Quantcast

» «
Photo

Man of Steel

94 replies to this topic
UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

Just like with TDKR, we get a Nokia Trailer.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

I'm going to watch this in 3D on the 19th of June.
Looks like the best movie ever!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Russell Crowe? Sold.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Thursday, Jun 6 2013, 13:09)
I'm going to watch this in 3D on the 19th of June.
Looks like the best movie ever!

It defiantly looks like a game changer. Any comic book movie following it will have to bring it.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Most epic soundtrack ever!

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Looks like this is the superman film we've been waiting years for.

am I the only one around here who thinks Russell Crowe is holy over rated and was only good in Gladiator?

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 19:29)

am I the only one around here who thinks Russell Crowe is holy over rated and was only good in Gladiator?

I think he's overrated when people treat him like an Icon, but he's still a good actor to me.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 00:59)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Friday, Jun 7 2013, 19:29)

I think he's overrated when people treat him like an Icon, but he's still a good actor to me.

Gladiator is an iconic movie, but he is not an iconic actor and it bugs me when people treat him as such.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

I'm pretty excited. Went to my comic shop the other day and got Action Comics vol. 1 (of the New 52), and put Superman Unchained and Batman/Superman on my pull list.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

This is pretty neat. Movie Clips put together a fan made film of the invasion on metropolis.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

Watching this on Friday. Looks like the best superhero movie ever made. It was obvious to me since Zack Snyder and Nolan are making this.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

Just got my tickets for friday. My anticipation for this is through the roof. I really love Superman as much as Batman. I didn't completely hate Returns, but there was definitely a lot I felt needed to happen to make Superman truly work in a modern cinematic setting and Man of Steel (seems) to have done a lot of that.

Most of the reviews I've read are quite negative. Most of them complain that this movie has too much action, srsly? I'm gonna ignore the sh*t outta such reviews until friday. alien.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:48 PM

1. Action
2. Russell Crowe
3. f*cking Superman

Those critics haven't the slightest idea or just movie fans that said 'too much action' mercie_blink.gif Where the hell did they come from? Venus?

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

i'm seeing this tomorrow. not THAT skeen on it right now but i know it'll be a great movie because of christopher nolans dark tactics

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

I have to wait till the 28th to see this....god damn.

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

http://www.imdb.com/...s?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Everyone's pretty much loving it on IMDb. f*ck the critics.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

I really liked this movie. I give it a 8/10. It could have easily gotten a 9/10 from me if it had left out the fight with the world engine, and also cut the destruction of Metropolis in half.

They did some neat things with the character I've never seen before. There's a point where Superman gets knocked down, but instead of standing to his feet, he just floats up from the ground. Some of the punches in the final fight with Zod break the sound barrier, and the visual effects from this are awesome.

The Controversy: In the final fight between Zod & Superman, Superman has Zod in a head lock, and Zod uses his heat vision to corner a family of four. Superman ends up breaking Zods neck to stop him from killing the family. When this happened at my theatre you could hear the audience gasp and whimper. Superman stood for a few seconds in disbelief, then let out an emotional cry/yell. Falling to his knees to be consoled by a shocked Lois Lane. This was a powerful moment for me, and personally I loved how Henry Cavil sold the moment. Great acting from both men in that final bit of action.

I think the hardcore guys will see it 3-4 times, the action junkies might see it twice, and the casual viewer once. I plan to see it at least one more time in theatres.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:28 AM

Going to see this today. I'm expecting to be mildly surprised, if not blown away. This ain't no Batman after all. tounge.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:41 PM

Just saw it, couldn't make it yesterday, and I liked it. I wish the suit had an effect similar to the New 52 Superman when he gets it, where it's just a blank template, and only when he puts it on and it senses who he is, does the symbol appear. Also would have liked a line saying how it's indestructible. Other than minor gripes like that, it's pretty much the best on screen representation of a Superman story.

Also, I would have rather had Lois not know that he's Clark Kent. I like it when she falls in love with Clark, not Superman, and only after does she find out his secret. And doing this also takes away much of his struggle to figure out if he's Clark acting like Superman or Superman acting like Clark he usually figures that he's both.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:25 AM

Decent movie; liked it. I initially thought that the they went a little overboard with the destruction of the city, but then when you think about aliens invading it and trying to turn it into Krypton, it seemed kind of justified. The Batman reference is really a blink-and-you-miss one. If I hadn't known about it already, I would have missed it just like my friends did. Although, I enjoyed it telling them after the movie.

