Photo

Man of Steel

94 replies to this topic
Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Going to see it tomorrow, i'll tell my opinions then.

Fedor
  • Fedor

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:32 PM

Why is Rotten Tomatoes sh*tting all over this film?

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Fedor @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 21:32)
Why is Rotten Tomatoes sh*tting all over this film?

Because they hate Zack Snyder.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Indi @ Friday, Jun 14 2013, 15:30)
http://www.imdb.com/...s?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Everyone's pretty much loving it on IMDb. f*ck the critics.

Negative reviews pop up on the second page though. That happens with every popular film nowadays.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

The critics sh*t all over it, and it's really the first time I disagree so strongly with them. If you actually read what they're complaining about, it's mostly trivial. First off, they got the right actor. Secondly, they told the backstory in an original, well paced way. I don't get why some people think the pacing of this movie is off, I thought it was perfect. Much better than TDKR for example. Maybe it's because they're so used to origin stories being told in a linear fashion. And the action. From the first point he started flying I knew it was in the right hands. Snyder is an amazing action director. The end fight with Zod had some of the best choreography I've ever seen, yes it was almost all digital, and yes it still requires a ridiculous amount of work to bring that to life.

The fast movements, the lack of slow motion, the handheld filmography, everything complemented the action beautifully.

Jackal.
  • Jackal.

Don't you f*cking look at me!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

It was good don't get me wrong but yeah I felt the pacing was a little off, and some of the fight scenes just seemed to drag and drag. Still, I'd like to see what they do for a sequel and see if it can be improved.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Now that i have seen it.....only one word comes to mind - WOW! I literally had goosebumps through the movie. The intro was original and awesome. Clarks past being told was excellent. The fight scenes were mindblowing. And the CGI effects with the 3D were just amazing. I also thought some parts stalled more, and like some parts were cut or something. There were many cool parts in the film, but it needs more details. Also, it was weird they killed of Emil Hamilton. Anyway, this is now one of my favourite movies...just want to see it again.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:35 PM

People talk about how there's too much action in this movie, but I think that final fight with Zod after he takes off his suit could've lasted a minute longer.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Man of Steel is the perfect Superman movie to date. I love the original Donner films but this movie treats Superman with more respect. Plus, I really loved them letting Supes loose against Zod in Metropolis and destroying it.

I can't believe it took so long for that to happen on screen, considering it happens in all Supe related cartoons and comics.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

What's the f*cking story with the ending? Superman killing Zod! Superman does not kill!. This movie sucks because of this. Waste of money watching this crap.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:13 PM Edited by rudy., 10 July 2013 - 02:38 PM.

QUOTE (Little William @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 13:20)
What's the f*cking story with the ending? Superman killing Zod! Superman does not kill!. This movie sucks because of this. Waste of money watching this crap.

It's pretty cute how you've branded the whole movie as "crap" because the ending was no good.

Anywho, I was bothered by Superman killing Zod too, but hey he's SUPERMAN, and he doesn't have a no kill rule in this movie, I know this doesn't sit right with some people, but he doesn't. He knows that in the real world, under the right circumstances, he might have to twist some motherf*cker's head off. He's willing to sacrifice his self image for the greater good. He's willing to sacrifice the existence of his home planet, for he believes it had it's time, and Earth deserves it's own chance.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE (Little William @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 18:50)

Really? Maybe this article will help you feel a little relaxed about the ending.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

I thought I was the only one that didn't like this movie. Turns out a ton of people hate it. Very few of the critics have reasonable arguments, as usual, but I can't call bullsh*t on all of them. Gave this one a low score myself.

•¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•
  • •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?•

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

I thought I had already weighed in on this, but I guess I hadn't, i'm going to treat this like a regular movie, not a Superman Movie.

So the movie was good, I enjoyed it, I thought the story was pretty solid for the most part, I enjoyed it a fair bit, the part Where his adopted father dies is pretty horrible, I really really liked it though, it was a great piece in the whole movie, father making a sacrifice for the son, that's a great twist. I also liked how it showed Superman growing up, I kinda wish it went over his childhood a lot more actually.

