pay for stuff ? not happening i can tell you.

• anthony, Scaglietti, LtFlash and 2 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

Oh man, you guys are so right, too drunk to explain myself like you did guys, but sh*t; you just describe why GTA 4 is so unique.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:05 PM Edited by TheOriginalGunslinger, 11 July 2017 - 04:20 PM.

Walking through Middle Park is really cool too especially during the afternoon in-game. Tons of NPC's. A small little fitness class going on near some trees, a few joggers around, and some peacefully reading a book on a bench with ambient birds chirping all around throughout Middle Park. I've also noticed a few NPCs holding maybe a three or four sentence little convo and not some bullsh** one-liner one and last but not least can't forget the infamous saxophone man.
  • anthony, Payne Killer, Xiled and 1 other like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

GTA4  gives you a feeling of being there, being a part of a living breathing city, i can just walk around sometimes and just stand and watch the peds interact, fights break out, cops chase people, you get random gun fire sometimes and you hear the peds screaming and running.
GTA5 feels dead, the peds are stupid, stand next to one they call the cops, pull a gun they all run away, every car spins when you pull away, the crashes are lame, yes it looks great but it has no soul, its surface stuff only it doesnt go as deep as GTA4, i never get tired of GTA4, im on another play through with Niko right now, i gave up on missions in GTA5, i dont like the story or the characters.
Online GTA5 is a mess its just stupid and Rockstar expect you to pay for stuff ? not happening i can tell you.

Something about the lighting in GTA V makes it look and feel even more dead. Idk it's just so flat looking. The atmosphere ia flat and it rarely ever takes me away from the fact that I'm just playing a video game.
  • anthony, theGTAking101, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

I've been playing TLaD again and I realized how much of a better game it is than V, maybe even IV. It rains more often in TLaD for me, looks good with the noise effect on, especially when the rain has this greenish haze f*cking awesome.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Mr_Rager like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

I've been playing TLaD again and I realized how much of a better game it is than V, maybe even IV. It rains more often in TLaD for me, looks good with the noise effect on, especially when the rain has this greenish haze f*cking awesome.

I like the noise effect too. Would've been cool in GTA IV.
  • Payne Killer and Watain like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 July 2017 - 09:41 PM

I played the game again just now for the first time in a while, I forgot how great LC looked, and how great the NPC's are with their reactions, be it AI or physics. I went on a hospital rampage for about 3 hours straight. Then got called by Carmen for a date right after lol.

I hate to compare to GTA V constantly, but I agree that V is empty. I tried playing through the game again yesterday with no mods at all, and I had to stop. There's nothing fun to do, nothing to get lost in, even the story feels like a chore to go through.

Whenever I see people on gaming pages on Facebook, Reddit, other forums etc constantly say V is great and IV sucked, I just honestly wanna know what they see in the game, or how they play it. Like, do they mod the game, or are they talking about Online? Cause single player is so empty to me, I wanna know what they actually do in V to have fun for hours on end. I just can't do it without mods, but that was never a problem with IV for me.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, anthony and 3 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:28 PM

I was watching Jason Takes Manhattan last night and during the Times Square sequence it made me think of Star Junction. :inlove:

It astounds me how faithful Liberty City was created because that's what I usually start thinking of when I watch NYC themed movies/tv shows.

• Piggsy pls, Payne Killer, The Deadite and 1 other like this

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Playa

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:49 AM

This. Fu**ing this!

https://youtu.be/vQEi2rOgkbg
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg and Payne Killer like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

WE STILL LIVE

• The Yardies
  • None
  • 2nd Prettiest Snowflake 2017
    Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:20 PM

The transit is more lifelike, sure you can't roleplay as a normal driver but at least not everyone is driving a super shiny supercar, cars in LC seem affordable and sometimes they are dirty. Trevor is supposed to be driving a rust bucket but it stills look ready for a car show.

I was watching Jason Takes Manhattan last night and during the Times Square sequence it made me think of Star Junction. :inlove:

It astounds me how faithful Liberty City was created because that's what I usually start thinking of when I watch NYC themed movies/tv shows.

Haha lmao that dumbass rap song:

• Algonquin Assassin, Payne Killer, Mr_Rager and 1 other like this

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:03 PM Edited by .Emmi, 08 August 2017 - 08:04 PM.

Grand Theft Auto IV and especially Liberty City was in every sense special and amazing!

I just want the next GTA to go the same route as IV again ... more serious again, a deep and meaningful story, a character that you actually care about, a DENSE city packed with all sorts of peds and stuff to discover and do, great physics and animations, ...

I guess the dream would be two rather big and dense cities (narrow in the sense as Liberty City is) with a countryside in between them.

• Algonquin Assassin and anthony like this

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m
  • t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m

try again sweetie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

I enjoyed all of the little details Rockstar threw in. The trash and boxes on the curb, all of the pedestrians going about their day, those window cleaning platforms that you could ride, all of the fire escapes and balconies and ledges that you could climb. Liberty City is a minute fraction of the real New York City, yet it does a great job of immersing you and giving off that NYC aesthetic. Everything feels densely packed and the city is beautiful. There's lots of little hidden alleyways and props that you can use to your advantage. I just didn't feel that with Los Santos.

Also, 2000th post bitches.

• Algonquin Assassin, anthony, theGTAking101 and 6 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:56 AM

It's probably already been posted at some point, but watching this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It's no wonder it's the greatest city in the GTA universe.
  • theGTAking101 and Payne Killer like this

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

^ Ha, I just watched this one yesterday. Liberty City is really the best city for a GTA game.
  • Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

Look at this atmosphere...best gta city ever:

gtaiv_screenshot_290.jpg

• Algonquin Assassin, theGTAking101, .Emmi and 3 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:23 AM

It's the only GTA city with an atmosphere you can see in a photo.:p
  • theGTAking101, .Emmi and Ertan Soner like this

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:46 PM

It's the only GTA city with an atmosphere you can see in a photo. :p

Yeah but vice city is also great. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Members
  • Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

It's the only GTA city with an atmosphere you can see in a photo. :p

Yeah but vice city is also great.

This is true. My mistake.:)
  • Ertan Soner likes this

.Emmi
  • .Emmi

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:07 PM

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Very good

• Members
  • New-Caledonia

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

This trailer says it all.

• Algonquin Assassin, anthony, Zello and 4 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:27 AM

Stole Daisie's red F620 and went for a nice Jaaag drive around town. This place never gets old and I can actually say that now. Almost a decade later still enjoying it more than most locations in games three months in. Crazy!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users