@darthYENIK: Lois Lane not knowing Clark is Superman would have done justice to the comics but I always thought that it was kind of silly that she wouldn't recognize him because putting on glasses doesn't really overhaul your looks. I'm okay with the current approach.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 16 June 2013 - 08:12 PM.

Yeah, it's really a selfish point on my part. I'm not a big fan of the will they won't they, or will she find out, I'm just a fan of Lois falling for Clark the human, not the Kryptonian.

From reading reviews and reactions, I see that there are two legitimate fanbases for Superman. There are the comic book fans, the people who clamor for Brainiac and Metallo, and want to see Lex Luthor as a powerful corporate CEO/misguided genius. Then there are the Movie/TV fans who usually see Superman in that golden age light, where he saving damsels (Lois usually) from mad scientists, and Lex Luthor is just a criminal.

Anyone else warn people sitting in their seats that there isn't a "Stinger" on this movie? I saw at least a dozen people sticking around, and told a couple as I was walking down the aisle to the exit. I'm glad there is nothing after the credits. I might have wanted to see a nod to a sequel (a hint at well, Brainiac, Metallo or Luthor), but WB probably would have pushed for something hinting at the Justice League, and it would have felt forced. Unless they have a legit plan for a series of movies, like Marvel did with the MCU.

EDIT: I'd also like to add. I don't think it would've hurt this movie as much as Nolan/Zimmer fans claim, to have the '78 Superman theme by John Williams. If nothing else, a remake would have been awesome. You know, make it less John Williamsy, with his love of flutes and woodwinds being a focus. Here, start it at 1:13...

I'd kill to see this cut into Man of Steel.

EDIT2: It's not that great quality, but it works...

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

Can you imagine the carnage if they do Doomsday or Darkseid in one of these sequels. Metropolis can't take another battle of that magnitude.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

I didn't even watch it yet sad.gif

None of my mates want to go, which is a shame. I'm going to go watch it sometime this week if i can.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 19:00)
I didn't even watch it yet sad.gif

None of my mates want to go, which is a shame. I'm going to go watch it sometime this week if i can.

Yeah it sucks when you can't find someone to go with you. None of my friends wanted to go see The Hobbit, so I ended up going by myself. Walking into a full theatre by yourself is extremely magnifying. Never again. lol

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 16:32)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Sunday, Jun 16 2013, 19:00)
I didn't even watch it yet  sad.gif  

Yeah it sucks when you can't find someone to go with you. None of my friends wanted to go see The Hobbit, so I ended up going by myself. Walking into a full theatre by yourself is extremely magnifying. Never again. lol

f*ck that. I always go to movies alone. I'm not missing out cause no one else wants to see it.
Can't wait for this to drop in NZ. Actually pissed I gotta wait until next week.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

In California, you're never alone on opening weekend for movies like this. I mean that as in, there are tons of theaters around here, and all of them are usually packed for the summer blockbusters.

Luckily, I can always convince at least someone in my family to go to a movie. I don't know if I'll be able to do it again when I go to the Hobbit this year. My dad and brother went with me, and they both looked bored. I was at the edge of my seat.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Monday, Jun 17 2013, 13:31)
In California, you're never alone on opening weekend for movies like this. I mean that as in, there are tons of theaters around here, and all of them are usually packed for the summer blockbusters.

Luckily, I can always convince at least someone in my family to go to a movie. I don't know if I'll be able to do it again when I go to the Hobbit this year. My dad and brother went with me, and they both looked bored. I was at the edge of my seat.

Oh yeah, I loved The Hobbit. Part 2 looks even better. I fully expect it to be in my top 3 movies this year.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

This year has an amazing line up of movies for geeks. We've already seen Iron Man, Star Trek, and Superman. And we still have Wolverine, Thor, and the Hobbit.

I have a good gag for MOS 2. Clark wakes up in Lois' bed. He uncovers himself to reveal he's wearing red underwear. He puts on his suit and his street clothes. He gets to the Daily Planet, but there is a crime he hears across town. He runs into an alley, does the classic shirt rip, and as he emerges from the alley in red and blue, he still has the red undies on. He quickly rips them off.

Someone get me Chris Nolan!

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

I'm shocked by some of your reactions.
I thought that Man of Steel deserves a title 20x higher than best film of all time.
The 3D is one of the best I've ever seen and it has the most action I've ever seen in a superhero film.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 14:07)
I'm shocked by some of your reactions.
I thought that Man of Steel deserves a title 20x higher than best film of all time.
The 3D is one of the best I've ever seen and it has the most action I've ever seen in a superhero film.

It was a great movie, but I'm reserving my 10/10 for the sequel. Now that origin story is done, they can focus on making a great sequel ala TDK.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users