Photo

The Liberty City Appreciation Thread

1,910 replies to this topic
MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:53 PM Edited by Militia, 30 August 2014 - 08:56 PM.

Yeah, I meant removes the ammo cap. At the post above me, at least the ammo cap is also removed on thrown, and special weapons as well. Unlike V.

Overall, though, the entire HD Era is watered down and has no incentives to actually do this stuff.  But because I've always went for 100% with the best stats and a vehicle collection, I continue to do the same.  For instance...200 Pigeons for a worthless Annihilator and a silly trophy.  Trophies are pathetic.  Give me some real rewards like it has been since the beginning, damnit!

I reckon I'll be just under 60 hours playing time for 100% in IV.  Pretty good timing if you ask me.

I gotta check out III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, TLaD, TBoGT, and V then as well and check my total playing time.  I never payed attention to this, but it'd be neat to see how quickly I did all the games with 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, 0 missions failed, etc...

OT: IV has ought to be the most detailed game.  For the life of me, I can never figure out where I am going.  Doing the Pigeons today with a Helicopter really looks nice from above with the city.  I haven't flown much, but it's nice in this map!  I gotta get a Maverick in LCS to view LC from the air in that 3D map...

• Luuk' likes this

Payne
  • Payne

I had a hole in my second favorite drinking arm.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, I meant removes the ammo cap. At the post above me, at least the ammo cap is also removed on thrown, and special weapons as well. Unlike V.

Overall, though, the entire HD Era is watered down and has no incentives to actually do this stuff.  But because I've always went for 100% with the best stats and a vehicle collection, I continue to do the same.  For instance...200 Pigeons for a worthless Annihilator and a silly trophy.  Trophies are pathetic.  Give me some real rewards like it has been since the beginning, damnit!

I reckon I'll be just under 60 hours playing time for 100% in IV.  Pretty good timing if you ask me.

I gotta check out III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, TLaD, TBoGT, and V then as well and check my total playing time.  I never payed attention to this, but it's be neat to see how quickly I did all the games with 0 deaths, 0 busted, 0 cheats, 0 missions failed, etc...
Yes, the next GTA better have the best rewards for 100% completion. Not a dumbass shirt, (Looking at you V).
  • TheOtherRyan, MetalMilitia89 and Kampret like this

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:26 AM

I agree with this. The rewards in the HD games suck balls compared to the 3D era. In saying that TLAD and TBOGT tried rectifying this by awarding weapons for completing drug and gang wars.

• MetalMilitia89 and Kampret like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

I gotta admit, the game looked breathtaking on High settings + CleanIV timecyc mod.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

Here we go again, another 75 Pigeons to do today.  Should be 150/200 Pigeons done by the end of today.   :sui:  :sui:

Will finish the remaining 50 tomorrow and get to 100%.

Lets see where Liberty City will bring me today.  Some of these Pigeons are in pretty obscure places.  That's one thing I do like about them.  Sometimes I say to myself "Holy fukk, without a guide, how would I ever find these and kill all 200?!"

• Kampret likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Lets see where Liberty City will bring me today.  Some of these Pigeons are in pretty obscure places.  That's one thing I do like about them.  Sometimes I say to myself "Holy fukk, without a guide, how would I ever find these and kill all 200?!"

Exactly, some of those pidgeons were in places I'd never think to look or had never visited/seen before.

Cheers.

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

Totally off topic here. Militia, is there any way to proof bikes in The Lost and Damned? Or make them "bail proof" in IV? Niko falls to easily and Jhonathan's bike cant take many shots.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

Exactly, some of those pidgeons were in places I'd never think to look or had never visited/seen before.

Cheers.

200 is still a bit overkill, but 100 would of been fine, imo...

Totally off topic here. Militia, is there any way to proof bikes in The Lost and Damned? Or make them "bail proof" in IV? Niko falls to easily and Jhonathan's bike cant take many shots.

Unfortunately, no.  In TLaD and TBoGT there is no way to proof any vehicles.  3D Era Only has proof vehicles.  IV has proof vehicles via glitch/exploit.  TLaD/TBoGT has nothing but Unique/EC Vehicles.  And V has no proof vehicles, either, only via save editor.