My main issues with the movies were the fight scenes, overall I thought they were pretty lame, I think the crashing through buildings and all that was pretty damn cool, but seeing a few characters just hurl each other backwards and forwards for a while gets boring, I wish they could throw in some cool kung-fu fighting kinda of thing, that'd be way cooler in my opinion, or just exchanging face punches blow for blow without flying 2km everytime.

As a point for comparison, Personally I preferred the Batman films for cooler fight sequences, and more complex storylines. Man of steel was a good flick, memorable enough, but not worth raving about to everyone.
7/10.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

I must be the only person in the world who gives it a f*cking 20/10.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by UrbanTheEmcee, 16 July 2013 - 04:25 PM.

QUOTE (finn4life @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 09:21)
I thought I had already weighed in on this, but I guess I hadn't, i'm going to treat this like a regular movie, not a Superman Movie.

So the movie was good, I enjoyed it, I thought the story was pretty solid for the most part, I enjoyed it a fair bit, the part Where his adopted father dies is pretty horrible, I really really liked it though, it was a great piece in the whole movie, father making a sacrifice for the son, that's a great twist. I also liked how it showed Superman growing up, I kinda wish it went over his childhood a lot more actually.

My main issues with the movies were the fight scenes, overall I thought they were pretty lame, I think the crashing through buildings and all that was pretty damn cool, but seeing a few characters just hurl each other backwards and forwards for a while gets boring, I wish they could throw in some cool kung-fu fighting kinda of thing, that'd be way cooler in my opinion, or just exchanging face punches blow for blow without flying 2km everytime.

As a point for comparison, Personally I preferred the Batman films for cooler fight sequences, and more complex storylines. Man of steel was a good flick, memorable enough, but not worth raving about to everyone.
7/10.

Don't know if you went to the restroom during this part, but the final battle was kick ass.

user posted image
user posted image

Warning: Spoiler / Poor Quality

I loved Michael Shannon as Zod too.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hishe just released their lastest How It Should Have Ended.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• United-Kingdom
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Like was the case with the amazing spiderman it didn't feel exactly true to its identity, but boy oh boy was it good a good movie. The ending might not have been what I would've liked it to be, but overall I was taped to my seat - I really don't get the hate it got, definite 8-9/10 for me.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Jul 16 2013, 16:46)
Like was the case with the amazing spiderman it didn't feel exactly true to its identity, but boy oh boy was it good a good movie. The ending might not have been what I would've liked it to be, but overall I was taped to my seat - I really don't get the hate it got, definite 8-9/10 for me.

Exactly my opinion. The film was different and in a good way. All i wish is a like a clue in the end that would hint something about the sequel.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

HOLY F*CKING SH*T!!! Man of Steel 2 includes Batman!!! Heres a quote from Warner Bros:
BURBANK, Calif., Jul 20, 2013 — On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time–Batman and Superman–for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.

Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.

Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”

Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”

Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”

The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.

Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”

The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

A pic also from comic con:
user posted image

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

^^ So awesome. I saw this film earlier today and it was fantastic. I have no idea what the critics were moaning about; I thought the movie was very well-paced, had great acting and the action scenes were great.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

I'm gonna faint, and then nut my pants, and then wake up, and then see this news again, and then faint and barf my face off. I can't tell what's going to happen after that.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Saturday, Jul 20 2013, 21:49)
I'm gonna faint, and then nut my pants, and then wake up, and then see this news again, and then faint and barf my face off. I can't tell what's going to happen after that.

Exactly what i did biggrin.gif I basically just laughed out loud biggrin.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

I can't explain how excited this makes, me. I was hoping they'd just jump right into a justice league movie, but this makes more sense. Start slow, and build up to a full on Justice League movie.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Finally. It's like WB/DC just woke up.
Avengers 2 & World's Finest in the same year.
2015 is going to be huge.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

2015, what the f*ck?
That's WAY too far.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Don't worry. When they first announced the Avengers, it was like 4 years away. This is only 2 years.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

user posted image
user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users