I am massively into proof vehicles and it's a shame that they are nerfed from the games these days.  This is why I much rather play 3D Era games over HD, but IV is still amazing...

Payne
  • Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Cheers.

200 is still a bit overkill, but 100 would of been fine, imo...

Unfortunately, no.  In TLaD and TBoGT there is no way to proof any vehicles.  3D Era Only has proof vehicles.  IV has proof vehicles via glitch/exploit.  TLaD/TBoGT has nothing but Unique/EC Vehicles.  And V has no proof vehicles, either, only via save editor.

I am massively into proof vehicles and it's a shame that they are nerfed from the games these days.  This is why I much rather play 3D Era games over HD, but IV is still amazing...
If only HD era had them as a customization option, only if you get 100%. Would make alot of replay value.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

^^^ I agree.

Anyways, I am finally done 150/200 Pigeons.

50 left for tomorrow and I am 100%.

This easily can lead someone to go insane and put into an asylum.  These are f*cking trash, I swear.

I wonder if those idiots at Rockstar who put this sh*t into the game ever play their own god damn games.  This is easily enough to drive someone crazy.  I didn't even mind the SA collectables, which were 250.  These in GTA IV are by far the worst f*cking thing in any of the 5 3D Era games and 4 HD Era games combined...

• TheOtherRyan, Kampret and Payne like this

ryd3r007
  • ryd3r007

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

You tell me, and to make it worste, im an animalist lol

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:46 AM

The only thing I like about the flying rats is it leads you to places you'd more than likely never go to.

• ryd3r007, Donut and Payne like this

Payne
  • Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:55 AM

The only thing I like about the flying rats is it leads you to places you'd more than likely never go to.

So what percent are you at.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:59 AM

About 25% now. I really haven't done a lot actually.:p

Payne
  • Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:00 AM

About 25% now. I really haven't done a lot actually.:p

You started a new game?

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:01 AM

Still doing the same one. Just taking my time.

Payne
  • Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:04 AM Edited by maxpaynefan, 01 September 2014 - 02:04 AM.

Still doing the same one. Just taking my time.

What mission are you on?

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:26 AM

I'm just starting Manny's missions.

So now I have 50 flying rats and have 150 to go. I'm getting there. :blush:

• Payne likes this

Payne
  • Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:28 AM

Fckin Manny, glad he died.
Hope you get all the pigeons.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:31 AM

I agree with Militia though that some of them are a pain in the ass to get. I'm trying to follow my guide in order, but have left a few (as they need a sniper rifle to get them and I haven't got one yet).

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

Yo! It's the streets man. I can feel them running through my vains! :lol:

Cheers.

• Mr. Jago and Kampret like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

That is literally the ONLY thing good about them.  Other than that, these are f*cking awful.  At least there is 6 Pigeons on the Statue of Happiness, LOL....There is also a couple locations where 2 are literally right on top of each other.  One on the ground and one on the ledge above the ground.

Also, for the airport ones, just get a Helicopter to avoid the wanted level, that's what WildBrick142 and I did/do...As for the United Nations building that gives you 4 stars, also with a stunt jump on it, just stand on top of a Landstalker or Huntley Sport, etc, and shoot it that way, thus no 4 star wanted level, only 1 star...

About 25% now. I really haven't done a lot actually. :p

I have a problem with going as quickly as I can to finish them.  100% as I remember you saying in the past is somewhat of a chore for me, so I like to finish the game as quickly as possible and then just have fun roaming around the map and taking it all in as slow as possible.  Maybe one day I won't need GPS, LOL...

50 isn't bad.  Once you get over the 100 mark, it appears to go quicker.  Maybe it's because you know you are half done and so close to finishing, yet so far away...LOL...If you're going for Trophies, I highly doubt you'll get the "Liberty City Minute Man" Trophy (I think that is what it's called) because you gotta finish 60% of the game (Story only) in LESS than 40 hours.  I finished it in 41 hours, because, like you, I was doing side stuff while taking my time with the story.  If you literally start a new game and JUST do the story and NOTHING else, you can literally finish it in under 20 hours.  It's not hard at all.  Only like 3-5 missions gave me trouble.  Some names: Hostile Negotiation, Snow Storm, Russian Revolution, etc...

I agree with Militia though that some of them are a pain in the ass to get. I'm trying to follow my guide in order, but have left a few (as they need a sniper rifle to get them and I haven't got one yet).

You get a Sniper Rifle pretty early on in the story.  I forget what mission, but you get one when you look over a deal that goes bad with Packie and some goons....I think....And when you get Jacob's like to 75% or his respect to 75%, I can't remember which, you can call him for guns and get a discount.  I never go to Ammunation, lol...Too expensive.

I need to save my 1.2 million dollars for when I get to 100% and take out my AP Police Stockade for 6 star rampages and buy like 500 Grenades, literally...That's when my fun begins...

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

You get a Sniper Rifle pretty early on in the story.  I forget what mission, but you get one when you look over a deal that goes bad with Packie and some goons....I think....And when you get Jacob's like to 75% or his respect to 75%, I can't remember which, you can call him for guns and get a discount.  I never go to Ammunation, lol...Too expensive.

I need to save my 1.2 million dollars for when I get to 100% and take out my AP Police Stockade for 6 star rampages and buy like 500 Grenades, literally...That's when my fun begins...

Yes, the first appearance of Packie when you need to cover him from the gang.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

100% Completion, Perfect Stats, 4 Unique Vehicles and 6 EC Vehicles and all 10 vehicles are BP/DP/EP/FP.

57:49:01 total playing time.

Thankfully these horrid Pigeons are done.

Time to enjoy Liberty City without worrying about doing anything required for 100%.

• Mr. Jago, Vercetti42, Kampret and 1 other like this

Payne
  • Payne

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

100% Completion, Perfect Stats, 4 Unique Vehicles and 6 EC Vehicles and all 10 vehicles are BP/DP/EP/FP.

Time to enjoy Liberty City without worrying about doing anything required for 100%.

Congrats!

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

Congrats!

Thanks, man.  I would of been done 2 weeks ago, but because of my long hours for work, I only had time to finish what I needed to on the weekends, and because today is Labor Day in the USA, I had off today, which helped cuz I finished IV today.

57 hours isn't very long, imo.  Also, it took 23 days total of playing.  I turned my PS3 on and played IV and progressed 23 total times.  SA might of took longer, tbh.  However, those Pigeons felt like they'd never end.  Thankfully they are done!

• Payne likes this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

Congratulations! 58 hours is as long as me getting from rank 1 to rank 50 in GTA:O. I salute you mate.

Be sure to check out the swing set glitch, or play some MP, for some relaxation.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

So I've done all the flying rats in Bohan, Dukes and Broker. I only have 127 left now.

I have a feeling my 100% save will be a lot longer than Militia's because I'm doing these in between missions and in relatively small doses.

I tell you what though like I said it's given me a new for the game. Even though the flying rats are a pain they're leading me to places I've never been to before.
  • MetalMilitia89 and Kampret like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

So I've done all the flying rats in Bohan, Dukes and Broker. I only have 127 left now.

I have a feeling my 100% save will be a lot longer than Militia's because I'm doing these in between missions and in relatively small doses.

I tell you what though like I said it's given me a new for the game. Even though the flying rats are a pain they're leading me to places I've never been to before.

Well, good luck then mate. I wish I had the time and patience to do all of that.

• TheOtherRyan and MetalMilitia89 like this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:02 PM Edited by Vercetti42, 03 September 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Gah, I really want to finish my current playthrough so that I can start my new realistic playthrough but I am stuck on the mission "Catch the Wave".

ALL HAIL PHIL BELL.

Edit: Okay, I just passed the mission. I'll start a new realistic playthrough after completing my current save. I'm thinking of going for 100% myself. Should I start a fresh new save for that or continue on after I finish my current save?

• Kampret likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users